PDA

View Full Version : After the 13/7 update.....

FireFox276
Jul 12, 2007, 06:48 PM
I just looked on the official PSU site (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/community_quests.php?item=20070712a) and found something interesting. If I recall correctly, in AoI, you don't get a decrese in mission grades if someone dies but you revive them.....well, THIS ACTUALLY COMES INTO EFFECT AFTER THE MAINTAINANCE!

Oh emm gee, ST are on a role (more than I can say for PSO:BB!)

If this has been posted, shoot me and delete if needed.

-FireFox276

Lykos
Jul 12, 2007, 06:50 PM
Well, it's been known that this update would occur for a while, and the update page just came up, so...

but WHY THE HECK is the death change update under the PC/PS2 updates? Will the 360 not get it or something? I would be soooooo mad.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 12, 2007, 06:57 PM
Don't you mean 7/13?

Chuck_Norris
Jul 12, 2007, 06:57 PM
Woot, Maybe we're getting it first and 360 gets it later on.

SuperChoco
Jul 12, 2007, 06:59 PM
In european countries, they post the day before the month.
On-topic: YIPEEE! Less boot from people because I cant afford scapes!

Almighty_Envy
Jul 12, 2007, 06:59 PM
On 2007-07-12 16:57, chuck_norris wrote:
Woot, Maybe we're getting it first and 360 gets it later on.

Sychosis
Jul 12, 2007, 07:03 PM
I hope ST forgets to give it to 360 users. I REALLY hope they do.

BanF
Jul 12, 2007, 07:06 PM
It's not like not having it will make things harder; they will simply stay the same. On the other hand, PC/PS2 users DO need it; I hear they even get killed by sleeping Pannons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Freshellent
Jul 12, 2007, 07:07 PM
Hmm. That'd be nice. Definately help out cost for some players.

Wow,reading that update really makes me feel better. There's alot of things coming.

I wonder how the mean "rebalancing"?

Guess we'll find out eh?

Island Closest to Heaven huh? (looking at FireFox279's mood) I was grinding there not to long ago. Hexadragons make me lol.

Lykos
Jul 12, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-07-12 17:03, Sychosis wrote:

I hope while trying to give it to PC, they accidentally mess up the whole death system, and you get a C.
Every time.

Aralia
Jul 12, 2007, 07:09 PM
On 2007-07-12 17:03, Sychosis wrote:

=.= I'll never understand why people wouldn't want to save money when an accident happens...

Personally, I'll be glad when we get this, if only to compensate for the PS2's lag. This way if I need to run through my palette when a swarm of Go Vahras are around me hacking away and my mate doesn't go off in time...like it did 2 times in just the last mission alone... I don't have to blow 5k just to save time.
Death penalties don't make the game harder.. It just creates more frustration when you die cause of hardware issues...

DurakkenX
Jul 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
our enemies also get nerfed with slow too ^.^

Mayu
Jul 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
sooo no more 50k on 10 scapes?

lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

BanF
Jul 12, 2007, 07:11 PM
For the 360 worrywarts:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=37550

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 12, 2007, 07:17 PM
good, everyone should start carrying moons now, considering 10 of them are far cheaper than 10 scapes. Anyone who got mad at someone for not having scapes will have no excuse not to have 10 moons now

THE JACKEL

DurakkenX
Jul 12, 2007, 07:20 PM
you mean 20 moons >.>, 10 of which should be moonXs

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 12, 2007, 07:21 PM
This is awesome. So it should apply to NPC and PM death too right?...

Golto
Jul 12, 2007, 07:22 PM
People will have to replace their scape dolls with moons now because if you go back to the lobby after dying you get the penalty from death. Too bad they can't reduce Giresta's pp usage to AOI standards.

Sychosis
Jul 12, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-07-12 17:11, BanF wrote:
For the 360 worrywarts:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=37550

Damn it.

