PDA

View Full Version : Whats joor favorite band?

Almighty_Envy
Jul 12, 2007, 11:32 PM
Tell me, my bands got boring.

gib me music ideas to listen to!1

Nitro Vordex
Jul 12, 2007, 11:33 PM
SYSTEM OF A DOWN.
Yes, the all caps was neccecary. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nani-chan
Jul 12, 2007, 11:35 PM
That emo band

Sord
i don't have any one favorite.

Almighty_Envy
Say one nao Sord!1

AlexCraig
Jul 12, 2007, 11:36 PM
I don't have a favorite. I do, though, listen to a bunch of JPop.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 12, 2007, 11:37 PM
I migth just wipe my mp3 player and start a new.

My songs suck nao.

Sord
Jul 12, 2007, 11:39 PM
power metal...
industrial metal...
black metal...
death metal...

astuarlen
Jul 12, 2007, 11:47 PM
No clear favorite but...
stuff I listen to, which, of course, implies awesomeness (http://www.last.fm/user/chickenfingers)

For those disinclined to click, a few recs:
-Dispatch
-Barenaked Ladies
-Elysian Fields
-Primus (LES CLAYPOOL INSPIRES ME TO ALL CAPS!!!!)

Christ, I could probably start listing dozens of amazing artists so I'll leave it at that.

Edit: It occurs to me that a genre or general direction would be helpful to inspire us to more particular and appropriate recs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2007-07-12 21:48 ]</font>

Solstis
Jul 12, 2007, 11:51 PM
Seriously, metal is good for teen angst/anger, but people really need to grow out of that stuff after a while. The guitar riffs and all that can be pretty sweet (Slaaaaaayer! Megadeth!), but it can get kinda hokey.

Oh, and System of a Down has turned into a rock band on a slight hangover. From drinking too much apple juice. Seriously. What is that stuff on Hypnotize/Mezmorize? It's emo compared to death metal. Ugh, gtfo Soad.

Industrial is kinda meh, the harder stuff puts me into sensory overload. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I suggest Indie pop, because it's what all the cool kids are doing.

Oh, who am I kidding, I only listen to Beck, Radiohead, Bjork, and Of Montreal. Other bands come and go, but there's only 4 that I really care about.

astuarlen
Jul 12, 2007, 11:52 PM
Of Montreal is also good, but NOT ALL CAPS GOOD LIKE EVERYTHING THAT LES CLAYPOOL TOUCHES (IT TURNS TO GOLD, GUYS SRSLY).

Ehem.

Sord
Jul 12, 2007, 11:53 PM
I listen to just about any form of rock actually, including country and slow, and I listen to some classical/baroque/romantic music as well. I just prefer metal.

Solstis
Jul 13, 2007, 12:04 AM
From about 1.5 minutes of googling, I concede that their music is good, but some of Primus's members (all?) look kinda scary.

Sgt_Shligger
Jul 13, 2007, 12:15 AM
Gravity Kills, Nine Inch Nails, Deftones. . . Good stuff ;o

Scrub
Jul 13, 2007, 12:25 AM
DragonForce
HammerFall
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody of Fire
Blind Guardian
Manowar
Stratovarius

LISTEN TO THEM.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 13, 2007, 12:28 AM
On 2007-07-12 21:51, Solstis wrote:

Oh, and System of a Down has turned into a rock band on a slight hangover. From drinking too much apple juice. Seriously. What is that stuff on Hypnotize/Mezmorize? It's emo compared to death metal.

I kinda have to agree with you, even though I'm a hardcore System of a Down fan. Hypnotize and Mesmerize could have been WAY better, but Mesmerize was better nonetheless.

Old school System definatley did the job. Sugar FTW.
By the way, don't compare bands, because then you will TRY to find reasons not to like a band.
I suppose it's about personal preference though.

I forgot to mention these too:

Gorillaz
Disturbed
Korn
Bad Religion
Crush 40

All I can think of. I would have posted earlier, but my computer mucked up on me.

astuarlen
Jul 13, 2007, 12:43 AM
This thread is now, officially, a big rock show.*

On 2007-07-12 22:25, Scrub wrote:
DragonForce
HammerFall
Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody of Fire
Blind Guardian
Manowar
Stratovarius

LISTEN TO THEM.

While crediting your honest effort, I must point out that your caps cannot hope to compete with CLAYPOOLIAN CAPS. INCONTROVERTIBLE GENIUS!

Did I mention C2B3, Oysterhead, Flying Frog Brigade, Holy Mackerel, and Les solo?

*adapted from "Tommy the Cat" (live), performed by the Formidable Gods of Primus

Scrub
Jul 13, 2007, 12:54 AM
YOU SEEM TO FORGET ABOUT MY BOLDED CAPS. WHO CAN STOP THEM?

Tykwa
Jul 13, 2007, 12:58 AM
CELLDWELLER
KILL HANNAH
ATRYU
KORN
TECHNOSHITFROMNEWGROUNDYEAHISAIDITNEWGROUNDINCAPSY OGETABURGER

Nitro Vordex
Jul 13, 2007, 01:01 AM
BEHOLD SCRUB! MY AWESOMLEY RIDICULOUS POWER! WITH THIS POWER I SHALL... MAKE CHOCOLATE MILK!
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Solstis
Jul 13, 2007, 01:02 AM
Sigur Ros and Brazilian Girls

astuarlen
Jul 13, 2007, 01:02 AM
I THINK THE ANSWER IS CLEAR

Too much?

Perhaps the key is to be found in small, subtle type, powered by fierce Viking nanowarriors.

Scrub
Jul 13, 2007, 01:04 AM
My god Astuarlen, what have you created?!

astuarlen
Jul 13, 2007, 01:09 AM
Aside from a lot of carbon dioxide, shockingly little.

And, yet, I believe I have also nurtured within me a seed--a tiny embryo, if you will, of compromise and goodwill--which has allowed me to see the possibility for coexistence between our two peoples. On the other hand, it could be a weed.

Sord
Jul 13, 2007, 01:12 AM
On 2007-07-12 23:09, astuarlen wrote:
Aside from a lot of carbon dioxide, shockingly little.

And, yet, I believe I have also nurtured within me a seed--a tiny embryo, if you will, of compromise and goodwill--which has allowed me to see the possibility for coexistence between our two peoples. On the other hand, it could be a weed.

kill it, kill it now >_>

astuarlen
Jul 13, 2007, 01:14 AM
Pass the Roundup.

Sayara
Jul 13, 2007, 01:26 PM
you sir need some Wac.
o-o=