PDA

View Full Version : [PS2/PC] - Recent Cheat Incident - Please Read

beatrixkiddo
Jul 11, 2007, 06:32 PM
Not everyone here uses the official boards, so.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=37412&highlight=

I wanted to make a brief announcement speaking on the recent cheat issues over the past weekend on the PS2 and PC servers. SEGA and the PSU GM team are aware of the recent cheat problems and working very hard to remedy them through GameGuard updates and server patches. We are also working to reach out to players who have been a victim to this cheat incident and help them in any way that we can.

Concerning the individual cheater responsible, we have removed his account and added additional blocks to prevent re-registration. In addition, we have closed six closely linked accounts that helped this user during their time in the servers. During our July 13 maintenance we will be applying changes to the server that close security holes and fix these current exploits.

Once we know more about how many players were attacked, we will be able to look towards item returns or other reimbursement methods. As soon as we know more about what we can pass back to players, we will announce it to this posting, but do not have any additional information at this time.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 11, 2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the information.

I <3 ST.

Banning the hackers friends was a nice idea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Pengfishh
Jul 11, 2007, 06:35 PM
So, what happened?

Golto
Jul 11, 2007, 06:36 PM
Sweet, looks like they really do have very detailed trading logs to be able to ban the accounts he gave the stolen items/meseta to.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
It's about damned time.

Sasamichan
Jul 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
On 2007-07-11 16:35, Pengfishh wrote:
So, what happened?

Dude, where have you been this past week?

Deus-Irae
Jul 11, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-07-11 16:37, Garnet_Moon wrote:
It's about damned time.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Almighty_Envy
Jul 11, 2007, 06:43 PM
Does that mean they banned the people whom the hacker gave items to?

I heard Ryuk gave stolen items to new players >_>

Dont quote me on that, its just what i heard.

Sekani
Jul 11, 2007, 06:45 PM
So, what happened?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=147188&forum=4&249

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 11, 2007, 06:45 PM
On 2007-07-11 16:43, Almighty_Envy wrote:
Does that mean they banned the people whom the hacker gave items to?

I heard Ryuk gave stolen items to new players >_>

Dont quote me on that, its just what i heard.

naw it didn't ban everyone he gave items to. He gave me an easter egg, why I'm not sure considering I have like 20 of em lol

THE JACKEL

beatrixkiddo
Jul 11, 2007, 06:46 PM
It would suck if they banned people he gave random stuff to >_> One of my friends had her shop cleared out completely, but he put like 5 Sonic statues in her room ._.;

Siertes
Jul 11, 2007, 06:50 PM
I wonder what ST means by "helped this user". I mean what can someone do to help someone "hack" an online game?

PJ
Jul 11, 2007, 07:05 PM
lol "ST hates all of us"

Really funny.

Allison_W
Jul 11, 2007, 07:08 PM
Oh shit, I misjudged Sega. I didn't think they'd reimburse, but looks like they showed me up, all right.

I didn't lose anything, but I'm glad I was wrong, nonetheless. It's uplifting to see them take responsibility like that.

Para
Jul 11, 2007, 07:09 PM
SEGA america is starting on a good roll lately.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 11, 2007, 07:10 PM
If only they were able to do something like this back then xD.

Glad to see more GM actions now and days.

XDeviousX
Jul 11, 2007, 07:14 PM
They banned people that helped and added him in his endeavors...

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 11, 2007, 07:41 PM
if you got something from him you most likely won't get banned. As far as I know, he went around and gave away a ton of stuff. He even stated he kept nothing on his account, basically distributing money from the people with tons, to the people with none. idk, I guess it sucks that it happened but at the same time, it is just a game

THE JACKEL

HandOfThornz
Jul 11, 2007, 07:43 PM
On 2007-07-11 16:37, Sasamichan wrote:

So, what happened?

This says, a point i was going to make the other day in a way!!

I heard of a new cracker/hacker (what ever people call them now-a-days). So i came on here and put a new topic on the this general board, to warn people.. then 2 mins after i posted it was whisked of to the cheaters forum!??? took me a while to find the topic there..it then had been added to another topic.....

Me personally find i want to know general, things like this on the general forum. cheaters forum i would of thought is for cheating, not for warnings of hackers!??

Anyone feel the same way?

PMB960
Jul 11, 2007, 10:30 PM
Okay so I posted the e-mail ST sent me on Monday the 9th, the day after Ryuk took all the stuff, but most people decided to just ignore my post and continue to complain that ST was doing nothing. To quote myself....

William,

Sorry for the loss of your friend’s items. We take security very seriously and are working to resolve the problem. The user who broke into your friend’s room has been removed.

If your friend would like to send us a complete list of stolen items, it would help. We can not do anything immediately but are tracking the damages done by this hacker.

Thanks,

Jacob Holub

Game Master – Phantasy Star Universe

That was the e-mail I recieved earlier today. So anyone with stolen items should send a list to ST since it will help them determine which were stolen faster. I assume that within the next 2-3 weeks the stolen items will be returned after they sort everything out.

Ryoki
Jul 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
Was it all Ryuk?
That doesn't really seem like something he would do.

With the exception of him floating in the lobby, all I thought he had done was create illegal S ranks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-11 21:34 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 11, 2007, 11:42 PM
Wow, Sega's paying attention to their product. Perhaps my hopes for PSU won't be let down after all. I hope they surprise me like this again.

Crono114A
Jul 12, 2007, 12:22 AM
On 2007-07-11 21:33, Ryoki wrote:
Was it all Ryuk?
That doesn't really seem like something he would do.

With the exception of him floating in the lobby, all I thought he had done was create illegal S ranks.

It was him... and the blank name person I do not know who it was.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 12, 2007, 12:48 AM
Thank god they are working on this.

Jife_Jifremok
Jul 12, 2007, 01:10 AM
This is extremely surprising. They're doing what should be expected of them. I sure hope thye keep up the good work.

Pengfishh
Jul 12, 2007, 01:25 AM
On 2007-07-11 16:37, Sasamichan wrote:

So, what happened?

Moving out of my parents' house :c

No internets yet and I am at my girlfriend's apartment now and SHE is lucky internet lady.

Kaosu
Jul 12, 2007, 01:27 AM
On 2007-07-11 17:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
if you got something from him you most likely won't get banned. As far as I know, he went around and gave away a ton of stuff. He even stated he kept nothing on his account, basically distributing money from the people with tons, to the people with none. idk, I guess it sucks that it happened but at the same time, it is just a game

THE JACKEL

What is he? The PSU Robin Hood? LMFAO! ;p

Alamar
Jul 12, 2007, 12:11 PM
Return your items. Nice addition there. Don't other games to that too? Thats nice to know if you are hacked. they can look at when you last logged in and return the missing items. A little peace of mind there, that if you are hacked and some of your items you worked hard on getting are returned.