FireFox276
Jul 12, 2007, 07:28 PM
As I recall, you do HAVE to revive NPC's to get full mission points, could be wrong though but I read that in an AoI article (somewhere). Just carry moons is all I can say!

Allison_W
Jul 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
Allow me to be the first in this thread to say HEL YEH

I got all the names for the mission rebalances/refinements right! xD (Except for System Defense; thanks beatrixkiddo.)

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 12, 2007, 07:33 PM
Ah... So reviving NPCs and PMs is a must... So if they revive themselves = Rank down O.o

We'll have to test that later.

Niloklives
Jul 12, 2007, 07:33 PM
actually one of the "fixes" people requested after the AoI beta was that NPCs just don't effect score. ST of japan seemed to ok it....so we'll see.

BanF
Jul 12, 2007, 07:38 PM
Heh heh heh... the 360 whiners who want all their S-ranks handed to them in a silver plate are making a ruckus over the delay, over at the official forums.

Gotta love little children with an unjustified sense of entitlement.

BanF
Jul 12, 2007, 07:39 PM
Heh heh heh... the 360 whiners who want all their S-ranks handed to them in a silver plate are making a ruckus over the delay, over at the official forums.

Lykos
Jul 12, 2007, 07:42 PM
So, apparently, I'm a whiner who wants all my S-Ranks on a silver plate, and am also a little child with an unjustified sense of entitlement.

Jinto117
Jul 12, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-07-12 17:38, BanF wrote:

Your avatar does a good job of expressing how smug you are. You have no way of proving drop rates are better for the 360. Besides, I'm sure you can buy whatever you want with your haxeta.

Zorafim
Jul 12, 2007, 08:10 PM
Actually, one thing you have to keep in mind is, we can't buy anything on PSUpc. The player shops are so dead, kerseline costs hundreds of thousands, while S ranks aren't even sold.
However, PMs are lol to make.

SStrikerR
Jul 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
On 2007-07-12 18:04, Jinto117 wrote:

On 2007-07-12 17:38, BanF wrote:

Your avatar does a good job of expressing how smug you are. You have no way of proving drop rates are better for the 360. Besides, I'm sure you can buy whatever you want with your haxeta.

he never said all thwe 360 people were like that, and also, he's talking about the official forums, not here, and also, stfu about haxeta, just because some people decided to hack doesn't mean we ALL participate in the making/recieving of haxeta.

f u 360 elitists.

Golto
Jul 12, 2007, 08:11 PM
These pc/ps2 only improvements are changes to the exe itself so there will be delays for the 360. Doesn't the 360 version have to go through m$ qa testing since they are client-side changes?

Jakosifer
Jul 12, 2007, 08:13 PM
-__- And yet another topic turns into a system dispute. 360 users, stop calling us all haxors. PS2/PC users, stop calling 360 players elitists. Cant we all just get along?! ;_;

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 08:17 PM
Woo for my 800K of Haxeta! -.-
(Fucking give it a rest already, K?)

HFlowen
Jul 12, 2007, 08:22 PM
Buy anything with haxeta? The economy is priced proportionally to how much money we have. Actually, most people price WAY too much. I can't buy a damn thing.

The only real pro to having so much money introduced into the economy would be NPC nic nacs.

Jakosifer
Jul 12, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-07-12 18:22, HFlowen wrote:
The only real pro to having so much money introduced into the economy would be NPC nic nacs.

QFT X 500000

<_<;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jakomay_07 on 2007-07-12 18:24 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jul 12, 2007, 08:26 PM
edit; nvm its been already stated >.>;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-07-12 18:39 ]</font>

EspioKaos
Jul 12, 2007, 10:30 PM
Give it a rest, people! It's absolutely ridiculous how this game's community has been severed by childish name-calling and endless arguments. The split between platforms is bad enough since we can't get around that, but why the hell can't we all just discuss the game that we all play like civilized people?

(Wow. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a long time.)

