PDA

View Full Version : just something I heard in Aoti and hoping its not true

KamikazeYoru
Jul 8, 2007, 04:12 PM
In game I heard that all 10* boards will be buyable online. I am hoping this is not true because all the work ive done and others done to get there rares will be thrown away. Again this is something I heard and dont believe. I havent seen anything in the Aoi forums saying this is true.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 8, 2007, 04:13 PM
Not true.

But hey, if it is, stop crying. You can work on new rares. This junk will be old when AoI comes out anyway.

Niloklives
Jul 8, 2007, 04:15 PM
it wouldn't suprise me if there were a few purchasable S ranks. offline you can buy guda skelas and whatnot...guess only time will tell

Midicronica
Jul 8, 2007, 04:18 PM
If it does happen it would be pretty awesome. If it doesn't, then w/e. People will bitch either way.

Golto
Jul 8, 2007, 04:19 PM
We don't know for sure either way. There are all those kubara versions of non-kubara melee and force weapons that don't drop anywhere. Like the kubara board npc guy after Dulk Fakis there might be one for these 10*-12* way done the road.

Heck there are people here that will agrue that made 9* will never be sold in npcs eventhough they were in the beta.

You also have to take in account that there will be up to at least 15* rares in AOI so our current 10* will not be the cream of the crop.

KidoKresh
Jul 8, 2007, 04:19 PM
Wouldnt matter to me since i dont have the board. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif But at least you know that you didnt have to spend meseta to get it if it is buyable.

KamikazeYoru
Jul 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
I didnt think it was true and if it was we would all make the best of it.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
Good, finally Ill get a damn deva-zashi.

xXAlucard
Jul 8, 2007, 04:28 PM
A lot of those kubara versions of S ranks are already obtainable if you put kubara wood in the s rank board. Like for the Meteor Cannon, you can put in Kubara wood and get a meteor Cannoc, some people on the 360 actually have one.

Niloklives
Jul 8, 2007, 04:37 PM
that's only for the guns. the melee don't let you do that

KamiSori
Jul 8, 2007, 04:48 PM
*waits for random know-it-all to show up and start ranting and raving how S ranks, A rank units, Quick units, and 9* weapons will NEVER be purchasable despite not having any proof of the such*

Niloklives
Jul 8, 2007, 04:54 PM
hey I'm a "know-it-most" does that count?

McLaughlin
Jul 8, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-07-08 14:48, KamiSori wrote:
*waits for random know-it-all to show up and start ranting and raving how S ranks, A rank units, Quick units, and 9* weapons will NEVER be purchasable despite not having any proof of the such*

I assume you wouldn't make a statement like that without proof of your own, otherwise you'd be totally hypocritical.

And by proof, I mean proof. Not logical predictions. Because logic would dictate that rare things wouldn't be sold in an unlimited supply.

Either way, I'll get my Twin Headed Ragnus (and Ragnuc) eventually.

Soukosa
Jul 8, 2007, 05:04 PM
On 2007-07-08 14:19, Golto wrote:
We don't know for sure either way. There are all those kubara versions of non-kubara melee and force weapons that don't drop anywhere. Like the kubara board npc guy after Dulk Fakis there might be one for these 10*-12* way done the road.

Except you can buy the boards that make the 6* and 8* ranged weapons, so it only seems logical for it to happen with melee and tech weapons as well. Plus the whole shop in a distant lobby argument is moot since AoI will allow you to hop to any lobby you've been to on that char.

Heck there are people here that will agrue that made 9* will never be sold in npcs eventhough they were in the beta.

What happens in the beta may not reflect what actually happens, but there really is little reason for them to not sell premade versions of the 9* equips they sell the synth boards for.

You also have to take in account that there will be up to at least 15* rares in AOI so our current 10* will not be the cream of the crop.

The way I see it is that the 10*~12* equips are like the 10* and weaker 11* ones on PSO and the 13*~15* equips will be like the stronger 11* and 12* ones. I wouldn't be suprised if they put the 13*~15* gears in their own grade and adjusted the max grades for the classes. Just don't expect a grade after that. The ores for those three rarities were named after the first three gods of Greek/Roman mytholodgy after all, plus the glowing stars. Remember, alot of what's in AoI was planned to be included in the current version but probably wasn't due to time constrants, so don't bring up that they need to add another grade with each expansion...

Niered
Jul 8, 2007, 05:07 PM
I highly doubt that 10*'s will be available in stores. The way Ive always seen it is that 1-9* are basically varying degrees of mass producedd weaponry. Its like going to a gun store, there are alot of decent weapons there, but if given the choice youd take a prototype machine gun that the military is developing. 10* weapons, even if they are the bottom rung of rares are still going to be rare, at least until they start dropping in missions like jitseens do in LL S.

Retehi
Jul 8, 2007, 05:09 PM
Well sad, sad day for you if we get the Famitsu event, seeing as you can get 10*'s by the buckets, from what I see.

BloodDragoon
Jul 8, 2007, 05:09 PM
10* boards or weapons in shops on AoI, well what is the highest * item anyone can recall from PSO? I see higher rarety drops in the expansion IMO

Ryoki
Jul 8, 2007, 05:58 PM
Well, it isn't the star rating that matters...
Deva zashi, along with things like gudda skela, crimson, ect, are all offical company products. The weapons are sold offline, so why wouldn't they be online?
I think it should be guarenteed that they will in due time.
But things like Crea Doubles, Carriguine Rucar, Halp Serafi, are all 10*, and are all Kubara, but not a edited version of an offical product. these items will probably never be sold.

