PDA

View Full Version : An odd morning.

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 10:41 AM
Well, I met like 4 new players this morning, so I helped them out, one of them thought the only missions you could do were story missions.. The others just wanted people to party with xD

Then, the odd part. Now, I understand how scary the whole hacking thing can be, but I met someone who brought uptight to a new level... I won't mention any names, but I asked If I could borrow this person so that I could perform the club glitch to sit in with Ryuki while I slept. And, she is like okay, what do you need. I tell her to sit in front of the club so I can do the glitch to open the door. She freaks out on me and says:
'No, your going to hack me! I heard that I'll get stuck and you'll take me items! I should report you!'

I was just immediately awestruck by this, but it doesn't end there. I replied 'No no, It's simply a glitch that lets people walk through the door there, if anyone got stuck, I would, and even then, I wouldn't lose my items'

I then said 'You don't have to help me, but I just wanted to let you know not to fall prey to peoples lies'

Reply: 'I will report you for harassment if you don't stop! Hack or otherwise I don't want to.'

My response. 'I know, I just said that, I just wanted you to not hate me, afterall, there isn't much of a reason...'

'I am just cautious. Have fun. Goodbye'

Dude, like, I don't know if anyone else finds this odd, but thats just a bit intense. 'I'll get stuck and you'll steal my items!'

>.>

Midicronica
Jul 10, 2007, 10:47 AM
Haha! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Damn, I've seen some uptight people in my days, but damn.

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I'm waiting to see her reaction now that Im in it... I hope she walks by.

Eligaz
Jul 10, 2007, 11:14 AM
Woha, now that's one person that needs to chill a bit. I fail to see how what you said could be considered harassing. XD Maybe this person was just playing a dumb joke on you. But still..wow. You just asked if she could hold a door open. >_< That's as harmless it gets.

But on the other hand, it's a shame people have to be scared like this. :/

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 11:25 AM
I would've reacted the same way as this person did. You can't be too cautious. Just because you wanted to perform what is known here as a harmless "glitch", if this person were uninformed about it, they have every right to be cautious.

"Hey, just drop some money and I can "glitch" it to double it..."

"Hey, just stand here so I can "glitch" into this club."

If you would've asked me to do this, I would've reacted the same way. ESPECIALLY since this person is new and you were being so nice to them by helping out. Think about your actions. If you step out and look at them, they are very suspicious.

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-07-10 09:25, JAFO22000 wrote:
I would've reacted the same way as this person did. You can't be too cautious. Just because you wanted to perform what is known here as a harmless "glitch", if this person were uninformed about it, they have every right to be cautious.

"Hey, just drop some money and I can "glitch" it to double it..."

"Hey, just stand here so I can "glitch" into this club."

If you would've asked me to do this, I would've reacted the same way. ESPECIALLY since this person is new and you were being so nice to them by helping out. Think about your actions. If you step out and look at them, they are very suspicious.

This person wasn't the new person I was helping, I merely ran up to her... which is a bit odd XD. Further more, someone made up some bogus story to scare her.. The only thing that worried me is the way she reacted to me when I basically said 'Ok, but to let you know, someone lied to you.'

Lol, I can understand her, but she was cautious in a way that is a bit scary..

'OH MY GOD, YOU SHOOK MY HAND! *Jumps into bathtub of bleach and cleanses self with razor*'

Lol.

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 11:32 AM
If you do not know who to believe, believe nobody. Again, I don't know of this "glitch" (I'm on 360), but if someone asked me to help them do it, I wouldn't help them and probably would report them for exploiting this glitch.

Why do you need to "sit with Ryuki while you sleep" anyway? ST should find all of the people exploiting this glitch and suspend...THAT would be funny!

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-07-10 09:32, JAFO22000 wrote:
If you do not know who to believe, believe nobody. Again, I don't know of this "glitch" (I'm on 360), but if someone asked me to help them do it, I wouldn't help them and probably would report them for exploiting this glitch.

