PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Newman special move? [Idea Expansion: PA shop!]

TheBuffster
Jul 9, 2007, 11:04 AM
ya know how casts have an SUV, and beast have their nanos... well...
we neumanns are getting the short end of the stick here...
[Humans too, im still thinking on that one]
anywho...

I think sega outta give us a Spell Creation System...

Say: a neuman gets to oh idk, LEVEL 20!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

"yay http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif im level 20!!!"
*gains the ability to Create One signature spell*
We could make:
Damzonde, Nosfoie, Reiteel
or whatever missing style you'd like to see...
OR
the next step up would be combining spells,
such as Rabarta and Diga for the snowball filled with rocks... hahaha
[this spell was NOT my idea.
I saw it in a post on a forum about Damzonde,
I thought it was Suh-Weet!!]
OR
Maybe even something completely new, like:
a ray of light ascends from the sky
that burns em all up with Light based damage,
and, oooh.... idk: Adds whatever choice status effect u want it to...
hmmm maybe... confusion:p [seems apropriate for Light]

->of course that would bruing me to a SE creation aspect...
i just have one i wanna see personally:
Reverse Magistride!!! [adds all debuffs:p]
but thats a whole 'nother deal that i know could never happen:p

~~~>lemme know whatch'all think
who knows maybe we can try to
convince sega that this would be our special
[a.k.a. SUV, Nano, Signature Spell]

thanx for reading.
=)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBuffster on 2007-07-10 20:59 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBuffster on 2007-07-12 23:55 ]</font>

Mayu
Jul 9, 2007, 11:05 AM
Actually that would be nice lol <.<

beatrixkiddo
Jul 9, 2007, 11:06 AM
Neudaiz Light!

PALRAPPYS
Jul 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
I expected the suggestion to be summons! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

But this idea seems interesting, too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Mayu
Jul 9, 2007, 11:07 AM
Ice Megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Para
Jul 9, 2007, 11:09 AM
Light Megid... call it wrath of god o_o

ThEoRy
Jul 9, 2007, 11:11 AM
theres a few threads like this one..
heres the last one I can recall.
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=144041&forum=20

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 11:11 AM
Morrowind has a similar concept. I dont think it'd work in this type of game, but points for coming up with something that isnt "OMG LETZ SUMMEN STUFF".

I think that my original reimagination of ryuker (making it a short distance defensive teleportation spell) would be fitting for newmans. Regardless of class, you could make good use of such an ability.

Mayu
Jul 9, 2007, 11:14 AM
Nosdiga+Megid http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

- A combined technique, Summons Dark like Serpents to attack enemies http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Neith
Jul 9, 2007, 11:17 AM
On 2007-07-09 09:04, TheBuffster wrote:

OR
Maybe even something completely new, like:
a ray of light ascends from the sky
that burns em all up with Light based damage,

Sounds kinda like the Heaven Punisher's special attack from PSO, or Falz/Olga Flow's Divine Punishment attacks.

Also, I remember seeing that a similar attack will be one of the new Cast SUV's in Ambitions of the Illuminus..

It'd be nice for a racial ability (particularly for Newmans). To be honest though, apparently the 'gimped' character classes will be getting slight stat boosts anyway in AoI, so maybe a racial ability wouldn't even be needed. As it stands, it's kinda sad that Newman only works well as a Techer class. They're far from useless as other classes, but you can't deny they're far more suited for Teching. Whereas a Cast can be a very effective Ranger and Hunter, and a Beast can be anything really (though arguably gimped at some jobs).

It's a nice idea, but I don't mind if Newmans don't get a racial ability. I can't see it happening though

Zexmaix
Jul 9, 2007, 11:22 AM
Nope, you're gonna get a Mag Photon Blasts/Summon style special I believe. Have it use an extra slot in an armor and you could summon the PSO Photon Blasts, Pilla, Farlla, Golla, etc etc. There would be no way you're gonna get this type of special you're asking for, lol. Chance of happening 0%. SUVs will match up to the Photon Blasts, and Humans are rumored to get a "Berserker" mode, IE to match up with Beasts Nanoblast.

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 11:25 AM
That'd be great*...unless you were, I don't know, a Neuman FF or FG or FiG or PT.

(* = Note: I do NOT think this is a "great" idea. Thanks!)

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 11:25 AM
Newmans are good at WT (emphasis on tech damage, but plenty of melee), GT - empasis on DoTs, killer shot (which is the same with all GTs), and of course fT.

What's wrong with that? CASTs deal poor damage with techs as a fT, or WT. Worse than Newmans damage as a FiG, or fF. If you want to bitch about something, bitch about humans.

geez.

TheBuffster
Jul 9, 2007, 11:26 AM
On 2007-07-09 09:11, Octagon wrote:
theres a few threads like this one..
heres the last one I can recall.
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=144041&forum=20

this thread is exactly what i mean... thanx =)

BanF
Jul 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
You know how Newman have those odd pointed ears? Have them pull on them; the enemy becomes intrigued with that the heck the Neumann is doing and just keeps starting doing nothing for as long as the Neuman is playing with his ears. Meanwhile, the Neuman's buddies beat the living fish sticks out of the enemy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-07-09 09:22, Zexmaix wrote:
Nope, you're gonna get a Mag Photon Blasts/Summon style special I believe. Have it use an extra slot in an armor and you could summon the PSO Photon Blasts, Pilla, Farlla, Golla, etc etc. There would be no way you're gonna get this type of special you're asking for, lol. Chance of happening 0%. SUVs will match up to the Photon Blasts, and Humans are rumored to get a "Berserker" mode, IE to match up with Beasts Nanoblast.

Ah, rumors by "some kid I did a few Firebreak runs with". These have a good chance of coming true...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

TheBuffster
Jul 9, 2007, 11:31 AM
On 2007-07-09 09:11, Niered wrote:
Morrowind has a similar concept. ... ...points for coming up with something that isnt "OMG LETZ SUMMEN STUFF".

I think that my original reimagination of ryuker (making it a short distance defensive teleportation spell) would be fitting for newmans. Regardless of class, you could make good use of such an ability.

yeah morrowind contributed to this concept for me..
and yr spell idea is absolutely awesome i want it!!

Nuclearranger
Jul 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
This would be really cool accualy as long as it wasnt *overpowered* lol

TheBuffster
Jul 9, 2007, 11:32 AM
On 2007-07-09 09:30, BanF wrote:
You know how Newman have those odd pointed ears? Have them pull on them; the enemy becomes intrigued with that the heck the Neumann is doing and just keeps starting doing nothing for as long as the Neuman is playing with his ears. Meanwhile, the Neuman's buddies beat the living fish sticks out of the enemy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

hahahahaha!!!
I love it!!!
[i'd wanna pull my handlebars tho...aka pigtails:P]

TheBuffster
Jul 9, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-07-09 09:32, NuclearRanger wrote:
This would be really cool accualy as long as it wasnt *overpowered* lol

yeah thats y i said u get only one...
and having to charge a guage first
would be a good idea too.

any other ideas for balancing?
let me know...
you never know what we could convince sega to o if we get alot of ideas flowing...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBuffster on 2007-07-09 09:41 ]</font>

Emrald
Jul 9, 2007, 01:12 PM
creating spells....YESS

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 9, 2007, 04:45 PM
My idea would be Musou attacks, like in Dynasty Warriors games, well, actually, I think it'll be awesome for both Humans and Newmans to have such a thing, and they can have different ones for melee, magic, or gunning [maybe a Gunning musou may be what some people would be looking for to make Gunning more interesting]. So like, Beasts have Nanoblast, CASTs have SUVs, and Humans and Newmans have Musou attacks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 04:52 PM
On 2007-07-09 09:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Newmans are good at WT (emphasis on tech damage, but plenty of melee), GT - empasis on DoTs, killer shot (which is the same with all GTs), and of course fT.

What's wrong with that? CASTs deal poor damage with techs as a fT, or WT. Worse than Newmans damage as a FiG, or fF. If you want to bitch about something, bitch about humans.

geez.

Except Newman WTs do better melee damage than tech damage. The class itself is too gimped by weapon/stat restrictions at the moment.

As for GT, if you're doing that, why aren't you a CAST?

Johnny_Future
Jul 9, 2007, 04:59 PM
Maybe the special ability will be the ability to make female Newmans tall when you create them?

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 9, 2007, 05:04 PM
as if people aren't complaining that newmans are by far and above the best forces already, now you want them to get a racial ability that's purely tech? That just seems absurd to me

THE JACKEL

Almighty_Envy
Jul 9, 2007, 05:07 PM
Or like if your a human your weps can light on fiyah for a short time! O_O

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-07-09 15:04, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
as if people aren't complaining that newmans are by far and above the best forces already, now you want them to get a racial ability that's purely tech? That just seems absurd to me

THE JACKEL

SUVs and Nanoblasts aren't based on TP, but a Newman's should be based on ATP?

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-07-09 14:59, Johnny_Future wrote:
Maybe the special ability will be the ability to make female Newmans tall when you create them?

You = treading on thin ice...

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-07-09 14:52, Sychosis wrote:

geez.

Except Newman WTs do better melee damage than tech damage. The class itself is too gimped by weapon/stat restrictions at the moment.

You're wrong there Sy. Way wrong. given a choice between techs and melee, I'm going melee almost everytime. Diga costs 10 pp, and hits for 1000 on electric enemies. damfoie hits non fire enemies for 300/hit and sets them on fire - and I can hit 4 with ease (i've done 6, but it is rare).

The only time I switch to melee is for tech resistant enemies. and not even those always. Ageeta are getting damfoied these days not becasue I hit very hard with it, but becasue SE3 fire is too good to pass up.

Or golormo's - level 13 megiverse hits up to 6 of them for almost 400 a tick. With melee, I would spend 1/2 my time chasing them. No thanks.

Have you played WT? I'm not trying to be a smartass here.

as to your GT comments - my, GT is a Cast. Right now it is better to be a fortegunner, as casting buffs every 2 mins sucks ass. But I think newmen are just as good, if not better. usable resta, for one. useable MST for another. How much easier would it be to solo S difficulty unsafe passage/fight for food with a +30 MST unit on a female newman.

it takes 'only' 38% dark armor and mega rainbow for this to happen.

EDIT: oh, and WT is not gimped. At all. I took a critical it for 1506 damage...and lived. There are zero fTs that can say that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-09 15:12 ]</font>

Tigerram
Jul 9, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-07-09 14:45, Shiroryuu wrote:
My idea would be Musou attacks, like in Dynasty Warriors games, well, actually, I think it'll be awesome for both Humans and Newmans to have such a thing, and they can have different ones for melee, magic, or gunning [maybe a Gunning musou may be what some people would be looking for to make Gunning more interesting]. So like, Beasts have Nanoblast, CASTs have SUVs, and Humans and Newmans have Musou attacks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Lol, that is a sick idea. I can see a character taking a sword and going round and round like Guan Yu, only to toss the last poor souls who get clobbered by the final hit/hits. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 9, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-07-09 15:08, Sychosis wrote:

THE JACKEL

I'm not saying that, I'm saying it shouldn't require that you be a force, which basically this does. Combine two spells for another. Well what if I'm a fortefighter newman that knows no spells?!?!?

At most, it should be something they equip in the extra or head slot, and instead of SUVs it's just a big TP based spell, that no matter what class, they can use. One of each element for instance.
Meteor shower for fire (burn SE)
Thunder storm for lightning (shock SE)
Blizzard for ice (freeze SE)
Earthquake for ground (paralyze SE)
Blackhole for dark (infect SE)
Blinding light, for light (literally just a big flash of light that damages a few times, sleep SE)

THE JACKEL

Almighty_Envy
Jul 9, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-07-09 14:59, Johnny_Future wrote:

My alt doesnt like you.

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-07-09 15:09, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-07-09 14:52, Sychosis wrote:

geez.

You're wrong there Sy. Way wrong. given a choice between techs and melee, I'm going melee almost everytime. Diga costs 10 pp, and hits for 1000 on electric enemies. damfoie hits non fire enemies for 300/hit and sets them on fire - and I can hit 4 with ease (i've done 6, but it is rare).

The only time I switch to melee is for tech resistant enemies. and not even those always. Ageeta are getting damfoied these days not becasue I hit very hard with it, but becasue SE3 fire is too good to pass up.

Or golormo's - level 13 megiverse hits up to 6 of them for almost 400 a tick. With melee, I would spend 1/2 my time chasing them. No thanks.

Have you played WT? I'm not trying to be a smartass here.

as to your GT comments - my, GT is a Cast. Right now it is better to be a fortegunner, as casting buffs every 2 mins sucks ass. But I think newmen are just as good, if not better. usable resta, for one. useable MST for another. How much easier would it be to solo S difficulty unsafe passage/fight for food with a +30 MST unit on a female newman.

it takes 'only' 38% dark armor and mega rainbow for this to happen.

Yes, I played WT, it's a terrible class for Newman, You must not have very good weapons. It's much easier to get decent tech weapons vs melee weapons. I've also played GT, and 100 TP is roughly 60 more HP per resta. The TP modifier is too small right now to make a real difference.

Both classes aren't streamlined for Newmans yet. AotI will hopefully fix this.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 9, 2007, 05:19 PM

THE JACKEL

Well, Newmans don't suffer as bad from ATP as CASTs and Beasts do from TP, which is one reason why I think Newmans don't get an ability, they're not as bad at Hunter or Ranger as Beasts and CASTs are as Force, they can do awesome at one job [maybe 2 when Acros come out], great at 2 or 3, and mediocre at everything else. I mean, as Fortefighters, Humans have 80 more ATP than Newmans, but as Fortetechers, Beasts TP fail compared to Humans, and they're not even the worst. I think if you see it this way, a Newman not having an ability may be justified. But still, Musous would be friggin sweet.

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 05:19 PM
On 2007-07-09 15:14, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

THE JACKEL

I'm not saying that, I'm saying it shouldn't require that you be a force, which basically this does. Combine two spells for another. Well what if I'm a fortefighter newman that knows no spells?!?!?

At most, it should be something they equip in the extra or head slot, and instead of SUVs it's just a big TP based spell, that no matter what class, they can use. One of each element for instance.
Meteor shower for fire (burn SE)
Thunder storm for lightning (shock SE)
Blizzard for ice (freeze SE)
Earthquake for ground (paralyze SE)
Blackhole for dark (infect SE)
Blinding light, for light (literally just a big flash of light that damages a few times, sleep SE)

THE JACKEL

My apologies then. I didn't know you were addressing a specific idea. I thought you were speaking about Newmans having a racial ability in general.

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-07-09 15:19, Shiroryuu wrote:

Well, Newmans don't suffer as bad from ATP as CASTs and Beasts do from TP, which is one reason why I think Newmans don't get an ability, they're not as bad at Hunter or Ranger as Beasts and CASTs are as Force, they can do awesome at one job [maybe 2 when Acros come out], great at 2 or 3, and mediocre at everything else. I mean, as Fortefighters, Humans have 80 more ATP than Newmans, but as Fortetechers, Beasts TP fail compared to Humans, and they're not even the worst. I think if you see it this way, a Newman not having an ability may be justified. But still, Musous would be friggin sweet.

The Race/Class differences are pretty well balanced IMO, except for Humans, but that's another story. Being terrible at 1 class balances with being mediocre at 5 of them. On top of that, half the TECHNICs in the game work independent of TP. Can you name any Skill or Bullet that is in no way based on ATP and ATA?

Almighty_Envy
Jul 9, 2007, 05:31 PM
Jackels idea is pretty good.

I was thinking techs that only newmans could use and almost exatly the same as above ^

Stop reading my mind >=|

MSAksion
Jul 9, 2007, 06:29 PM
A Newman SUV would be..... *DRUMROLL

A FORCE FIELD =3

No serious - i'm talking about the Rainbow Beast or the SVALTUS SHIELD. The one that blocks damage in front of him? The Rainbow Beast put up his LIGHTNING SHIELD once and my teammate got knocked back and got SHOCK STATUS'D. I thought about this FORCE FIELD Idea for Newmans at that time.

Seriously! Like if i take enough damage which isn't hard to do if you're a TECHER, you can throw up a FORCE FIELD to protect yourself and the team! If it made me invincible, or if it just reduced the damage from an element of my choosing would be SOOO AWESOME!

OR - the KAMATOZE's Shield. Full all around protection from everything. No enemy can go through it so its basically a personal space for you to avoid VAHRA and Ageeta from physically hurting you. Sure Bullets and TECH can go through it but those are easy to dodge. OR if it again could reduce or even negate damage to yourself and the team would be soo awesome!

Conclusion- a Force field that protects the team and prevents enemies from entering a circle around us while reducing or negating damage of a certain element would PWN SO awesomely!

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, I played WT, it's a terrible class for Newman, You must not have very good weapons. It's much easier to get decent tech weapons vs melee weapons. I've also played GT, and 100 TP is roughly 60 more HP per resta. The TP modifier is too small right now to make a real difference.

Are you looking for it to be as good as a fT? It's not - at least not in techs. I dare say that having almost double fT hp is worth it all by itself.

with regard to guntecher, you don't know what you are talking about, let me help:
casts and beasts cannot equip A ranks wands. At all. ever. even at 80/10. Casts cannot even use 6* Tenora, and can only use 6* Yohemi at level 80 (not 79, but 80). That's not 100TP more like 300 TP - 200 from newmen to cast, and another 100 from the higher rank wands - maybe as much as 150. Thats about +200 hp, and plenty more pp to cast over and over and over. More importantly thier MST get's to gets high enough to gain immunity to low level megids/barta.

Since the bulk of thier damage is coming from DoTs (fire/virus crossbow, rifle) the additional ATP from cast is not all that helpful. The more powerful resta, and equivalent ATA means the job works.
Give me a newman GT with a a giga bullet pp save, and call it a day.

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-07-09 16:33, SolomonGrundy wrote:

Are you looking for it to be as good as a fT? It's not - at least not in techs. I dare say that having almost double fT hp is worth it all by itself.

