PDA

View Full Version : *pokes server* um..hello? I think it died..er, wait it's bac

Kietrinia
Jul 10, 2007, 04:46 PM
Server just kicked me out, can't log back in, and the website is down.

Sad day http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kietrinia on 2007-07-10 14:50 ]</font>

Aka
Jul 10, 2007, 04:47 PM
Good, it's not just me then...

Almighty_Envy
Jul 10, 2007, 04:48 PM
Me to, i was just about to pick up a carrugain rucar, a black heart, 99mil meseta, and a halarod.

But seriously, just at the end of a run on my alt and i lost connection.

Im sad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kietrinia
Jul 10, 2007, 04:49 PM
Okay, I can log back in again. Happy day. ^-^

Mayu
ty for the info lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Almighty_Envy
Is it 360 as well?

Im on pc/ps2

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
Ho-ho! You are correct sir!

(but I still can't log back in >_<;;)

BaconZero
Jul 10, 2007, 04:50 PM
lol, i got kicked when i was just about to finish the last story mission for online...had to do it three times... :/

Syl
Jul 10, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hm, I guess I need to check this out <.<

Kietrinia
Jul 10, 2007, 04:52 PM
Guess it was just a router for some of us. There's a CAST in Ohtoku City that's been AFK by the parts shop and she's still there.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 10, 2007, 04:52 PM
I wish i woulda taken a screenie of me soloing falkis S in 5 mins.

You know that if you do that you can pick any 4 items in the game ;]

Time to log back in and complain about ST http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

BaconZero
Jul 10, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:52, Almighty_Envy wrote:

Time to log back in and complain about ST http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

5 mins? dang man, that must be fun! XD

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah, back up again. This isn't the first time ST booted a select group of people at the same time >.>;

VanHalen
Jul 10, 2007, 05:01 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:57, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:
Yeah, back up again. This isn't the first time ST booted a select group of people at the same time >.>;

It's like a reality show I tell ya.

Dragwind
Jul 10, 2007, 05:13 PM
Blasphemy, yes?

VanHalen
Jul 10, 2007, 05:14 PM
Indeed.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 10, 2007, 05:23 PM
On 2007-07-10 14:54, BaconZero wrote:

On 2007-07-10 14:52, Almighty_Envy wrote:

5 mins? dang man, that must be fun! XD

Yeah it is fun, My Sonic PM and i did it.

CelestialBlade
Jul 10, 2007, 06:09 PM
You done got voted off the island.

Tykwa
Jul 10, 2007, 06:12 PM
I was in my room once, and me and a few other people got booted out and the room seletion (crystal) was replaced with world or somthing...
and there were about 8 of us standing there at the crystal at some unknown universe

Almighty_Envy
Jul 10, 2007, 07:27 PM
lol, sounds like a maintenance thing.

Kylie
Jul 10, 2007, 07:44 PM
It happened to me earlier, and when I got back on, I saw that none of the friends I was with got kicked... Is it possible that maybe it only got people in certain regions because the friends I was with all live in the North.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2007-07-10 17:45 ]</font>

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 07:53 PM
if you got booted it's because you touch yourself...

But seriously...sega seems to check people's data routinely and kicks you when its your turn. I've gotten DCed notified it was a host side drop then when I log back in a few minutes later, everyone's still standing there wondering where I went.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 10, 2007, 08:29 PM
Routine checks, you are correct.

I used to get kicked alot for them but i rarely do any more.

Also

It seems that later today a second cluster of people were kicked.

Mass check ups on people? Or Hack checks?

You decide ;o

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 08:39 PM
yeah...likely steppping up their game after this recent scare...

Reipard
Jul 10, 2007, 09:46 PM
Are you telling me you honestly, truthfully think that Sega would intentionally kick you off of the game at random to 'check your data'?

Mayu
Jul 10, 2007, 09:48 PM
- - This will happen to one of you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

- - S2 Relics , You clear a room you see a [B]!!! And omg it's a Psycho wand [b] http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Once you try to pick it up

-- Requested to be disconnected by the server

Reipard
Jul 10, 2007, 09:49 PM
'Disconnected at the Request of the Server' means that your connection dropped you, pretty much. It's their standard D/C message for some reason.

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-07-10 19:46, Reipard wrote:
Are you telling me you honestly, truthfully think that Sega would intentionally kick you off of the game at random to 'check your data'?

They do it.

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 09:51 PM
You'd think so except it happens to more than one person at a time in different parts of the country or the globe. They really DO check your character data.

Mayu
Jul 10, 2007, 09:52 PM
for ''hacks!!!!'' uh oh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

( They actually do lol <.< I think http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif)

Reipard
Jul 10, 2007, 09:53 PM
People get disconnected from games at any time, during any season, from any part of the world.

