PDA

View Full Version : we've all seen 'ragol' in aoti.

Esufer
Jul 15, 2007, 10:27 AM
But is there any evidence to suggest that Pioneer 2 might be in there as a lobby? Or is there anything to suggest that and of the EP2 content might appear as well?

DurakkenX
Jul 15, 2007, 10:32 AM
you assume it's ragol... there has been no 100% proof that it is.

Sekani
Jul 15, 2007, 10:36 AM
VR Forest lawl.

As long as there are more new areas than poorly remade old ones, I really don't care either way.

Oh yeah, apparently the beach from Central Control Area was remade into a lobby.

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 11:00 AM
On 2007-07-15 08:32, DurakkenX wrote:

Don't be a dick Durakken you know what he means geesh.

Saphion
Jul 15, 2007, 11:01 AM
I've seen in some screenshots of the Forest level where you can actually see the Pioneer 2 floating in the sky.

It's a nice touch.

Otis_Kat
Jul 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
*Not directed at any specific person*

So why do a lot people say, "Omg no PSO in my PSU please." then when they see the remade PSO areas in AoI they go, "Yay, I always wanted this in PSU!"

Make up your minds people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-07-15 09:44 ]</font>

Gryffin
Jul 15, 2007, 11:47 AM
On 2007-07-15 09:43, Otis_Kat wrote:
*Not directed at any specific person*

So why do a lot people say, "Omg no PSO in my PSU please." then when they see the remade PSO areas in AoI they go, "Yay, I always wanted this in PSU!"

Make up your minds people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otis_Kat on 2007-07-15 09:44 ]</font>

Furthering on this, It's similar with weapons.. lol.

No PSO!!!!!!

Omg yey (insert generic PSO weapon)11!!!11!!!

Sekani
Jul 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
I was anti-PSO-in-PSU because it looked like they were introducing "classic" content at the expense of bringing in new stuff. At the moment that no longer seems to be the case. I'm still not excited about mags or Ragol areas or old-school costumes or any of that crap, but I can live with it.

RegulusHikari
Jul 15, 2007, 12:13 PM
Personally I don't see the reason to get all worked up about it. If PSO was such a successful game loved by many fans to this day, why shouldn't they try and implement some features the may just interest some old school PSO fans? God knows PSU needs the population.

I will admit they are adding a WHOLE lot more than I expected. I was very surprised to hear that the Caves and Mines were making a return.

But it isn't like we are going to all be running around fighting Falz for the rest of our PSU career. Obviously ST has shown that they have a fair bit of non-PSO content to dish out, hopefully even more than we have seen from the beta. There's no need to shout "THIS ISN'T PSO2!!!". I thought Sega made that clear. But I digress.

I have mixed feelings of PSU becoming intertwined with PSO as far as the story is concerned. I think PSU with simply allude to PSO, just as PSO alluded to PS, and that the areas will simply have no explanation. I don't see ST going as far as to add 'Ragol' to our list of destinations with P2 as a lobby.

The P2 in the sky of Forest was a nice touch, but I think that's all we'll see of it.

Kent
Jul 15, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-07-15 09:00, Octagon wrote:

That's a lot to ask. :/

...It's areas from PSO, with enemies from PSO.

PSO took place on Ragol. Therefore, even if it isn't exactly "on" Ragol, it's still modeled directly after Ragol.

Hucast-Kireek
Jul 15, 2007, 12:30 PM
They should make a P2 lobby that takes you to all the PSO worlds, and has the P2 song playing, I will technicaly live there. P2>cylez

PALRAPPYS
Jul 15, 2007, 12:40 PM
Although, Kent... there's new screens showing that some Goboomas are on Neudaiz. :/

PSO in my PSU? We can't stop it... -.-

I don't mind PSO areas being sort of like, separate. But when it gets inclined with new PSU stuff, I don't like that.

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-07-15 10:40, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Although, Kent... there's new screens showing that some Goboomas are on Neudaiz. :/

I don't mind PSO areas being sort of like, separate. But when it gets inclined with new PSU stuff, I don't like that.

The way I see it..
I've killed em b4,
I'll kill em again.
Makes no difference to me.
The point is, the more VARIETY of monsters, the better.

So throw your best at me Sonic Team!
I'll kill every disgusting monster you have to offer!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-15 10:49 ]</font>

RegulusHikari
Jul 15, 2007, 12:52 PM

I seriously hope that gets changed. Not sure wtf ST was thinking.

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 12:57 PM
On 2007-07-15 10:52, RegulusHikari wrote:

I seriously hope that gets changed. Not sure wtf ST was thinking.

Maybe they were thinking..

Goboomas lived in a forest..

Neudaiz does have lots of forest...

2+2=????

Parn
Jul 15, 2007, 12:58 PM
Regarding boomas, it'll be entertaining to slay monsters that sound like Chewbacca all over again.

Zorafim
Jul 15, 2007, 01:01 PM
http://christmaschebacca.ytmnd.com/

Esufer
Jul 15, 2007, 01:14 PM

I read that as Goombas. :[

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 01:32 PM
On 2007-07-15 10:48, Octagon wrote:

The way I see it..
I've killed em b4,
I'll kill em again.

agreed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheLOLBandit on 2007-07-15 11:32 ]</font>

Kinfante
Jul 15, 2007, 01:45 PM
On 2007-07-15 11:01, Zorafim wrote:
http://christmaschebacca.ytmnd.com/

I'm gonna punch you...

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 15, 2007, 01:52 PM

If it's not meant to be Ragol, then they went a damned long way out of their way to make it look like Ragol, all the way down to the Central Dome and Pioneer 2 in the sky. Plus, the entrance to get to Ragol is at the Space Dock, and the map screen points to a cluster of stars when you select Ragol as a destination. It's pretty damned certain.

EspioKaos
Jul 15, 2007, 02:10 PM
I'm sticking with my theory on Ragol's star system being inside the alternate dimension of the Gates of Denikaya (posted in my Saguraki C.D. thread). It's about the best I can do (until official word comes out) to help deal with the idea of PSO in my PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

lostinseganet
Jul 15, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-07-15 09:01, Saphion wrote:
I've seen in some screenshots of the Forest level where you can actually see the Pioneer 2 floating in the sky.

It's a nice touch.

o-o please show us

EspioKaos
Jul 15, 2007, 02:20 PM
On 2007-07-15 12:11, lostinseganet wrote:
o-o please show us

Bah, I thought I'd taken a picture of Pioneer 2, but apparently all I got was the Central Dome. For what it's worth though, here it is (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/psu20070423_083405_038.jpg).

I'll have to dig through the screen shots thread to see if I can find one of Pioneer 2. I know there are at least a few in there.

DurakkenX
Jul 15, 2007, 02:21 PM
actually it looks like the guardians colony shown in visual book

Criss
Jul 15, 2007, 02:24 PM

Most of our old "PSU" monsters are already modeled after PSO ones. Delsaban/Delsaber(Or maybe more Dimenian), Bil de Vear/Hildebear, etc. Even those not directly related do have a resemblance to old PSO monsters, like Carriguine-Rucar/Chaos Bringer.

So at this point, I don't think it really matters. If we get a bigger variety of monsters, then all the better.

EspioKaos
Jul 15, 2007, 02:37 PM
Here's a Pioneer 2 screen (http://www.phantasystarmonthly.com/pio.JPG). Credit to Jonathan_F for taking the picture.

lostinseganet
Jul 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
On 2007-07-15 12:20, EspioKaos wrote:

o-o please show us

Bah, I thought I'd taken a picture of Pioneer 2, but apparently all I got was the Central Dome. For what it's worth though, here it is (http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/psu20070423_083405_038.jpg).

I'll have to dig through the screen shots thread to see if I can find one of Pioneer 2. I know there are at least a few in there.

oh thank you it looks pretty nice. Is it made of polys can you walk on it? or bounce a goomba on it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lostinseganet on 2007-07-15 12:43 ]</font>

omegapirate2k
Jul 15, 2007, 02:41 PM
You all know its just an ecstasy induced vision.

Nai_Calus
Jul 15, 2007, 02:51 PM
I'm anti-PSO in PSU in all areas except for FOmar dresses and a Rati Madoog. XP (Or maybe a PM, if they can do freaking stuffed animals, they can make a Rati that floats around after you and shoots things and casts the occasional support tech...)

I want to know when the hell they'd attempt to retcon it into the timeline, anyway. As I recall, Pioneer 2 is supposed to have finally landed on Ragol after EpIII, by which time the monster populations were decimated, so... Clearly they'd have to do some kind of ludicrous BS retcon job that will set my teeth on edge and my skin crawling, kind of like they did in Endu's ending. Unless they're just going to pretend that EpIII didn't exist, which I'm quite fine with.

