PDA

View Full Version : In AoI will Weapons drop?

Almighty_Envy
Jul 8, 2007, 05:57 PM
Will rare weapons drop and not the boards?

Im curious http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mwabwetumba
Jul 8, 2007, 05:59 PM
Mwab approves of the notion of bypassing the synthing stage in his quest to obtain fame and glory an S-rank or two.

But really, it would be great even if they were confined to being just neutral.

Cz
Jul 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
if they drop the range weapons, then I dont care about the elements. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Reipard
Jul 8, 2007, 06:00 PM
Completed weapons drop rarely now on S and S2. Problem is, they're all buyable so they aren't really 'rare' anymore.

I'd hope they do. It'd be refreshing to get full weapons on occasion instead of just synth boards/mats.

Midicronica
Jul 8, 2007, 06:01 PM
I don't know about actual weapons. I do know that when weapons (not boards) do drop the element they will have will be random. I'm not sure about the perecents.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 8, 2007, 06:02 PM
Im tired of picking up/seeing S rank boards drop and then having to synth the items.

But the boards are so rare already and then you have to synth them u_u.

Rashiid
Jul 8, 2007, 06:15 PM
raw Hala? WHERZ!1 GIB!!!111

Cz
Jul 8, 2007, 06:15 PM
On 2007-07-08 16:02, Almighty_Envy wrote:
Im tired of picking up/seeing S rank boards drop and then having to synth the items.

But the boards are so rare already and then you have to synth them u_u.

i know. If the weapon fail, i bet you will be heart broken as well. That is mess up! Even worst, the PM might give you a monomate for your hard work. >_> The synth system is making many people cry over their broken equipment. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I dislike the system as well. Imaging breaking S rank weapons...oh...that hurts.

Cz
Jul 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
lol...you wish Rashiid. Maybe a level 120+ jarbas might drop it.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bunny.gif

Rashiid
Jul 8, 2007, 06:39 PM
lol damnit damnit damnit!!

Raven5_1
Jul 8, 2007, 08:03 PM
i cant stand synthing the idea that all your hard work and perseverance is negated as it comes down to pure luck in the end irks me greatly.

without saving millions i will probably never have an srank wep or even some of the rarer a ranks that are out there. its the main reason i find myself missing pso your dilligence rewarded you with a rear wep sure there was a chance that it didnt drop but more than likely it would drop and then the item was yours

Tigerram
Jul 8, 2007, 08:39 PM
^Yeah, I hear ya dude.

Maybe with a sheer amount of luck and praying, I'm hoping as everyone else, the sythesizing will be fixed in the expansion as well. If ST wants us to find mostly boards as it is anyway, then this broken system needs to get some bugs out. Even though I'd rather hunt for the actual weapons myself.

AlphaDragoon
Jul 9, 2007, 12:17 AM
I'd rather see weapons drop, as well.

ALC
Jul 9, 2007, 12:32 AM
They could make it so that if a PM is maxed out in one stat (a pure PM), then the chances of synthing an item of that class succesfully would either be guaranteed, or an extremely high percent (like 90% or so).

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 12:37 AM
On 2007-07-08 22:32, ALC wrote:
They could make it so that if a PM is maxed out in one stat (a pure PM), then the chances of synthing an item of that class succesfully would either be guaranteed, or an extremely high percent (like 90% or so).

That will be a non-issue in AoI, since theyve already told us that a board will only be "used" if the synthesis suceeds. I.E. If you have a deathmaker board with 3 uses on it, and you fail the first synth, you still have 3 uses. The only thing you lose are the materials, meaning that you are gaurunteed the full number of uses for every board you buy.

Funny enough,we HAD that feature 6 months ago, when we learned to cancel failed synths before they got pulled out. Too bad SoA fixed that one...

Niloklives
Jul 9, 2007, 12:38 AM
pure PMs need to have advantages to them. as of now an 80 and a 100 are almost the same thing. heck in many cases 50 and 100 are within 10-15% of one another...that's almost nothing.

Soukosa
Jul 9, 2007, 01:29 AM
On 2007-07-08 22:37, Niered wrote:
That will be a non-issue in AoI, since theyve already told us that a board will only be "used" if the synthesis suceeds. I.E. If you have a deathmaker board with 3 uses on it, and you fail the first synth, you still have 3 uses. The only thing you lose are the materials, meaning that you are gaurunteed the full number of uses for every board you buy.

Care to link to where this was mentioned? I don't remember this and I want to make sure it's true.