with regard to guntecher, you don't know what you are talking about, let me help:
casts and beasts cannot equip A ranks wands. At all. ever. even at 80/10. Casts cannot even use 6* Tenora, and can only use 6* Yohemi at level 80 (not 79, but 80). That's not 100TP more like 300 TP - 200 from newmen to cast, and another 100 from the higher rank wands - maybe as much as 150. Thats about +200 hp, and plenty more pp to cast over and over and over. More importantly thier MST get's to gets high enough to gain immunity to low level megids/barta.

Since the bulk of thier damage is coming from DoTs (fire/virus crossbow, rifle) the additional ATP from cast is not all that helpful. The more powerful resta, and equivalent ATA means the job works.
Give me a newman GT with a a giga bullet pp save, and call it a day.

If you're looking for a more stable caster, then yeah, WT is your best bet as of now. A tech heavy WT is most assuredly going AT in the expansion because it is just far more tailored to Newmans.

As for Guntechers...I'm sorry, but you're playing a class that isn't supposed to be getting hit often. You have seen those videos of gunners soloing areas on 1 HP, right? The range on resta is far too restrictive to be used as even a secondary healer. There is virtually no point to techs on a GT at all until AotI.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-07-09 16:45 ]</font>

XanGabriel
Jul 9, 2007, 07:07 PM
ok so like, why do you people whine about why newmans dont get specials? theyre so damned powerufl with techs, you neednt worry about anything else.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 9, 2007, 07:08 PM
If you're looking for a more stable caster, then yeah, WT is your best bet as of now. A tech heavy WT is most assuredly going AT in the expansion because it is just far more tailored to Newmans.

Correct. On both counts. Not sure I will be switching, though. S rank wands vs. S rank cards is the choice...

As for Guntechers...I'm sorry, but you're playing a class that isn't supposed to be getting hit often. You have seen those videos of gunners soloing areas on 1 HP, right? The range on resta is far too restrictive to be used as even a secondary healer. There is virtually no point to techs on a GT at all until AotI.

Correct. GTs are not supposed to get hit very often. Good thing they are gunners, and don't get it very often. If you look closely, you'll see that newman GT EVP is better than cast fortegunner EVP *and* they get zodial. In a party, feel free to only use resta when YOU need it. You are right in that the range of resta is no good in the heat of combat. Makes soloing easy though...No mates.

AoI will make GTs brokenly good - any race. But until then you should stop leveling your ground crossbow and work on virus and fire http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 07:31 PM
On 2007-07-09 17:08, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Correct. GTs are not supposed to get hit very often. Good thing they are gunners, and don't get it very often. If you look closely, you'll see that newman GT EVP is better than cast fortegunner EVP *and* they get zodial. In a party, feel free to only use resta when YOU need it. You are right in that the range of resta is no good in the heat of combat. Makes soloing easy though...No mates.

AoI will make GTs brokenly good - any race. But until then you should stop leveling your ground crossbow and work on virus and fire http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

D...did you just say that a Newman GT having Zodial is some kind of one up over the natural 40% ATA boost of Fortegunner?

Ok, I'm done.

PS. Yak Banga 24 :/

Sekani
Jul 9, 2007, 07:40 PM
On 2007-07-09 17:31, Sychosis wrote:

D...did you just say that a Newman GT having Zodial is some kind of one up over the natural 40% ATA boost of Fortegunner?

I think he was referring to Zodial in terms of the evade boost it gives.

Para
Jul 9, 2007, 07:42 PM
How about Photon Blasts from PSO? Anyone remember those? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
I've said it b4 Ill say it again

Photon Chains FTW!

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-07-09 17:40, Sekani wrote:

So wait...on a class he said himself shouldn't be getting hit often...he thinks EVP is some remarkable advantage?

Good lord...

Gryffin
Jul 9, 2007, 08:14 PM
If people aren't a techer based class though.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I like this idea, but I think it should be creating ONE uber-spell you use when your SUV bar is full. You would equip 2 spells into a special slot, like in the status menu... and if you don't have any spells, you can use other PA's like bullets and melee's... So, with Bullets equipped, a set number depending on the type of bullet (laser, launcher, handgun ect..) of bullets would go blasting out of your character and homing in on enemies. And if it were Melee's, you would pick two, and your newman would get two shadow people thingies, that come out and spam those PA's at level 30 for 10 seconds or so, while you can run around and do as you please..

YOU CAN ONLY DO MELEE + MELEE, BULLET+BULLET, OR SPELL+ SPELL!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2007, 08:30 PM
Newman special should be 3x(and in some cases 4x) the damage of the other races in tech casting.

...oh wait! We already have that! And it's on full-time!

lolnanoblast
lolsuv
lolcreasabers

EDIT: lolgimptechers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-07-09 18:34 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 9, 2007, 08:50 PM
Numans in Phantasy Star

Numans are an artifical race of human/biomonster hybrids which were originally developed by Mother Brain's Biosystem Labs to serve as ruthless and disposable soldiers which could wipe out posh and pampered human population of Motavia, then soon after expire, leaving the planet primed for colonization. They possess highly tuned reflexes and are extremely agile, traits carried over from their biomonster DNA, and often refuse to wear restrictive clothing or carry heavy loads. Numans are also highly attuned to healing and supportive technique usage. The Numan lifespan is not known, but they mature at an increadible pace - reaching full maturity by the time they are only one year old.

After Mother Brain's destruction in Phantasy Star II, many of her sub-systems began slowly going out of control. The planet Motavia decayed, slowly reverting to it's native desert state. A bio-system designated GENE eventually became reactivated, and resumed the Numan Project, creating NM-2011. After it's, and NM-2011's, destruction - a subsystem designated SEED continued the Numan project once more - this time with the focus on creating perfected Numan breeding partners for humans which could spread necessary DNA strands down for future generations. Though only Rika was created before SEED's destruction - she accomplished this goal by giving birth to Chaz's son Rui a year after the events of Phantasy Star IV.

