PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about coming back.

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 11, 2007, 10:20 PM
Yeah I'm thinking of coming back though I doubt many people, if anyone, remembers me. I was wondering if it's worth it to come back. I started a launch and played until about January/February and quit. I was thinking about getting back into it, especially since the expansion is on the way eventually. But I was wondering if any of the problems from back then have been dealt with. Such as too much meseta in the system, hackers, etc... Also about how many people would you say are online at this point?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Wallin
Jul 11, 2007, 11:06 PM
You can't have too much meseta in the game, especially if you're the one who has it, hehehe. While the market for many items has skyrocketed, there are also many ways to make easy money (selling items, achieving S rank on certain missions, etc.) While 50,000,000 meseta for a Crea Doubles is probably out of hand, a majority of 9* weapons are still well within reason.

The new co-op mission on Neudaiz gives 10,000 meseta for an S rank on C level difficulty which takes 10-15 minutes per run, so paying 100k-200k for a 9* weapon really isn't that much, you could make that in a day off the mission alone, which you can easily get groups for 24/7 in a matter of minutes. Shops are still the fastest way to make money, however, and it's actually not that hard at all to do if you know what to sell.

As for hacking, we just got hacked about 3 days ago, big time. Oops. The hacker was able to steal items off the shop, storage, was able to zero PMs, and if the person was in the room, also the decoration and the common box items.
Hacking, when you think about it, is actually really easy to prevent or cut your losses with though. If you make your shop on an alt with an unused PM, don't store your stuff on the PM, shop, or common box, sell really expensive items through the forums instead, and keep your expensive decorations on your main characters (no one is really impressed by rare decorations anyway, if one person has them, so do a hundred other people), you won't really lose anything.

Like I said, in terms of people, you can find one or two groups at nearly every mission, though they may be locked, the wrong difficulty level, etc. But the Neudaiz co-op mission is so far very reliable for groups because the S rank mission point payout on C is 100 (versus the old missions where you only got like 1-10), so you can find groups of various difficulties usually in less than 10 minutes.

Zorafim
Jul 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
I'd say wait for the expansion. PSU's still imperfect, but the expansion seems to be a step towards what PSU was meant to be.
Not that the game's terrible as is, but you may facepalm at a few things.

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 11, 2007, 11:23 PM
Well like I said I played before but a lot of things were just lacking so I quit, though most of it was people I played with often leaving. I'm ready to give PSU a second chance especially since I don't want to be way behind when the expansion hits.

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Zorafim
Jul 11, 2007, 11:33 PM
Well then, I may as well let you know what you need.

For the meseta, yeah, it's still bad. Anything of major interest isn't even worth meseta anymore, you just can't buy it. You'd have to trade for it. Also, due to incompetent shop-keepers, nobody sells anything at the price they're worth anymore. Even items that can be bought in a store are sold for ten times their NPC price. It's very difficult to buy anything from a player.
On the plus side, though, everything storebought is easy to get. When an average player may have millions, an A rank weapon would take 100k to make, and a pure PM only a mil to make. Of course, this means that everyone's running around with things they don't deserve.

As for hacking, it's not noticeable anymore. There was a huge scare recently that's subsided, but nothing else. Sega has taken measures to fight the common types of hacks, so only people who don't care about doing damage have enough power to do anything.
At least we don't have RMTs, right?

February
Jul 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
Well it's only 10 bucks a month. I suggest paying for this month, playing for a bit then seeing if it's worth paying for next month. If it's still not up to your expectations, or you jus arent having any fun, just don't continue your subscription and what for AoI.

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 11, 2007, 11:52 PM
Yeah that's probably what I'm going to do. I don't understand why I didn't like PSU as much as PSO. It just wasn't as addicting IMO. I mean I got everything I wanted in PSU it's just I couldn't play the same things 13058153 times like I could in PSO for some reason. Hell I still play PSO on my Wii (GC version just to clarify) sometimes lol. Btw, just wondering, does anyone remember seeing me or playing with me at all?

Love,
Fox Makenshi

Zorafim
Jul 11, 2007, 11:56 PM
PSO was a classic, a masterpiece. You always get one of those in a series, a game that's just better than the others. Zelda;OoT, Castlevania;SotN, Sonic II, FFVI (or FFVII, depending on who you are), etc.

Cz
Jul 11, 2007, 11:58 PM
you can always come back and level up to 90 on this coming Friday. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fox_Makenshi
Jul 12, 2007, 12:14 AM
lol I wish, I might be getting a job Friday so who knows? Definitely gonna get back on before the end of August. How long do they keep characters after the subscription ends? My subscription didn't end in January but that's when I stopped playing.

Love,
Fox Makenshi