PDA

View Full Version : No PSU:AoI at E3?

kevington
Jul 9, 2007, 08:05 PM
Gamespot has coverage of Sega's E3 lineup and AoI is nowhere to be seen: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173877.html?part=rss&tag=gs_news&subj=6173877

It would be nice if Sega would give this version the big push that PSU didn't seem to get, but this new story doesn't bode well. Here's hoping they show something anyway.

KidoKresh
Jul 9, 2007, 08:10 PM
The expansion probably isnt that important to Gamespot... or maybe Sega just didn't want it to be shown yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KidoKresh on 2007-07-09 18:11 ]</font>

Ryna
Jul 9, 2007, 08:57 PM
It looks like Sega is going to show Ambition of the Illuminus to the public later.

Even at last year's E3, PSU had limited visibility. There were only a couple of demo stations and they were located in the far corner of Sega's booth.

Para
Jul 9, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-07-09 18:10, KidoKresh wrote:
The expansion probably isnt that important to Gamespot... or maybe Sega just didn't want it to be shown yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KidoKresh on 2007-07-09 18:11 ]</font>
Its possible that even though its somewhat a finished product for Japan, it might not be ready to be shown to an english audience.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 9, 2007, 09:00 PM
It is probably not fully translated yet.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 9, 2007, 09:12 PM
Like a game needs to be 100% finished to be shown at E3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I seriously don't understand why SEGA promotes PSU so little. It has the potential to be their most profitable venture due to subscription fees, but they don't even try to hype it.

Anduril
Jul 9, 2007, 09:17 PM
Maybe SEGA is trying to kill off PSU by not promoting it. I mean if they kill off the Western market then they won't have to waste money on translating and maintenancing multiple servers. But than again I may just be ranting. I'm sure that they might make at least some minor announcement about it eventually.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2007-07-09 19:17 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jul 9, 2007, 09:24 PM
It's Game Spot, their coverage of niche interest games (which unfortunately PSU is a niche interest game) is nearly non-exsistant and their review & ratings are usually as crappy as "Game Informer."
The only thing worse than GameSpot is G4TV's "X Play" IMO.

Sega of America only bothers to promote and advertize the games they feel could be the most profitable, and high profile with the broadest market base, which unfortunately doesn't include any remotely RPG-type games. It sucks but not much can be done about that anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I do love those few rare gems of games they develop and release once in a blue moon and the oldschool stuff still is awesome.

It sucks that all the really talented and most creative game designers are either repressed to coding work or outright left Sega of Japan, and went to other developent groups to make games for other or/ multi-platforms. >_<

Ryna
Jul 9, 2007, 09:29 PM
On 2007-07-09 19:17, Anduril wrote:
Maybe SEGA is trying to kill off PSU by not promoting it. I mean if they kill off the Western market then they won't have to waste money on translating and maintenancing multiple servers. But than again I may just be ranting. I'm sure that they might make at least some minor announcement about it eventually.

We already know the game is going to come out in the United States. The most likely case is that Sega is not ready to demo the game to the press yet. Afterall, the Japanese team is still working on it. We may see something at the Fall public event.

Golto
Jul 9, 2007, 09:37 PM
Its not like this PSU got a quality translation so I doubt AOI will either. So why not show their shotty work?

pikachief
Jul 9, 2007, 09:44 PM
what are u talking about SEGA always promotes PSU!

On 2007-07-09 18:57, Ryna wrote:

Even at last year's E3, PSU had limited visibility. There were only a couple of demo stations and they were located in the far corner of Sega's booth.

JK! lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

yea this game could be big if they promote it! adds on video game websites, show it at the E3, release more vids and an online demo for PC...

but they dont even want it to be shown much at E3...

mabey they know the game stinks so their afraid to show it XD

We already know the game is going to come out in the United States. The most likely case is that Sega is not ready to demo the game to the press yet. Afterall, the Japanese team is still working on it. We may see something at the Fall public event.

thiers a fall public event? where!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (if in LA like most video game events i can make it ^.^)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-07-09 19:46 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jul 9, 2007, 11:00 PM
It's an expansion...to my knowledge no expansion has ever been shown at E3... ya know why... it's a FRIGGIN EXPANSION...geeze

MrPOW
Jul 9, 2007, 11:24 PM
On 2007-07-09 21:00, DurakkenX wrote:
It's an expansion...to my knowledge no expansion has ever been shown at E3... ya know why... it's a FRIGGIN EXPANSION...geeze

Burning Crusade says hi.