* 'Note': While they may look like "Elves", Numans are actually closer to "Nekos" - or catgirls. While it's not specifically mentioned which biomonster was used in the creation of Numans, designer Tohru Yoshida stated that he used Myau from Phantasy Star I as inspiriation. At one point in development, Nei had a tail - but it was removed at the last moment. Numans are a way to keep the Myau character type in the game, without alienating the players by giving them a human-esqe form. Hence the traditional pointed ears and affinity for claw weapons and technique skill.

http://phantasystarwiki.com/index.php?title=Numan

That being said, I want Numans (or Newmen. Where did you get Neuman?) to get something that increases their movement and attack speed by 50-100%, and decreases their PP usage by that amount, in a sort of nano-blast type attack. Either that, or give them Illusion, Double Slash, Eliminate, and Disrupt all rolled into a single SUV-like attack (Attacks all enemies for doubled heavy damage, a chance of incapacitation, and casts Zodial).

BloodDragoon
Jul 9, 2007, 09:09 PM
Well thinking about it this way...

Casts get SUV's, primarily these are used to deal mass amounts of shooting damage. Coincidentally ranged weapons are their typecast forte.

Beasts have Nanoblast. Primary use is mass amounts of striking damage. Striking or melee attacks are typecast as a beast's forte.

Neuman typecast forte is technic ability, so IF they got a special of their own it would probably best be some sort of technic based damage ability.

Humans... well they're average with no real typecast forte of their own so I guess they'd be SOL and doomed to mediocrety ... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

natewifi
Jul 9, 2007, 09:25 PM
Ray - Grants and Gizonde fusion!

LS_Aksion
Jul 9, 2007, 09:25 PM
On 2007-07-09 16:29, MSAksion wrote:
A Newman SUV would be..... *DRUMROLL

A FORCE FIELD =3

No serious - i'm talking about the Rainbow Beast or the SVALTUS SHIELD. The one that blocks damage in front of him? The Rainbow Beast put up his LIGHTNING SHIELD once and my teammate got knocked back and got SHOCK STATUS'D. I thought about this FORCE FIELD Idea for Newmans at that time.

Seriously! Like if i take enough damage which isn't hard to do if you're a TECHER, you can throw up a FORCE FIELD to protect yourself and the team! If it made me invincible, or if it just reduced the damage from an element of my choosing would be SOOO AWESOME!

OR - the KAMATOZE's Shield. Full all around protection from everything. No enemy can go through it so its basically a personal space for you to avoid VAHRA and Ageeta from physically hurting you. Sure Bullets and TECH can go through it but those are easy to dodge. OR if it again could reduce or even negate damage to yourself and the team would be soo awesome!

Conclusion- a Force field that protects the team and prevents enemies from entering a circle around us while reducing or negating damage of a certain element would PWN SO awesomely!

heh, FORCE-Field for Neumans http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Question: Why isnt it in PSU in the 1st place?

natewifi
Jul 9, 2007, 09:30 PM
Humans can do hadou kens, and newmans would summon, making everyone different, too bad it wouldnt happen... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-07-09 19:35 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 9, 2007, 09:38 PM
On 2007-07-09 19:09, BloodDragoon wrote:
Well thinking about it this way...

Casts get SUV's, primarily these are used to deal mass amounts of shooting damage. Coincidentally ranged weapons are their typecast forte.

Beasts have Nanoblast. Primary use is mass amounts of striking damage. Striking or melee attacks are typecast as a beast's forte.

Neuman typecast forte is technic ability, so IF they got a special of their own it would probably best be some sort of technic based damage ability.

Humans... well they're average with no real typecast forte of their own so I guess they'd be SOL and doomed to mediocrety ... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Even casts have melee SUVs, to coincide with the fact that they are comparable hunters to beasts. Using this, and the fact that newmen are rather balanced, I think they should get something that works well for all jobs, but especially force (and least of all, ranger). I think the added attack speed would help force most of all, and ranger least (since they're agile enough as it is), with hunters in the middle. It also goes along with their agile nature, while immensely powerful spells don't at all.

Sychosis
Jul 9, 2007, 09:50 PM
Even CASTs are getting Giresta in SUV form. I don't think that's a good yardstick for racial abilities...

Lonzell
Jul 9, 2007, 09:52 PM
Wait a sec... if Photon weaponry is powered by a person's lifeforce... how in the fuck do casts use photon weaponry?

Almighty_Envy
Jul 9, 2007, 09:55 PM
Stealing the souls of babies, duh.

BloodDragoon
Jul 9, 2007, 10:28 PM
On 2007-07-09 19:50, Sychosis wrote:
Even CASTs are getting Giresta in SUV form. I don't think that's a good yardstick for racial abilities...

Note I said in typical circumstances. How often do you see a CAST use the current melee SUV? Beta vids from AoI dont make the sword one look any more impressive. Beasts have a nanoblast for invincibility, that seems more defensive in nature than offensive.

To whoever it was that said newmans were balanced stat wise if you do a race stat comparison they lack in physical strength and stamina in this game. (ie attack power, defensive power, and HP) Humans would be balanced because all of their stats run midrange.

The current idea I had for newmans was something along the lines of PSO's photon blasts. Cept in this case it would be 1 specific blast set in some fashion probably similar to beast nanoblast badges.

Options or support abilities are nice additions but both the SUV and Nanoblast both had a core concept in mind upon creation and my previous post on the matter simply shows a thought process to a logical core concept for newmans based on game mechanics and observations gathered from day 1 of PSU's US release.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 9, 2007, 10:45 PM
Yeah, Newmans do have the worst ATP and such but like I said before, they're ATP is nowhere near as bad as a CAST's or Beast's TP, and in fact, they can still do reasonably well as Hunters and Rangers [well, they're theoretically the 2nd best Rangers].

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 9, 2007, 11:04 PM
Human's racial ability is that they don't have funny looking ears. That's good enough for me!

Zorafim
Jul 9, 2007, 11:09 PM
This is untrue. You can make their ears look very silly if you tried hard enough.
But on average, yes.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 10, 2007, 03:25 AM
On 2007-07-09 17:40, Sekani wrote:

specifically so: "If you look closely, you'll see that newman GT EVP is better than cast fortegunner EVP *and* they get zodial. "

So wait...on a class he said himself shouldn't be getting hit often...he thinks EVP is some remarkable advantage?