Why do you need to "sit with Ryuki while you sleep" anyway? ST should find all of the people exploiting this glitch and suspend...THAT would be funny!

Ouuch... harsh. Cruel sense of humor, dude. It's a perfectly harmless thing, it's a place to go that alot of people know about, but can't get into.. And I don't 'need to sit with Ryuki while I sleep' but It's just ... fun.

Its just a fun thing to do, without harming anybody.. I mean, it's not like everytime anyone does this, PSUGod breaks an S rank board >.>

Edit: I forgot to mention, I do not know if it's on the 360 or not, which may be why you've not heard of it... I would say try it, but you appear against such things, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-07-10 09:36 ]</font>

Lyrix
Jul 10, 2007, 11:43 AM
wow, reporting someone for exploiting a glitch that locks you in a hallway O.o harsh

and gryff likes to sit with men while he sleeps XD

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I don't think I will be trying this. And I don't think this is "available" on the 360 version as I have never heard anyone talking of it nor have I seen anyone actually doing it.

As for the person's reaction to you, I can't see how you're surprised by it. I'd be paranoid on those servers as well.

This situation is similar to being in the bad part of town and having someone whom you don't know come up to you and asks for help "opening" a door in the alley with a crowbar...it's alright, because he lives in this building but just forgot his key! "Perfectly harmless, I just need you to crack the door a bit while I get this crowbar in there. I do it all the time!".

When you're on a hacked to hell server and ask someone you don't know to do something that seems strange (I believe this person was ignorant of this glitch), expect that kind of reaction. Again, I know I would've reacted the same way.

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah. I understand, It's all good, It just caught me off-guard XD

LS_Aksion
Jul 10, 2007, 11:59 AM
heh now THATS an odd story for the scrap book. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

jayster
Jul 10, 2007, 12:07 PM
On 2007-07-10 09:55, JAFO22000 wrote:
Yeah, I don't think I will be trying this. And I don't think this is "available" on the 360 version as I have never heard anyone talking of it nor have I seen anyone actually doing it.

As for the person's reaction to you, I can't see how you're surprised by it. I'd be paranoid on those servers as well.

This situation is similar to being in the bad part of town and having someone whom you don't know come up to you and asks for help "opening" a door in the alley with a crowbar...it's alright, because he lives in this building but just forgot his key! "Perfectly harmless, I just need you to crack the door a bit while I get this crowbar in there. I do it all the time!".

When you're on a hacked to hell server and ask someone you don't know to do something that seems strange (I believe this person was ignorant of this glitch), expect that kind of reaction. Again, I know I would've reacted the same way.

I think it used to work for the 360, not sure if it still does. I just remember my friends talking about how they had done it and something about needing a level 1 character.

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-07-10 09:55, JAFO22000 wrote:

I'm on PS2 and I just heard about this glitch this morning...it doesn't mean it was just discovered..x.X your finger may not be as close to the pulse as you think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-10 10:14 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 12:26 PM
The "pulse"?? I hardly call glitching a door to sit inside a locked area to be noteworthy news. I guess by staying away from the nerds, I'm not a part of the "in-crowd". Boo fucking hoo.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 10, 2007, 12:27 PM
dammit already, the server isn't hacked to hell. Previous to this one day incident, when was the last time anyone saw or interacted with any hackers? Dammit all people, it's getting annoying.

Secondly, definitely a person that needs to loosen up some.

THE JACKEL

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-07-10 10:26, JAFO22000 wrote:
The "pulse"?? I hardly call glitching a door to sit inside a locked area to be noteworthy news. I guess by staying away from the nerds, I'm not a part of the "in-crowd". Boo fucking hoo.

calm down. I just meant that it could still be happening even if you haven't heard of it.

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 12:34 PM
Well, that just shows that hacking still can be done on these servers. Just because it isn't rampant doesn't mean your servers are "unhackable" now. Those people have just moved on to other things, or they have gotten smart and only hack things in for themselves now, a little at a time.

You don't think the servers will start getting hacked up again upon the release of AoI?

