PDA

View Full Version : 13 Runs of Plains Overlord S2 gave me...

Neoptolemus
Jul 15, 2007, 02:31 AM
Just in case anyone cares, thirteen runs of Plains Overlord S2 gave me (9 solo runs, 4 uns with one other person with rares set to ordered):

1 - Rapier with 29% Ice
17 - Ban-Photon
1 - Ray-Photon
15 - Zon-Photon
17 - Teranite
3 - Petanite
1 - Chicotite
19 - Kerseline
16 - Vestaline
20 - Vulcaline
4 - Junaline
2 - Merculine
2 - Omega Acid
12 - Grinder Base A
6 - Grinder Base S
2 - Copernia
2 - Goldania
1 - Morbinia
15 - Par Ash
27 - Par Ebon
5 - Kubara Wood
3 Par Walna
and of course, 26 - PA Fragment

No good rares as of yet... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Not giving up hope, though.

tailz
Jul 15, 2007, 02:43 AM
20 vulcaline and 27 par ebon o.0 thats just screaming "time to make 3 phantoms" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif plus the morbinia would pay for the board lol looks like a good list, gratz

Turambar
Jul 15, 2007, 02:48 AM
What dropped the Ray Photon? And where in Madison do you live?

ryvius
Jul 15, 2007, 03:03 AM
I actually got a stormline board my first run.. promptly failed it though :/ Was hoping it was Kan Yu or Storm when I saw it D:

Neoptolemus
Jul 15, 2007, 03:12 AM
On 2007-07-15 00:48, Turambar wrote:
What dropped the Ray Photon? And where in Madison do you live?

I believe it was a Polty that dropped the Ray. Don't remember for sure.

I live on the far East side of Madison, not too far from East Towne Mall. You from Mad-City?

On 2007-07-15 00:43, tailz wrote:
20 vulcaline and 27 par ebon o.0 thats just screaming "time to make 3 phantoms" http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif plus the morbinia would pay for the board lol looks like a good list, gratz

Yeah, not too bad, but considering there is no [B]Storm, [B]Kan-Yu, Cati/Power, [B]Stormline, [B]Delette Line, [B]Catiline, [B]Vahra Claw, or [B]2-headed Ragnus, I'm not too excited. I do a lot of ranged weapon synthing, so all of those will come in handy. And it all beats getting a kick in the teeth, so there is that.

Aralia
Jul 15, 2007, 03:46 AM
... don't feel bad, I'm only up on ya by 1 morbinia... My runs have been just as uneventful. (not been keeping track) but the highlights were:

Phantom
Rapier 29% lulz
Raygun
vulcaline-kerseline
5 goldania
2 morbinia
lotsa walnas
lotsa ebons
lotsa kubara woods
and absofuckinglutely NOTHING from DeRagan.. He needs to go suck a lemon... >.>

HiroSan
Jul 15, 2007, 06:57 AM
Yeah I got a Storm Line board my very first Sleeping Warriors S2 run, i traded that immediately (I had no use for it and what i got for it was used in another trade for me to get a rucar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) But other than that, ppl have been pretty unlucky :/

What was even worse, we had a rare spawn on SWS2 the other day too, but NOTHING good dropped...just a bunch of Rappy feathers (whoopie...) and some other rare synths from the Rare Svaltus spawn (whatever their names are). pretty s**tty...

Rashiid
Jul 15, 2007, 07:13 AM
50+ Sleeping Warriors runs;

any *insert prefix*-line you can think of.
Citrads; Tormads; Rubinads, any or 'ads' cept Diads http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (dont need anyway; but would be a nice sell)
Goldinia (effin rar boss my urse; aint drop shiznit good)
99+ PA frags from it alone; so i got Megiverse for the hell of it.
[B] Ran Misaki (sold for 100k)

thats all i can remember......

not liek im hunting anyway; just only good place for exp i know of (Desert Terror suxx for EXP; all mobs are gone)

Shishi-O
Jul 15, 2007, 08:26 AM
stuck in the philipines....i massively envy you guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-15 06:27 ]</font>

Realmz
Jul 15, 2007, 08:44 AM
wow..I need more vulaline, but i also need neu ebon... none of the places i'm at now have both >.>

XenithFlare
Jul 15, 2007, 09:14 AM
The ray-photon came from one of the haystacks near a locked gate. XD I remember looking at it going, "wtf is this doing here?