Sy, do you have some problem with me? EVP helps you not to get hit. This includes ranged attacks coming back at you, and any unfortunate melee attacks that GTs get caught by. Not sure how you could misread what I wrote, and then go ahead and not infer why high(er) EVP might be an advantage.

- congrats on the yak banga 25. I'm envious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-10 01:36 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jul 10, 2007, 03:51 AM
I've already posted precise actual, in game, reasons how the humans don't have any true advantages over the Newman, when it comes to playing a GT role based on the difference between numbers (that are quite close for all stats people say the humans have advantages for) and what they actually mean in true gameplay. I also stated the ways Newmans have advantages, in the class. Most notably in overall defense. Not to mention, comparing actual practical real damage numbers monsters apply make the whole HP/DFP slight human advantage not even a mere factor. In reality, humans and newmans generally die as a GT just as easily to the same physical attacks, but the Newmans can survive more Tech attacks. Then went on to mention the damage difference was also small between the two, but with the newman having a good Accurracy boost. It was an experiment I took pains taking time to prove because so many people have made the argument based on *on-paper* comparisons without taking the real time to prove it, in game.

It was just a point to prove that the Newmans that generally complain about their weakness, and mention that they share it alone is a facade for more classes than they care to admit to. However, I'd like to rather think of it as a way to let them know that if a human can do it, in more of these cases, they can do it just as well, and sometimes better. (Not all of course, but in more)

I still think the facade does help in some ways, and in those ways, I'd rather they stay that way. That is, I'd rather have people still believe humans are decent at any job so that job elitists wont start excluding them. And besides, who knows what higher levels will bring as we approach the expansion? That alone might cause a shift of balance, in ways we don't quite see yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-10 01:53 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jul 10, 2007, 04:05 AM
In reality, humans and newmans generally die as a GT just as easily to the same physical attacks, but the Newmans can survive more Tech attacks.

And more importanty, gain immunity to low level tech attacks. who needs and extra slot if barta hits you for zero?

Sychosis
Jul 10, 2007, 08:31 AM
On 2007-07-09 20:28, BloodDragoon wrote:

On 2007-07-09 19:50, Sychosis wrote:

Note I said in typical circumstances. How often do you see a CAST use the current melee SUV? Beta vids from AoI dont make the sword one look any more impressive. Beasts have a nanoblast for invincibility, that seems more defensive in nature than offensive.

To whoever it was that said newmans were balanced stat wise if you do a race stat comparison they lack in physical strength and stamina in this game. (ie attack power, defensive power, and HP) Humans would be balanced because all of their stats run midrange.

The current idea I had for newmans was something along the lines of PSO's photon blasts. Cept in this case it would be 1 specific blast set in some fashion probably similar to beast nanoblast badges.

Options or support abilities are nice additions but both the SUV and Nanoblast both had a core concept in mind upon creation and my previous post on the matter simply shows a thought process to a logical core concept for newmans based on game mechanics and observations gathered from day 1 of PSU's US release.

I wholly agree that SUVs pretty much focus on the ranged dominance of CASTs and any supposed Newman SUV/Nano ability should be based on their TECHNIC proficiency (though with some balancing factors in place to make it decently useful as say, a Fortefighter, without it being broken on a Fortetecher)

On 2007-07-10 01:25, SolomonGrundy wrote:
[Stuff]

Sorry, quotes are getting too big D:

I was figuring that after making a point about not getting hit often, you wouldn't bring up a stat that only matters when you get hit (by physical attacks, no less).

And no, I don't have a problem with you personally. But I don't like the way you take classes, then try to make them seem terrible and completely useless. Especially when I have my own Fortefighter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sychosis on 2007-07-10 06:34 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jul 10, 2007, 03:28 PM
I was figuring that after making a point about not getting hit often, you wouldn't bring up a stat that only matters when you get hit (by physical attacks, no less).

I was thinking more about enemy bullets at the time, but point taken.

And no, I don't have a problem with you personally. But I don't like the way you take classes, then try to make them seem terrible and completely useless. Especially when I have my own Fortefighter.

Not sure what that has to do with this discussion, but fF is the only job I have a problem with. I can live with you not liking that about me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-10 13:33 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Jul 10, 2007, 04:44 PM
as far as I'm concerned, we got the shit end of stick in this current version of PSU. We're just humans with higher TP, Sega fails at making us stand out in any way. I would love to see some type of special, just to add a little variety.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-10 14:57 ]</font>

krusty77
Jul 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
ima beast on psu and i think that sega didnt give yall anything special because yall are so freakin strong and that if u want something special that they might lower ur tp power

Sychosis
Jul 10, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-07-10 13:28, SolomonGrundy wrote:
Not sure what that has to do with this discussion, but fF is the only job I have a problem with. I can live with you not liking that about me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I dunno, you brought up some point about me not liking you. If I come off that way, it's because you insulted my Fortefighter, you big jerk! >:(

Sychosis
Jul 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:51, krusty77 wrote:
ima beast on psu and i think that sega didnt give yall anything special because yall are so freakin strong and that if u want something special that they might lower ur tp power

ST is going to be giving stat boosts to all classes but fT. I wonder how well this card will hold up when Fortefighters are only 4% off the TP modifier of Fortetecher.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:56, Sychosis wrote:

ST is going to be giving stat boosts to all classes but fT. I wonder how well this card will hold up when Fortefighters are only 4% off the TP modifier of Fortetecher.

and would you tell me what lick of good TP does for a fortefighter... nothing!

I don't care about what my TP is as other classes, the problem isn't TP modifiers for classes, but TP modifiers for races. Newmans are so far and above it's absurd

THE JACKEL

ThEoRy
Jul 10, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:58, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:

On 2007-07-10 14:56, Sychosis wrote:

and would you tell me what lick of good TP does for a fortefighter... nothing!

I don't care about what my TP is as other classes, the problem isn't TP modifiers for classes, but TP modifiers for races. Newmans are so far and above it's AWESOME!

THE JACKEL

Fixed.

