PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Cast, whats the best to go, Protranser or Fortegunner?

Rodenbo
Jul 9, 2007, 09:19 PM
Just wondering what you guys think.

HFlowen
Jul 9, 2007, 09:22 PM
You could try both and see what you like.

They share a few weapons.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 9, 2007, 09:23 PM
You're a cast so you get a bonus for being Fortegunner.

Lonzell
ForteGunner. *The few people just stare at Lonzell... as he replies without sarcasm nore flame.*

Almighty_Envy
Fortgunner would be the better class for a cast but it doesnt matter.

Choose what one you wanna be ;]

lethe
Jul 9, 2007, 09:38 PM
im a cast, i went protranser, i kick large quantities of hiney for my lvl, screw everyone saying all CASTs should be gunners, honestly i think we make pretty good protransers , guntecher is another great class for us, if your protranser get a bow and get the dark shot lvl it to 21 and your a huge help against large enemies, get a grenade launcher and lvl the ground shot and you'll own polvahara (big green rhinos) and knock over large 4 legged enemies, get a shotgun with either shock or fire and then the little guys are a breeze, get a spear and dus robado to do great damage in large groups of enemies, axes are all around good for anything once u get protanser to lvl10, laser cannon + PA move Mayalee Prism = enemies knocked over and not gettin up, so protranser is good but u have to stick with it, itll suck in the beginning but it gets better, oh, and did i forget to mention traps =D

pikachief
Jul 9, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-07-09 19:23, Lonzell wrote:
ForteGunner. *The few people just stare at Lonzell... as he replies without sarcasm nore flame.*

im suprised u didnt say A BAY BAY!

anyways casts are good at fortegunner, fighgunner, fortefighter, protransers, and guntechers, so be which ever one u want! (but casts do get a bonus on fortegunner)

DEM_CIG
Jul 10, 2007, 01:06 AM
PT... traps r ur friends

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 10, 2007, 02:00 AM
I would say Fortegunner, I'm a Cast FG and i love it.

Miyoko
Jul 10, 2007, 02:07 AM
Either is a great choice for a Cast, really...

Corran1
Jul 10, 2007, 02:17 AM
fortegunner is more powerful now. When AoI comes out, PT gets all s ranks and new traps. So if you want this character to powerful now, id say fG. Powerful later (and much more rare because its not near full potential now) go PT

Hatemachine
Jul 10, 2007, 02:24 AM
I have a cast PT im working on my suggestion is get the guy set up to be a protranser with the 5 in all traits.

Next level up either ranger or hunter too 10 and go fortegunner or fortefighter and stay that way till you gain a bundle of levels it makes the transition ALOT easier and in the mean time you still get to work a few of the skills PT use.

Also this way you get the chance to see how a Fortegunner plays or to play as a temorary brawler with lottsa HP just do it till your a good high level say bout 50 then switch if so inclined.

Truth be told PT class is a powerhouse they get both good ranged AND good melee as well as traps and level 30 skills in all those heavy weapons but man it's a PAIN when your only 25 trying to fight as A PT so just level up then switch when your ready.

Aralia
Jul 10, 2007, 02:40 AM
Protransers and ForteGunners get access to the same traps.
That being said.. it's all down to..

Do you want to use bows or rifles?
Do you want to use Axes and swords or crossbows and twin handguns?
Do you want to focus more on melee or range?

If you like the first options, choose Protranser, if you like the 2nd.. Choose ForteGunner.

My personal opinion on each is.

Protranser - fun class that integrates the most fun heavy weapons in the game. Nothing feels better than knocking an enemy over with a grenade then rushing in to kick it's ass with an axe or sword.

ForteGunner - A long term character (meaning alot of your time will be put into leveling the bullets you want to maximize efficiency) that can handle any situation with relative --> great ease. Fun because of how much "Pwn" they are made of... but require quite a bit dedication.

I say just go both.. since they share many weapons... >.>
Just split your PA's down with 1/3 of them being melee and 2/3 being ranged and you can't go wrong. Alot of Ranged shots are relativeley useless anyway, or are easily replaced by other weapon's shots.

ashley50
Jul 10, 2007, 03:28 AM
On 2007-07-09 23:06, DEM_CIG wrote:
PT... traps r ur friends

erm...Trap ability were originally from a ForteGunner.

besides, i don't see much difference how Protransers were "Trap Masters"...

anyways...back on topic.
You can try any Jobs as CASTs are good Fighters and Excellent Gunners =)

Rodenbo
Jul 10, 2007, 04:04 AM
Thanks to all that have/are posting in here. I think I'm going to end up going PT but Fortegunner (as I'm already 8 in Ranger) til about level 30 or so. Then get Hunter to 5, then Force (not looking forward to that) to 5 and start "Transing"...lol.

soolayah
Jul 10, 2007, 05:30 AM
i have a 65/10 pt and its loads of fun, i highly recommend it. i love the versatility.
force isnt too bad, its a great opportunity to level the bow bullets. i didnt have a single tech when i was getting my force levels. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
just stay away form melee till you get to pt 5 or something. xD

-Ryuki-
Jul 10, 2007, 05:34 AM
Personally, I say try out both, and see which one YOU like. Us telling you which is "better" would only be our preference.
If you asked me, I'd say go ForteFighter, regardless of that being a choice or not.

