PDA

View Full Version : so are we definitely getting the famitsu cup event?or someth

majan
Jul 8, 2007, 12:34 AM
could anybody offer confirmation on this?with a link?also apparently it won't be famitsu for us simply cus its a japan based mag,but maybe they're swindling an american mag to promote it.Allegedly.(kubara pun intended.SoA=made of Allegedly)

beatrixkiddo
Jul 8, 2007, 12:40 AM
I've heard that the US game data contains an EGM version of the magazine wand weapon that was awarded as part of the Famitsu Cup.

But I could be wrong.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 8, 2007, 01:01 AM
We never know untill we get it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 8, 2007, 01:03 AM
All signs point to maybe.

ShinAnt
Jul 8, 2007, 01:06 AM
Well It would make sense if EGM did it.
They Supported events on PSO all the time.

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 01:08 AM
I love the fact that this pessimism in us getting events is completely unfounded.

PEOPLE, WE GOT FIREBREAK, EVEN WITHOUT A SPONSOR.

And since there are various sources telling us that there is an EGM magazine in the game, all signs point to yes. Theirs really no reason we SHOULDNT be getting it.

omegapirate2k
Jul 8, 2007, 01:08 AM
I'd say its a given we'll get it.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 8, 2007, 01:10 AM
I don't even get why a VIDEO GAME EVENT needs a sponsor.

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:10, chuck_norris wrote:
I don't even get why a VIDEO GAME EVENT needs a sponsor.

Need? No. But would they benefit from it? Most definitely. Both parties mutually benefit from it actually. Famitsu gets all that free in-game publicity, and PSU gets all that free magazine publicity. Its a great deal for both sides.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 8, 2007, 01:14 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:08, Niered wrote:
I love the fact that this pessimism in us getting events is completely unfounded.

And since there are various sources telling us that there is an EGM magazine in the game, all signs point to yes. Theirs really no reason we SHOULDNT be getting it.

Yes, logically there is no reason for us not to get it.

But this is ST, so logic isn't a concern in the matter.

ShinAnt
Jul 8, 2007, 01:15 AM
A buddy of mine said that Firebreak should have been sponsored by Mountain Dew Code Red...
Cause Firebreak was evidently hardcore to the max!

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:14, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:

On 2007-07-07 23:08, Niered wrote:

Yes, logically there is no reason for us not to get it.

But this is ST, so logic isn't a concern in the matter.

ST is by no means a GREAT development team. In fact, especially with their recent sonic games I think most everyone can agree, theyre pretty much a shit development team.

That said, they arent stupid, they realized long ago that they could make money off of stupid 12 year olds that would buy crappy "dark hedgehog" games. So they arent going to skip on a opportunity to use rehashed content from the JP side.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 8, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:15, ShinAnt wrote:
A buddy of mine said that Firebreak should have been sponsored by Mountain Dew Code Red...

I agree with that, Also famitsu should be sponsored by Jello brand Jello.

ShinAnt
Jul 8, 2007, 01:20 AM
Always back to that Shadow.
They really screwed them selves on that one! GOOD JOB SONIC TEAM! YOU ALMOST PULLED AN ACCLAIM!!

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 01:22 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:20, ShinAnt wrote:
Always back to that Shadow.
They really screwed them selves on that one! GOOD JOB SONIC TEAM! YOU ALMOST PULLED AN ACCLAIM!!

No, acclaim died peacefully in a corner where noone cared. Sonic Team seems to like waving around a pistol screaming suicide threats, but every time they pull the trigger they just shoot themselves in the foot. D:

DonRoyale
Jul 8, 2007, 01:25 AM
Here's hoping.

And lol Niered.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 8, 2007, 01:31 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:17, Niered wrote:

So they arent going to skip on a opportunity to use rehashed content from the JP side.

You'd sure think that, wouldn't you? I'll admit, they've done well so far with PSU.

But I hail from PSOBB, where they just decided to never give us half the stuff they gave JP, with no explanation.

