PDA

View Full Version : WOuld 2 accounts be crazy!?

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
^

Mayu
Jul 15, 2007, 03:35 PM
<.<

Cz
Jul 15, 2007, 03:37 PM
one account is enough for my brothers and sister. We take turn with the computer and level up our characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PJ
Jul 15, 2007, 03:38 PM
Depends on financial situation, and if you really wanted more characters.

But hey, as long as you have enough for a second (I thought third? Don't you have a JP account too? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), you could fund me for a new ISP http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif x3

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 03:39 PM
i know plenty o peeps with 2 accounts in order to play with family members/wives and whatnot.

Rashiid
Jul 15, 2007, 03:40 PM
if i tripple posted sorry >.> PSOW lagg

Piru
Jul 15, 2007, 03:40 PM
why would you PAY for two accounts........4 chars is enough for me considering i only have three.

Kion
Jul 15, 2007, 03:41 PM
<(^^);

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
i know plenty o peeps with 2 accounts in order to play with family members/wives and whatnot.

Rashiid
Jul 15, 2007, 03:42 PM
>.>

Piru
Jul 15, 2007, 03:43 PM
why would you PAY for two accounts........4 chars is enough for me considering i only have three.

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 03:46 PM
On 2007-07-15 13:43, Piru wrote:

read my last post...

Rashiid
Jul 15, 2007, 03:46 PM
jesus im not deleting thos posts o.0

mod will take care of it =]

on topic: if ya need tha space and have tha cash; i dont see why not (1 character per class?)

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 03:47 PM
Well on my current account i dont have one of each char race, but on this second one i might http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Cz
Jul 15, 2007, 03:48 PM
4 slots are enough for me as well. Each slot with a different race: human, newman, beast, and cast. I got them all! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Inazuma
Jul 15, 2007, 03:51 PM
ive had 2 accounts for the jp pc ver since it came out. i have one lv 90 char on each account, and there are a lot of benefits.

- if my 2nd char has higher luck, i can have em be leader, but still play as my main
- double mission rewards
- i can gain MP w/ a weak type w/o actually having to play as the char.
- fast warps to lobbies
- revive myself instead of using scapes when soloing
- do 2 player missions solo if i wanted
- getting 2 sonic statues, frypans, etc.
- also i could have one char afk leveling PAs, while still being able to play w/ my other

DonRoyale
Jul 15, 2007, 04:01 PM
God knows you'd need a MALE char >.>

And I suppose if you actually plan to level them o.O

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
I have a male char http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Garnet_Moon
Jul 15, 2007, 04:11 PM
Do what the cool people do.

JP PC
NA PC or Xbox 360.

Two accounts for the same region is really pointless.

KidoKresh
Jul 15, 2007, 04:16 PM
My brother and I(proper grammar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif) both have our own accounts... but we share MY xbox and it kinda difficult to trade items.

Wallin
Jul 15, 2007, 04:23 PM
I say no because you can't effectively play them both at the same time. It's real time combat, so trying to switch between the two for heals is pretty much out of the question, there's no /follow command, and exp is by tagging rather than just standing there. The only reason you'd really need one is for more character slots, but unless all of yours are already level 90, you probably shouldn't spread it out like that in my opinion. As long as you have one of each race on your account, if you want to play a different class, just change it, the cost is cheap.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 15, 2007, 04:24 PM
I used to have 2 accounts, but i deleted one of em.

Mayu
Jul 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
I wouldn't do it lol <.<

VanHalen
Jul 15, 2007, 04:27 PM
I'm planning on buying a second account for my sister once we get a PC that can run PSU.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 04:31 PM
one account is good enough for me and my girlfriend to play

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 15, 2007, 04:37 PM
Having multiple accounts on an online RPG really isn't terribly uncommon. At worst, it just means that you've got perhaps a little too much time on your hands.

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 04:38 PM
Hard to decide ._.

VanHalen
Jul 15, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-07-15 14:38, Kyoukan wrote:
Hard to decide ._.

A 2nd account is also good to convince friends to join. Idk if I'd buy my friend an account though cause that would be 30$. Even though he may consider playing.

ThEoRy
Jul 15, 2007, 05:18 PM
On 2007-07-15 14:31, TheLOLBandit wrote:

Not simultaneously....

DEM_CIG
Jul 15, 2007, 05:47 PM
yes, if ur the only 1 that plays the game in ur house...

