PDA

View Full Version : Which PA's are better?

Psycho_Sonic
Jul 8, 2007, 05:19 PM
I'm finally leveling up my Hunter PA's for when i become a fighgunner. Can ya guys please tell me which ones are better?

Sword: Spinning or Tornado break?
Fists: Bogga Danga or Zubba?
Spear: Dus Daggas or Robado?
Double saber: Spiral or Gravity Dance?
Twin Saber: Assault or Rising Crush?
Twin Claw: Bukuu Rensen-ga or Renzan Seidan-ga?

Thanks for helpin me out. I already have most of the low-costing discs, but before I lvl them up I wanna know if the expensive ones are better, so i don't waste time on PA's i won't use in the future.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 8, 2007, 05:20 PM
Tornado
Zubba
Robado
Gravity
Rising

Cz
Jul 8, 2007, 05:20 PM
dus daggas does a lot of damage for spear.

Mwabwetumba
Jul 8, 2007, 05:21 PM
Well I can't really answer for which PA is better, since most of them are usually situational, but just between Rising Crush and Assault Crush... Rising Crush was atleast 100 times more enjoyable to level up. Seriously, Assault Crush must be the PA with the two dullest first parts. It was terrible.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 8, 2007, 05:24 PM
On 2007-07-08 15:19, Psycho_Sonic wrote:
I'm finally leveling up my Hunter PA's for when i become a fighgunner. Can ya guys please tell me which ones are better?

Thanks for helpin me out. I already have most of the low-costing discs, but before I lvl them up I wanna know if the expensive ones are better, so i don't waste time on PA's i won't use in the future.

If only it were that simple, but as a fighgunner personally, I find myself geared towards AoE.
That being said, I have both spear, double saber, and twin saber PAs.
As a fighgunner, I figure I should have EVERY PA for my S weapons, plus spears are some of the strongest weapons. I think twin claws just suck in general. Swords I rarely use, but when I do I use jogiri to spread poison, so I have tornado.

Therefore as a Figh I suggest
tornado
probably neither(unless you really like them, danga)
both
both
both
neither

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-07-08 15:26 ]</font>

Niloklives
Jul 8, 2007, 05:26 PM
the only two PAs you might want for your DS are spiral and tornado. gravity is a mockup of robado and renkai, which most will tell you are much better than grav. spiral is also cheaper per use and has better damage output, but by me saying this there are now going to be 4 pages of arguing from lunatics out to prove me wrong. so I'll let them rant all they want. I know what I'm talking about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-08 15:27 ]</font>

Mwabwetumba
Jul 8, 2007, 05:28 PM
I really, really like the way Gravity Dance looks though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Edit: Which really has nothing to do with which PA being better though, just saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mwabwetumba on 2007-07-08 15:31 ]</font>

Nobo
Jul 8, 2007, 05:29 PM

1. Tornado
2. Danga
3. Daggos
4. Gravity
5. Assault
6. Ranzan Seidan-ga

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nobo on 2007-07-08 15:37 ]</font>

Mayu
Jul 8, 2007, 05:34 PM

Sword: Spinning or Tornado break? - Both are ok but I would go with Tornado
Fists: Bogga Danga or Zubba? - Danga
Spear: Dus Daggas or Robado? - Daggas
Gravity
Twin Saber: Assault or Rising Crush? - Assault is one vs one type, Rising is Mob control type
Twin Claw: Bukuu Rensen-ga, Renzan Seidan-ga? - ALL Twin claw pa's are good

here you go

Midicronica
Jul 8, 2007, 05:35 PM
Eh, they all have their uses really.. Uh.. hrm.. =

Dus Daggas, for instance is good for dealing massive damage when applied to enemies weak points. While Dus Robado is one of your best AoE PAs.

Spiral Dance, is good for knocking enemies down and away from you which can be a little troublesome when you knock all the enemies away from you with the kick in the 2nd part. Gravity Dance is another good AoE PA to attack all the enemies around you. (My personal favorite, because it doesn't knock away on the 3rd part.)

Assault Crush, fast and heavy damage dealer and it knocks enemies up on the 3rd part. Some argue that it's the best Twin Saber PA. Rising Crush, good for keeping your enemies off their feet for the entirety of the PA (unless you miss XD) it also knocks away on the last part.

I can't speak for Swords (don't use 'em) or Fists.

Twins Claws? Go with Rensan Seidan-ga. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Psycho_Sonic
Jul 8, 2007, 05:36 PM
What's AoE?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Psycho_Sonic on 2007-07-08 15:39 ]</font>

Midicronica
Jul 8, 2007, 05:38 PM
From what I've heard most people don't like Bogga Zubba because it's super easy to cancel due to it's "charge up" at the beginning. Personally, I liked using it.

-Ryuki-
Jul 8, 2007, 05:39 PM

Sword: Spinning Break
Fists: Bogga Zubba
Spear: Dus Daggas
Double saber: Spiral Dance
Twin Saber: Rising Crush
Twin Claw: Renzan Seidan-ga

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 8, 2007, 05:41 PM
you know my honest suggestion?

Get them all, try them all, and pick which ones you want to keep. If you couldn't tell from every post, everyone has their opinions. Yours are probably different.

