PDA

View Full Version : Megid 30

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 01:40 PM
I've been looking into Offencive tech lately, since in AoI my Supportive role will dwindle... I didn't think of SEs with lvl 30 attack techs.
here are the attack techs I was going to be using

Foie (at 30, SE 4 burn)
Diga (power, and at 30, SE 4 Silence)
Gizonde (a Quick AoE spread of SE 3 Shock)
Gibarta (a Quick AoE spread of SE 3 Freeze)
Regrants

Then I thought... what about Megid?

The Instant kill SE of megid doesn't increase at lvl 31 right? so have it at lvl 30 would be perfect for me ( no increase of PP, and still same SE affect )

One thing is keepingme fro this... What can Megid 30 actually kill?

darthplagis
Jul 12, 2007, 01:42 PM
pannon?

amtalx
Jul 12, 2007, 01:43 PM
It can kill anything vulnerable to Incapacitate. So, basically everything but large mobs.

Cz
polty. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

FUFME
People have ended up in a mental hospital trying to get Megid to LV30

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 01:49 PM
-.- hmmmm... So Low STA baddies right? how low lol...

And I'll take my time getting it to lvl 11 first http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000
Jul 12, 2007, 02:03 PM
I have a WT and a FT....Megid may not be worth the time for your WT. It costs WAY too much PP to be efficient. Add in that the status effect doesn't happen very frequently and a WT could empty a wand using Megid pretty quickly.

Lamak
Jul 12, 2007, 02:06 PM
I was thinking about using Megid in a tactical way I.E:
Madoog/Dagger combo. You do a quick blast of megid from your madoog then run in and finsh the remaning ones off with your dagger as you recharge your madoog. But I don't know if Megid will even be effective so meh for now.

JAFO22000
Jul 12, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-07-12 12:06, Lamak wrote:
Madoog/Dagger combo. You do a quick blast of megid from your madoog then run in and finsh the remaning ones off with your dagger as you recharge your madoog. But I don't know if Megid will even be effective so meh for now.

Megid's not much of a damage tech...you'd be better off substituting Ramegid for megid in your above strategy.

Dragwind
Jul 12, 2007, 02:27 PM
I'd hardly see it being effective enough unless you had a large mob of weak enemies, then use it hoping to kill one off. Probably shave off a few seconds or so off the mob kill.

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 02:48 PM
so megi is never is going to be useful? -.-

FUFME
Jul 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
On 2007-07-12 12:48, Kimil wrote:
so megi is never is going to be useful? -.-

Probably at LV50, but that plain psychotic to spend the time getting it that high

Dragwind
Jul 12, 2007, 02:53 PM
As WT, probably not wise. Unless you want to carry a few extra wands just for it. I'd also say its only useful in very few situations as well, but thats only my opinion.

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 02:59 PM
I just synthed 4 Cometaracs (base PP around 950 ) lol, I have a good amount of PP to use http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
And at lvl 50 it would be less Useful looking at it from a SE perspective because it would just cost more PP per shot -.- ( if the SE caps at lvl 30, like everything else ).

Situational though =/... Bot only right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-12 13:00 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Jul 12, 2007, 03:24 PM
I'd imagine you'd be best off using megid against light based enemies (durr) for damage and againt robits since their stamina = lol.

Scion
Jul 12, 2007, 03:35 PM
On 2007-07-12 11:43, FUFME wrote:

QFT

I wanted to kill someone before, during when, and after I leveled it to 30.

The damage is quite nice. It's equivalent to Razonde 30.

As for the SE. Well, when I was leveling it from 21-30, it would take 2-3 shots to kill a Pannon, and 3-5 to kill a Delsaban.

It's pretty expensive though. Even with my discount, I burn through a wand in less than a minute.

Things for you to consider. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RedCoKid
Jul 12, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-07-12 12:59, Kimil wrote:
Situational though =/... Bot only right?
I wouldn't use it on robots. My lv 22 hasn't insta-killed anything larger than a golmoro/badira.
Megid is useful for teching in hallways, disposing small critters, mocking jarbas, and opening boss boxes.

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-07-12 13:35, Hikaru-san wrote:

It's pretty expensive though. Even with my discount, I burn through a wand in less than a minute.

Things for you to consider. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

hmm, my best PP wand has ~1050PP, not enough? =(

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
* edit double post * , PSOW hick-upped lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kimil on 2007-07-12 14:06 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jul 12, 2007, 04:06 PM
Megis used tobe such a powerful tech (in PSO). I had a level 30 tech disk,..it was gross.

now it's just to show off, and a way for the game to kill of Players. ramegids will do far more net damagevs multiple targets. As will damegids if/when infact sticks.

desturel
Jul 12, 2007, 05:14 PM
On 2007-07-12 13:56, RedCoKid wrote:
Megid is useful for teching in hallways, disposing small critters, mocking jarbas, and opening boss boxes.

Mocking Jarba or scaring the crap out of unsuspecting Forte Fighter?

FUFME
Jul 12, 2007, 05:15 PM

On 2007-07-12 11:43, FUFME wrote:

QFT

I wanted to kill someone before, during when, and after I leveled it to 30.

The damage is quite nice. It's equivalent to Razonde 30.

As for the SE. Well, when I was leveling it from 21-30, it would take 2-3 shots to kill a Pannon, and 3-5 to kill a Delsaban.

It's been a good 3 months and took a break at LV12. Plains Overlord S2 is going to be my friend to LV up a lot of things.

JAFO22000
Jul 12, 2007, 05:21 PM
On 2007-07-12 14:03, Kimil wrote:

hmm, my best PP wand has ~1050PP, not enough? =(

As a Beast WT, you would probably kill everything by meleeing in a fraction of the time it'd take you to kill everything by using megid. If you just want to shoot it once for damage, then head in for melee action, there are much better techs available. Consider Megid to be like a dark version of Zonde or Barta and there you go. It can incapacitate, but does not do it often. Trust me, you'll be better off using Ramegid or even Megiverse than Megid. But if you're dead-set in getting it, go ahead.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 12, 2007, 05:22 PM
I got 2 Lapucha kills at once http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But only 3 kills in total....

Finae
Jul 12, 2007, 05:49 PM
Uh, went mental leveling techs PERIOD (along with bow pas, even the ult one). Don't know how I got them all beyond 21+ tbh. Though I could probably level megid from 21 to 30 without much trouble after all I went through leveling the other techs. If it wasn't for its instant kill, I could go to endrum and level it from 21 to 30 with no trouble. Though my megid will be 30 before aoi comes out or even before the semester starts up for me again (august).

I am a ramegid hater and got rid of that tech from my list. If I want confuse SE, I just use bow. I dunno, I like megid and I'm probably the only one that does. The damage is good (crits are crazy lol) and the chance of the mob instantly dying is cool too. I one shotted all the jaggos on a crimson beast S2 mission one time. Got a great laugh out of that one when it happened. Just because I said all that doesn't mean I use megid on every situation. I normally use nosmegid, megiverse, dammegid and megid out of the dark set and it depends on the situation on which one I use. I think most wanted megid to one shot something 85% of the time anyways so they have "easy mode."

PP cost with a /charge unit is crazy though. Reminds me of nosdiga with a /charge unit on. Then again, takes awhile to deplete my howrods since they are +10.

Up to you if you want it though. While I do listen to what people say about something, I rather just try it out myself as thats the best way to do it imo. Its like people telling you what game sucks and what doesn't. Never know until you try it out yourself. Just know its a doozy to level after 11. Don't have the exact hours it took me to level from 11 to 21. I guess 2 days if one wanted some kind of estimate.

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 06:06 PM
hmmm -.-, it'll be a while till I can even get Megid, 3 PAfs lol... And I can't use the lvl 21-30 SE range till November lol,

Maybe I'll hold off for now, also because from you are all saying, it may not be the best choice =/

I think I'll just level Ramegid for now, since it gets lvl 3 Confuse at lvl 21 and has a good AoE.

Serephim
Jul 12, 2007, 06:50 PM
On 2007-07-12 12:06, Lamak wrote:

Any class that can use a maddoog cant get megid high enough to be efficient.

Serephim
Jul 12, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-07-12 15:14, desturel wrote:

"OSHI WTH WAS THAT"

RedCoKid
Jul 12, 2007, 11:52 PM
On 2007-07-12 15:14, desturel wrote:
Nah, the element of surprise wore off a long time ago.

SAtaarcoeny
Jul 13, 2007, 01:27 AM
i got that to 30 and it kills nothing