Darkly
Jul 10, 2007, 06:04 PM
I thought i would finally register on this site just to tell you what i came up with:

for the humans nanoblast i would give them the slave whip! it would buff any of your party members but then force them to do your bidding for its duration =)

just like old times...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Darkly on 2007-07-10 16:10 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:04, Darkly wrote:
I thought i would finally register on this site just to tell you what i came up with:

for the humans nanoblast i would give them the slave whip! it would buff any of your party members but then force them to do your bidding for its duration =)

Wow....you should've stayed unregistered.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
everyone will be whistling a different tune when TP based rare weapons are released.

Remember holy ray? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 10, 2007, 06:12 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:04, Darkly wrote:

I do.
And they already do as well.

And uh.. slave whip? Don't you think that's a little bit out of line?

Next time keep it to yourself.

ThEoRy
Jul 10, 2007, 06:14 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:10, SolomonGrundy wrote:
everyone will be whistling a different tune when TP based rare weapons are released.

Remember holy ray? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Remember it?

I had to have it surgically removed from my hand!!

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 10, 2007, 06:26 PM
[quote]On 2007-07-10 16:10, SolomonGrundy wrote:

[/quote

That'll be cool if there were some TP-based guns and swords.

Sekani
Jul 10, 2007, 06:58 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:44, Sexy_Raine wrote:
as far as I'm concerned, we got the shit end of stick in this current version of PSU. We're just humans with higher TP, Sega fails at making us stand out in any way. I would love to see some type of special, just to add a little variety.

I honestly think that beasts and CASTs got racial bonuses to balance out the population. The typical "pretty" races are humans and newmen, and they'd definitely be the most populous by a large margin if there were no racial specials.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
That would be really sweet if they added that.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 10, 2007, 09:15 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:58, Sekani wrote:

I honestly think that beasts and CASTs got racial bonuses to balance out the population. The typical "pretty" races are humans and newmen, and they'd definitely be the most populous by a large margin if there were no racial specials.

I/O: logic error> line 246 does not agree

*beep*

BloodDragoon
Jul 10, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:26, Shiroryuu wrote:
[quote]On 2007-07-10 16:10, SolomonGrundy wrote:

[/quote

That'll be cool if there were some TP-based guns and swords.

Wasn't there a MST based saber in PSO as well?

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 10, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:58, Sekani wrote:

I think people are still gonna pick a race if they're the pretty ones because, well, they're pretty. And people like me would make them fighters because we want a fighter who's pretty. But I have a male beast Fortefighter and I have him without a nanoblast[RP reasons], he'll just be like a Human, but with better stats.

TheBuffster
Jul 10, 2007, 10:57 PM
WOW! ok... so...
a little breather here people huh.

*takes a deep breath*

ive read some really great input here,
im honestly Quite suprised that this thread made it past a second page, tee he he!

Anyway,
im reading alot about the fact that Newmans
are not always Techers, well.. no duh....
But, were much more well suited for techs,
thats unarguable.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +

Ive read some really cool spell ideas,
and have yet to read one i dont want...
(i need more spell slots)
ive also come up with something to diffuse some of the complaints ive read:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Even better than having this be a special,

I think everyone should be able to
create one Spell, PA, or Bullett.
Just so that everyone has their own Signature move that no one else uses...
This could eaisly be added too!

Like: maybe when you hit level 100?

And yes, i know, the level cap thing.
but thats kinda my point.

When the level cap goes from 90 to 100,
turn that stupid Vacant shop on the colony
into a PA creation Shop.
We'd pay for certian aspects or whatever.
[Hell, that'd probly help the economy too, seeing as everyone would do it...eventually]

I LOVE the idea about:
combining spells in a stats menu,
thats adds a constantly alterable aspect
i hadn't thought of.
Also it was said that for this idea,
the combination restrictions
would have to be:
melee with melee,
bullett, with bullett,
and spell with spell.
But that got me thinking, maybe not necessiarly.
Try this:
for a melee attack
you could use a bullett to add a status effect,
OR
add a spell to combine
the use of a HUMAN's ATP and TP
Thanx for that one.

ok!
lets keep it going,
lemme know whatchall think

if we can get this detailed enough
I WILL send it to Sega

and yes,
im well aware of the fact
that none of this
will probly ever come to pass,
but, Hey! Who says we cant try, right?

Thanx for all of your input http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 10, 2007, 11:12 PM

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-10 14:57 ]</font>

Variety. That's what's needed. There should be no need to be worrying about stats while talking about specials. Stats =/= specials.

Specials were made with racial aesthetics in mind as well as something neat to do every so often during a mission.

The Cast SUV seems to utilize large-scale nanotransformer and/or satellite technology to dual-wield huge weapons that only Casts are capable of using. (Although in my opinion these should have been available for time duration and/or ammo limit as opposed to "one-time only like a summon while being invincible". It would actually provide for more variety by making SUVs more different, especially if Numans had specials.) Quite appropriate for this mechanical race.

The Beast Nanoblast unleashes the Beast within (no way around the puns here, folks). Huge, furry, stinky, and so savage they can't heal themselves. Although it's essentially just stat boosts, they also get to knock shit around with ease and, well, look like ANIMALS! while doing so. Could we have a Beast any other way? Well, maybe they could have a Nanoblast where fleas jump from the Beast's fur onto enemies to cause various status ailments... :wacky:

So, why the hell doesn't the Numan get anything? No ideas for what would be appropriate for the genetically-enhanced space elves, or *gasp* old biomonster or kitty DNA? A selection of big SUV-rivaling spells would have worked for the magically-inclined elven stereotype here. Or, like someone mentioned above (I forget who and aint bothering to check, sorry), a mega fast and powerful physical attack that combines (or is at least based on the concept of) Rika's old skills DBLSLASH, DISRUPT, ILLUSION and ELIMINAT. Casts get an homage to Classic Phantasy Star (BURSTROC anyone?) so why not Numans?

So, where would that leave humans? Since they're Average Joe Versatile, they probably shouldn't have any unique special...so instead they should have a selection encompassing weaker versions of the other race specials, but tailored to actually make sense for a human. To imitate the Cast SUV, humans get a single-wield version of a SUV which naturally does only half the damage (and has half the ammo if they actually went with my cool ammo-limit idea). To imitate a Beast Nanoblast, humans get a powersuit or a vehicle that works at a significantly lower level of greatness than the temp-furries. To imitate the proposed Space Elf Specials (or perhaps even the Biomonsterkitty Special), humans simply get weaker versions of these.

