PDA

View Full Version : How many time PSU was delayed?

ChaosAngel92
Jul 11, 2007, 01:24 AM
This morning, while i was trying to make clones, i was remembering that one year ago (i dont know if precisly one year) PSU was announces for a date. Then it was announced that it was delayed. I do not know how it goes the history. Does someone can remember what exactly happened? Do you think this will happen to AoI?

WildArms2
Jul 11, 2007, 01:28 AM
yes if i recall psu was delayed over a year at one point...it was game of the year for ps2 at E3 2004? was it 2004 or 2003?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WildArms2 on 2007-07-10 23:29 ]</font>

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 11, 2007, 01:29 AM
Everything should be complete by now, so I should expect no delay in shipment of the AoI.

Zorafim
Jul 11, 2007, 02:20 AM
Funny thing. PSU was heavily delayed, and even now we get an incomplete game and letdown would-be fans. PSU had better be a decade-defining masterpiece by the time it's fully complete.

Serephim
Jul 11, 2007, 02:22 AM
Im at least extremely happy sonic team wasnt fucking lame enough to release it on its orginal release date. If it was a SONIC game, i assure you they would have, and it would be just as bad as Sonic the Hedgehog 360/PS3.

Forumchibi
Jul 11, 2007, 03:21 AM
On 2007-07-10 23:24, ChaosAngel92 wrote:
Do you think this will happen to AoI?

I think they'll be reliable enough this time and stick to their release date. At least they're not Blizzard. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-07-11 00:20, Zorafim wrote:
PSU had better be a decade-defining masterpiece by the time it's fully complete.

I think PSU is an amazing game - if only ANY reviewer had actually taken 3 minutes to play the game, they probably would've thought so too. Lumping this game with every other MMORPG was such a big mistake. The game is on scale with Diablo, instanced dungeons in small groups with real time combat. Compared to Diablo, PSU surpassed it in a multitude of ways, and you can't even begin to compare it to WoW or EQ because the cores are entirely different. And this is why I never trust game reviews.

Zorafim
Jul 11, 2007, 03:26 AM
It's not just reviews, everyone not playing PSU or on PSOW says that it was a huge letdown. Many people played it, got to the cap, and quit until the expansion. Hardly anyone I knew who picked it up still plays. I think it's a nice game, but it's flawed in many places where it matters.
Of course, it's still not too late for the game to be perfected, so I keep a small ray of hope in me after I complete another S2 run with no S ranks to greet me at the end.

Rizen
Jul 11, 2007, 09:00 AM
If I remember correctly it was delayed for a year almost.

But for AotI....I'm not too sure if it will be delayed. PSU, especially PC, really needs the expansion to bring back the game and population. Only reason I see it being delays is if, A) Another MMO comes out or B) Delays to boost security (One can hope?).

Kent
Jul 11, 2007, 09:24 AM
Although not an MMO (much like PSU isn't), Hellgate: London is coming out pretty soon.

If it's anywhere near as good as it's being made out to sound, it'll pretty much kill PSU PC, expansion or not, what with being the same general gametype and all.

A2K
Jul 11, 2007, 09:39 AM
On 2007-07-11 07:24, Kent wrote:
Although not an MMO (much like PSU isn't), Hellgate: London is coming out pretty soon.

If it's anywhere near as good as it's being made out to sound, it'll pretty much kill PSU PC, expansion or not, what with being the same general gametype and all.

Not so sure about that. Hellgate might end up playing similarly, but aesthetically they're practically on opposite ends of the spectrum, too, and I'm fairly certain many people put a lot of weight into that, at least here.

ChaosAngel92
Jul 11, 2007, 11:05 AM
On 2007-07-11 00:22, Serephim wrote:
Im at least extremely happy sonic team wasnt fucking lame enough to release it on its orginal release date. If it was a SONIC game, i assure you they would have, and it would be just as bad as Sonic the Hedgehog 360/PS3.

Yeah but SONIC games are always bad. Lame programed without a hitory, horrible. Bealive me, i was a big fan until i decided to quit SONIC's World when i readed the history of SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

KidoKresh
Jul 11, 2007, 06:39 PM
You think a year was bad look at Halo 2, Bungie announced a lot of dates and it never came out for about 2 years... Also the game Spore for the PC was said to be released in a year, but is now being held back...

mrlion
Jul 11, 2007, 10:46 PM
well...Spore is a pretty complex game which is why it got delayed.

Kent
Jul 12, 2007, 12:39 PM
Spore got delayed until 2009.

It's also the completely insane creation of the mad scientist known as Will Wright. "Pretty complex" doesn't really do it justice - just thinking about the game, makes me have nightmares about programming. :/

Kylie
Jul 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-07-10 23:29, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
Everything should be complete by now, so I should expect no delay in shipment of the AoI.

I agree. Everything looks done already, so there's no reason for the delay. My guess is that we're only waiting now for the updates and "new" content still on PSU to play itself out.

HFlowen
Jul 12, 2007, 12:51 PM
I'm not excited about AoI. They'll make us buy it, then wait another year with updates untill we can use all of it AGAIN.

AoI is just another weekly update as far as I'm concerned.