We'll see, though. I'm actually thinking we will see it in some form, but ST loves to make a liar out of people.

Alisha
Jul 8, 2007, 01:49 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:06, ShinAnt wrote:
Well It would make sense if EGM did it.
They Supported events on PSO all the time.

unless EGM sponsered an event on lolBB egm only did one event on ep 3 and so did game informer. for the record the game informer quest was ass compared to the EGM and dreamaga quests.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jul 8, 2007, 01:54 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:49, Alisha wrote:
unless EGM sponsered an event on lolBB Nah, only AOL and Yahoo! did BB.

YOU'VE KILLED 200 ENEMIES! YOU'RE SO FAST, YOU MUST BE USING AOL! YOUR ENEMIES HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED VIA AIM!

KTani
Jul 8, 2007, 08:46 AM
I thought PSO (on GameCube) had a Famitsu event...? Maximum Attack or something, I forget the name. But then those servers were linked with the Japanese ones so that wouldn't be that surprising.

Sydz
Jul 8, 2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I believe we got one back in the dreamcast days too. But it's been so long, I might be mistaken.
As for a sponsor, 1up (which is EGM/ziff davis anyway) does lots of stuff with games, so I woudnt be suprised if they end up involved.

majan
Jul 8, 2007, 10:50 AM
all signs do point to yes,all signs point to yes,indeed,but this is sonic team.I was looking for someone with a link to legitimate information.

PJ
Jul 8, 2007, 10:55 AM
lol ST hate

I'm gonna say yes. And bet my... rarest item on it! Yeah! (Like... a Vulcaline or something)

BB didn't get events cause their population sucked the whole way through, and they were whiners http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

BanF
Jul 8, 2007, 10:55 AM
It seems to me it can go either way, sponsor or not. We'll just have to wait and see.

HFlowen
Jul 8, 2007, 11:24 AM
I've discussed this with Envy, and you simply have to look at this from a marketing standpoint.

The system is already programmed, they are using it for the JPN version right now. They have absolutely NOTHING to gain by not giving it to the NA/PAL version. Granted, they'll probably change the name.

I vote for Rappy Break. =P

Sexy_Raine
Jul 8, 2007, 11:42 AM
I doubt this event will ever come here. I have no hopes for it. I do hope we get something different. We'll probably get Icebreak Seed missions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sekani
Jul 8, 2007, 12:09 PM
I think that there's a high probability of us getting the Famitsu Cup (or whatever it'll be called), but have seen no reason to believe that there's going to be some kind of "Icebreak" event. Other than synth-rate superstitions that has to be the biggest rumor going around right now.

Allison_W
Jul 8, 2007, 12:38 PM
On 2007-07-08 10:09, Sekani wrote:
I think that there's a high probability of us getting the Famitsu Cup (or whatever it'll be called), but have seen no reason to believe that there's going to be some kind of "Icebreak" event. Other than synth-rate superstitions that has to be the biggest rumor going around right now.

Probably because even if there's no actual word of an Icebreak event, it would not be at all surprising. All the stuff they need for it is in there, and there's gonna be some time to kill between the end of the Famitsu Cup and the release of AoI. If I had to anticipate an event for them to use to space the Cup and AoI, it'd be Icebreak. (But I don't, so I'm really not going to hold my breath any which way. Better to take the risk of being pleasantly surprised than the risk of being disappointed when you're dealing with ST, I suppose.)

majan
Jul 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
I think they made evey kubara weapon description end in 'allegedly' or 'maybe' just to remind us how shady they are,and never to expect a whole lot out of them.

lethe
Jul 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-07-08 12:14, majan wrote:
I think they made evey kubara weapon description end in 'allegedly' or 'maybe' just to remind us how shady they are,and never to expect a whole lot out of them.

one day i hope to open a kubara shop, and the slogan shall be

"Lethe's Kubara Shop, the best handcrafted photon weapons on the market.probably."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lethe on 2007-07-08 16:35 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 8, 2007, 06:57 PM
On 2007-07-08 09:24, HFlowen wrote:
I've discussed this with Envy, and you simply have to look at this from a marketing standpoint.

