PDA

View Full Version : What do you miss?

Cort1984
Jul 10, 2007, 04:36 PM
What do you miss from the older games? I miss my Ancient saber and my soul banish.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 10, 2007, 04:39 PM
I miss people that play PSU for PSU

THE JACKEL

HiroSan
Jul 10, 2007, 04:39 PM
Tsumikiri J-Sword for me...But i think like...everybody loved that weapon, so my choice isn't so special -_- OH and Black King Bar too :]

Mwabwetumba
Jul 10, 2007, 04:40 PM
I dearly miss the ability for forces to fire off techniques whilst wielding a melee weapon.
Fortunately, AotI will solve this perfectly with the introduction of Madoogs. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mayu
Jul 10, 2007, 04:41 PM
Soul Eater/banisher

Lavis Cannon

Heavens Punisher

Theres more but I rather not list 6^

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2007, 04:48 PM
Hmm. I guess everything I missed is coming back for the most part in AoI, so uh.... >.>;

Packrat
Jul 10, 2007, 04:52 PM
I don't miss anything, I only played PSO for like a week before I quit in disgust. Fortunately PSU is different in a good way ^_^

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2007, 04:56 PM
My Standstill Shield... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Para
Jul 10, 2007, 04:58 PM
Rupika, Vivienne, Spread Needle, Frozen Shooter

Sychosis
Jul 10, 2007, 05:00 PM
Zan TECHNIC series http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Midicronica
Jul 10, 2007, 05:01 PM
Yas 7k and 9k, Zanba, Standstill Shield, and my Caduceus (the only rare force weapons I found on my Pinkal FOnewm)

Freshellent
Jul 10, 2007, 05:06 PM
Telepipes. Picture type emotes. Prettier weapons in general. Slicers (thank god for AoI)

Casts that look like Kireek. Photon Blasts.

Most of all. Timed button presses.

ThEoRy
Jul 10, 2007, 05:10 PM
red slicer

holy ray

red saber

aincent saber

gizonde

gifoi

Dark Falz

C bringers rifle

red handgun

lavis cannon

King Bar

pan arms blade

timed combos

telepipe

photon chairs

etc

etc

etc

gundam0079
Jul 10, 2007, 05:10 PM
everything........enough said.

AeraLure
Jul 10, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-07-10 15:06, Icespike wrote:
Telepipes. Picture type emotes. Prettier weapons in general. Slicers (thank god for AoI)

Casts that look like Kireek. Photon Blasts.

Most of all. Timed button presses.

All of these things. Most especially the timed button press combos. They made HUs and RAs more fun for me. Nice list you put together since I find it pretty much spot on.

Also:

The little scenery details like a butterfly here or there, or the room behind the waterfall, rainbow room. There were so many of them.

The NPC quests. It made doing areas over and over more fun when you could mix it up and do it with an NPC and have different mob layouts and enemy counts/mixes.

Saito S
Jul 10, 2007, 05:23 PM
Demo Comet, Slicers (they were never even one of my most used weapons, but somehow I miss them anyway...lol), Holy Ray, a few other weaps...
DEFINATELY casting and slashing, but as with Slicers, AoI is taking care of that.
Timed button presses, yeah...but I have to admit, PSU's combat is so much fun with all the crazy PA moves and strafing and everything that I find myself "forgetting" that I miss timed attacks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And that's only in reference to melee combat...quite frankly, I find gun combat to be 100% better in PSU.
Photon Chairs!! Those things were cool http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Having said all that, I am perfectly happy with the state of PSU at the moment.

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2007, 05:24 PM
I guess I'd have to agree with everything thus far >_>;

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 10, 2007, 05:28 PM
Sange & Yasha
Orochi Agito
Sinow Beat's Blade
Grass Assassin's Sabers
Del Saber's Buster
Lavis Cannon

AlphaDragoon
Jul 10, 2007, 05:30 PM
- My untekked Lavis Cannon. My God, that thing owned all.