On 2007-07-08 22:38, NIloklives wrote:
pure PMs need to have advantages to them. as of now an 80 and a 100 are almost the same thing. heck in many cases 50 and 100 are within 10-15% of one another...that's almost nothing.

It allows for you to sanely make hybrid ones. The GH42x series would be worthless to most people if they couldn't do such things.

Zorafim
Jul 9, 2007, 02:46 AM
On 2007-07-08 23:29, Sounomi wrote:

Care to link to where this was mentioned? I don't remember this and I want to make sure it's true.

Please?

danny_o
Jul 9, 2007, 09:50 AM
On 2007-07-09 00:46, Zorafim wrote:

Please?

Uhh, yes, I would also like to see where this information is! Sounds good, but....wow, that sounds freakin awesome actually....

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 10:05 AM
On 2007-07-09 07:50, danny_o wrote:

On 2007-07-09 00:46, Zorafim wrote:

Please?

Uhh, yes, I would also like to see where this information is! Sounds good, but....wow, that sounds freakin awesome actually....

Hrm...I thought I had a link...apparently not. After searching through all of the older topics I cant seem to find where this was stated...maybe I was mistaken? I dont think I am though, I could have sworn that I heard it in one of the AoI topics concerning what we are getting...dammit, anyone feel like providing a link if they know what Im talking about? Im 90% sure on this...

EspioKaos
Jul 9, 2007, 10:08 AM
I don't think so. I consider myself fairly well-versed in news and info on Ambition of the Illuminus, and I don't seem to recall hearing this. Some minor adjustments are supposed to be coming for the synthesis system, but I don't think this is one of them.

Shishi-O
Jul 9, 2007, 01:13 PM
On 2007-07-08 18:03, Raven5_1 wrote:
i cant stand synthing the idea that all your hard work and perseverance is negated as it comes down to pure luck in the end irks me greatly.

without saving millions i will probably never have an srank wep or even some of the rarer a ranks that are out there. its the main reason i find myself missing pso your dilligence rewarded you with a rear wep sure there was a chance that it didnt drop but more than likely it would drop and then the item was yours

i've been playing forever and i had to sell all my crap and buy an hpc.

as for gaining a sweet death?

well lets just say i plan on making and selling alot of a-rank weapons.

i am more likely to get one that way than all the 16hrs a day running s2 missions, i have been doing since i got the game...in febuary.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-09 11:15 ]</font>

HandOfThornz
Jul 9, 2007, 02:28 PM
On 2007-07-08 22:38, NIloklives wrote:

It would be nice if with the expansion you could raise pm lvl to lvl200....meaning % of successful synths raising!! havent heard if pm level is raising with the expansion....any news?

Dragwind
Jul 9, 2007, 02:44 PM
I could have sworn i remember reading that weapons will drop, with actual %'s too. Don't take my word for it though.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 9, 2007, 02:54 PM
We can only hope ^

Soukosa
Jul 9, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-07-09 12:44, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
I could have sworn i remember reading that weapons will drop, with actual %'s too. Don't take my word for it though.

Weapons and shield lines that drop pre made right now will drop with a random element (when possible) and percent on it, instead of a fixed one. Stuff that drops in board form right now will likely continue to do so.

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 04:31 PM
On 2007-07-09 13:38, Sounomi wrote:

On 2007-07-09 12:44, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:

Weapons and shield lines that drop pre made right now will drop with a random element (when possible) and percent on it, instead of a fixed one. Stuff that drops in board form right now will likely continue to do so.

No they don't. I have never seen a pre-made shield line drop and all of the pre-made weapons have a fixed element and % on it. I found at least 12 Twin Stingers from low level Golmoros ALL with 23% ice. Kitty Claws are ALL 25% ice...I can't think of any more examples...but any weapon that drops now is either neutral or has a fixed percentage and element attached to it.

Johnny_Future
Jul 9, 2007, 04:44 PM
One time Johnny Future was doing Moatoob runs and saw a line shield drop to some cat named Narzull.

But I think you missed the point like dropping some banana peel on a baby's head. In AotI, the drops will get the switcheroo, Jack.

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 04:47 PM
I believe my quote was "I have never seen a...shield line drop..."

Johnny Future needs his glasses!

Shou
Jul 9, 2007, 04:48 PM
S ranks in PSU are too elusive I think. They should drop like every 5 runs or so

Johnny_Future
Jul 9, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-07-09 14:47, JAFO22000 wrote:
I believe my quote was "I have never seen a...shield line drop..."

Johnny Future needs his glasses!

Don't be asleep at the wheel!

'Cause you'll crash!