PDA

View Full Version : The %s Change in A. O. I. *unconfermed*

Nuclearranger
Jul 11, 2007, 11:08 AM
Currently weapon %s are direct damage modifyers modifying everything about you to increase dmg.
Same but for DFP in armors.

Now sega said they were changing this and looking at PSO %s in DC and how they changed them to GC I have a strong feeling its going to be the same thing.

Say you shoot and do 600DMG now w/ a 50% weapon you do 900DMG to the monster.

Now in AOI you can't look at it that way your going have to look at the weapon atp since thats the only thing thats getting modded.

Your character has 700 atp and the weapon has 600 1300 total say that does 600 DMG.

Now a 50% weapon added to that is ONLY going to touch the weapons 600ATP making it 900 giving you a total of 1600 ATP instead. Now when you atc. with that much your DMG shouldnt surpass 700 with only 300 atp gain.

*The dmg to atp stuff was pulled out of my head but I beleve I was pretty close but I think I overshot dmg alittle because I doubt you do 600 with 1300atp 0% weapons*

I hope people could understand what im trying to explain and if you cant id be happy to answer questions. But please reread it a few times.

Again this is totaly UNCONFERMED but this is the most likly path they will take.
*would follow the PSO trend wouldnt it?* lol

No flaming please just questions on this system or comments about how you like it or dont. In the end this does make Sranks very much more worth it.

~Nuclearranger

Title edited because people cant stand reading.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NuclearRanger on 2007-07-11 09:55 ]</font>

natewifi
Jul 11, 2007, 11:25 AM
Your misleading everyone by making it seem like this is confirmed. Even though you put this hasnt been confiremd, when this is not even suggested by ST for anyone to know.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-07-11 09:29 ]</font>

Rizen
Jul 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
On 2007-07-11 09:25, natewifi wrote:
Your misleading everyone by making it seem like this is confirmed.
He did say its unconfirmed...although its misspelled http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Arieta
Jul 11, 2007, 11:28 AM
We won't know until they actually tell us

beatrixkiddo
Jul 11, 2007, 11:30 AM
in b4 katsunos get ruined

natewifi
Jul 11, 2007, 11:30 AM
I edited it.

Rashiid
Jul 11, 2007, 11:34 AM
i hope %'s get nerfed in Aoi...

Nuclearranger
Jul 11, 2007, 11:37 AM
%s ARE getting nerfed and I just posted a posable way they are nerfing them

chibiLegolas
Jul 11, 2007, 11:38 AM
Actually, I originally thought that's how the system should of worked in the first place for both weapons and armor.
If they DO tweek the armor % system, they'd better put in place more weapon / armor combos then! We NEED more various combos!

And ones that would make more sense! Use a 8* armor with 2* weapon intentionally?
0_o

McLaughlin
Jul 11, 2007, 11:41 AM
Actually, I'm fairly sure they were going to tweak it so that the lower percentage weapons would be more useful. I also thought the focus of the rebalance was going to be put on Armor percentages, seeing as the higher percentages are grossly overpowered.

Serephim
Jul 11, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-07-11 09:08, NuclearRanger wrote:
Currently weapon %s are direct damage modifyers modifying everything about you to increase dmg.

Now sega said they were changing this and looking at PSO %s in DC and how they changed them to GC I have a strong feeling its going to be the same thing.

Now in AOI you can't look at it that way your going have to look at the weapon atp since thats the only thing thats getting modded.

Your character has 700 atp and the weapon has 600 1300 total say that does 600 DMG.

Now a 50% weapon added to that is ONLY going to touch the weapons 600ATP making it 900 giving you a total of 1600 ATP instead. Now when you atc. with that much your DMG shouldnt surpass 700 with only 300 atp gain.

*The dmg to atp stuff was pulled out of my head but I beleve I was pretty close but I think I overshot dmg alittle because I doubt you do 600 with 1300atp 0% weapons*

I hope people could understand what im trying to explain and if you cant id be happy to answer questions. But please reread it a few times.

Again this is totaly UNCONFERMED but this is the most likly path they will take.

No flaming please just questions on this system or comments about how you like it or dont. In the end this does make Sranks very much more worth it.

~Nuclearranger

Why did you post all of that like you knew what your talking about?

You need to change the topic title, this is highly misleading.

Sexy_Raine
Jul 11, 2007, 11:49 AM
It doesn't bother me, the current % system is flawed. It makes armors overpowered no matter what the base stats are. And as for weapons, it won't bother me if they get a nerf, I hate most hunter weps anyway.

Bring back PSO Ep1/2's % system!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-07-11 09:52 ]</font>

Mayu
Jul 11, 2007, 11:54 AM
Part of me doesn't care o.0

Part of me says oh @%^@ I can't do 90000+ damage anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and another says -_- great now I won't be immune to damage ;p

Nuclearranger
Jul 11, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-07-11 09:46, Serephim wrote:

On 2007-07-11 09:08, NuclearRanger wrote:

~Nuclearranger

Why did you post all of that like you knew what your talking about?