And you did forget to mention the near 20k meseta just from drops during those four runs. <_< And that's just what I got.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XenithFlare on 2007-07-15 07:15 ]</font>

pikachief
Jul 15, 2007, 10:00 AM
On 2007-07-15 07:14, XenithFlare wrote:
The ray-photon came from one of the haystacks near a locked gate. XD I remember looking at it going, "wtf is this doing here?

And you did forget to mention the near 20k meseta just from drops during those four runs. <_< And that's just what I got.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XenithFlare on 2007-07-15 07:15 ]</font>

what do u mean? i got like 50 ray-photons from firebreak! jeeze i'd get one like every 5 runs http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DrifterXx
Jul 15, 2007, 08:55 PM
Since ur talkin De ragan S2 has any1 seen cati / power drop

SarinSerafi
Jul 15, 2007, 09:16 PM
Yes, I saw it drop today in a random party. Someone else got it.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 09:31 PM
man i need to start running this run instead of sleeping warriors. id rather have all that par ebon than have no psyco wand

Neoptolemus
Jul 15, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-07-15 07:14, XenithFlare wrote:

Yeah, the meseta is good. And now that we found out how to get through the mission without taking damage (well, much damage), that money isn't spent on Scapes and mates. The end reward sucks though.

XenithFlare
Jul 16, 2007, 12:51 AM
I dunno about you, but I've always known how to not take damage (except for random Vahra claw-extend attacks). XD With meseta drops and the end 5750 reward, even gunners still make a profit. I need to keep running this; I'm hoping to net a Storm or Cati/Power from sheer willpower lol

As for the ray-photon, I was just confused because I was used to seeing Di-photons there in every other run I've ever done. XD

Neoptolemus
Jul 16, 2007, 02:00 AM
So, 15 is the magic number!

I ran run number 14, only to find the standard amount of synth. materials. I was getting pretty tired (and I have to get up in less that 5 hours), but I thought I would just try one more run.

Run 15 was like all the other runs; there were lots of synth. materials. I got to the last room before De Ragan, and first came the Polties, then came the Vahras. The second Vahra to fall dropped a red board. I tried to run and grab it, but all the other Vahras were standing on and around it. I had to kill them off to grab it. I kept thinking, it could be [B] 2-headed Snake, [B] Vahra's Claw, or *gasp* [B] Scape Doll. Finally after the last beasty fell, I ran up to it only to discover that it was a [B] 2-headed Ragnus!!! I had no idea that they fixed the name of the board, so this threw me off even further! Oh happy day! Off to see if I can trade it for something I can use...

SolomonGrundy
Jul 16, 2007, 02:19 AM
uh...how do you NOT take damage during the run? Are you a gunner?

Neoptolemus
Jul 16, 2007, 02:34 AM
Ummm... if I share the secret, I'd have to hunt you down and kill you, and then systematically kill everyone that comes after me... and who has that kind of time?!

Eh, I'll tell you anyways...
To do the trick, you have to pay very close attention to the maps. There are certain places on the maps where the enemies can't hit you. On the maps, look for very sharp Vs, and stand back as far as possible. You are usually far enough out of their reach that you can shoot them, but they can not reach you (though Xenith seems to have the uncanny ability to get hit while standing in these safe zones). There are also other safe zones that resemble a U (usually behind boxes or haystacks). This takes some playing around with to find the safe zones, but almost every room in Plains Overlord has a zone or two. Come to think of it, I think there are only three rooms in all of the Plains maps that don't have a safe zone. If I take my time, I can actually get up to De Ragan without getting hit at all. De Ragan and his big flaming balls seem to find me where ever I run, so I usually use a trimate or two there. Still not bad, considering with this 3* luck, every third enemy drops meseta.

Zarbolord
Jul 16, 2007, 02:43 AM
No S rank boards have dropped before me yet. Although at this stage I don't care since I've given up. Best I got was... Par Walna and Neptuline Oo not even morbinia -.-

pikachief
Jul 16, 2007, 02:57 AM
well this is actually gonna be the ONLY level my fighgunner plays at! i want my ragnus! im ONLY gonna play at plains as my alt!

if i want somewhere else i'll play as my main http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

XenithFlare
Jul 16, 2007, 02:13 PM
Heh, and I thought the blank spots were common knowledge by now. =P AND OMG I DO SOMEHOW KEEP GETTING HIT BACK THERE! >< It's... not cool, and it's never happened before that one run lol

BUT! New news:

After doing an entire run of Plains Overlord S2 and getting out with literally nothing but monomates and meseta (I swear to god, only 1/3 of the enemies dropped ANYTHING, and it was a 2:1 ratio of monomates to meseta), I was about ready to hunt down ST myself from sheer anger. I didn't even know lv100 enemies could DROP monomates! But instead, I went to Moatoob to try hunting my Shigga Desta, on the assumption that luck affects drop rates at the very least, and therefore I wouldn't be made the fool by boxes.