And AoE = Area of Effect
Fighgunners, with exclusive use of doublesabers that hit 4 targets, have always been AoE people in my eyes, and that's how I play.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-07-08 15:42 ]</font>

Sekani
Jul 8, 2007, 05:42 PM
On 2007-07-08 15:26, NIloklives wrote:
the only two PAs you might want for your DS are spiral and tornado. gravity is a mockup of robado and renkai, which most will tell you are much better than grav. spiral is also cheaper per use and has better damage output, but by me saying this there are now going to be 4 pages of arguing from lunatics out to prove me wrong. so I'll let them rant all they want. I know what I'm talking about.

I won't argue with you or try to prove anything, I'll just say flat out that you're wrong and leave it at that.

Back to the original question, since I have little experience with swords or twin claws I'm gonna recommend Bogga Zubba, both spear PAs, Gravity Dance, and Rising Crush.

Psycho_Sonic
Jul 8, 2007, 05:47 PM
Cool, thanks guys. But... anyone gonna tell me what AoE means?

Mwabwetumba
Jul 8, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-07-08 15:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

And AoE = Area of Effect

ljkkjlcm9
On 2007-07-08 15:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
And AoE = Area of Effect
Fighgunners, with exclusive use of doublesabers that hit 4 targets, have always been AoE people in my eyes, and that's how I play.

THE JACKEL

I did... lol

THE JACKEL

Almighty_Envy

Tornado for groups, Spinning for single targets.
Danga
Robado
Spiral
I like Assault Crush the most, VERY high damage output. Owns Gol Dovas, if you dont get the life beaten out of you...
Renzan Seidan-ga

Psycho_Sonic
Jul 8, 2007, 06:09 PM
All right, cool, thanks. Now to decide between Robado and Daggas. It's a pain, since the Spear takes friggin forever to lvl up.

PJ
Jul 8, 2007, 06:18 PM
Spinning Break is really terrible, whereas Tornado Break is probably the best AoE PA around.

Danga's more fun, but Zubba doesn't knock them away, so whichever

Robado is TERRIBLE.

Gravity

Rising Crush. It's useful the WHOLE way through, unlike Assault

Niloklives
Jul 8, 2007, 06:26 PM
robado is great damage but the cost is high. the big advantage of it is that it pushed the enemy away from you so you're extremely safe while using it. but because if its cost you can't use it very often without a lot of charges. if you get tornado break, I recomend Daggas for the spear. that way you have a high damage output attack and an AoE. Besides once I got daggas up to 21, there were a lot of PAs I flat out found I had little need for. I have about 20 skills learned and while daggas was the 16th I picked up it was the 4th to get to 30...

and if you really think gravity is better...are you on PS2? I'll show you a few PAs and what they're used for so you can actually know for certain. I never use gravity and if you have tornado break you'll have even less use for gravity than I do.

and if you really do get gravity over spiral, get rising crush as you need something that staggers a lot. assault is a higher damage output maybe, but that's what daggas is for. and daggas hits mor targets than assault with a higher hit count and better damage per hit....you really don't need assault.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-08 16:30 ]</font>

Psycho_Sonic
Jul 8, 2007, 06:26 PM
a'ight. Just experimented with Robado. Umm... yeah... probably won't be using this until everything else is a LOT more lvled up.

So...
Tornado
Both Danga and Zubba
Almost definitely Daggas, Robado's what I have the Sword for.
I'll decide on Double Saber when i get to Fighgunner and can actually use it, but it sounds like Gravity's better.
Both Rising and Assault, but Assault sounds way more useful.

Thanks guys.

Hrith
Jul 8, 2007, 06:34 PM
But Assault Crush is much more powerful ;s

Twin Claw: Bukuu Rensen-ga or Renzan Seidan-ga?Tornado Break
Bogga Zubba
Dus Daggas
Gravity Dance
Both (really)
Bukuu Rensen-ga.

But I don't understand why you'd use so many Fortefighter weapons on a Fighgunner.

You should get twin daggers with either Moubu Seiren-zan or Hishou Jinren-zan, or both.

Single dagger and single saber, with either
Rising Strike + Buten Shuren-zan
or
Gravity Strike + Shunbu Shouren-zan

And if you want to read some research on double saber PAs:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=144689&forum=22&start=0&50#43

Almighty_Envy
Jul 8, 2007, 07:12 PM
I meant Daggas, I rarely use spears so i forgot what is what >_>

Psycho_Sonic
Jul 9, 2007, 06:30 AM
Don't worry, these aren't the only weapons i'm gonna use, these are just the only ones i'm wondering about. I already got single dagger, twin dagger, and single saber underway. And i'm planning on using either/or a crossbow or twin handgun.

Niloklives: FINALLY, someone who logics out why to have different PA's! Thank you for telling me, that sounds pretty good, and i didn't level Assault too much yet. Yes, i'm on PS2, and yes, a demo would be very nice. I'm free (in general) from 11 or 10 AM pacific to 3 or 4 pm, and after midnight (this is pacific). When you good? (or PM me if you so wish). I'm on late now but that's because i don't feel too well and in so lose care for sleep.

Jakosifer
Jul 9, 2007, 07:02 AM
Sword: Spinning or Tornado break? Tornado Break
Fists: Bogga Danga or Zubba? Both
Spear: Dus Daggas or Robado? Both
Double saber: Spiral or Gravity Dance? Gravity Dance
Twin Saber: Assault or Rising Crush? Assault Crush IS better than Rising Crush if you're patient enough to level it, but get both anyway.
Twin Claw: Bukuu Rensen-ga or Renzan Seidan-ga? Renzan by far...

Hrith
Jul 9, 2007, 08:06 AM
Bogga Danga is totally useless, and Bukuu Rensen-ga is a very useful and efficient PA. People giving awful advice without thinking ftl =/