As for kubara things like Gudda Skelac, these will probably be sold in the spread shop (fakis kubara shop) as well. Since these are edited versions of normal products.
So it isn't the star rating, it is the type.
Unique items like Vahra claws, Harisen fans, fluorescent bulbs, Del type weapons, Deghana cannon, tengohg bow, all of these, are of different star ratings, but none are sold.

Reipard
Jul 8, 2007, 06:06 PM
This is not confirmed, but there is a chance we'll be getting S2 and up weapon ranks in AOI. Should such a thing occur, it would not be too improbable and unreasonable to allow current 10* rares to be buyable.

darkfalz16
Jul 8, 2007, 07:01 PM
it may actually happen remember Aoi goes up tp 15* so who knows 10* weapons might actually be in shops so 10* weapons will be nothing compared to others

KamikazeYoru
Jul 8, 2007, 07:09 PM
Well if it does happen let it happen a long way down the road when 15* are out. It would be sad to just buy all the weapons ppl worked hard for right when Aoi comes. . . imo.
But im glad to know they wont be buyable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KamikazeYoru on 2007-07-08 17:10 ]</font>

Rizen
Jul 8, 2007, 07:15 PM
One problem about PSU is the fact that people see stars instead of potential. Whenever something new comes out, people are so quick to throw out their current "prized" weapons to get something with more rarity, but not necessarily better. One reason I dont even bother with trying to get S ranks is because I know I can use something just as good for less effort.

Then again, PSO and PSU has always been filled with elitist who only care about stats and items. *shrugs*

Ryoki
Jul 8, 2007, 07:16 PM
Guys, they aren't just ten star rares. They are products normally made my GRM, Yohmei, and Tenora Works.
Certain rares are 10*, but are not the same.

ThEoRy
Jul 8, 2007, 07:20 PM
since when does offline = online?.......

NEVER!

that is all.

February
Jul 9, 2007, 12:10 AM
On 2007-07-08 17:15, Rizen wrote:
Then again, PSO and PSU has always been filled with elitist who only care about stats and items. *shrugs*

God I've missed you Rizen.

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 12:14 AM
Hmm, that is true, I hadnt even remembered that many 10*s are still manufacted goods. In that case, it would make sense to at least maybe see those in stores, however, I think you would need to fulfill certain requirements first. Like, instead of them being traded through meseta, you have to trade in enough of that planets' manufacturers' resources? I.E. bring in 50 Mot Walna for a Shigga Desta board? Make it hard, but not impossible or luck based.

Niloklives
Jul 9, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-07-08 22:10, February wrote:

On 2007-07-08 17:15, Rizen wrote:

God I've missed you Rizen.

Says the girl with HOW many crea doubles?

Sexy_Raine
Jul 9, 2007, 12:46 AM
If it does, it won't happen anytime soon. It's too bad they currently come disproportionally to the actual materials that goes with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-08 22:47 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jul 9, 2007, 12:49 AM
On 2007-07-08 22:46, Sexy_Raine wrote:
If it does, it won't happen anytime soon. It's too bad they currently come disproportionally to the actual materials that goes with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-08 22:47 ]</font>

especially the armor. Have you seen Lefba? 20 meta polymers. I don't think 20 metapolymers even exist right now.

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 12:53 AM
On 2007-07-08 22:49, Ryoki wrote:

On 2007-07-08 22:46, Sexy_Raine wrote:

especially the armor. Have you seen Lefba? 20 meta polymers. I don't think 20 metapolymers even exist right now.

*Stares dumbfounded*

I didnt even KNOW of metapolymers until this post. And with armors ABYSMAL synth rates, what, pray tell, is our pathetic chance of actually SUCCEEDING in such a thing?

Niloklives
Jul 9, 2007, 12:58 AM
roughly 50% on a pure...

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 9, 2007, 01:04 AM
I would like to see them 10* weapons actually obtainable somewhere down the road. As they are, it's just "Oh lookit me I'm lucky enough to get this" and "I've done so much spamming to get that", it diminishes the meaning of actually getting a badass weapon: to be badass. Not all this luck bullshit.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 9, 2007, 01:08 AM
Don't worry to harshly ;o

We'll be close to those 15* weapons and such in the near future of AoI...

All of these current rares will be like the "Varista of PSO GCN" or the Gae Balg.

Hatemachine
Jul 9, 2007, 01:09 AM
Ok my 2 cents says that 9*s will be buyable 10* I dont think so.

It gives sonic team another reason for people to continue playing to hunt for the board itself AND the materials for it.

Otherwise the only play time would then become necissary in the long run after the level 200 cap besides running with friends would be for materials alone and anyone thats hunted for S rank boards knows it takes ALOT of runs to see one let alone GET one. If it keeps people playing and hunting then ST wins out.

Just makes sense to me from a logistic based Point of view

Hell maybe they'll allow for the 10*s if were lucky sortta the sample of what the higher up S ranks are like just to get ya hooked ya know

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 01:11 AM
On 2007-07-08 23:08, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Don't worry to harshly ;o

We'll be close to those 15* weapons and such in the near future of AoI...

All of these current rares will be like the "Varista of PSO GCN" or the Gae Balg.

Or my gahdamm Diska of Braveman. Slicers were the suck, and that one looked like something that got pulled out of a delsabers ass. And of course it just HAD to have the melee symbol next to it, making me go "OHEMGEE OHEMGEE ITS MAH NEIS CLAW" every time. Every gahdamm time.

Shou
Jul 9, 2007, 01:16 AM
I think they should have purchasable s-ranks but they are only the kubara versions :nods: