PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the game, can't access online portion?

KveerRaven
Jul 9, 2007, 01:47 PM
Well, I've been playing the demo for the 360 version for about a week now (took me a while to pull myself from PSO GC to try it) and I just picked up the full version (by the way, not sure if this is the right place for this, haven't been on the forums since January).

I purchased my monthly membership and it tells me I have to sign out and then sign back in (my Xbox Live GamerTag) for the changes to take effect. When I do this and try to fire of the Xbox Live portion of the game (so I can create my character and what not) I get a message that there is some sort of problem (don't remember the whole message) and to please try again later. WTF? Anyone run into this or know how to solve it? I've been able to play other games, including the Demo of this game, online before with no problem so I know its not my connection.

Sorry for such a long post, just a little agitated at the moment...

Shardio
Jul 9, 2007, 01:50 PM
Have you, as the message suggested, 'tried again'? It could very well WORK! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Jet1337
Jul 9, 2007, 01:50 PM
LoL!!!

You'll have to excuse Sonic Team's horrible networking skills. Logging onto PSU is like playing russian rullette (forgot how to spell it), but without the negative. When you get that message, disconnect and try again. If it happens 3 times in a row, go back to the dashboard and try again.

KveerRaven
Jul 9, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-07-09 11:50, Shardio wrote:
Have you, as the message suggested, 'tried again'? It could very well WORK! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Not for nothing, but of course! I tried about 5 times before my friend and I gave up (he got it too). I'll have to try again tonight and if it comes up, disconnect and, well, try again! Any other help is highly appreciated!

Midicronica
Jul 9, 2007, 01:58 PM
Sounds like the interrupt request is giving you a run for your money. Keep trying, you'll get on there.

NPCMook
Jul 9, 2007, 02:01 PM
Be sure you are choosing Disconnect, and going back to the title screen, not just hitting Retry

KveerRaven
Jul 9, 2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I'm disconnecting. In fact, I sign out, unplug my Ethernet cable, plug it back in and sign back into Xbox live and then try again. Thanks just the same.

I'm sure that this is just a little bit of a hicup, but I have a friend who's owned the full version for a few months now and has never been able to log in so he's stuck playing the demo and having his Characters reset once a month. I really don't want to run into this...

ThEoRy
Jul 9, 2007, 02:26 PM
heres what I do.

when u get to the ESRB warning screen where it says press A, don't.

stall for some time by either selecting music to stream from your comp if you're networked to your comp,
or you could use this time to check your XBL friends list or messages.
Just make sure you stall for about a minute at this screen b4 u press A
90% success rate on first try
If it didn't work on the first try, do not use the retry button as it has never ever worked for any1 as far as i know.
Simply go back to the main menu and return to ESRB screen and immediately press A with no stalling.
97% success rate on second try.
if it doesn't work on second try, return to main menu and repeat second try, it should work by then.

McLaughlin
Jul 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
If it's giving you that much of a hassle:

Dashboard > Console > Network Settings > Primary DNS: 4.2.2.1 > Secondary DNS: 4.2.2.2.

That should fix it (kind of). You'll get the interrupt error, but it won't be the "Servers are down for maintenance" error. Change your DNS settings to those and then just keep hitting Disconnect and trying again.

KveerRaven
Jul 9, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-07-09 12:32, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
If it's giving you that much of a hassle:

Dashboard > Console > Network Settings > Primary DNS: 4.2.2.1 > Secondary DNS: 4.2.2.2.

That should fix it (kind of). You'll get the interrupt error, but it won't be the "Servers are down for maintenance" error. Change your DNS settings to those and then just keep hitting Disconnect and trying again.

Not too sure about this one. I don't like messing with those settings. Last time I did (as directed by Xbox Live Suuport) I wasn't able to get back on for DAYS until I called my cable company to find out how to get all that data without having a PC.

JAFO22000
Jul 9, 2007, 03:33 PM
We would need to know the exact error message you are getting. It may be more serious than the "unable to connect" error most people get upon signing in. If your friend pays for the online service and is has a horrible time getting online as well (I assume it's an egregious error as nobody in their right mind would be content playing the 360 demo instead of the full version), then it may be an issue with your internet provider. Do you two have the same IP? Do you use some type of router?

I would suggest writing down the message you are receiving and posting it verbatim. I have a feeling that your error is more than just the "can't connect now, do you want to retry" error.

Haze111
Jul 9, 2007, 03:44 PM
Just to be clear KveerRaven, you shouldn't need to keep signing out your gamertag or disconnecting your ethernet cable.

If you are getting the message we "assume" you are getting, it's the one that occurs after you select "Play online" (or whatever it says) on the games main menu.

After that, you get the ESRB message, hit A, and it brings up your character list OR, in your case, you get a message regarding an interrupt request. You then have the disconnect or retry option.

ALWAYS use the disconnect option which will dump you to the main menu. Go through the above steps again. No need to sign out your gamertag or unplug your ethernet. Just keep trying until you get in. Some evenings I have to do this 2 or 3 times before I get to the character select screen.

If this never works, you might have another issue router wise, but I'm not sure. The fact that you are signing into XBL with your gamertag shows that your connection is at least working.

KidoKresh
Jul 9, 2007, 05:02 PM
Normally the whole disconnect thing works on the third time ive never had to do it a fourth... My friend has had that problem told me he would just have to wait and try again later then it worked. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Gives you time to play the story mode while you wait to try again.

Shardio
Jul 10, 2007, 05:24 AM
I thought this issue would be resolved after the disaster that was the first PSU 360 beta?

KveerRaven
Jul 10, 2007, 08:10 AM
On 2007-07-09 12:26, Octagon wrote:
heres what I do.

when u get to the ESRB warning screen where it says press A, don't.

stall for some time by either selecting music to stream from your comp if you're networked to your comp,
or you could use this time to check your XBL friends list or messages.
Just make sure you stall for about a minute at this screen b4 u press A
90% success rate on first try
If it didn't work on the first try, do not use the retry button as it has never ever worked for any1 as far as i know.
Simply go back to the main menu and return to ESRB screen and immediately press A with no stalling.
97% success rate on second try.
if it doesn't work on second try, return to main menu and repeat second try, it should work by then.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions, turns out this one worked everytime for me. Simply just waiting 30 seconds to a minute allowed me to login everytime successfully. Now I get to start my PSU career! YAY! Go me!