Anyway, on-topic, I'm glad to see the death penalty change finally making its way to our servers. Now my Giresta will get put to use like it should've been a long time ago. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Kimil
Jul 12, 2007, 10:38 PM
On 2007-07-12 20:30, EspioKaos wrote:

Anyway, on-topic, I'm glad to see the death penalty change finally making its way to our servers. Now my Giresta will get put to use like it should've been a long time ago. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I've been using mine quite frequently lol, rare hunting, no one brings scapes... so I bring Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ( lvl 4 LOL )

natewifi
Jul 12, 2007, 10:40 PM
On 2007-07-12 17:06, BanF wrote:
It's not like not having it will make things harder; they will simply stay the same. On the other hand, PC/PS2 users DO need it; I hear they even get killed by sleeping Pannons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

^Heh heh... douche.

EspioKaos
Jul 12, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-07-12 20:38, Kimil wrote:
I've been using mine quite frequently lol, rare hunting, no one brings scapes... so I bring Giresta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ( lvl 4 LOL )

Heh, that's about where mine is at right now. I think the best leveling it got was when a couple of my friends and I took on an S-rank Dulk Fakis one night. Long battle, but still very fun.

Rashiid
Jul 12, 2007, 10:48 PM
meh; now that i atleast know were getting it the nexx or nexx nexx update; im happy (yay GMs!)

Zero_Virus_X
Jul 12, 2007, 10:50 PM
finally giresta will be of use again

Serephim
Jul 12, 2007, 11:13 PM
I still dont get what the gripe is about people saying it'll ruin the gameplay.

If anything, this will allow Sonic Team to make even harder missions without worrying about them being too hard to achieve an S rank.

Now, instead of playing missions where you arnt able to let any of your team members die, you play missions where its a priority to make sure your whole TEAM doesnt get fragged so you lose an S rank.

I want AoI Bosses that are able to rape my entire party. I want to play a mission so hard that my level capped team with their decked out items gets annihlated come time for the boss.

Tigerram
Jul 13, 2007, 01:36 AM
On 2007-07-12 21:13, Serephim wrote:

If anything, this will allow Sonic Team to make even harder missions without worrying about them being too hard to achieve an S rank.

Now, instead of playing missions where you arnt able to let any of your team members die, you play missions where its a priority to make sure your whole TEAM doesnt get fragged so you lose an S rank.

I want AoI Bosses that are able to rape my entire party. I want to play a mission so hard that my level capped team with their decked out items gets annihlated come time for the boss.

This is where you take off your glove, and smack ST in the face http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Saito S
Jul 13, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-07-12 20:30, EspioKaos wrote:
Give it a rest, people! It's absolutely ridiculous how this game's community has been severed by childish name-calling and endless arguments. The split between platforms is bad enough since we can't get around that, but why the hell can't we all just discuss the game that we all play like civilized people?

(Wow. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a long time.)

QFT. A lot.
I too am happy about the death penalty change. I certainly don't think it will make the game "too easy"...considering how insanly long it takes for me to level classes and char levels and PA's and and and.... I think this is a smart change.

On 2007-07-12 21:13, Serephim wrote:

I never thought of it that way, but you're right. This could open the door for some seriously insane boss fights, the likes of which we couldn't see under the old system cause it would be almost impossible to S-rank. That's a damm cool thought Seraphim!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 02:11 AM
I'm uber happy to see (potentially) Go-Vahra and Deljaban slowed down... Aside from my Frying Pan and new S-ranks, that's really the best thing on the whole list XD

SolomonGrundy
Jul 13, 2007, 02:20 AM
go-varha, and deljaban were going to be slowed down? The speed isn't so much the issue as the Uber generous hitboxes.

side comment: even if you never shop player stores, you can always just synth your own. when someone's level 43 chracter has 3.8 million, and a full set of 8* weapons, therere is an economy issue.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-07-13 00:29 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 02:29 AM
I said "potentially." There aren't a whole lot of other enemies (aside from Vears) that need slowing down, honestly...

Niloklives
Jul 13, 2007, 02:41 AM
grundy's right about those hit boxes though...some of that stuff is ridiculous...you have to run BEHIND them to avoid getting hit.

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 02:55 AM
I was hit upwards of 20 times today in Fakis S runs from the rear of attacking Deljaban... So I know that's a problem too, but maybe their attacking speed will be lowered so you have time to get out of the way?

Kimil
Jul 13, 2007, 02:57 AM
On 2007-07-13 00:20, SolomonGrundy wrote:

side comment: even if you never shop player stores, you can always just synth your own. when someone's level 43 chracter has 3.8 million, and a full set of 8* weapons, therere is an economy issue.

NOT everone is that rich lol. Like I said, level 80 here, 0.8 Mil -.-

imfanboy
Jul 13, 2007, 03:06 AM
For all the change-haters, I quote a very wise man: "Just because a game's more frustrating doesn't mean it's BETTER, otherwise we'd still be playing NES Silver Surfer."

That quote came back to me after I watched the AVGN's review of Silver Surfer.

As someone who NEVER DIES IN A MISSION, I have to say that the current system only favors the guys who can either keep spending 50k meseta on more scapes, or who can afford making high % armors, or who can dodge like Sophia. That leaves out a pretty vast majority of players. Why kick them in the nuts unfairly?

I welcome this change. For one thing, it helps me save money for AoI, on those rare occasions when I get cheaped on by lariat-ing BDVs.

ProtranserTsu
Jul 13, 2007, 03:08 AM
Yeah, the economy is wack at the moment, you only see SOME people running around with massive millions, but hey *shrugs* they might not know it's haxseta either!

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 03:10 AM
I just made 10mil selling fairly-priced items to multiple people (and I'm talking, two-three weapons per person); I wouldn't say ALL meseta is hacked. <_<;

ProtranserTsu
Jul 13, 2007, 03:12 AM
Nono, im not saying that, just...how did i miss out on all of it XD

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 03:20 AM
XD Unlucky, i guess.

ProtranserTsu
Jul 13, 2007, 03:22 AM
XD Unlucky indeed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif oh well, as long as scapes are gonna be a bad piece of history in a few hours, im happy!

Niloklives
Jul 13, 2007, 03:23 AM
speaking of fair...I noticed you're selling hustle berries for 5k. o.o wtf scapes cost that much xD

Kimil
Jul 13, 2007, 03:26 AM
How can you even tell? the server is down -.-

ProtranserTsu
Jul 13, 2007, 03:26 AM
who me? i dont have a clue whats in my shop anymore. i haven't even touched it since....several months ago i think. after people stopped coming, i cleared everything out for 1 meseta and just threw junk in there

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 03:28 AM
Oh haha I did have them in for that much. XD Story behind that:

Someone came into my shop a while back while I was in it, and asked if I had Hustle Berries. For some reason I had about 20 of the things, and asked how much they'd pay for them. The answer I got was 5k. Thus, 5k per berry. I'll prolly lower it once I get back, but I honestly have no idea how much they go for. O.o; Only item in my shop I can say that about.

Niloklives
Jul 13, 2007, 03:29 AM
no xenith...and it was a little while before the servers dropped.

XenithFlare
Jul 13, 2007, 03:32 AM
...You wouldn't have an idea of how much they sell for, would you? XD I was thinking 2.5 or something, since they're actually used in synthing... I've got about 50 this time around, and it's not like I need them lol

Niloklives
Jul 13, 2007, 04:00 AM
well think of it this way: the hustle berries+omega acid+scape board have to cost a total of 5k to be salable...I don't remember how many hustle berries and whatnot it takes to make a single scape...but I'd subtract 1 to 1.5k from that 5k for the board then distribute values accordingly from there...so .5k to 1k most likely