- Weapons dropping instead of boards and materials.

- Light/heavy attacks.

- Magic without a stupid effing wand in your hand.

Kion
Jul 10, 2007, 05:31 PM
twin mechguns

Weeaboolits
Jul 10, 2007, 05:32 PM
Sparkly melee wands! D;

Zorafim
Jul 10, 2007, 05:50 PM
I miss numans mostly. Damn they were cool.
I miss melee/mage hybrids, as well. Nothing like casting Saner, and doubleslashing next turn.
I miss the apocalyptic worlds. Trudging through a desert, or walking through a snowstorm.
I also missed the creepy enemy lifeforms. Fighting creatures that are only technically alive, yet have a huge array of attacks.
I miss the stylistic art and music. You could tell there was real creativity behind each character and level, even NPCs and overworlds.
I miss the low quality weapons made from spare parts, leading up to high quality weapons made by ancient civilizations.
I miss the sheer destruction the villains made, and the sacrifices the heros made to counteract them. They destroyed an entire planet, how is that not awesome?

Oh yeah, and PSO was kinda cool too.

Weeaboolits
Jul 10, 2007, 05:59 PM
I miss the dark creatures, the PSU ones aren't nearly as cool. Also, the reskins are far too blatant. ._.

I also miss small flying enemies, such as mothmant and canadine.

Allison_W
Jul 10, 2007, 06:01 PM
My Soul Eater.

Rafoie with a point of origin centered on the target (I srsly hope they bring this one back as Nosfoie or something).

My FOmarl.

The rockstar getups, denim shirts, all sorts of other crazy shit HUnewearls got to wear. (OK, OK, some of the outfits were kind of streetwalkery.)

A bulk of the rare weapons being usable by most or all types, as opposed to just one or two specific ones.

The gorgeous environments and ambient music.

Dammit, now I kind of regret not sticking with BB back when I had the chance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I hope we get an Eps I, II, & IV compilation for stuff like offline multiplayer and sweet nostalgia when BB finally bites it, but alas, I'm certain it will not be.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 10, 2007, 06:08 PM
melee weapon specials.
store weapons with hit
*materials*
add slots
melee weapons with MST requirements.
DFP that worked
shields (especially elemental shields)
god/luck
Trap vision
free traps for casts
4 person parties

Zorafim
Jul 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
It's funny, you'd think that 6 person parties would be an improvement, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Lyrix
Jul 10, 2007, 06:30 PM
i just want weaps to drop instead of retarded mats >.>

i never have liked making my equipment

Ryno
Jul 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
.....................was there another one of these topics that was close to it

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=147197&forum=20&50

........ well here we go again..LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-07-10 16:33 ]</font>

MrPOW
Jul 10, 2007, 06:42 PM
I miss dynamic music. That's pretty much it.

Zorafim
Jul 10, 2007, 06:53 PM
Come to think about it, I miss dodging attacks. Due to PAs, and the fact that enemies refused to be stunned, I can't seem to do that well anymore. In PSO, the combat was based off of dodging attacks, even if the enemy couldn't be stunned.
It's nice throwing around enemies and being thrown around, but I don't want my entire combat session to be based off of that.

PJ
Jul 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-07-10 15:59, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I miss the dark creatures, the PSU ones aren't nearly as cool. Also, the reskins are far too blatant. ._.

Girtablublu? XD (Love that name, it's just... that was the most obvious reskin in the existance of time)

What I miss? I miss when everyone thought PSO was "the" shit (As in, you know, shit), and now they're treating it like it's a god damn gem of glorious glory. Like when everyone seemed to conveniently forget that the PSO costumes were crap...

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 10, 2007, 07:10 PM
I miss all the sweet rares and the free roam ability!

Chuck_Norris
Jul 10, 2007, 07:21 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:39, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
I miss people that play PSU for PSU

THE JACKEL

Quoted For truth.

Kaloa
Jul 10, 2007, 08:35 PM
I miss joining a party mid-mission and not being penalized for it.

Gryffin
Jul 10, 2007, 08:38 PM
The weapons.

Im not complaining though. I love PSU. XD I just wanted to be involved.

Weeaboolits
Jul 10, 2007, 08:46 PM
On 2007-07-10 17:02, PJ wrote:

On 2007-07-10 15:59, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I miss the dark creatures, the PSU ones aren't nearly as cool. Also, the reskins are far too blatant. ._.Girtablublu? XD (Love that name, it's just... that was the most obvious reskin in the existance of time)

What I miss? I miss when everyone thought PSO was "the" shit (As in, you know, shit), and now they're treating it like it's a god damn gem of glorious glory. Like when everyone seemed to conveniently forget that the PSO costumes were crap...1) Girtablublu?

2) I'm one of the peeps that always thought PSO was astounding. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, I miss unique weapons, such as ones that used one weapons animation, but another's function (ie: spread needle).

Sinue_v2
Jul 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
Shields

It would have been nice to have a variety of shields that you could equip on your off hand. They wouldn't add to your defense initially. Instead, you would have to active them to raise the shield. This wouldn't hinder your movement, but would prevent you from casting techics or attacking while the shield is raised. Of course you would still receive (reduced) damage even while the shield is raised and they would be unusable with 2-handed weapons like Rods, Axes, Dual Sabers, etc. Also - Rangers would probably be completely exempt from using shields. Shields could protect against different attacks better than other. Tenora Shields would have a bigger defence against physical attacks, weaker against magic. Yomei, better against Magic attacks - less so against melee. Of course, GRM would be a intermediary between the two - and of course they could be synthed with elemental properties.

Also, I'd like to see a return and proliferation of non-photon weapons. Return to the more traditional Guns and Swords of the older games - including some of the PSO weapons like Last Survivor, Yasminkov, Sange & Yasha, etc which could be cool and unique without looking like props from a rave concert.

Also, get rid of PSU's art designers and storyline writers. Get someone in there who's inspired. Personally, I'd like to see Rieko and Tohru make a return - as I trust their collaborated work together after playing and immensely enjoying Phantasy Star IV and Skies of Arcadia.

ThEoRy
Jul 10, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-07-10 16:53, Zorafim wrote:
Come to think about it, I miss dodging attacks. Due to PAs, and the fact that enemies refused to be stunned, I can't seem to do that well anymore. In PSO, the combat was based off of dodging attacks, even if the enemy couldn't be stunned.
It's nice throwing around enemies and being thrown around, but I don't want my entire combat session to be based off of that.

You can still dodge just the same on PSU.

Well, without that whole I gotta walk really slowly for about 4 steps and THEN break into a run.

What we really need, as I've said many times b4, is a dodge button. Gimme a diving roll or a spinning sidestep. Something. NPCs can do it. It is in the game. Why can't we sonic team?

FengShui
Jul 10, 2007, 09:09 PM
I miss alot about PSO but I tell you what I don't miss, endless runs of Lost HEAT SWORD looking for Handgun:Milla...

Zorafim
Jul 10, 2007, 09:50 PM
On 2007-07-10 19:04, Octagon wrote:
You can still dodge just the same on PSU.

You can, but the enemy still hits you. They kinda do that when half their attacks either home on to you, or always hit in the situations they use them.

On 2007-07-10 17:02, PJ wrote:
and now they're treating it like it's a god damn gem of glorious glory.

It was a god damn gem of glorious glory. I knew that from the start, as does nearly everyone I force to play it.
Of course, this is PSOGC. I can't speak for PSODC.

On 2007-07-10 19:04, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Shields

Seconded.

Also, I'd like to see a return and proliferation of non-photon weapons.

Seconded.

Also, get rid of PSU's art designers and storyline writers. Get someone in there who's inspired.

Seconded.