About the only way I'd support such foolish nonsense is if they somehow used it to lose their minds and actually finally resolve the plotline with Elly and Calus. It would leave me twitching and going 'What the hell?!' for months even if it was a good ending, due to the sheer ludicrousness of the idea, but then, PSO in PSU is ludicrous anyway. (Though part of me wants *PS* in PSU, just to have some random generation of Lutz go to Neudaiz to beat Rutsu senseless for disgracing the name...)

Seriously, though, I don't see how it can be done without totally destroying PSO's continuity, and I greatly disapprove of that. They did enough of it with the actual PSO episodes, let it rest in peace.

Besides, if PSU Nai met PSO Nai, there would probably be bloodshed. XD

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 02:58 PM

It's a nice touch.

o-o please show us

here ya go..
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/guardianscolony.png
remember any aoi pics and videos are found here..
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=139209&forum=20

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 03:05 PM
On 2007-07-15 12:58, Octagon wrote:

It's a nice touch.

o-o please show us

here ya go..
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j104/shirubania/guardianscolony.png
remember any aoi pics and videos are found here..
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=139209&forum=20

thats pretty awesome

ABayBay
Jul 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
This is gonna give me great memories. I'm so gonna recreate my orginal RAmar.

Saphion
Jul 15, 2007, 03:17 PM
Part of me has no intention of getting PSU because I despise it with a firey passion.

Part of me really wants it for the PSO references, and for the fact Sonic Team really seem to have made some headway in terms of gameplay.

I fully intend to make these two parts fight to the death.

Sinue_v2
Jul 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
You know, I don't so much mind the fact that they're putting PSO stuff in PSU - I just wish they would spread the love a bit. Why no Algol in PSU? You'd think Sonic Team would think a little more highly of the series considering how many times they've re-released compilations on top of remakes on top of compilations. Not to mention that, at least storyline wise, PS would have much more to offer PSU in terms of connection than PSO.

(Though part of me wants *PS* in PSU, just to have some random generation of Lutz go to Neudaiz to beat Rutsu senseless for disgracing the name...)

Rune Walsh would crash PSU with how cool he is compaired to... well, everything else in the game. It would be a massive contrast, to say the least.

Also... I think when they were discussing plans to make a Phantasy Star V, one of the ideas that came up was to have PSV set in a whole different star system and this time have the plot revolve around the Great Light, possibly the need to destory the light in order to prevent it from turning into darkness once again. The main character was to be a male/female named Neta who traveled with a 14th Generation Lutz.

"Tsugawa: Yeah, I remember. The idea was that Lutz would finally get a starring role, since Alisa and her companions would have died generations ago; the heroine would have lost her memory at the start of the game, but would eventually remember that she was a follower of the Great Light called Neta, and she'd go on a journey with the fourteenth generation Lutz." - R. Capowski's Phantasy Star Compendium Translation.

Well, not much of a connection, but to make the Harrison Battle Fans in PSU you need a "Neta Note" item. *shrug*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-07-15 13:29 ]</font>

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 03:21 PM
On 2007-07-15 13:17, Saphion wrote:
Part of me has no intention of getting PSU because I despise it with a firey passion.

Part of me really wants it for the PSO references, and for the fact Sonic Team really seem to have made some headway in terms of gameplay.

I fully intend to make these two parts fight to the death.

you should at least try it and see if you like it

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
On 2007-07-15 13:21, Sinue_v2 wrote:
You know, I don't so much mind the fact that they're putting PSO stuff in PSU - I just wish they would spread the love a bit. Why no Algol in PSU?

All things considered, I believe that it may very well be the purpose of PSU to unite the series as a whole. The first installment has introduced Gurhal, and the second installment will apparently be bringing Ragol into the loop. What might we see for the third installment? Algol? Copto? Perhaps even the Alisa III or the Neo-Palm? Only time will tell us.

Dragwind
Jul 15, 2007, 04:15 PM
I personally think it's great to connect the series. If this is Ragol in the future, (depending on your takes of the PS series connection) then this is just a joygasm to fans.

Esufer
Jul 15, 2007, 06:32 PM
On 2007-07-15 12:10, EspioKaos wrote:
I'm sticking with my theory on Ragol's star system being inside the alternate dimension of the Gates of Denikaya (posted in my Saguraki C.D. thread). It's about the best I can do (until official word comes out) to help deal with the idea of PSO in my PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

That's kinda the theory I'd hoped for as well, more or less.

Ryoki
Jul 15, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-07-15 10:23, Kent wrote:

On 2007-07-15 09:00, Octagon wrote:

That's a lot to ask. :/

...It's areas from PSO, with enemies from PSO.

PSO took place on Ragol. Therefore, even if it isn't exactly "on" Ragol, it's still modeled directly after Ragol.

Just like temple was supposed to be Coral (dumbest planet name ever >.>).

I believe, since the game takes place in an era of fast space travel, there is no reason we can't go to ragol/ find ragol in ruin/whatever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-15 16:39 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jul 15, 2007, 09:29 PM
There's a big difference between interplanetary travel, and interstellar travel. The technology level of both PS and PSO seem to be pretty far advanced beyond Gurhalian technology - with their only real head-start being A-Photon technology.

As for Ragol being the alternate dimension within the Gates of Denikaya - that's an interesting idea, but it would seem to work out better the other way around. As in, in PSO the Dark Falz was a singular conciousness - a god - who when defeated (by a clash with Olga) created the GERM which seems to resemble the SEED. This would be a good jumpstart for the SeeD's presence in PSU - but you'd have to find a way to transport the GERM there.

Also, the GERM was highly contagious to Humans in PSO. Bernie dies of it, eventually, and he held on the longest - whereas the SEED cannot infect human/Newman/Beast/Cast hosts without outside modification (The SeeD Virus).

DurakkenX
Jul 15, 2007, 09:37 PM
sinue the SEED can infect humanoid life forms without alteration... it is just that it is dormant and not easily detectable right off

Sinue_v2
Jul 15, 2007, 09:54 PM
No, it needs modified - such as what GRM was doing in the secret base in the Rescuing Hyuga mission. This was the original purpose behind capturing Hyuga and Maya - and why they are so important to the Illuminius as test samples. Hence, why they continually try to kidnap Hyuga.

DurakkenX
Jul 15, 2007, 09:59 PM
No. Maya says so before that it was simply dormant and that they could not figure out how it was infecting people because there was no pattern...Also there is no proof it needs to be modified...GRM is experimenting to make a weapon...in other words how to activate it. If it was simply modified to infect humans they wouldn't need to continue experimenting.

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 10:10 PM
Obviously SOMETHING along the way affected the GERM during the who the hell knows how many light years journey. Maybe it was the journey itself, the velocity creating G forces inside the bastards changing their molecular structures. Maybe it's like superman gaining powers from a different colored sun. Maybe it was a reaction to the photons. Who knows? But I'm sure they'll find some way to tie it all together and then we'll all be like, "ahhhh, That's pretty clever." Most likely though there will still be some fog of vagueness shrouding the mysterious connection between PS games that we all love to look for. For instance, the theory about how Pioneer 1 and 2 were actually 2 of the "Earth ships" or "World Ships" from PS3... And where did those Humans who created Mother Earth on PS2 come from?....

Maverynthia
Jul 15, 2007, 10:18 PM
SPOILERS!!!

Anyways...don't we already have Rutsu/Roots/Lutz?

Sinue_v2
Jul 15, 2007, 10:25 PM
Maya says so before that it was simply dormant and that they could not figure out how it was infecting people because there was no pattern...

No... that's the SeeD VIRUS she's referring to. Go back and play that mission again. They can't determine the origin of infection of it, it has a variable incubation period, and has somewhat of a vaccine that must be administered every few hours. Anyhow, GRM is indeed doing research on the SeeD virus - as evident by the biocapsules.

Alisha
Jul 16, 2007, 01:38 AM
if the presence of ragol in psu is cannon it would have to take place almost immediately after the conclusion of episode 3 since in that picture pioneer 2 is within ragol's atmosphere. wich is an event that occurs in the ending of ep3. unless leukon knights started attacking pioneer2 or something preventing it from landing. i really wish some kinda clairifcation about leukon knights and the temples they guard was given >_>

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 02:19 AM
On 2007-07-15 12:24, Criss wrote:

Most of our old "PSU" monsters are already modeled after PSO ones. Delsaban/Delsaber(Or maybe more Dimenian), Bil de Vear/Hildebear, etc. Even those not directly related do have a resemblance to old PSO monsters, like Carriguine-Rucar/Chaos Bringer.

So at this point, I don't think it really matters. If we get a bigger variety of monsters, then all the better.

interesting one i noticed:
Bul Buna and Goshin/Pofuilly slimes, pouilly slimes

Alisha
Jul 16, 2007, 02:27 AM
did you ever think what happens when you add psu conventions to pso monsters?

*imagines getting blasted across the screen by a hildebear punch >_>*

_MarsVolta_
Jul 16, 2007, 02:50 AM
But is there any evidence to suggest that Pioneer 2 might be in there as a lobby? Or is there anything to suggest that and of the EP2 content might appear as well?

It would be awesome having a P2 lobby. Flying cars plz.

Sinue_v2
Jul 16, 2007, 02:55 AM
Pioneer 2 lobbies were far too small. It'd be better if (if we can go on Pioneer 2) we had a new lobby to explore on board the ship. One that has new synth materials, clothing shops, ect. Then again, some of that stuff can be replaced by no longer needed shops like the hospital, tekker, ect.

pikachief
Jul 16, 2007, 03:06 AM
On 2007-07-16 00:55, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Pioneer 2 lobbies were far too small. It'd be better if (if we can go on Pioneer 2) we had a new lobby to explore on board the ship. One that has new synth materials, clothing shops, ect. Then again, some of that stuff can be replaced by no longer needed shops like the hospital, tekker, ect.

no keep taht stuff for nostalgia!

or sega can ruin it and say that pioneer 2 was overrun by seed many many years ago and killed all life on it and make it into a mission :/

MayLee
Jul 16, 2007, 03:08 AM
Seems like they should live in Parum..

Boomas that is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MayLee on 2007-07-16 01:09 ]</font>

lostinseganet
Jul 18, 2007, 10:34 PM
On 2007-07-16 00:50, _MarsVolta_ wrote:

It would be awesome having a P2 lobby. Flying cars plz.

We already have that on one of the planets

PJ
Jul 18, 2007, 11:19 PM
I still wish the Ragol that shows up in PSU is like, some... cross dimensional, "Time capsule." But that's just me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Complex_Jao
Jul 19, 2007, 03:09 AM
the reason ST is puting more PSO in our PSU is because PSO was a hit but when sega killed the PSO server and told (PSO)ppl to play PSU they lost a lot of gamers who tried to play PSU but it was not PSO (duh)and they are tring to get (PSO)ppl back PS:sorry it kinda a long post for being somewhat offtopic

Parn
Jul 19, 2007, 06:12 AM
On 2007-07-19 01:09, Complex_Jao wrote:
the reason ST is puting more PSO in our PSU is because PSO was a hit but when sega killed the PSO server and told (PSO)ppl to play PSU they lost a lot of gamers who tried to play PSU but it was not PSO (duh)and they are tring to get (PSO)ppl back PS:sorry it kinda a long post for being somewhat offtopic
No, PSO stuff in PSU was planned before the expansion was officially announced. The actual gameplay adjustments are brand new, but the madoogs and shadoogs were already planned way in advance. There are holograms of them in shops right now on PSU. In old interviews, Takao Miyoshi mentioned that a lot of PSO weapons would be making a return. There's a lot of stuff that they intentionally held back to make an "expansion" which really is the remaining half of a whole... the proof is the above statements, and the fact that the original requirements for this game was 8-10 gigs of hard drive space, yet the actual game only takes half of that. The expansion would end up filling the missing half.

amtalx
Jul 19, 2007, 06:20 AM
On 2007-07-19 04:12, Parn wrote:

There's a lot of stuff that they intentionally held back to make an "expansion" which really is the remaining half of a whole... the proof is the above statements, and the fact that the original requirements for this game was 8-10 gigs of hard drive space, yet the actual game only takes half of that. The expansion would end up filling the missing half.

I feel used. Ive spent about $160 so far on half of half a game (we still don't have all the content from PSU).

Skye-Fox713
Jul 19, 2007, 06:21 AM
On 2007-07-15 11:32, TheLOLBandit wrote:

On 2007-07-15 10:48, Octagon wrote:

The way I see it..
I've killed em b4,
I'll kill em again.

agreed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheLOLBandit on 2007-07-15 11:32 ]</font>

Roger

I second this

Complex_Jao
Jul 19, 2007, 07:04 AM
those are PMs not MAGs