The system is already programmed, they are using it for the JPN version right now. They have absolutely NOTHING to gain by not giving it to the NA/PAL version. Granted, they'll probably change the name.

I second your vote! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

pikachief
Jul 8, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-07-08 09:24, HFlowen wrote:

umm in the famistu cup all the levels have rappies as a rare spawn and u trade rappy feathers for items instead of ban photons so it bassically is a rappy break XP

Jet1337
Jul 8, 2007, 07:45 PM
I hope a good developer comes along and steal Phantasy Star from Sega, because if I know Sega, they'll fucking take this game to the grave with them and make it shittier with every sequel..kinda like Sonic!

MrPOW
Jul 8, 2007, 09:13 PM
I can't believe all the Sonic Team hate here. Face it, PSU is way more popular in Japan than it is here and at this point they won't be able to do much to boost the population until AoI comes out. I blame reviewers, the release date, and zero marketing...none of which is the developer's fault. All they did was make an awesome game. And Sonic Team is a fairly large studio...the Sonic games everyone bitches about are done by completely different teams, some not even part of Sonic Team (Sonic on 360/PS3 was developed by Sonic Team USA, a completely different studio, for example). Since the release of PSO that team has pretty much worked only on PS games non-stop (PSO, V2, PSO PC, Episodes I & II, Episode III, BB, PSU, AOI). Now we're getting almost everything we want and more in AOI and everyone still rags on them. Ungrateful, I say.

And I see no reason we won't get the EGM Cup/Maximum Attack, or whatever it ends up being called. It's a long time until November.

But seriously, lighten up? I've been very pleased with the updates so far. I mean compare them to what we got in PSO...

majan
Jul 8, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-07-08 19:13, MrPOW wrote:
I can't believe all the Sonic Team hate here. Face it, PSU is way more popular in Japan than it is here and at this point they won't be able to do much to boost the population until AoI comes out. I blame reviewers, the release date, and zero marketing...none of which is the developer's fault. All they did was make an awesome game. And Sonic Team is a fairly large studio...the Sonic games everyone bitches about are done by completely different teams, some not even part of Sonic Team (Sonic on 360/PS3 was developed by Sonic Team USA, a completely different studio, for example). Since the release of PSO that team has pretty much worked only on PS games non-stop (PSO, V2, PSO PC, Episodes I & II, Episode III, BB, PSU, AOI). Now we're getting almost everything we want and more in AOI and everyone still rags on them. Ungrateful, I say.

And I see no reason we won't get the EGM Cup/Maximum Attack, or whatever it ends up being called. It's a long time until November.

But seriously, lighten up? I've been very pleased with the updates so far. I mean compare them to what we got in PSO...

well pointed out,and that's the main reason I don't really go all out bashing sonic team.they did make an awesome game,so awesome that we all care about it to a point where we share the hobby we enjoy here on the forums.

but,I must continue my tirade about how they are 'unlocking' the content in this game.drip feeding your consumers to lead them on and keep them playing no matter what is a good way to keep them paying 10 bucks a month but it also pisses everyone off a hell of a lot(hence the numerous quitters)and its also a very good way to make everybody feel like they sure are NOT getting their 10 bucks per months worth.a game someone is hardly enjoying because the entire thing hasn't been truly at their fingertips for 8 months after its launch will be the first thing off of peoples expense list.once again,hence the numerous quitters.

this way that they fuck with us is what I blame sonic team for and why I say once again that they are made of Allegedly.
good point though,and back to topic,I was seeing if anybody had a link to prove this but apparently not so I guess 'wait and see' is the collective answer here.

or...

EGM Cup 8* Kubara Article

An event that will knock off the socks of the American PSU players with fun missions and high chances of rare items dropping. Maybe.

D1ABOLIK
Jul 8, 2007, 11:29 PM
On 2007-07-07 23:15, ShinAnt wrote:

Mountain dew sponsors all my PSU runs.As much of the stuff i have to drink to stay awake through the same missions,over,and over,and over,and over,and over.Look a red box finally!!!Oh.... its kubara wood....again.

Wallin
Jul 15, 2007, 11:52 PM
Question about Famitsu Cup - how long did it last in Japan?

TheLOLBandit
Jul 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
i hope we get famitsu cup i want a rappy suit

Wallin
Jul 16, 2007, 12:19 AM
Yeah, but I'm just trying to figure out if I should spend all my time looking for rappies now or later... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

TheLOLBandit
Jul 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
im going to do it later but if i find them now

GO ME!!!!

Zorafim
Jul 16, 2007, 12:27 AM
Jeesh, bikinis. They may as well release nude skins and get it over with. Then again, knowing the fanbase, I'm sure it won't be long before we see those.

Serephim
Jul 16, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:22, Niered wrote:

No, acclaim died peacefully in a corner where noone cared. Sonic Team seems to like waving around a pistol screaming suicide threats, but every time they pull the trigger they just shoot themselves in the foot. D:

More like they wave around their pistol screaming and ADVERTISING suicide threats, and everytime they pull the trigger they shoot themselves in the foot and everyone pays them for it.

Sonic team is dead. Its living off its horrible fanbase of people who actully believe a hedgehog with an AK-47 running around capping shit and screaming "DAMN!" is cool.

I mean, shadow was an absolutely awesome character until they tried to make ALL of their characters something their not. You cant make a serious HEDGEHOG game. They can't have love stories, they can't frenchkiss and have sexual relationships with humans (Sonic 360 pls anyone), and NO they can't decide that after a perfectly good storyline ending where their awesome antihero (with the coolest videogame running animation EVER might i add) dies, the next day they OMGdelete his awesome running animation and say "here your alive in this game, run around and look for a purpose with an oversized morbid tin can and a bat with big titties", then the next day they fire everyone and give him (AND EVERYONE ELSE MIGHT I ADD) a fucking horrible voice actor, screw over his awesome looking running animation, and say "here your a black gangster with a pistol, go cap sum motherfuckers " and then have all their characters decide they can just up and curse every "goddammed" second of the game like your playing GTA or something.

Sonic Team has screwed over their main franchise so bad they need to just kill it or start over. The problem is, no matter how bad they fuck it up the little hardcore 12 year old sonic fanboys get it on the first day it comes out, beat it, and buy 2 more horrible copies because they "love sonic".

PSU is the first good game they've done since Sonic Adventure 2, but sadly it's about as good to PSO as Sonic Heroes was to SA2:B. It just lacks content.

AoI seems to be heading in the right direction to fix it though, i hope they can pull through.

By the way, just so everyone knows, the "Sonic Team" who created all the genesis sonic games and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are gone. The team has long since dispursed, which is why after SA2 basically everything went downhill. First presentation and content went down with Heroes, then everything else with the other horrible sonic games until Sonic the Hedgehog 360/ps3, which is basically as bad as any game can get without being deemed an unplayable beta test.

I mean, COME ON, did anyone play SA2? Did you hear the voice acting in that game? For a game of its type it was exceptional. What kind of freaking retard fires everyone and then hires the retardedly overacting and cheezy 4kids voice actors?

THEIR HORRIBLE.

But yeah, PSU is a good game by Today's Sonic Team standards. VO's arnt bad (although the implementation into the Japanese VO slots are wonky), and they diddnt screw over too much at all (aside from the fucking matrix Focus mode phenomonon that goes on during gameplay). But for the life of me i dont know what happened to the themesong and the old PSO composer. (whoever did the Episode 4 tracks was a musical GENIUS.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-15 23:37 ]</font>

Tekknight
Jul 16, 2007, 03:56 AM

I logged on SOLELY to quote that! That is one of the most hilarious/insightful gamer comments I've ever heard!