Deus-Irae
Jul 10, 2007, 09:58 PM
Challenge Mode

KidoKresh
Jul 10, 2007, 10:19 PM
Black King Bar(monkey King also)
The Scythe(forgot name)
Yasminkov shotgun(also forgot that ones name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Mayu
Jul 10, 2007, 10:20 PM
On 2007-07-10 20:19, KidoKresh wrote:
Black King Bar(monkey King also)
Soul Eater/ Soul Banisher
Yasminkov shotgun(also forgot that ones name http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif couldn't do shotgun o.o

Niloklives
Jul 11, 2007, 12:16 AM
that was the yazminkov7000v which actually fired more like a rifle and was much faster than a shotgun. but seeing as how it was so similar to the 3000R, i didn't see much point in it

Jakosifer
Jul 11, 2007, 12:24 AM
Soul Banish, Daylight Scar, Bloody Art, and Blade Dance...This games Daggers fail in comparison to those. ;;>_>

And Soul Eater/Banish were just wicked looking.

I also miss the dynamic music. I hate looped music so much. -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-07-11 21:30 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Jul 11, 2007, 01:30 AM
On 2007-07-10 14:52, Packrat wrote:
I don't miss anything, I only played PSO for like a week before I quit in disgust. Fortunately PSU is different in a good way ^_^

Than why does your tag say PSO assassin?

________
Honda VF400F (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_VF400F)

ShawnLeeGuku
Jul 11, 2007, 01:40 AM
The only thing I really miss is tne Dark Flow...

The rest would be nice to have, but I don't need it.

Kinfante
Jul 11, 2007, 09:13 PM
I miss all the fun times my friends and I would sit in one small room for several hours playing, making the room smell like.....AJ!

And, my fonewm hat and goggles!

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 12, 2007, 01:44 AM
I miss the nice sci-fi atmosphere that permeated Pioneer II. And for some reason I miss that cheesy HUmar outfit.

Jakosifer
Jul 12, 2007, 01:45 AM
I also miss the dynamic music from PSO, this looped crap is irritating. It makes the HIVES ten times more annoying than it should be.

Cz
Jul 12, 2007, 01:46 AM
i miss how there was no level cap back in PSOBB days...the sweetness of seeing exp. all the time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aralia
Jul 12, 2007, 03:41 AM
Personally... I just miss being a hune..
Magic + Melee = Fun (Thank god for madoogs making WT more like this in AoI.)

Also... TTF... Boss battle time attack FTW!

chibiLegolas
Jul 12, 2007, 12:31 PM
Various C-Mode stages.
Better, stadegy designed stages + mobs
Puzzle elements to bosses.
Cadeceus
My precious charge vulcans with hit %.
FOmar's hat with bells hanging off
My pretty, but less popular mag collection:
Ribhava
http://www.pso-world.com/magguide/ribhava.gif
Sita
http://www.pso-world.com/magguide/sita.gif
etc.

Photon Blast combos. (is it too crazy to link it to SUV combos? I don't think so).
And yes, TIMED BUTTON COMBO'S!

Notos
Jul 12, 2007, 01:10 PM
On 2007-07-12 10:31, chibiLegolas wrote:
Photon Blast combos. (is it too crazy to link it to SUV combos? I don't think so).

You mean like Voltron?

ZodiacNKnight
Jul 12, 2007, 01:15 PM
Gogo ball

chibiLegolas
Jul 12, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-07-12 11:10, Notos wrote:

On 2007-07-12 10:31, chibiLegolas wrote:

You mean like Voltron?

lol. Not quite. For those who don't remember, Photon Blast combos as in timed/chaining them off from other players to multiply their damage/heal aspects.
I personally think that would be pretty cool if included in PSU. To save your SUV and timing it right within that small time frame, WHILE having other casts in your party isn't a garantee. So it doesn't sound that cheesy in my mind. (as long as they get rid of that multiple saved SUV glitch). And would be cool to reward those who can pull these off in game.

Same with chaining nanoblasts in some way.