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 05:52 PM
On 2007-07-15 15:18, Octagon wrote:

On 2007-07-15 14:31, TheLOLBandit wrote:

Not simultaneously....

of course not
that is why i plan on buying her a 360 and getting her own account going so we can play together

Uraiel_Geru
Jul 15, 2007, 06:06 PM
I see no big deal with a second account, there are various reasons to do so. Personally, I've been planning on getting one sometime soon when I get some old friends to finally come play, as all four of my main account's characters are level 50+. I'd much rather play along with my friends' low level characters as a low level character.

Wallin
Jul 15, 2007, 06:13 PM
On 2007-07-15 14:37, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
Having multiple accounts on an online RPG really isn't terribly uncommon. At worst, it just means that you've got perhaps a little too much time on your hands.

It's not uncommon, but in most MMOs it actually has utility. For example in DAoC you would use one account for a buffbot/healer. In most other games you could use one to heal while the other is on auto-attack hacking away at the stationary monster. You can't use two accounts in PSU simultaneously for any real value, just for extra character spaces.

And it's possible with the merging of worlds on Japan's PSU that they may get a total of 8 character slots, so we may be as well. If we did manage to it would just be overkill, but without character transfers you'd be stuck paying double per month still.

Inazuma had most of the good points about them, but many of them don't have much value.

- Luck: This is somewhat useless because you'd have to level every character on the other account to 75 to go rare farming or else you're restricted to doing whatever mission rank they're high enough for. If they're all level 1, it means you're stuck with C level.

- Double mission rewards: You'll get more money from HSM, but that's a 4-player co-op, and who is going to want to group with a bot that just takes up space? Otherwise you'd have to solo the mission and just settle for B or A rank, which would be a pain to constantly change between accounts for the switches in the temple. You also can't use the PA Fragments on the other account because you can't transfer them outside the account.

- MP Gain with No Work: You would get more MP running HSM than any other group mission, and again, there's no value in running HSM with a bot.

- Revive: Again, this is only good if the character is a high enough level to go with you on the mission levels, and against bosses the bot would be a sitting duck

- Leveling PAs: This is useless because you can't play two accounts at once. Otherwise you can just as easily leave the game running when you're sleeping/at work/at school for the same result, which would only take you a few extra days - not worth the money.

- Fast warp, 2-player soloing, more bonus items: These do have merit to them, whether they outweigh all the other points is up to the player.

MSAksion
Jul 15, 2007, 06:30 PM
The Original AKSION TEAM is just me and my Younger Brother. So even from day 2 (day one account log in problems >_>) we have always run together.

Benefits of having two people in the same house playing the same game together;

1) Speed Advantage - TYPING is slow. Just yelling down the hall is good enough to say "HEAL ME!" or "I'll stay and finish up here you go on ahead to save time"

2) Time - he can split off and join another team while i take the other. We can cover more ground and we can split our powers and abilities to more people. For the Team!

3) Warping - I have four characters so does he. So all together we have four spare characters we park in various HOTSPOTS aroung Gurhal. When our friends need a lift we have our 3rds and 4ths ready to warp.

==MOST IMPORTANT ==
4) Item Drops - with SIX people in a party each person gets a 16% chance of an item. With us 2 that is raised to 32%. But a party of FOUR - him and I together get a FIFTY 50% chance of getting an item randomly. Just throw 2 NPC/PM in and we're ready to hunt.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 15, 2007, 06:33 PM
I had two accounts one time, and I had to cancel one or I'd be thrown into debt.

Gryffin
Jul 15, 2007, 07:05 PM
MY OPINION WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gryffin on 2007-07-15 19:14 ]</font>

BanF
Jul 15, 2007, 07:11 PM
People with more than one account should be thrown in jail, while all their rarz are given out to the general public.

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 07:23 PM
Ban: What does that have anything to do with anything?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyoukan on 2007-07-15 17:57 ]</font>

PALRAPPYS
Jul 15, 2007, 07:23 PM
On 2007-07-15 17:11, BanF wrote:
People with more than one account should be thrown in jail, while all their rarz are given out to the general public.

Well that sure wasn't very nice. Jealousy, no?

As for two accounts... my brother and I have our own since it was too hard for us too share with him hogging the 360 all the time. He claimed I played more than him... I only had 1 char at the time, he had 2, last space was pretty much empty. I also usually only had 1-2 more hrs than his char's combined, though I only played PSU at the time, and he played other games.