amtalx
Jul 10, 2007, 06:35 AM
Strength? Fortegunner
Versatility? Protranser

Realmz
Jul 10, 2007, 06:52 AM
Myst has had a long and strange life. Originally we was to be a Figguner, getting hunter five and ranger 3, i then spent the rest of the time before the patch that would bring us advanced types leveling hunter to 8. When the patch came around, he didn't become a figguner, but instead leveled up ranger to 10 and became a forteGunner. I enjoyed the launcher, and the shotguns and the rifles and all that, but i started to feel rather envious of those hunters with their flashy spins and wot wot. So i got five levels in Force and made him a protranser.

by this time Myst was lv 65 so even any class monsters would still take the same amount of time to kill. Since becoming a force and then a protranser, I discovered my love for Bows, Axes and Swords. Now i can rather effectively fight anything with my heavy Melee or heavy Ranged weapons.

now while I don't see the increase damage from traps (as most of the time i'm running away from the mobs i just set on fire or blew up) it seems to help as things go down quicker, just don't forget to restock on them, it's a killer when you need to kill five large mobs and all you have are some sleep traps

panzer_unit
Jul 10, 2007, 08:53 AM
Over time there's nothing stopping you from leveling both classes... and Fortefighter. Like people have said there are a LOT of weapon classes in common between the two jobs. Maybe you can focus more on guns, learn all the useful shots for your job as a Fortegunner and then pick up just the essential PT melee skills: tornado break, dus daggas, bogga zubba, both axe PA, rising strike. There aren't a lot.

PJ
Jul 10, 2007, 08:57 AM
It'd probably be better to save PT until you're a higher level, unless you enjoy being useless; high class level PTs are good, but during the hellish low levels, you're like, a terrible combination of the Hunter/Ranger BASIC jobs

panzer_unit
Jul 10, 2007, 09:16 AM
Low PT ranks are godawful no matter how high a level you are. You've got to go back to C rank missions regardless, might as well get them over with sooner so you don't have to take a break from whatever high-level lifestyle you develop later on. At least max your ATA so you can use a grenade from the back ranks.

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 07:06 PM
weird...as a PT even at lvl 2 or 3 with Ekaterina, I felt like I was the only one pulling my weight. i was emptying rooms by myself while the rest of the team went a different way and made me wait for them to catch up.

...then again, I had a 26% fire palasara +4 that I used on the kamatose and two alteric +10s >_>

*cough* So my input my not be the best in regards to "her secret mission"

Tita
Jul 10, 2007, 08:10 PM
On 2007-07-09 19:38, lethe wrote:
im a cast, i went protranser, i kick large quantities of hiney for my lvl, screw everyone saying all CASTs should be gunners, honestly i think we make pretty good protransers , guntecher is another great class for us, if your protranser get a bow and get burning shot lvl it to 21 and your a huge help against all enemies, get a grenade launcher and lvl the ground shot and you'll own polvahara (big green rhinos) and knock over large 4 legged enemies, get a shotgun with either shock or fire and then the little guys are a breeze, get a spear and dus robado to do great damage in large groups of enemies, axes are all around good for anything once u get protanser to lvl10, laser cannon + PA move Mayalee Prism = enemies knocked over and not gettin up, so protranser is good but u have to stick with it, itll suck in the beginning but it gets better, oh, and did i forget to mention traps =D

fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

and ditto on recommending going PT first, and as someone mentioned before, it's probably be a good idea to just level up your 'sub' classes in preparation for either class. since you wont be touching wands, level up your bow exclusively when you go force... and level up force last since babyHP and the habit of "hit n run" attacks will be less of a shock when you go to PT 1.

tidbit: PT isn't uber powerful and you wont be able to solo as easily as you would if you were forteG. Also, PT is a GRIND for about 5-6 levels.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tita on 2007-07-10 18:13 ]</font>

Deja
Jul 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
Forte.......
.........................techer

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-07-10 18:10, Tita wrote:

im a cast, i went protranser, i kick large quantities of hiney for my lvl, screw everyone saying all CASTs should be gunners, honestly i think we make pretty good protransers , guntecher is another great class for us, if your protranser get a bow and get burning shot lvl it to 21 and your a huge help against all enemies, get a grenade launcher and lvl the ground shot and you'll own polvahara (big green rhinos) and knock over large 4 legged enemies, get a shotgun with either shock or fire and then the little guys are a breeze, get a spear and dus robado to do great damage in large groups of enemies, axes are all around good for anything once u get protanser to lvl10, laser cannon + PA move Mayalee Prism = enemies knocked over and not gettin up, so protranser is good but u have to stick with it, itll suck in the beginning but it gets better, oh, and did i forget to mention traps =D

and ditto on recommending going PT first, and as someone mentioned before, it's probably be a good idea to just level up your 'sub' classes in preparation for either class. since you wont be touching wands, level up your bow exclusively when you go force... and level up force last since babyHP and the habit of "hit n run" attacks will be less of a shock when you go to PT 1.

tidbit: PT is a lot of fun despite its lower stats and gets better and better every time you lvl up
</font>

Fix'd

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 08:17 PM
you're scaring the kids, deja

Tita
Jul 10, 2007, 08:27 PM
On 2007-07-10 18:15, NIloklives wrote:

On 2007-07-10 18:10, Tita wrote:

tidbit: PT is a lot of fun despite its lower stats and gets better and better every time you lvl up
</font>

Fix'd

no argument here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 10, 2007, 09:08 PM
Do both. I don't see why not.