Jakosifer
Jul 16, 2007, 04:02 AM
On 2007-07-15 23:30, Serephim wrote:

More like they wave around their pistol screaming and ADVERTISING suicide threats, and everytime they pull the trigger they shoot themselves in the foot and everyone pays them for it.

Sonic team is dead. Its living off its horrible fanbase of people who actully believe a hedgehog with an AK-47 running around capping shit and screaming "DAMN!" is cool.

I mean, shadow was an absolutely awesome character until they tried to make ALL of their characters something their not. You cant make a serious HEDGEHOG game. They can't have love stories, they can't frenchkiss and have sexual relationships with humans (Sonic 360 pls anyone), and NO they can't decide that after a perfectly good storyline ending where their awesome antihero (with the coolest videogame running animation EVER might i add) dies, the next day they OMGdelete his awesome running animation and say "here your alive in this game, run around and look for a purpose with an oversized morbid tin can and a bat with big titties", then the next day they fire everyone and give him (AND EVERYONE ELSE MIGHT I ADD) a fucking horrible voice actor, screw over his awesome looking running animation, and say "here your a black gangster with a pistol, go cap sum motherfuckers " and then have all their characters decide they can just up and curse every "goddammed" second of the game like your playing GTA or something.

Sonic Team has screwed over their main franchise so bad they need to just kill it or start over. The problem is, no matter how bad they fuck it up the little hardcore 12 year old sonic fanboys get it on the first day it comes out, beat it, and buy 2 more horrible copies because they "love sonic".

PSU is the first good game they've done since Sonic Adventure 2, but sadly it's about as good to PSO as Sonic Heroes was to SA2:B. It just lacks content.

AoI seems to be heading in the right direction to fix it though, i hope they can pull through.

By the way, just so everyone knows, the "Sonic Team" who created all the genesis sonic games and Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are gone. The team has long since dispursed, which is why after SA2 basically everything went downhill. First presentation and content went down with Heroes, then everything else with the other horrible sonic games until Sonic the Hedgehog 360/ps3, which is basically as bad as any game can get without being deemed an unplayable beta test.

I mean, COME ON, did anyone play SA2? Did you hear the voice acting in that game? For a game of its type it was exceptional. What kind of freaking retard fires everyone and then hires the retardedly overacting and cheezy 4kids voice actors?

THEIR HORRIBLE.

But yeah, PSU is a good game by Today's Sonic Team standards. VO's arnt bad (although the implementation into the Japanese VO slots are wonky), and they diddnt screw over too much at all (aside from the fucking matrix Focus mode phenomonon that goes on during gameplay). But for the life of me i dont know what happened to the themesong and the old PSO composer. (whoever did the Episode 4 tracks was a musical GENIUS.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-15 23:37 ]</font>

This...Has to be my favorite post Ive seen in a while...XDDDDD

fumatanera
Jul 16, 2007, 12:28 PM
people actually played sonic games that weren't on the genesis?? O-o

FUFME
Jul 16, 2007, 12:33 PM
We have gotten pretty much same thing as Japan so far, so why woulnt we get this special mission??

We better get this thing, Im still hunting this stupid Halarod

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-07-16 10:34 ]</font>

Golto
Jul 16, 2007, 01:16 PM
I wouldn't expect any confirmation we are getting this until early Sept.

Natasha_M
Jul 22, 2007, 12:43 AM
Famitsu (C) in general does not favor xbox360 is a known fact in japan. How they see catering for the foreigners is a wild guess, well who knows its really up to sega in the end. The only reason they might care is for the JP players on the xbox360 server, however JP population on X360 is a grain of salt compared to the JP on PC/PS2 in japan.

This is why i also raise my little doubt on famitsu event coming over. but im hoping it does just like firebreak did. Though server updates on JP and foreigners do have little change.. i believe they got orpad / guard instead of orpad legs on Desert Terror S2 release. Not to mention the release of some tech PAs are different on the x360 and PS2/PC servers.

Isabella
Jul 22, 2007, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty sure Orpad legs drops from dt s2 there too >>

TheLOLBandit
Jul 22, 2007, 01:04 AM
On 2007-07-21 22:43, Natasha_M wrote:
Famitsu (C) in general does not favor xbox360 is a known fact in japan. How they see catering for the foreigners is a wild guess, well who knows its really up to sega in the end. The only reason they might care is for the JP players on the xbox360 server, however JP population on X360 is a grain of salt compared to the JP on PC/PS2 in japan.

This is why i also raise my little doubt on famitsu event coming over. but im hoping it does just like firebreak did. Though server updates on JP and foreigners do have little change.. i believe they got orpad / guard instead of orpad legs on Desert Terror S2 release. Not to mention the release of some tech PAs are different on the x360 and PS2/PC servers.

then again it probably wont be the famitstu cup at all for us in the states or on the american servers, it would most likely be along the lines of gameinformer or 1up magazine here in the states just cuz famistu dont like the 360 doesnt mean that an american magazine company doesnt like it aswell

like you said it is really up to sonic team to decide if we get a cup SIMILAR to the famistu but not the actuall famistu magazine cup itself

DonRoyale
Jul 22, 2007, 01:32 AM

THEIR HORRIBLE.

I nearly died laughing reading this.

The more information we get, and the more Shiryuu posts pics of him waving his S-ranks around, the more we're going to want it here.

I don't think ST is THAT stupid, Firebreak was OK, but this is what we REALLY want. Our S-ranks. >.>

Isabella
Jul 22, 2007, 01:34 AM
Firebreak was a stark raving disaster...friends turend into enemies D:
People go crazy xD

pikachief
Jul 22, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-07-21 23:34, Isabella wrote:
People go crazy xD

wow and if u think we barely made it in firebreak, the japanese, even with all these S ranks didnt make it to their last reward http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and u knwo since its 2 servers for some reason they'll make us have to get twice as much! and we'll be even less helpless T_T

Isabella
Jul 22, 2007, 01:41 AM
but still
S ranks > friends >.>

Sasamichan
Jul 22, 2007, 04:20 AM
On 2007-07-21 23:36, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-07-21 23:34, Isabella wrote:
People go crazy xD

wow and if u think we barely made it in firebreak, the japanese, even with all these S ranks didnt make it to their last reward http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and u knwo since its 2 servers for some reason they'll make us have to get twice as much! and we'll be even less helpless T_T

What do you mean "they didn't make it to their last reward"? As far as I know, they got all 50% off clothing, 7 Holy Light days, and the Frying Pan.

Sinue_v2
Jul 22, 2007, 04:37 AM
The problem is, no matter how bad they fuck it up the little hardcore 12 year old sonic fanboys get it on the first day it comes out, beat it, and buy 2 more horrible copies because they "love sonic".

I blame the Furry community for that one, actually.

As for PSU - they dropped the ball bigtime. Weither or not they fix things in AoI won't make that much of a difference at this point. People aren't going to give it a chance when it comes to market, expecially if Sonic Team keeps up this retarded "Unlocked Content" scheme they have going.

Worst, idea, ever.

Some content, perhaps. Certainly stuff they plan to use for special events, for a few trinkets here or there. Perhaps a new level or two. But really, when they launch the game and a whole fucking planet is locked out for two weeks (or was it a month?) - that should be considered consumer fraud at the very least, and douchbaggery of the highest order. It was six months in to the release before we started seeing content on-par with what we could experience within 80 hours of offline mode. Some of the cooler stuff from offline mode hasn't been seen yet online either - such as vehicles. (Which were screwed up too.. but that's another subject)

And yes, we know that the Sonic Team of the 80's and 90's is long since dispersed. A shame, because while Yuji Naka's staff can't make a compelling RPG - but they have the gameplay side down. Reiko and Tohru have proven themselves to be some of Sega's best RPG talent (such as Skies of Arcadia)- and they're completely unutilized in that endevour currently. Yuji, Rieko, and Tohru all used to be part of Sonic Team - and worked on the original PS series. I think the PS series would do a lot of good by seeing them reuinite.