There. Now would that really be so hard? Casts with limited-ammo guns (that would be wasted if palette is used), Beasts left untouched except given a few more Nanoblast options for variety's sake (PLEASE give them fleas! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif), Numans with special instantaneous use spells/attacks, and Humans with weaker versions and/or limited selections of all three.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 10, 2007, 11:19 PM
On 2007-07-10 20:57, TheBuffster wrote:
WOW! ok... so...
a little breather here people huh.

*takes a deep breath*

ive read some really great input here,
im honestly Quite suprised that this thread made it past a second page, tee he he!

Anyway,
im reading alot about the fact that Newmans
are not always Techers, well.. no duh....
But, were much more well suited for techs,
thats unarguable.

Ive read some really cool spell ideas,
and have yet to read one i dont want...
(i need more spell slots)
ive also come up with something to diffuse some of the complaints ive read:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
Even better than having this be a special,

I think everyone should be able to
create one Spell, PA, or Bullett.
Just so that everyone has their own Signature move that no one else uses...
This could eaisly be added too!

Like: maybe when you hit level 100?

And yes, i know, the level cap thing.
but thats kinda my point.

When the level cap goes from 90 to 100,
turn that stupid Vacant shop on the colony
into a PA creation Shop.
We'd pay for certian aspects or whatever.
[Hell, that'd probly help the economy too, seeing as everyone would do it...eventually]

I LOVE the idea about:
combining spells in a stats menu,
thats adds a constantly alterable aspect
i hadn't thought of.
Also it was said that for this idea,
the combination restrictions
would have to be:
melee with melee,
bullett, with bullett,
and spell with spell.
But that got me thinking, maybe not necessiarly.
Try this:
for a melee attack
you could use a bullett to add a status effect,
OR
add a spell to combine
the use of a HUMAN's ATP and TP
Thanx for that one.

ok!
lets keep it going,
lemme know whatchall think

if we can get this detailed enough
I WILL send it to Sega

and yes,
im well aware of the fact
that none of this
will probly ever come to pass,
but, Hey! Who says we cant try, right?

Thanx for all of your input http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I humbly suggest making a new topic for that suggestion and getting it away from discussion about Numans, specials, stats and all that. Such a topic could go quite a ways...

In the meantime, I'll just say that I would really like a tech that combines diga with gifoie (or diga with gidiga). A huge rock making a bigger area of effect upon impact regardless of what it hits!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-07-10 21:21 ]</font>

morrow
Jul 10, 2007, 11:28 PM

what the hell would a berserker mode be?

TheBuffster
Jul 12, 2007, 03:37 AM
On 2007-07-10 21:28, morrow wrote:

what the hell would a berserker mode be?

uh, maybe it'd be a nanoblast without changing form?
Like, Just a stat boost?

TheBuffster
Jul 12, 2007, 03:40 AM
[/quote]

I humbly suggest making a new topic for that suggestion and getting it away from discussion about Numans, specials, stats and all that. Such a topic could go quite a ways...

In the meantime, I'll just say that I would really like a tech that combines diga with gifoie (or diga with gidiga). A huge rock making a bigger area of effect upon impact regardless of what it hits!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-07-10 21:21 ]</font>
[/quote]

hmmm, u know what. Youre exactly right!
this did kinda turn out to be a completely new idea:P
i think im going to do that...
ill put it someplace more general, and call it... uhm...
Vacancy = PA Creation shop!!!

Yeah that'll work:)
Thanx for the thought:)

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 12, 2007, 11:44 AM
You know, I was also thinking of this: What if there were NO special racial abilities in this game? One time, I was in a party with nothing but Humans and Newmans, and I kind of brung this question up. One of my friends said that if there were no racial abilities, the game would be more fair and there'll be less bitching. I kind of agree. Why not just take them out?

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 12, 2007, 02:39 PM
If no race had specials to begin with, then there wouldn't have been a problem. But, since the racial abilities have already been in place, it would be unfair to the beasts and casts to simply remove the SUVs and Nanoblasts just to appease those who lack them. The real solution is, of course, giving specials to those who already don't have them.

Shiryuu
Jul 12, 2007, 02:49 PM
Only special that makes sense for a newman is a powered-up Gi- tech with instant SE.

Zorafim
Jul 12, 2007, 03:01 PM
On 2007-07-12 12:49, Shiryuu wrote:
Only special that makes sense for a newman is a powered-up Gi- tech with instant SE.

http://phantasystarwiki.com/index.php?title=Numan

malice_nyc
Jul 12, 2007, 03:18 PM
Newmans already have a special power -- we're the best looking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rather than giving Newmans and Humans a bonus, there should be effects that only affect CASTs and Beasts, balancing out special racial strengths with racial weaknesses. Enemies could use EMP blasts to disrupt CAST circuits for 15 secs say, or Beasts could catch fleas or something.

Puppet_Papaya
Jul 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
or Beasts could catch fleas or something.
I'm liking this whole flea thing.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 12, 2007, 03:30 PM
Or better yet, CASTs and Beasts get level 5 shock and silence [well, there's level 5 burn, so why not?] after they use an SUV or Nanoblast. Also, they can make that Just Counter and Just Attack thing exclusive to Humans and Newmans. Also giving crea weapons some sort of buff would help too, and make S rank creas that are only Human and Newman [lol Crea Doubles]

Mayu
Jul 12, 2007, 03:31 PM
I'll agree that Crea doubles should of been - newman and human <.<

IT SAYS CREA DAMIT <.< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and well yeah make our crea weapons ''stronger'' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-12 13:32 ]</font>

TheBuffster
Jul 13, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-07-12 13:31, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
I'll agree that Crea doubles should of been - newman and human <.<

IT SAYS CREA DAMIT <.< http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and well yeah make our crea weapons ''stronger'' http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-12 13:32 ]</font>

Wheres my S rank CreaRods Dammitt??!?!!