Sekani
Jul 9, 2007, 11:49 PM
For those who aren't aware, E3 isn't a super-demo showcase anymore. Developers are publishers are increasingly staging their own events to demo their own games when they're ready.

Like others have said anyway, PSU:AoI is a niche title so don't expect a ton of coverage on it.

Niered
Jul 9, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-07-09 21:24, MrPOW wrote:

Burning Crusade says hi.

Hoshi-

Didnt the Guild Wars "expansions" get showcased as well? I dont know if that counts entirely, those are half independent games, half expansions.

And Im pretty sure City of Villains was at one as well.

Jinto117
Jul 10, 2007, 02:55 AM
It only says "Phantasy Star Universe" on the list for Sega's lineup, however, I don't know what else it would be besides the expansion. http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6149159&pid=932917&tag=top_stories;title;11

PrinceBrightstar
Jul 10, 2007, 03:28 AM
Most likely it'll get shown here instead.

http://www.eforallexpo.com/

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2007, 04:39 AM
I wouldn't doubt it, and this would be a good move for ST and PSU imo.

ShinAnt
Jul 10, 2007, 05:15 AM
Also It may be the fact that E3 is not what it used to be now.
It's not as big as it would be like last year or the year before that.
Now it's strictly press and press alone.

So whats the point of showcasing all they have when the actual people who play it are not even going to be there.

Alisha
Jul 10, 2007, 05:20 AM

is that so?

Square Enix will also be showing off the latest expansion in its massively multiplayer online game, Final Fantasy XI: Wings of the Goddess. This fourth chapter will introduce a bevy of new content to the Xbox 360, PC, and PS2 versions of the game and is set to go live this winter.

thats for this years E3 btw >_>

Sexy_Raine
Jul 10, 2007, 11:40 AM
There's nothing that says they can't, but since E3 is downsized, they will show less of their lineup. They might show it or might not, there's still time for them to decide.

GutsGO
Jul 10, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-07-10 00:55, Jinto117 wrote:
It only says "Phantasy Star Universe" on the list for Sega's lineup, however, I don't know what else it would be besides the expansion. http://e3.gamespot.com/story.html?sid=6149159&pid=932917&tag=top_stories;title;11

That links to last year's SEGA E3 lineup.

FUFME
Jul 10, 2007, 12:30 PM
People with a Playstation 3, will be able to download a buch of E3 content directly off the Sony store for free

fumatanera
Jul 10, 2007, 12:40 PM
of course advertising always helps, but if you think about it, now that PSU has been out for a while, we ARE the playerbase. the people that no longer play are already familiar with the franchise and so are we. even if they threw a shit-ton of money at AoI, it probably wouldn't result in that many new players. i'm not saying they shouldn't try....

kevington
Jul 10, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-07-10 10:30, FUFME wrote:
People with a Playstation 3, will be able to download a buch of E3 content directly off the Sony store for free

1. What does this have to do with AoI at E3?

2. For the record, this year, like last, 360 users will also get a bunch of downloadable E3 content for free.

Miyuki
Jul 10, 2007, 01:00 PM
LOL

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 01:02 PM
OH GOD, THEY'RE STARTING TO HATE US!

*buys lotsa ice resistant armor for the oncoming eternal christmas*

ShinAnt
Jul 10, 2007, 02:45 PM
On 2007-07-10 10:42, kevington wrote:

On 2007-07-10 10:30, FUFME wrote:

1. What does this have to do with AoI at E3?

2. For the record, this year, like last, 360 users will also get a bunch of downloadable E3 content for free.

Also This year you'll be able to download anything from E3 off any gaming website..FOR FREE!

pikachief
Jul 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
it would be awesome if for the "bringing it home E3" this on the XBL marketplace they can give us an AOI demo ^.^

too bad they wont http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif