PDA

View Full Version : Handgun bullet SEs in AoI?

Allison_W
Jul 13, 2007, 09:16 PM
Now, I recall that no bullet got SE5 in breaking into the fourth tier, but I don't remember whether guns that ordinarily have weaker SEs get any upgrades at that point. (I do recall that Dambarta did get upgraded to SE4 at 31+ in the beta, however.)

So what I'm asking is, in the AoI beta, did handgun bullets reach SE4 at 31+? 'Cause if so, I really need to start working on my Burning Hit and Dark Hit for my PT.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 13, 2007, 10:50 PM
I wish Fortefighters actually got a gun with a useful Level 20 bullet. Level 2 burn is the same as the Frying Pan, which does jack shit on anything worth burning (Tengohg and other striking-resist one-target enemies).

Niered
Jul 13, 2007, 11:05 PM
On 2007-07-13 19:16, Allison_W wrote:
Now, I recall that no bullet got SE5 in breaking into the fourth tier, but I don't remember whether guns that ordinarily have weaker SEs get any upgrades at that point. (I do recall that Dambarta did get upgraded to SE4 at 31+ in the beta, however.)

So what I'm asking is, in the AoI beta, did handgun bullets reach SE4 at 31+? 'Cause if so, I really need to start working on my Burning Hit and Dark Hit for my PT.

I HIGHLY doubt it. Good question though, first non-idiotic one concerning AoI to come through here in quite some time.

Think about it, without their SE4's, rifles only really have range going for them, people will quickly throw that out for a one handed weapon that shoots just as fast.

Realmz
Jul 13, 2007, 11:26 PM
i thought the fry pan had SE3 burn on it, was i led astray?

Uncle_bob
Jul 14, 2007, 12:50 AM
Frying pan certainly does not have SE3.

I'd like to see handguns get SE4, but that would make Rifles and Bows near useless. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif As it is now, Crossbows are superior to handguns in every aspect but range. Handguns need something to make them worthwhile.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 14, 2007, 01:09 AM
Frying Pan has never burned a tengohg for me, and I've been spamming the fuck out of it on them, hoping for it to land. :[

Uncle_bob
Jul 14, 2007, 01:18 AM
Anything lower than SE3 won't work on "big" enemies. And even SE3 rarely lands on them (except for traps) and as far as I know the only SE3 that will work on them is burn.

pikachief
Jul 14, 2007, 01:23 AM
i think its SUPER SE LVL 2 on thsoe pans! i burn small creatures very quickly but cant burn a large creature :/ its strange http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

i dont think any melee weapon can ever SE a big enemy so when it gets to 3 it can jsut burn smallers ones better and quicker ^.^ (cuz i read everywhere that it was 3)

Niloklives
Jul 14, 2007, 01:10 PM
great way to test it would be to use a burn trap g on a enemy, then use your frypan on the same enemy, or at least a neighboring enemy. if the damage is the same, the frypan has SE 3

Dragwind
Jul 14, 2007, 01:39 PM
On 2007-07-13 21:05, Niered wrote:

I HIGHLY doubt it. Good question though, first non-idiotic one concerning AoI to come through here in quite some time.

Think about it, without their SE4's, rifles only really have range going for them, people will quickly throw that out for a one handed weapon that shoots just as fast.

Rifles have better stats than handguns still >.>

Niered
Jul 14, 2007, 01:41 PM
On 2007-07-14 11:39, DRAGOUSCHRIS wrote:

On 2007-07-13 21:05, Niered wrote:

Rifles have better stats than handguns still >.>

Burn > ATP.