PDA

View Full Version : How good is offline?

ShadowNinjaX7
Jul 13, 2007, 10:42 AM
I played PSO right up until the servers went down a couple months ago. I picked this up yesterday, since the price has finally droped at my local Gamestop. Unfortunatly, I can't play online, as it doesn't support Dial-Up. Is the offline play anything like it was in PSO? I really liked that, but it seems they tried to turn it into something with an actual story and plot and stuff, which is a lot different from PSO.

Basically, is it worth playing if I can't get online?

Mwabwetumba
Jul 13, 2007, 10:44 AM
I say that it's worth playing, yes... but it's absolutely nothing compared to online play.
PSU's offline mode is nothing compared to what PSO had available offline, sadly http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Demon-
Jul 13, 2007, 10:45 AM
Offline has very little playing time due to the fact that it does not have many weapons and is incredibly easy with no challenge at all.

Akaimizu
Jul 13, 2007, 10:53 AM
I enjoyed it. It also makes a great *quick sampling* method to test out playstyles you may want to consider online. Moreso for whether you'd feel you have fun with that for many online hours.

It does get easy because you have easier access to very powerful items. Not to mention, your offline character is sort of a super-class with more access to weapons than your typical online Expert class. This allows you the simplicity of choosing a class and switching off to various weaponsets without necessarily changing your class (unless you're switching between a Hunter major/Ranger/or Force concentration). You can sort of limit your current weapon selection to one of the listed Expert class types to kind of get a feel for them. You'll be more overpowered, but it's not like the guns/wands/weapons are going to act drastically diffferent or anything.

Just remember, offline is accelerated. You level much quicker offline and gain a lot of spoils quickly. Each of your offline extra mode characters will probably max out in the length of an offline RPG. However, if you want to see what a level 20 character can do in just 3-4 hours, that's the mode to check it out. Note: there are more SUVs online than what you can sample offline.

P.S. -- Lu Bu sigs, rock. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-13 08:56 ]</font>

Konstanse_Xx
Jul 13, 2007, 11:23 AM
It's okay offline, but you can play it online with Dial-Up, it's been done. =p

ShadowNinjaX7
Jul 13, 2007, 11:42 AM
You can play online with Dial-Up? If anyone know's how to do this, PM me, PLEASE.

DragonStorm
Jul 13, 2007, 03:00 PM
offline is awful compared to online...my friend who is on 360 cant play online...he when i see him play offline It makes me want to shut his game off lol. but honestly do anything u can to get online...you will be in a whole new world http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DragonStorm on 2007-07-13 13:00 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
I liked offline. It's nothing great, especially if you're expecting PSO, but it's still enjoyable if you can stand Ethan.
Extra mode is nice for having fun and screwing around, but don't expect anything from it.

SStrikerR
Jul 13, 2007, 03:06 PM
finish story, slam into extra, get a pallete full of S-rank hunter weps, hit 100 in a week or 2, say **** this, go online, actually learn what slaughter means once u do fakis S.....

ThEoRy
Jul 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
What??!! this game has an offline mode?..

Sekani
Jul 13, 2007, 05:37 PM
If you can't play online, don't buy the damned game.

Lonzell
Jul 13, 2007, 05:40 PM
How good is offline? As in IRL? The game IRL is pretty hot. Did you know they have actual girls in IRL? I don't just mean traps either. I mean honest to god females that have female bits instead of guy bits.

Not to say there isn't the ocassional trap of course, but the ratio to running into a real girl rather than a trap is waaaay higher than it is on PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lonzell on 2007-07-13 15:40 ]</font>

Remius
Jul 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
If your one of those guys who loves flirting on a game where you can't physically see who your flirting with, then thats something to take to heart.

I have about 7 total ACTUAL females on my list, and none of them were found by flirting. All normal playing.

If a girl is playing with you and shes coming on to you, then im pretty sure "she" isnt female. Either that or one of those really wierd fangirls who you shouldnt talk to anyway. If shes wearing really slutty clothing, she most likely isnt female either.

There are alot more of them than you think, but just because a female character is talking to you doesnt mean a) its actully a female , or b) in the event it is, it doesnt mean shes flirting with you.

This isnt Myspace.

Oh yeah, about offline mode? Well, lets just say when you finally get online, you'll never touch it again. Its such a horrible experience compared to online its really not worth playing unless you want to be completely blown away once you get online for real.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remius on 2007-07-13 16:18 ]</font>

Lonzell
Jul 13, 2007, 06:21 PM
On 2007-07-13 16:17, Remius wrote:
If your one of those guys who loves flirting on a game where you can't physically see who your flirting with, then thats something to take to heart.

I have about 7 total ACTUAL females on my list, and none of them were found by flirting. All normal playing.

If a girl is playing with you and shes coming on to you, then im pretty sure "she" isnt female. Either that or one of those really wierd fangirls who you shouldnt talk to anyway. If shes wearing really slutty clothing, she most likely isnt female either.

There are alot more of them than you think, but just because a female character is talking to you doesnt mean a) its actully a female , or b) in the event it is, it doesnt mean shes flirting with you.

This isnt Myspace.

Oh yeah, about offline mode? Well, lets just say when you finally get online, you'll never touch it again. Its such a horrible experience compared to online its really not worth playing unless you want to be completely blown away once you get online for real.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remius on 2007-07-13 16:18 ]</font>

....wow... you fail at sarcasm and net humor o.O;

Sekani
Jul 13, 2007, 06:22 PM

You say this as if it's some kind of accomplishment.

Lonzell
Jul 13, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-07-13 16:22, Sekani wrote:

I have females on my list too. Sychosis counts as one. Tahldon counts as another. MayL.... wait, no, she's a trap. Nevermind.

Remius
Jul 13, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-07-13 16:22, Sekani wrote:

Can't help it if my brillant sexyness crawls fiber optics.

And i would have contributed to the sarcasm if he wasnt asking something he diddnt know about

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remius on 2007-07-13 16:34 ]</font>

Sekani
Jul 13, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-07-13 16:33, Remius wrote:
Can't help it if my brillant sexyness crawls fiber optics.

Does your "brilliant sexyness" have any idea why I'm laughing so hard right now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Remius
Jul 13, 2007, 06:47 PM
On 2007-07-13 16:40, Sekani wrote:
Does your "brilliant sexyness" have any idea why I'm laughing so hard right now? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

My "Brilliant Sexyness" has come to a conclusion that you are either:
a) watching Family Guy
b) are at the dentist
c) wish you were this fucking sexy

I cant figure it out though. Pfft, not like i can see through your monitor. >>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remius on 2007-07-13 16:48 ]</font>

Konstanse_Xx
Jul 13, 2007, 07:03 PM
If you're on PC, just connect to the internet really, just expect to lag a lot with people...the game will be pretty slow with transactions/loading too lol, but it DOES work.

Lonzell
Jul 13, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-07-13 16:47, Remius wrote:

On 2007-07-13 16:40, Sekani wrote:

My "Brilliant Sexyness" has come to a conclusion that you are either:
a) watching Family Guy
b) are at the dentist
c) wish you were this fucking sexy

I cant figure it out though. Pfft, not like i can see through your monitor. >>;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Remius on 2007-07-13 16:48 ]</font>

i r genius 2 !