PDA

View Full Version : Fast levelling a FO

Morganna
Jul 13, 2007, 09:50 PM
At the moment, my method to level quickly is to get out a couple of Dalteri bows, grind them to 3, put ice arrow on one, earth arrow on the other, and spam Mad Creatures C.

I don't bother with spells because they miss easily and make things a little more stressful. Maybe later on, but I get like 70 damage a shot with my bow and the right opposing element. For now I only use the Resta spell.

I also avoid HSM because 1. You are dependent on people actually wanting to do it, 2. You could get screwed just by simple mistakes, 3. At my level I feel like I'm leeching, and 4. Even with a single high level in the group, we could screw ourselves with two low levels being placed randomly in the northern room where they can't kill quickly enough to fight to the switches and get S rank. Though I might have to go back later for more force levels and thus more ATA.

Ideally, at level 14 or 15, I should be able to buy the bow after Dalteri, and solo De Ragan. I already solo it with my 14 wartecher and her 420 pm. I figure that it's just a matter of having enough powerful bows and not getting hit.

Does anyone have better tips for quickly soloing the levels?

Also, does anyone know if acrotechers will be able to use rods?

HaydenX
Jul 13, 2007, 09:54 PM
No rods for acrotechers. sry

I did all of my leveling as a force in the hive. If you have good reflexes and use wands instead of rods, you lvl quickly. Make sure to use bows on gaozorans.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 13, 2007, 09:56 PM
To answer the last question, no.

And by the way... if you only use bows, go Guntecher (S rank bows come AoI) and not Fortetecher. As a Force, USE SPELLS. Even if you hate em. (which, if you do, why would you be a force?)

Oh... wait, to go further, what expert class are you going for?

Morganna
Jul 13, 2007, 09:56 PM
Hmm, interesting. I'll give it a try.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 13, 2007, 10:07 PM
Um, or just join a party and keep your debuffs leveled. You can hit everything with Jellen and get XP from them all...

Almighty_Envy
Jul 13, 2007, 10:10 PM
I feel like most of the time im leeching in HSM to =/

But no harm in letting lvl 70's get you MP.

Then again i do 700-900 damage each cast of foie...

Morganna
Jul 13, 2007, 10:15 PM
I'm not saying I'll never use anything other than bows. I'm saying that it might be faster to kill things with grinded bows at low level instead of the hit-and-miss thing with spells.

As for debuffs...well I try that and it doesn't always take hold even if they're in range, so it's not an infallible way to tag.

As for expert class..well it's kinda stupid of them to not let acrotechers use rods if they are meant to be a support class...how many wands are we going to need to do everything?! So I might go fortetecher on this char, because I want her to be a robed staff wielding Aeris type.

HaydenX
Jul 13, 2007, 10:16 PM
You can use a rank wands and s-rank madoogs.

Wands for support and madoogs for attack.

Morganna
Jul 13, 2007, 10:29 PM
I see. Hmm...

I'm in HIVE right now. Seems like the recurring theme is to use the bow on the big 55 xp monsters, and spells on the normal ones.

Forumchibi
Jul 14, 2007, 01:13 AM
On 2007-07-13 20:07, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Um, or just join a party and keep your debuffs leveled. You can hit everything with Jellen and get XP from them all...

Ooh, good to know, I'll have to remember that.

Morganna
Jul 14, 2007, 07:37 AM
I switched gears and decided to work on my other newman, who was level 14. Level 18 now after a few hours of playing around with other people, and made it to Guntecher. Managed to make a 7 and 5 grinded Riki bow. I'm doing upwards of 50 or more damage against De Ragan now than I was before.

I also have my 420 (Kassiarosa) and Maya there with me, and it goes far more smoothly than it did before...

Syl
Jul 14, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-07-13 20:16, HaydenX wrote:
You can use a rank wands and s-rank madoogs.

Wands for support and madoogs for attack.

Well actually they are getting S ranks wands now.

And they aren't necessarily a support class per se, as they got their support techs nerfed (lvl 40 just like fT's).

Morganna
Jul 14, 2007, 07:49 AM
Hmm, really...

So, what the hell are they supposed to be, then?

TheBuffster
Jul 14, 2007, 07:50 AM
On 2007-07-13 19:50, Morganna wrote:

I don't bother with spells because they miss easily and make things a little more stressful.

uhm... No.
Spells never miss.
yr seeing Zero Damage because your TP sucks in comparison to the creatures youre fighting...

look at the infamous bugs, in labs.
everyone hates em, cuz they can ba hard to hit.
and what always the soultion?
Oh yeah...
get a Force cuz their spells never miss:P

[and BTW if u say im wrong follow me through my runs for a day and watch me not miss a damn thing]

Syl
Jul 14, 2007, 07:58 AM
On 2007-07-14 05:49, Morganna wrote:
Hmm, really...

So, what the hell are they supposed to be, then?

Hm, well since they will be casting at the spead of a fortetecher with a me/quick, I think they might just be your rush techers with bullets/light melee on the side. I'm guessing since they have high EVP they can go in the midst of battles and just heal everyone without having to worry about getting OHKO'd. But then again, I haven't played the class so meh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Syl
Jul 14, 2007, 07:59 AM
On 2007-07-14 05:50, TheBuffster wrote:

I don't bother with spells because they miss easily and make things a little more stressful.

uhm... No.
Spells never miss.
yr seeing Zero Damage because your TP sucks in comparison to the creatures youre fighting...

Oh yeah...

[and BTW if u say im wrong follow me through my runs for a day and watch me not miss a damn thing]

No I think he means like physically miss the monster as not landing the tech on it. I've never seen a spell do 0 so yeah <_<

Morganna
Jul 14, 2007, 08:03 AM
k.

And by miss I mean as far as aiming, because they move about and whatnot.

I can hit them a lot better with my bow, and my bow can usually three-four hit the ones that don't have damage reduction.

Plus, there is the range advantage. With techs you have to get close enough where they might be able to outmaneuver you and even charge you at a split second notice.

Don't get me wrong, given that acrotechers are apparently no longer the intended "white mage" class of the game, I will eventually level up my attack techs. But my first and foremost priority is to get to mid or high level quickly, and bide my time until the expansion where I can go acrotecher and get her the clothes I want to get her. And the whip...mmm, the whip.

TheBuffster
Jul 14, 2007, 09:08 AM
...oh.

My bad, ...Sry

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ThEoRy
Jul 14, 2007, 12:54 PM
u want to solo as a force quickly?

USE TECHS!!

simple as that. foi and diga have just as good a range as bows plus they're WAAAYYY more powerful so.......
what were you thinking again?

Crono114A
Jul 14, 2007, 01:56 PM
Number 1 Rule in FO lvling.: Don't Suck. If you can't aim, why are you a FO? No offence.. but get used to aiming. It's not that difficult.

Dragwind
Jul 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
To level quick as a fo? Uh.... just kill stuff, and don't idle... lol

beatrixkiddo
Jul 14, 2007, 01:58 PM
I level my FO with Gidiga ;3 Works wonders in LL and Hive

Mayu
Jul 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
What he said ;p

Morganna
Jul 14, 2007, 06:15 PM
It's less "I can't aim" and more like "While levelling up at low level I don't have much hps and with koltova charging at me I want to have a better chance of actually hitting the sumbich, plus it isn't always my fault I miss, hunters love to spam their knockbacks which in turn makes me look like a noob who can't hit the broad side of a barn."

HaydenX
Jul 14, 2007, 08:38 PM
Since when are AT's getting s rank wands?
Wouldn't that make them overpowered?

I'm gonna change from WT to AT when it's available.

Also, morganna, it's just plain sexy seeing the words
"whip" and MMM in the same sentence.

Morganna
Jul 14, 2007, 08:39 PM
Yeah. My Asuka was going to be acrotecher, but I think I'll make her a protranser after I get her some levels to back up the gimpy first levels.

I'm going to make a Rupika wannabe for my sexy whip wielding acrotecher chick.

ThEoRy
Jul 14, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-07-14 16:15, Morganna wrote:
It's less "I can't aim" and more like "While levelling up at low level I don't have much hps and with koltova charging at me I want to have a better chance of actually hitting the sumbich, plus it isn't always my fault I miss, hunters love to spam their knockbacks which in turn makes me look like a noob who can't hit the broad side of a barn."

then you need meat shields my friend. Lvling up is much faster in groups anyway.

Morganna
Jul 14, 2007, 09:47 PM
I feel like a leech...a Maya, in fact, when I'm with groups.

That said, there have been quite a few times recently where I thought "Damn...I'm the lowest level in the group and I'm smarter than most of the higher levels."

As you can guess, I am referring to HSM, where I'm like single or low teens and yet it's the higher guys getting pwned. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morganna on 2007-07-14 19:48 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jul 14, 2007, 10:16 PM
On 2007-07-14 05:50, TheBuffster wrote:

uhm... No.
Spells never miss.

Oh yeah...

i think maybe they meant that spells miss because some of them (like foie) are hard to hit moving enemies with?

edit: blargh, stupid posts-per-page option makes the thread say it has 1 page when it actually has two so I missed out on the replies that said exactly what i just did -_-

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: beatrixkiddo on 2007-07-14 20:17 ]</font>

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-07-14 19:47, Morganna wrote:
I feel like a leech...a Maya, in fact, when I'm with groups.

That said, there have been quite a few times recently where I thought "Damn...I'm the lowest level in the group and I'm smarter than most of the higher levels."

As you can guess, I am referring to HSM, where I'm like single or low teens and yet it's the higher guys getting pwned. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Morganna on 2007-07-14 19:48 ]</font>

How can u be a leech if you are using Resta/buffs/debuffs? If anything you should feel like a leader...
Look, if you want to level fast, than there's no other way around it. Party in groups and use techs with splash damage ie ra techs/Gi techs. Period.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-15 10:29 ]</font>

Wallin
Jul 15, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-07-14 19:32, Octagon wrote:

On 2007-07-14 16:15, Morganna wrote:

then you need meat shields my friend. Lvling up is much faster in groups anyway.

I have the exact same problem. I can't solo any high rank mission because there's always at least one type of monster that can ignore spell stun (I.E., Koltova, SEED Vance, Sendillan, Golmoro, Shagreece). I could bring NPCs, but most of the time the NPC will only attack if I'm right next to the monsters, and even then they usually just stand there.

Leveling up (at 34) would be faster in groups if I could actually find groups. I spent all of yesterday running C missions because everyone else is running S and S2 missions. I checked Crimson Beast and there was only one group there and it was S, Plains Overlord is all S2 groups, no one is doing Unsafe Passage or any other Guardian Colony missions, the new Moatoob co-op mission is generally dead as well. The only mission with people right now is HSM, and I'm stuck on C level where I only get ~1500 exp per run.

Is it just easier to switch to a Hunter-type for soloing? I won't even be level 60 by the time the expansion comes out at this rate.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 01:08 PM
i LVL my 16 fortetecher cast in her secret mission. not the best for EXP but for a lowbee cast techer its better than struggling and dieing all the time

the only problem with that is finding a party that wont mind having such a low level with them