You need to change the topic title, this is highly misleading.

Because I feel like I know what im talking about. Sorry if my tone in text is to upfront>.> Jeez its the point im getting acrossed plus I said no flaming so if you cant at least keep that down you shouldnt post at all.

Nuclearranger
Jul 11, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-07-11 09:54, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Part of me doesn't care o.0

Part of me says oh @%^@ I can't do 90000+ damage anymore http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and another says -_- great now I won't be immune to damage ;p

It makes the difference from 0-->50% less so 12% weapons wont do THAT much less making everything more usefull

Nuclearranger
Jul 11, 2007, 11:59 AM
The current armor system is dumb and the next one will be dumb too since its like 10def for 1HP soo... 500DEF armor is 50 HP wooptefuckingdo

Ryoki
Jul 11, 2007, 12:03 PM
I agree. Not many people want my 12% skela because of this.

Its just another thing, along with the grinding system, that is trying to make psu less luck based.

Rashiid
Jul 11, 2007, 12:14 PM
its sad that ppl will take a 5* 50% light armor over a UBER RARE OMG COOL HIGH STATS 10% Rabol Rappy.......

just make all armor neutral DAMNIT

Golto
Jul 11, 2007, 12:40 PM
Maybe they will change how the elemental damage bonus is calculated. Currently it is multiplied, not added to the final weapon + char+ unit + pa %. So if you had 1000 atp with weapon + char atp + unit and lets say you use a pa with 150% you would have 1500 atp. Now lets include element % of 25%. You would have a total of 1875 atp not 1750 atp.

Shishi-O
Jul 11, 2007, 12:45 PM
base atp damage of enemy should be based on shield and stats of the user, the pecentage of photon damage resistance should be based on photon % of said shield.

Kion
Jul 11, 2007, 01:30 PM
Edit: I know this topic is dead, but I'd like to at least rephrase what I said.

With percents; Gunners get boosts for level bullets, forces get additional percents leveled techs on the same rod, the only difference with melee is that they have to synth for their boost. Considdering the highest percent for gunners is 30% on bows, so 25% on a weapon would make it even. Any percent above that is super-rare and should get a huge bonus for it.
Also grinding doesn't make a differnce. I tested it: 20% > +10 on a weapon. Which makes sense actually because it's alot cheaper to get one of every percent and have a set compaired to grinding to +10.

As for armor. Same thing anything should be a boost. As for wearing the right armor; it will protect you against only one kind of enemy (unless you carry around all elements and switch every two minutes). So unless you switch every two minutes, it might as well be neutral for a good proportion of the enemies meaning that you're relying on stats under that cicumstance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-12 23:40 ]</font>

Dragwind
Jul 11, 2007, 02:48 PM
I for one, hope this % system gets nerfed as well. Now %'s won't be such a big deal anymore, which is how it should be.

DragonStorm
Jul 11, 2007, 03:17 PM
it aint gonna get nerfed but a possible change to it...sega wont just throw away all the elements...anyways the only problem i have with % is the fact the wep's only have 1...pso % is flawless and psu just screwed it up.

Mayu
Jul 11, 2007, 03:22 PM
soooo I can't laught at people

with 6 S ranks with like 10%s? ( I really do laugh at you people -_-)

As like a 20% of an A weapon can rip it in damage?

awww http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Pillan
Jul 11, 2007, 03:26 PM
I honestly think that ST should keep the same weapon percent system and simply add a feature to modify the percents for those of us not lucky enough to get 50% all the time, like the one implemented in PSO.

Trading 50 PA fragments for 5% additional element sounds fair to me.

Syl
Jul 11, 2007, 03:33 PM
On 2007-07-11 11:30, Kion wrote:
Grinding makes up for %'s so if you're unhappy with your gimped weapon now, grind it to +7 and it will do about the same damage as a high %.

Uh you're kidding right? <_< Gaining like 30-50 atp does not make up for like the insane amount of atp you gain through %'s

Edit: Sorry for the ranting post. GT depends on high % bullets combined with a high rate of fire on low atp guns. If they change the system then I'm quitting, which is something i don't really want to do.

Althought GTs do depend on our high %s for damage, it is not of our concern. Our concern is to debuff and apply SE's, so as long as we can do that, we are doing our what our class is meant to do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Soukosa
Jul 11, 2007, 04:55 PM
I once thought that ST should adjust the percents on weapons to be more like PSO Ep 2 and BB implementation but then I realized that unlike PSO, this game is actually designed for such percents. To change the percent to that would require massive rebalancing of various things and may not even prevent lower ATP weapons from having a pointless boost from the percent. They did say they're gonna change percents so that the lower ones do more. Probably do an expondental curve of some sort to where as the percent gets higher, the actual gain becomes less but 50% will remain the same and still have an edge while everything else gets a boost.

Now with shield lines, they could use some work. Making those work off your actual stats would be the best way to do it. Though really, with the adjustment to the battle system in regards to the blocking delay, people may realize that good EVP can be far more godly than a high percent shield line.