Then when our 360 broke down we bought another 360 (I chipped in so I wouldn't have to bother sharing anymore) so we could have our own when we got mine back. I'm very happy we did that. Since February, we've had our own accounts.

I have considered getting an extra account though... but I don't know whether or not it'd exactly be worth the money. :/

-Ryuki-
Jul 15, 2007, 07:35 PM
You guys need to consider Rin's status with his current account.
His highest lvl is in the late 40's/early 50's. All his alts are below lvl 30.
He wants a 2nd account for more characters, and he doesn't even have
a character capped yet.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 15, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-07-15 17:23, Kyoukan wrote:
What does that have anything to do with anything?

My life-story? Oh nothing.

RegulusHikari
Jul 15, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-07-15 17:11, BanF wrote:

You are right! Because those who spend money that they earn from this thing called a job for an account for a real life friend or relative to play CLEARLY has caused some criminal offense! What was I thinking?

You REALLY must not like people who spend more than 20 minutes playing an online game the way your attitude is. I'm not sure how you live with yourself posting on an online message board with a bunch of people you don't know, just to prove a point. Your self esteem is through the roof.

On Topic: I voted that it depends. There's definitely nothing wrong with having a separate account for someone you personally know. But I REALLY don't see the need for 8 characters. I can barely cap my main before the cap raises. But hey, if you enjoy the game that much, then go for it. Just make sure you get some fresh air every now and then. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RegulusHikari on 2007-07-15 17:47 ]</font>

Wallin
Jul 15, 2007, 07:47 PM
I'm not sure why people are talking about multiple accounts for multiple players, that's an entirely different subject. The question is, does one person need more than one account?

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 08:26 PM
>~>

malice_nyc
Jul 15, 2007, 08:38 PM
You're on the PC/PS2 servers? Watch out, because PlaySega billing doesn't like it when you try to have two accounts on the same credit card.

I went to buy an account for a friend so they could try the game, and the card got rejected by some fraud detection thingy (error 192 if anyone cares). Next time my account came up for renewal, the same thing happened to me. It's been more than a month, and I still cannot renew my account, with the same credit card I used for seven months with no problems. Sega support is useless, and you'll consider yourself lucky if they even deign to respond to repeated requests for help.

Maybe try this if you have a card listed under another address, like a Visa gift card or something. Otherwise, it might not be worth the risk. It sure wasn't in my case http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Niered
Jul 15, 2007, 08:49 PM
When you have so much time that you require 2 accounts for a total of 8 characters in a game like PSU...

It is officially time to:

a). Get a hobby.
b). Get a job.
c). Get a new game.
d). All of the above.

This game is fun. Actually its great by my opinions, but its not THAT great. Its not ZOMG AWSUM IMA SPEND 20 BUX AMUNTH FO DIS GAME.

In fact, I have as of yet to play a game worth spending twenty dollars a month on for any extended period of time.

Kyoukan
Jul 15, 2007, 09:05 PM
Ok heres how it rolls
I dont want a second account cuz i have too much time on this game.
In fact I AFK enough as it is.
I refer to Ryukis previous post about my low lvl chars.

DurakkenX
Jul 15, 2007, 09:41 PM
i considered it...i think that if you need it for more char slots go ahead, or for more than one player in the house sure thing, but i'd have to say that that isn't the the case for most people so it's worthless for most people.

Kent
Jul 15, 2007, 09:46 PM
Why... Yes.

Yes, it is crazy.

In fact, you're crazy, just for questioning whether or not it'd be crazy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Powder Keg
Jul 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
For one person, kinda...otherwise no.

Zer0_ConvoY
Jul 15, 2007, 10:01 PM
well WoW is $15 a month, with far more character slots then ANYONE could use, $5 more so you can have 8 chars, not so bad IMO.

Morganna
Jul 15, 2007, 10:33 PM
Can you run PSU twice on the same computer?

Piru
Jul 16, 2007, 01:01 AM
why did it post twice? at different times?

Serephim
Jul 16, 2007, 01:02 AM
i fail to see the purpose of this topic

ashley50
Jul 16, 2007, 01:54 AM
yay for 2 accounts =p

Zael
Jul 16, 2007, 05:02 AM
I have an account on PC/PS2 servers and one for 360 servers...

