PDA

View Full Version : Super Holy Lag Week???

Synyster
Jul 15, 2007, 10:34 AM
Has anybody else noticed an ungodly amount of lag the last few days?

For me its reaching unplayable levels... 40s delays between hitting monster and damage registering, 2min delays between using key, and door unlocking...

Its getting ridiculous... to think we pay extra monthly subscription for this?

Retehi
Jul 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
Your connection just sucks then.

RegulusHikari
Jul 15, 2007, 10:37 AM
That's just you.
I personally have been experiencing slowdown when I have everybody's name displayed in crowded popular lobby. All those glowing stars hurt. >.>
First time PSU has lagged my PC in a while.

Sekani
Jul 15, 2007, 10:38 AM
Get off of universes 1 and 2 if you want to see better performance.

Synyster
Jul 15, 2007, 10:38 AM
My connection hasn't changed and I never used to have a problem... but thanks for the input...

Esufer
Jul 15, 2007, 10:39 AM
Get off dial up.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 15, 2007, 10:43 AM
I've been noticing lots of lag too...

And no, I have high-speed cable internet. >.>

Oh well.

Synyster
Jul 15, 2007, 10:49 AM
lol@ dial-up. there are no logical reasons for lagging.
i have high speed internet and good connection.
some ppl are so helpful... Retehi, Esufer

pikachief
Jul 15, 2007, 11:01 AM
i've not experienced lag except when i make names appear, but i make them appear when running to the door for dramatic slowdown effects! XD

Parn
Jul 15, 2007, 11:22 AM
On 2007-07-15 08:49, Synyster wrote:
there are no logical reasons for lagging.
Actually, there are. There isn't a direct line going from your 360 to the PSU servers, so just automatically blaming Sonic Team isn't logical.

I remember quite awhile back on PSOV2 on Dreamcast when I suddenly couldn't login anymore. When I ran traceroute on my laptop, it took more than 30 server hops to get from my laptop to the login server, because apparently some major router in the US went down, and network traffic from my location had to take an alternative route to get to Japan. It used to take 24 hops to reach login and suddenly it took 37. Most online game clients give up after 30 hops and think the login server is down, so I was out of luck for the span of two weeks until that major router was restored and network traffic resumed to what it should be.

That's not necessarily what's happening to you right now, but neither you or Sonic Team can honestly do anything about it. There could be a problem with any one of the dozens of servers, routers, or whatever in between your console and the PSU game servers. It's not the PSU servers because plenty of other people are gaming just fine.

FUFME
Jul 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
On 2007-07-15 08:34, Synyster wrote:
Has anybody else noticed an ungodly amount of lag the last few days?

For me its reaching unplayable levels... 40s delays between hitting monster and damage registering, 2min delays between using key, and door unlocking...

Its getting ridiculous... to think we pay extra monthly subscription for this?

Ive been complaining about lag since server update. There seems to be no lag when there is a total of 4 people in party - including myself.

I actually perfer a party of 4 anyway.

FUFME
Jul 15, 2007, 12:00 PM
On 2007-07-15 08:35, Retehi wrote:
Your connection just sucks then.

heh, mine suxs

http://www.speedtest.net/result/155076116.png (http://www.speedtest.net)