So just as I was continuing my monomate spree in Desert Terror S2, I was complaining to my girlfriend (Kyo) that ST should have made it so that enemies at lv100 should only drop rares, because seriously; at lv100 you don't need or want crap like normal items, anyway.

Mid-sentence, a Jishigara falls and explodes into a shiny red board box aptly named, "[B] Gudda Skela." Needless to say:

/complaints

Scion
Jul 16, 2007, 02:46 PM
I did one run of Ragan S2 just now. Took me too damn long by myself, so I gave up. Cuz I didn't get ANYTHING from the run except...

1 Junaline

Yay! Lol. Those things are turning into the new kerseline. Now if only boards would drop as such. T_T

And, off topic:

On 2007-07-15 06:26, Shishi-O wrote:
stuck in the philipines....i massively envy you guys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-15 06:27 ]</font>

Aww...the Motherland, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
Jul 16, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-07-16 12:13, XenithFlare wrote:

So just as I was continuing my monomate spree in Desert Terror S2, I was complaining to my girlfriend (Kyo) that ST should have made it so that enemies at lv100 should only drop rares, because seriously; at lv100 you don't need or want crap like normal items, anyway.
/complaints

Definitely valid. I mean, monsters with 15K+ hitpoint should not be dropping Monomates. (I mean, what the heck would they be doing with the stuff? "Yay! I'm holding an item that can heal me for 1/500th or less of my hitpoints!!!" PSU Monsters need to hold a union. They're grossly underpaid.) The general consistant RPG rule in effect since the ancient videogame RPG, Wizardry, that more powerful monsters must drop better stuff, does not apply here. Of course, I believe I've never played with anybody who hasn't had the displeasure of a monomate drop from a strong monster.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-16 13:03 ]</font>

pionear
Jul 16, 2007, 07:03 PM
The only thing Ive seen of worth drop from the new 100+S2 missions was a Delette Line (which went to someone else) Imma keep trying, though.

Neoptolemus
Jul 16, 2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats on the find Xenith!!! Maybe I should try my hand at Moatoob for a bit. Nah, I really want a Storm and a Cati/Power unit. (the armors that drop there aren't bad either)

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 11:06 PM
I got a crapload of mats(like 5 neptuline too),
A vahra nail
but no vahra claw [b] or Two-Headed Ragnus[B]

Zorafim
Jul 16, 2007, 11:12 PM
Soloing Desert Terror near non-stop since the update, I got a skela board. And here it is, in all its splendor.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/psu20070716_150318_000.jpg

Neoptolemus
Jul 16, 2007, 11:14 PM
OMG! I'm so sorry! That blows!

Sterisk
Jul 16, 2007, 11:15 PM
how many mission points?

HandOfThornz
Jul 17, 2007, 12:03 AM
I've just come off a 7 hour team run of sleeping warriors S2 and plains Overlord S2, and the best thing droped was a 8* raygun on plains overlord...firstly i was shocked, that a wep droped, but then i wondered these are lvl100+ enemies...why the hell are 8* weps dropping??????? ST makes no sence with its drop rates, a bit like bel pannons only drop a 6* [B] at linear line S/S2.

GreenArcher
Jul 17, 2007, 01:17 AM
What was even worse, we had a rare spawn on SWS2 the other day too, but NOTHING good dropped...just a bunch of Rappy feathers (whoopie...) and some other rare synths from the Rare Svaltus spawn (whatever their names are). pretty s**tty...

Try that but multiply your number of rare spawns by three.

-_-

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2007, 02:18 AM
Remember when rare monsters used to be cool?

pikachief
Jul 17, 2007, 02:58 AM
On 2007-07-17 00:18, Zorafim wrote:
Remember when rare monsters used to be cool?

no i've never seen a rare spawn until they became uncool all of a sudden

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2007, 03:03 AM
I meant PSO's. Unless they dropped something very exciting, the drop rate was always very forgiving. Considering how difficult it was to find them, it made sense. I am quote enjoying my heart of paumn, by the way.

DrifterXx
Jul 17, 2007, 05:42 PM
To be honest dont think the psyco wand will drop more then a couple times its like the carriune ragur