Starrz
Jul 16, 2007, 08:15 AM
I spend a hell of a lot more money on cookies and soda than I do on PSU. $20 a month is virtually nothing.

Ryno
Jul 16, 2007, 09:34 AM
On 2007-07-15 13:30, Kyoukan wrote:
^

Well i'm actualy paying for 3 accounts plus 3 xbox live gold accounts.. so that's more.

Kyoukan
Jul 16, 2007, 10:12 AM
On 2007-07-15 23:02, Serephim wrote:
i fail to see the purpose of this topic

To help me decide whether i should get 2 accounts. I just wanna get opinions from others.

Kaydin
Jul 16, 2007, 11:42 AM
Lol Rin, I never thought you'd post about this. xD I thought you'd pretty much made up your mind, since you've been talking about it for days.

I'm for sure making a second account. Reasons why:
- I do not see level 50 or so as "low". Several of my characters will probably never level past there. On some of my chars, once they hit a high enough level to use the weapons I want them to use, I won't level them as much, and they'll kinda stay there. It's fun sometimes to play a lower level. I'm definitely not an "I have to have all chars at the level cap" elitist kind of guy. Of course, they'll all hit level cap eventually, it's kind of inevitable, but I'm not that serious about getting them there.
- I want to have all race/gender combinations. Only one I'll be missing once I make all 8 characters is Human Female, since I'm making another Human Male instead.
- Another purpose to my second account is to let friends play on it and try the game out, etc. And, even if they like the game but not enough to pay for their own account, I'll always have my second one for them to log into.

Scion
Jul 16, 2007, 03:34 PM
Hmm, I say no, it's not that bad of an idea. Thing is, will you be able to attend to both? What the real issue is, will you end up buying this account and never touching it because you're still playing on your first one?

That's what you should ask yourself, really. XD

I would like to make a second one because of the fact that I have more characters. Make them the opposite gender of what I have now. But, not just that, but I'd love to try my hand in those "taboo" race/class combos (because Rain has inspired me to do so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif).

It's just, though, I don't wanna pay an extra $10 a month just for an account that I can play when I'm "bored" of the other one (I mean, really, if I'm bored of playing at that moment, then I'm bored of playing...but that's just me, lol). I say that because I still haven't exactly "finished" this account off (lol, I haven't beat PSU on this account yet, xD). I would do it once I feel committed to do both. But, right now, it seems like I won't, lol.

It's not a matter of how much time you'll have. It's just a matter of if you'll be able to put equal amounts of attention into both. If you can manage that, then go for it! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kyoukan
Jul 16, 2007, 04:37 PM
Well Hik thats deep man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif, but if u wanna lvl some new chars on the second account and ur bored of the one account at the moment u can cancel it till ur ready to play on it again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Scion
Jul 16, 2007, 05:02 PM
Lol, that's not exactly what I meant. I said if I ever got bored one day or something lol.

Basically, I'm just saying, it's not such a wise idea if you're gonna treat that second account as something you play as on "rainy days" lol. But, I know you'll probably give the second account the attention it deserves, so go ahead and make it if you really really want to. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

mrlion
Jul 16, 2007, 05:07 PM
The thing is why do peopl want more slots so bad? What are the benefits of having more slots? You have 4 races....one slot each...yeah...

Wallin
Jul 16, 2007, 05:12 PM
Four races, two genders, more storage, and there are other things you can do between 2 accounts (though I still don't think any of them are worth it - free bonus stuff is always a plus though!).

And yes, gender does matter, and no, we're not even going to discuss the ethics/values/thought process/whatever of a person playing male and female characters - people do, myself included, let's just leave it at that! LOL

Is it really necessary, and is it worth an extra $10 month, that's the question.

Personally I think you should really just focus on winning the lottery, then yeah, go ahead and get a second account. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kyoukan
Jul 16, 2007, 05:32 PM
The thing is some people dont have each race in one slot (like me) so 4 more slots can be a good thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wallin
Jul 16, 2007, 05:36 PM
That's why I wish I had two accounts, I don't actually care for Beasts that much, but I feel like I have to have one just in case. Right now he's the alt running my shop, LOL.

Kaloa
Jul 16, 2007, 06:16 PM
2 accounts would be a waste of money. PSU isn't worth a $20 a month subscription fee IMO.

Kyoukan
Jul 17, 2007, 06:02 PM
>_>

Mayu
Jul 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
accck don't do it!!! nuuuuu

Save your money http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif