PDA

View Full Version : Interesting encounter

Niloklives
Jul 12, 2007, 07:27 PM
So I was looking for a group to lvl one of my lowbies with on neudaiz. there are people getting groups at a relatively good rate, but despite announcing that was looking for a group or telling leaders I would join them I seemed unable to get invites. I was lvl 35, so by no means a hindrance to c rank groups.

after about 10 minutes I finally get a group. the leader berates me for not saying outright "<leader>, please let me join your party. but instead approcaching them and saying "here, I'll join you" and even go so far as to wave.

So we run a few missions and then the leader asks "so when are we getting more cast parts?" I told them I didn't think we were aside from more swimwear, formal attire and a rappy costume due to the data that's out. "what do you mean we're not gonna get more? they added new clothes, they can add new parts!" "that's because the clothes are already in the game data...I don't beleive there are anymore cast parts in the game data at this point," I said. "what?" I explained to him that the content we were getting was not being added, but in fact was just being unlocked and was already there on the disk.

"You're wrong, because I unlocked everything in extra mode and I don't have half this shit." and so I told him that extra mode limits the content you're exposed to, but I assured him it was all there. I told him that a code breaker can be used on a PS2 to get the online content offline without even having an internet connection..and that hackers used to run around with unreleased weapons all the time. he just laughed as if I were crazy.

Dismissing my explainations as the ranntings of a lunatic, he proceeded to go on about how much he wanted to get to 80. I asked him if there was any particular reason and he said that he could then hunt weapons if he capped and went on and on about how being lvl 80 was like being a king. when I told him the cap was being raised to 90, he ignored me and said that only a lvl 80 can get S rank weapons.

I explained to him that even a lvl 35 could get an S rank if they went into the right missions. he continiued to tell me I was full of it and that there was no way to get the parts for an S rank weapon OR the board at lvl 35. when I told him about LLS and crea doubles, he said "what do you know, you're lvl 35?" and someone else in the group sided with him saying everything I had told them was a little hard to swallow. I realized that reason was not the answer here and told them I had two lvl 80s which immediately made them change their tune.

shortly after that the leader piped up again saying they hated seeing lowbies with s ranks that they earned with their mains. so i told him if he really wanted an S rank so bad he could hammer away at the linear line for an s rank board and farm the parts. this is all in the middle of "her secret mission," mind you when he finally stops fighting and leaves me, a lvl 10 and a lvl 14 to fight the last room and as a PT I have no way to protect them with about a minute remaining. I realized he had decided to let us fend for ourselves out of anger so I pulled out my traps with 30 seconds remaining on the last kagajibari and killed him at the cost of about 2.5k and finished the mission, the leader aborted and left the party without a word.

I feel like I collapsed his entire world in a matter of minutes, but i mean...I didn't want him running around with false information...still I had no idea people could be THAT ignorant. he seemed even more upset that I actually cleared that room without his help...anyway just thought I'd share.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-12 17:43 ]</font>

DikkyRay
Jul 12, 2007, 07:30 PM
all i can say is owned http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

unfortunatly, as good of a story as this is, may belong in rants.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DikkyRay on 2007-07-12 17:31 ]</font>

FireFox276
Jul 12, 2007, 07:32 PM
I feel your pain. Someone was like that back when I played PSO:BB. But after he found out it was true he came back and appologised by giving me 4 PC's and 20 PD's so I was happy!!

pikachief
yea... i know a girl who only plays HIVE #3 on uni 30 and locks the party.

i asked her, "You looking for the black heart?"

she responds, "What? oh, idk im just there to lvl up."

shes been going there since i met her like 3 weeks ago and shes gained like 4 lvls and she plays all day :/

im too afraid to tell her to go to a better mission cuz she might say something like, oh but i'd rather do this, or this is better, or this is funner, or i dont like join in groups, or those missions are too hard or take to long, and soo on....

F-Gattaca
I've never had an encounter like that ... but yikes. I wonder how new that guy is to the game; probably hasn't been exposed to communities where this kind of knowledge is well known, just did everything on his own.

That said, in ... the less extreme cases I've had of this, I tend to point to either here of the Pea Soup (PSUPedia) to back up what I'm saying; I think they'd have less of a reason to dismiss claims if it's in writing maintained by a significant portion of the PSU community.

Niloklives
Jul 12, 2007, 07:41 PM
Oh I told him to go here, psupedia, or PSU official or even ask around if he really didn't believe me. I swear he thought I was even making up these sites the way he spoke to me.

Freshellent
Jul 12, 2007, 07:48 PM
Man,there was I thinking that I was the only one that ran into these people.

I run randoms a lot,all too often do I find people that have extremely jaded opinions and are unwilling to listen to reason and logic.

You can provide evidence,back your arguments as best as you can and even try to make a middle ground with them. I know exactly how you feel. I've ran into it a number of times. At this point it's pretty unsurprising to me.

I'm extremely tolerant in this game,very unlike how I am irl. Really,it just comes from not letting it get to me. I have bigger fish to fry. I'll admit,it still bugs me here and there. It's simply amazing how stupid some people are.

I've seen some real winners. All shapes and sizes. It's just a shame there are people out there like that.

I'm still waiting for the day that someone tells me that characters that wear red run faster. Specially' CASTs. Wings too.

Gryffin
Jul 12, 2007, 08:00 PM
Man. Am I glad I know about PSOW. >.>

KidoKresh
Jul 12, 2007, 08:12 PM
=.= some ppl just can't handle the truth...

Jakosifer
Jul 12, 2007, 08:15 PM
o_o Sounds like someone didn't take their medication this morning..And good job. ;D

Golto
Jul 12, 2007, 08:18 PM
You have to admit 99% of stuff you hear about from random people ingame is complete bullshit though. But this guy seems very ill-informed and/or somewhat new. I mean come on who doesn't know About Crea Doubles, the first available srank weapon rare?

SStrikerR
Jul 12, 2007, 08:21 PM
roflmao that kid.......weird, anyway, he was owned, good job ^_^

Zorafim
Jul 12, 2007, 08:39 PM
They're called idiots. They're everywhere, especially in the lower levels. People who think they know everything, when they don't know anything.

To those people, I have something to share.

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know.

BloodDragoon
Jul 12, 2007, 08:44 PM
Another funny thing to do in that mission is wait in the area with the telepad to the rainbow beasts until the other side opens the bridge so you can go into the room and kill off both of them while the party thinks you went AFK somewhere. I didn't pickup the sample in this case, I just sat on the ground in front of it and waited for them. Then asked what took them so long...

natewifi
Jul 12, 2007, 08:57 PM
I wouldnt say you "owned" him, but it seems more like him being an emotional cunt.

XanGabriel
Jul 12, 2007, 09:04 PM
Pwn7.

*shakes head. Those of you who know me know what I'm going to say; there's no point to reiterating it anymore. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Squall179
Jul 12, 2007, 10:00 PM
[b]On 2007-07-12 17:48, Icespike wrote
I'm still waiting for the day that someone tells me that characters that wear red run faster. Specially' CASTs. Wings too.

Meet me in Uni2 Moatoob Bar and I will tell you that heh

Seriously though...

I have run into quite a few who fit that description

I usually try to convince them with the Lvl 80 char trick as well which works surprisingly well

Almighty_Envy
Jul 12, 2007, 10:07 PM
I got booted for having a main a few hours ago ._.

There was a lvl 78 helping out me and a few other lower lvls.

Someone said how there main was a beast to just like the leader and i added in by saying my main was a capped human.

the leader got quite and didnt say anything for the rest of the run, after that i was booted ._.

People are crazy @_@

Niloklives
Jul 13, 2007, 02:28 AM
well..he was pretty new...his ID was barely under 38XXX iirc...but he was lvl 74...so it's not like he just got his GL yesterday...lol but it was a trip

Chuck_Norris
Jul 13, 2007, 02:48 AM
Wow what a tard. And envy i know why you got booted, Cause your main is a human main is level80.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 13, 2007, 03:00 AM
a kid I used to play with didn't understand how elemental %s worked. He spend 800K on a 12% gigush line, which I told him would not protect him as well as his 26% gigaline.

:-/

there are a lot of counter intuitive things about this game.

ProtranserTsu
Jul 13, 2007, 03:11 AM
Humans ftw >_>

Niloklives
Jul 13, 2007, 03:18 AM
yeah. i can totally understand not knowing...but there's a nice big defining line between ignorance an pig-headedness. I mean you should be smart enough to know that you DON'T know, and when someone gives you information with supporting facts and references, it doesn't make a lick of sense to act like the person is some moron who doesn't know a bullet from a skill. I mean they're checking my equipment and see I have 28% ice armor and 22%+ ice weapons on a lvl 35...two alteric +10s...my ID is infinately lower than theirs...I didn't just learn to play and they know this. but "I have two lvl 80s" that just seals the deal? lol I guess...

I dunno...I try to be atleast SOMEWHAT open minded about stuff...this guy flat out called me a liar like I was trying to tell him the earth was flat

ProtranserTsu
Jul 13, 2007, 03:41 AM
XD People tend to be more stubborn than annoyin