PDA

View Full Version : Please clear up this rumor for me...

Lykos
Jul 12, 2007, 06:37 PM
Is it before maintenance or an update when people start to "allegedly" see more rare drops and rare spawns? Or perhaps it's both? Either way it's fun to use bold to stress some of your words.

Wee!

...okay, I'm done. But seriously, if the rumor is for updates/both, then I'll be hunting Crea Doubles tonight before the update... I would hunt Rucar, but the Polty to Carriguine ratio is like 40:1, so I'd probably see a better chance of an S rank over at Linear Line.

Gryffin
Jul 12, 2007, 06:39 PM
I've heard talk of both times being better. I think it may just be a placebo effect of sorts, but it's happened for me as well, although I wasn't in a good area for hunting.

For me, It worked best withing 45 minutes before or after maintenance...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mayu
Jul 12, 2007, 06:39 PM
no

Davot
Jul 12, 2007, 06:41 PM
Lan found his Halp right before maintenence

F-Gattaca
Jul 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
Maybe there's a truth to it if rare drops/spawns are dealt with in a certain way.

The effect might be real if the server, for example, randomly dictates that a certain amount of parties in the entirety of the PSU server group (jPSU, iPSU, 360PSU) will get a rare drop or a rare spawn every so often. If most people have logged out in the period before maitenance, or most people have yet to log in after maitenance ends, then such a system would appear to give more rare steaks--I mean, drops/spawns to those people still hanging around.

Same for synths, if the coveted 50% is done the same way.

This is all just speculation, as I have no idea how MMOs are coded, and I'm not a coder to begin with.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 12, 2007, 07:18 PM
I don't believe it. Hunting halp I found a rare spawn right before they removed them, didn't get crap from it

THE JACKEL

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 08:20 PM
On 2007-07-12 16:48, F-Gattaca wrote:
Maybe there's a truth to it if rare drops/spawns are dealt with in a certain way.

The effect might be real if the server, for example, randomly dictates that a certain amount of parties in the entirety of the PSU server group (jPSU, iPSU, 360PSU) will get a rare drop or a rare spawn every so often. If most people have logged out in the period before maitenance, or most people have yet to log in after maitenance ends, then such a system would appear to give more rare steaks--I mean, drops/spawns to those people still hanging around.

This is all just speculation, as I have no idea how MMOs are coded, and I'm not a coder to begin with.

If this were true, wouldn't we see the same effect at between 3 am and 7 am (everyday) when most ppl aren't on?

Syl
Jul 12, 2007, 09:04 PM
On 2007-07-12 16:48, F-Gattaca wrote:

Although that sounds plausible, this rumor is just that. It's just like tank summons, feng shui (sp?), food-to-increase-%'s, the relic gun, keeping your photon eraser after Firebreak gives you an s rank, etc..

All but random rumors from people who have imaginations... =_=

Squall179
Jul 12, 2007, 09:08 PM
just before the Coats came in, but after the maintinance (I got in like.....right after it finished, SOnic was still on the colony) I found 4 Flourescent Bulb boards and two Grinne Beta Ss

Probably pure luck on the boards, what was odd, was that a Pannon dropped the decos, so it could just be there is some kind of wierd glitchtimeframe?