AlphaDragoon
Jul 11, 2007, 04:57 PM
I like that elements are getting a nerf. That means you can use the color weapon you prefer without having it be a total wats against certain enemies.

Kimil
Jul 11, 2007, 05:05 PM
This would seriously suck for Dagger Users like myself =/

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 11, 2007, 05:28 PM
On 2007-07-11 11:30, Kion wrote:
If %'s get nerfed then this game will be broken. Getting a 50% is so rare that it should deal more damage! Grinding makes up for %'s so if you're unhappy with your gimped weapon now, grind it to +7 and it will do about the same damage as a high %.
Also gunners exspessially, if this happens say good bye to doing damage. Huge elemental %'s for hitting level 31 on rifle PA's won't even be worth it. High percents for levelled techs on rods? HA! That will be completely nerfed too.
Don't ruin the game just because of melee weapons.

Edit: Sorry for the ranting post. GT depends on high % bullets combined with a high rate of fire on low atp guns. If they change the system then I'm quitting, which is something i don't really want to do.

As for high percent on weapons and armor, sure, they do alot of damage, but only to one kind of enemy. Maybe 50% ground will do alot of damage to a vahra, but it might as well be neutral when you attack a koltova. it's ST's modification on the % system from episodes 1/2, instead of being lucky enough to find a weapon with % you get to choose what kind of enemy you want it to be strong against.
I did an experiment, I took a 50% weapon and a +10 neutral of the same type and rarity. They did about the same damage, the difference was that the neutral did as much damage to other element monsters and the 50% didn't.
Also with armor, high percents are okay, but stats matter just as much. Doing desert terror S2, I see people all the time with high % fire armor that they must of spent a fortune on, but I just laugh as they get one-shotted by a jishagara. Elements mix too much to depend on high % armor as opposed to stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-11 12:13 ]</font>

Well, Rangers aren't supposed to match Hunters in damage, and besides, weren't some of us here talking about how broken Rangers were? This may be the nerf they needed.

Kent
Jul 11, 2007, 05:52 PM
"Unconfermed," "unconfermed"...

Though something should be done about percentages, right now, it's actually unconfirmed. You know, spelled right and everything.

I, personally, think that something should be done similar to how PSO Episodes I & II had it, where the percentages only affect the stats of the piece of equipment, not your total stats. It'd be a little more fair...

...And it'd make Neutral weapons more feasible.

Kimil
Jul 11, 2007, 06:54 PM
On 2007-07-11 15:52, Kent wrote:
"Unconfermed," "unconfermed"...

Though something should be done about percentages, right now, it's actually unconfirmed. You know, spelled right and everything.

I, personally, think that something should be done similar to how PSO Episodes I & II had it, where the percentages only affect the stats of the piece of equipment, not your total stats. It'd be a little more fair...

...And it'd make Neutral weapons more feasible.

I still say no.
My 50% daggers would suck balls if they did this. NO

9* twin Daggers have around 200 ATP and I have 600 ATP as a WT... I like how things are now TYVM >_>.
Atm... 800 *1.5 = 1200 ATP, whcih i like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
if this happens... 200*1.5+600 = 900Atp . No >_<

Besides, I thought the changes were just for Synthing.
Atm, all the percentages (10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 44, 50) have an equal chance of popping out. So... 50% have a 1/13 chance of coming out, where 20 and under have a 6/13, which is why we usually get weps in that range.

I heard this was being changed so that the extremes ( 10 and 50 ) would have a lower chance of poping out that the midian, 22, would be the most common. Like a bell curve. Right now most synths come out as crappy, less than NPC %s. This would just make the usual synth have fairly decent ele %

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-11 16:56 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-11 16:58 ]</font>

TheBlackDeath
Jul 11, 2007, 07:00 PM
Forces don't have a whole lot to bitch about because even if elements are nerfed then they'll still do more than 1200 damage with most of their techs. Rangers will have some, but considerably less difficulty because rifle shots go up to 25% I believe at 21+? Even so most 6* rifles currently can do as much damage with lvl 21 shots as Fortefighters can with lvl 30 PA's that have high damage modifiers on a 9* weapon with 30% or greater element and maybe 5 grinds. Not to mention that Rangers don't have to chase down their enemies to hit them. It's the worst for hunters because if they nerf 50%'s then there will be no chance whatsoever for them to do anything else other than stagger or knock down enemies. In the eyes of most randoms that I've met just joining a party, they consider that if you're not doing high damage you're not doing anything at all and just wasting space.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 11, 2007, 07:03 PM
I thought the fix to elemental weapons was to make synthin of higher %'s more common.

I thought the fix for elemental armor was to make the damag reduction based of YOUR stats. so high % dark armor would still man '0' physical damage for a fF, and zero megids damage for a fT.

zandra117
Jul 11, 2007, 09:38 PM
Bring back the entire stats system of PSO ep1 and 2, it was better than PSU's stats system anyway.