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 12:41 PM
Only time will tell...if they do as much with security as they've done now, it will certainly not be mainstream. hopefully they adopt a program better than game guard.

MayLee
Jul 10, 2007, 12:47 PM
You should have told her you already took her items while you were speaking to her..<.<

I love when people get like this..

Although it is very sad how people can ruin it for others. I cannot beleive hacking got out of hand. Is it really that important to have 99 mil?
Some shiny ranked weapons makes people sleep good at night?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-10 10:50 ]</font>

ChyronType0
Jul 10, 2007, 12:47 PM
DTA- Don't TRUST Anyone!!!

-Crokar-
Jul 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
i believe that paranoia is the only thing that makes this game interesting anymore

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-07-10 10:26, JAFO22000 wrote:

Dude, are you sleep deprived? I've kept my cool, and I will continue to, but don't you think your a bit cranky here?

Take some Ny-quil, a long nap, and wake up and have pancakes... seriously.

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-07-10 10:47, ChyronType0 wrote:
DTA- Don't TRUST Anyone!!!

Word.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 10, 2007, 12:51 PM
On 2007-07-10 10:34, JAFO22000 wrote:
Well, that just shows that hacking still can be done on these servers. Just because it isn't rampant doesn't mean your servers are "unhackable" now. Those people have just moved on to other things, or they have gotten smart and only hack things in for themselves now, a little at a time.

You don't think the servers will start getting hacked up again upon the release of AoI?

I know they won't because the people who use to do it don't want to play PSU anymore.

Hell, I know of people that can still hack in weapons, hack weapon percents, duplicate meseta... but even the people currently playing the game can't get them to come back. The people who want to hack the game, can't get them to come back.

And it's not like 360 is unhackable either.

I never claimed the servers were unhackable, but most of the people actively doing it, don't really do anything harmful(float, run through walls etc).

That doesn't change how paranoid this person is, for no good reason.

THE JACKEL

Ryoki
Jul 10, 2007, 02:15 PM
Wow....

And I thought I had temper problems...

>.>

All Gryff was doing was telling a story, jesus.

This is why I hang out in FKL, so I don't have to deal with these "noobgunner" and "OMFG hacker" arguments.

I mean, seriously...

JAFO22000
Jul 10, 2007, 02:17 PM
On 2007-07-10 12:15, Ryoki wrote:
Wow....

And I thought I had temper problems...

>.>

All Gryff was doing was telling a story, jesus.

This is why I hang out in FKL, so I don't have to deal with these "noobgunner" and "OMFG hacker" arguments.

I mean, seriously...

You just missed the whole point, didn't you?

chibiLegolas
Jul 10, 2007, 02:25 PM
Actually, with such a surprising reaction like that, sounds like that person just got off from some other online game with bad similiar experiences. And wanted to try PSU for a change of pace.

NO ONE should have such a strong response like that (especially since you're still a newbie with nothing worth stealing for). Unless they're talking from experience from some other game.
Just throwing out ideas...

Sydz
Jul 10, 2007, 02:26 PM
"Starting to think like us, huh? Be careful. Paranoia's a drug; you can get
addicted."
- Stanton Dowd, Deus Ex

AweOfShe
Jul 10, 2007, 02:30 PM
blah blah blah hacks hacks hacks

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/16010231/245281858.jpghttp://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/16010231/245281858.jpghttp://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL167/1964118/16010231/245281858.jpg

Johnny_Future
Jul 10, 2007, 04:29 PM
Some of you think it's like when you're racing, yes? The essence is the modification, called illegal by the filth, that we all do to keep it going rock and roll style.

But in games like this, Johnny Future keeps it legal, because that's the community.

Dig?

So the squares here are the cats looking to have others modify for them! Not the other way 'round.

Sing it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Johnny_Future on 2007-07-10 14:30 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jul 10, 2007, 05:14 PM
Well I think I would've been a little suspicious myself also.

Wait I thought the club glitch was discovered on the 360 demo first.