To check your data is probably a couple of select queries to a database, which doesn't even interact with your character data. It's ridiculous to think they'd intentionally disconnect you for something like that.

Niloklives
Jul 10, 2007, 09:58 PM
the DCs are systematic...you don't have to believe me. in fact whether you believe me or not is of very little consequence. I'm fully aware that a proper system shouldn't even cause you to lag for a split second...I used to build networks. but this is ST...I'll leave it at that.

Reipard
Jul 10, 2007, 10:05 PM
the DCs are systematic...you don't have to believe me. in fact whether you believe me or not is of very little consequence. I'm fully aware that a proper system shouldn't even cause you to lag for a split second...I used to build networks. but this is ST...I'll leave it at that.

I don't think it's a matter of me believing you. It's that you, and no offense is meant by this, appear to be deciding something out of ignorance.

When my network used to have bandwidth issues, I got 'Disconnected at the Request of the Server' all the time. So, because I got 'Disconnected at the Request of the Server', was it Sega pwning me because my connection was slow? Of course not. It's just their standard D/C message.

It's not an intentional disconnect. You riddle me this: Why would they need to disconnect you to check your character data? What about the process do you think would necessitate that you be kicked off the server?

Niloklives
Jul 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
they may not want your data to be altered while they rummage. as I said, they shouldn't have to do that to check anything...but people get DCed like this in waves. that alone is fishy to me. It's more than that, but since it's mainly hearsay, I can hardly prove anything out right. like I said, you don't have to believe me...

WolfBlade
Jul 11, 2007, 12:35 AM
happen to me twice 2day, takes a long time to before im DC

Almighty_Envy
Jul 11, 2007, 12:44 AM
On 2007-07-10 20:05, Reipard wrote:
It's not an intentional disconnect. You riddle me this: Why would they need to disconnect you to check your character data? What about the process do you think would necessitate that you be kicked off the server?

To make sure that your data will not get corrupted.

Think of it this way, they cant look into your data while your using it. They can only look at what your doing.

Doesn't make sense?

more~

While your using your data they cannot read your character itself. They cant see whats in your inventory without disconnecting you, they can only see what your doing.

But exactly as stated before; We cant give hard evidence. So instead of saying your wrong, find proof that we/I/they/he are/is wrong.

Reipard
Jul 11, 2007, 08:49 AM
To make sure that your data will not get corrupted.

Think of it this way, they cant look into your data while your using it. They can only look at what your doing.

Doesn't make sense?

Not particularly; that's not how a database works at all.

more~

While your using your data they cannot read your character itself. They cant see whats in your inventory without disconnecting you, they can only see what your doing.

But exactly as stated before; We cant give hard evidence. So instead of saying your wrong, find proof that we/I/they/he are/is wrong.

Again, to Sega your characters, items and so on are nothing more than random rows in a database table. They can look at it while you're still playing and it will not affect you in the least. And even if that row is being constantly updated (which is unlikely, anyway) it would not affect it; you can query out rows in a table while it's still being deleted and retrieve it just fine without affecting the delete.

Reipard
Jul 11, 2007, 08:54 AM
they may not want your data to be altered while they rummage.

Not an issue. When you query a row out of a table you get it exactly as it was when you queried it. If they have an illegal item or something at the time they query that row, it will show up. And they most likely have a tracking log of what items you've picked up, most likely also stored in a table.

as I said, they shouldn't have to do that to check anything...but people get DCed like this in waves. that alone is fishy to me. It's more than that, but since it's mainly hearsay, I can hardly prove anything out right. like I said, you don't have to believe me...

If you can't prove it, then why are you trying to? If the login issue was any indication, they're probably having some server problems right now that might or might not be completely unrelated to the Ryuk incident. This stuff can happen totally at random at the most inopportune time without valid or adequate reason.

And for that matter, if they had to disconnect you to 'check your data', they wouldn't do it more than one time during that session; it's not good customer service to piss people off. Theoretically, were they doing that they would output all the data to a file so they can look it over without further disturbing the character.

Kietrinia
Jul 11, 2007, 09:44 AM
..what have you guys done to my poor topic? XD

Almighty_Envy
Jul 11, 2007, 11:15 AM
So um Reipard, can you prove it?

Didnt think so.

Reipard
Jul 11, 2007, 12:12 PM
So um Reipard, can you prove it?

Didnt think so.

*rolleyes* I see you've run out of argument.

I cannot ultimately prove their policies as I do not work for Sega, but I do know how a database works and have managed users in one. So suffice to say, I am much more familiar with managing users in a database and can make more accurate conjecture.

I am certain Sega does not randomly disconnect users to check their data. As that is a needlessly stupid and incredibly inefficient way to manage your users.

Reipard
Jul 11, 2007, 12:21 PM
Regardless, I'm dropping out of the argument too. It's basically boiling down to a 'no it's not' and 'yes it is' and those aren't a lot of fun.