AxelgearVII
Jul 22, 2007, 08:18 AM
When you're dealing with Sonic Team, never get your hopes up. As much as it would make sense for you guys to get a version of the Famitsu Cup, they could pull a repeat of what they did in the past and make it Japanese exclusive with no explainations. It's things like that that they pulled in the past that made me decide to come to the JP servers in the first place. ST has been pretty consistant giving you guys everything that we have so far, but in the beginning of Blue Burst, that was also the case for about 7 or 8 months. So again like I said, don't get your hopes up too high. They just may pull the rug out from under you.

Feelmirath
Jul 22, 2007, 08:24 AM
On 2007-07-07 23:54, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
Nah, only AOL and Yahoo! did BB.

YOU'VE KILLED 200 ENEMIES! YOU'RE SO FAST, YOU MUST BE USING AOL! YOUR ENEMIES HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED VIA AIM!

Ironically, it was AOL preventing me from playing the beta of PSOBB in the first place XP

EspioKaos
Jul 22, 2007, 09:07 AM
But for the life of me i dont know what happened to the themesong and the old PSO composer. (whoever did the Episode 4 tracks was a musical GENIUS.)

Hideaki Kobayashi and Fumie Kumatani? They were the composers for PSO, and guess what, they're still the lead composers for PSU. Then there's Kenichi Tokoi who debuted in ep.III. He came back for Blue Burst to compose one of my favorites songs for the game ("The shell's desert -last boss-") and also worked on a number of songs from PSU. So, your core group of composers from PSO is still around and doing great.

Parn
Jul 22, 2007, 09:32 AM
The funny thing is, anyone that truly listens to music recognizes distinct styles between composers, and it's easy to recognize them in PSU. Their styles haven't changed, only the atmosphere they're trying to push. PSO's emphasized mystery and suspense, and the music reflected that. PSU's based around adventure, and so the music is inherently more uplifting. Yet even then, there are a lot of similarities. The fact that Clyez City -Guardian's Colony- is very similar to Crossing 3084 (Hunter's Guild from PSO) and Growl From the Wild Sky in PSU being very similar to Growl From the Depths of the Earth and Growl From the Digital Haze from PSO is no coincidence.

I just never quite understood the hatred of PSU's soundtrack while usually championing PSO's, but they're free to disagree of course. I do find it interesting how the three main composers were basically assigned most of the music for their respective planet (Kobayashi did Parum, Kumatani did Neudaiz, and Tokoi did Moatoob, for the most part).

EspioKaos
Jul 22, 2007, 09:38 AM
On 2007-07-22 07:32, Parn wrote:
The funny thing is, anyone that truly listens to music recognizes distinct styles between composers, and it's easy to recognize them in PSU. Their styles haven't changed, only the atmosphere they're trying to push. PSO's emphasized mystery and suspense, and the music reflected that. PSU's based around adventure, and so the music is inherently more uplifting. Yet even then, there are a lot of similarities. The fact that Clyez City -Guardian's Colony- is very similar to Crossing 3084 (Hunter's Guild from PSO) and Growl From the Wild Sky in PSU being very similar to Growl From the Depths of the Earth and Growl From the Digital Haze from PSO is no coincidence.

I just never quite understood the hatred of PSU's soundtrack while usually championing PSO's, but they're free to disagree of course. I do find it interesting how the three main composers were basically assigned most of the music for their respective planet (Kobayashi did Parum, Kumatani did Neudaiz, and Tokoi did Moatoob, for the most part).

I just want to hug you, Parn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif It makes me ridiculously happy to see someone who actually understands!

Parn
Jul 22, 2007, 09:44 AM
It probably helps that I own way too many game music soundtracks for my own good!

Sekani
Jul 22, 2007, 04:14 PM
Guess it's no surprise then why I like Neudaiz's music so much. Kumatani composed my favorite songs off of the Sonic Adventure games as well.