PDA

View Full Version : Any tips for a newb cast fighunner?

ChronoTrigga
Jul 10, 2007, 05:04 AM
Up until now, I've only used Beast race. I'm pondering the usefulness of what my cast character will be like in the future, but for now here's a list of how my playstyle is with it so far.

Twin Handguns - For anything that flies and shooting De Regan's head.
Current PA's: Ice/Earth/Fire/Shock

Knuckles - The beat-em up toy, tear through the enemies with your almost bare fists.
Current PA's: Bogga Danga - Just hit lvl 11 with this puppy.
I plan on getting the "Uber Punch" PA which knocks em up and only has one combo for the big boys such as Jarba and what not.

Twin Daggers - Rape in the form of twin blades...the tree's in Evil Dead movie would be jealous.
Current PA's: Moubu Seiran-zan - For tearing up groups of enemies with easy turning.
I actually plan on maxing all 3 dagger PA's out so no worries there.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^^^^^^
So far, I use two twin guns, two knucks, and two twin daggers.

In the future however, I will probably have all the PA's for those 3 weapon types maxed out and will begin leveling Dark, Fire, and Light (Confuse) for the x-bows, seeing as how Fighunners will get lvl 30 bullets in the expansion.

And of course, all my melee weapons elements will change depending on area of killing spree.

Any tips or comments?

-Ryuki-
Jul 10, 2007, 05:15 AM
My set-up as a FiGunner is "unique" in the sense of, no one else uses it. Check it:

Double Saber (Spiral Dance)
Twin Saber (Splendor Crush)
Twin Handguns (Shock Bullet)
Twin Handguns (Freeze Bullet/Mayalee Bullet)
Xbow+Saber (Fire Arrows+Gravity Strike)
Xbow+Dagger (Ult Arrows+1st Dagger PA)

Boom boom.

imfanboy
Jul 10, 2007, 05:42 AM
Looks pretty normal to me, Ryuki. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I prefer mechguns over crossbows at this point, but come the expansion they'll probably be about dead even in terms of damage and the mechs will lose on SE.

The only reason I don't like knuckle PAs is because there aren't any knuckles that match my characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif If that were to change, I'd use 'em in a heartbeat, the basic PA and the PA Frag ability are both very nice.

However, your twin handguns or an ice mechgun would deal more damage to a Jarba than Bogga Zubba, the knockup knuckle PA; almost everyone I know who has Zubba never uses it because the windup time renders it useless. Better to level up Assault Crush to that magic 21+ for knockup, and better to use bullets on Jarbas who are both melee and magic resistant.

Twin daggers are good, though I have to say that as far as figunner's option goes, I'd recommend Gravity Dance (the double saber AOE PA) over Renkai Buyou-zan. Renkai gets interrupted too easily and knocks away enemies with the last hit, not something you always want. If you don't like double sabers or if you're synthing on a budget (focusing on only one or two weapon types until you synth good % ones) then I understand perfectly, but in my honest opinion Gravity Dance is better than Renkai for damage, and Tornado Break is much faster for knocking back a whole mob.

I'd level up Rising Strike, the free PA you get from the very first quest. It's quick and vicious for both damage and knockback. Keeping that on your palatte and swapping to it when there are enemies that absolutely HAVE to be on the ground (like Gohmons or whatnot) will be very handy for an aspiring figunner.

You only really need one twin handgun on your palatte, but keep the second one in your inventory in case the PP runs out on your first.

Don't forget about traps. Use Burn G traps on large monsters, such as Kog Nadds and Jarbas. It doesn't matter so much on early levels, but on later levels the big enemies have upwards of 20,000 HP and knocking them down by 20% real fast can be well worth it. Also, keep confuse G traps handy; confusing spellcasters like Vanda, Gohmon, and Gazorans means that their deadly spells pass right through you. Poison G's aren't as good as Burn G's, but they're better than nothing. Make sure that no one else in the party is using a DoT SE before you start dropping Poison G's, though; they overwrite other DoTs and do a LOT less damage. You can get booted for crap like that.

Uhhh... elemental %s matter more than any amount of stars or stats on armor. For armor, get a Gigaline and a Teroline as soon as possible. You want extra slots for your SUVs.

oh well, I'm going to sleep now. Hope this helped.

Freshellent
Jul 10, 2007, 06:17 AM
There's going to be a whole lot of debate going on here very soon.
The only thing I will say is don't be afraid to add Twin Sabers to your pallet,they offer great PA's and Splendor Crush make Caseals swoon.

I prefer mechs as well, Xbows are great,but I'd rather apply SE's with traps if at all. I use mechs to Maylee Fury Dolva's Jarba's etc. Mechs do wonders on Jarbas/Bats(goghs' etc.)

It's good to see a Figh using something other than Doubles,Fists are what I stuck with for a long time. Fun PA's,since capping them I haven't touched them in a while.

Good Luck,enjoy yourself. We got new A rank SUV's. Nice damage from them,as long as you have the A rank armor with extra slots to use em that is.