PDA

View Full Version : Question about Synthesizing...

JLatuska
Jul 13, 2007, 02:51 PM
When making any given item...I'm curious about where luck really takes effect. Does luck matter when you make an item or take an item out? Or is it both?

February
Jul 13, 2007, 03:24 PM
Adding a question to this, does luck affect the weapons Elemental Percentage at all, or is that just a rumor?

ThEoRy
Jul 13, 2007, 03:30 PM
it's still a crap shoot either way.

JLatuska
Jul 14, 2007, 12:41 PM
So nobody really knows?

pionear
Jul 14, 2007, 12:46 PM
^Yeah, for the most part....But I always found synthing on Luck days and Feeding my PM high rank foods usuallly gives me success and higher %%% on weapons.

But that's just me.

Wallin
Jul 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
It's impossible to know really, unless Sega tells us. You could always run tests, but that would be expensive and still not 100% accurate, like flipping a coin a dozen times and you just so happen to get tails every time. To us the number is random, so no one can say for sure, it would just be an opinion.

Niloklives
Jul 14, 2007, 01:05 PM
someone told me that according to the PSU bible luck effects everything that has chance to it. wheather this is ture or not I have no idea. but all the 50%s I've gotten synthing come when I have 2 or 3 luck and I tend to have a much higher success rate synthing melee weapons with high luck than without. that said, the when portion for me woulld me the most straight forward :high when when you start the synth menas higher success rate, high luck when it comes out is a higher %. again...it's really just hearsay...but I'll take superstition, over wandering in the dark.

I'll say this: there are CLEARLY hidden %s when synthin. our PMs have icons in their staus screen indicating a "synth trend". for example the GH-410 has a sword in her status bar. when i synth swords even with luck 0, even though the success rate on a Caliburn is 55%, I have about a 70% success rate. likewise when I switch her to a 412, i have an easier time making sabers. So there are definably hidden modifiers...the question is what these elements and values actually are.

Dragwind
Jul 14, 2007, 01:41 PM
I think these hidden modifiers are meant to be hidden, hence why the info should probably never be revealed, or else everyone will have uber synths.

Niloklives
Jul 14, 2007, 02:39 PM
the point is they exist.

Mayu
Jul 14, 2007, 02:43 PM
no it doesn't -_- <.<

Unless... IT'S BEAR CLAWS!!!! lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif( kidding )

Almighty_Envy
Jul 14, 2007, 02:43 PM
What about the armor PM that uses weapons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ?

Niloklives
Jul 14, 2007, 02:48 PM
there isn't a PM that ACTUALLY specializes in armor. the 440 is the best for raw stats, but nothing else. on the flip side, I've noticed when I synth with luck 3 I have a 50% success rate as opposed to 37% on 9* armor.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 14, 2007, 02:52 PM
Hmmm.

I do have a Crimson Line and Rabol Asted board in my pm and we do have 3* luck.

Il synth it latter and post the results.

Il synth all 6 for the best results.

Niloklives
Jul 14, 2007, 02:58 PM
I usually do 10 at a time and when I do, usually 5 or more come out. but yeah let us know how it goes.

on a similar note, I'll be synthing ice muktrands in the next day or two. (still working up my ray photon supply) x.X I gotta outclass that 34 I'm running around with...lol ever since I saw yoshi with that 50% ice muktrand, that was just about all I wanted....though I wouldn't say no if an S board ever made its way into my inventory....x.X anyway off topic.

Let us know how it goes envy