PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Puyo Puyo

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2007, 07:33 PM
First law of Puyo:
Ojama will always land in the most inconvenient place possible, destroying your combo.

Second Law of Puyo:
Whenever victory seems to be assured, your opponent will perform a large combo and you will lose.

Third Law of Puyo:
The speed at which your Puyo drop will alway increase when the potential for it to cause you to mess up is greatest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-07-15 20:16 ]</font>

Tact
Jul 15, 2007, 07:37 PM
Hmm. I can see it now:

Puyo Puyo: FKL Edition.

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2007, 08:00 PM
Would it be classic Puyo or Fever?

Sayara
Jul 15, 2007, 08:13 PM
fevkl.

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2007, 08:27 PM
I like Arle better than Amitie, she's kinda' annoying.

Meyfei
Jul 15, 2007, 09:00 PM
im the most annoying person on earth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2007, 09:01 PM
Get really real!

TalHex
Jul 15, 2007, 09:03 PM
i only played the demo on PSO +

Sord
Jul 15, 2007, 09:40 PM
only played spin offs like Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine and Kirby's Avalanche. Fun as hell though with someone to play with. I grew up as a kid more on the sega genesis, so I played Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine a lot. The whole family plays it, and we still drag out our genesis once in awhile to play it.

You know, there's really something to be said for classic games that last that long, when nowadays I play a game and as soon as I bet it I'm generally done with it. Maybe some side quests and stuff, but once that's done I'm done for good usually. A few days ago we dragged out the N64 and my family has been playing that for awhile. I joined them and we played Snow Boarding kids for a few hours. It's probably the first time my family has done something that close in awhile. My sister got back into Mario 64 and Banjo Kazzoie, whilst I'm back to my Kirby and the Crystal Shards.

Another thing, I want cartridge games back damnit. CDs scratch way to easily. Most of my family won't take proper care of games, and they become unusable within a month or two, making them completely unusable unless I horde them. Yet our games from sega genesis ate still fully functional and we have to original gameboy games we still play (bomberman and Tetris.) Heck, even the DS cartridges are better then CDs, despite their small size. One of our dogs cleared the corner straight off of my littlest sister's Animal Crossing wild world. You can see the chip and everything, but it still works. Gib me mah cartridges damnit!

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2007, 09:43 PM
Cartridges are more expensive to produce and are capable of holding less data. :/

Other than that, I agree, they are better.

Sord
Jul 15, 2007, 09:47 PM
On 2007-07-15 19:43, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Cartridges are more expensive to produce and are capable of holding less data. :/

Other than that, I agree, they are better.

technically the cartridge itself doesn't have to hold data. It can have a disk within it, that comes out or is read when it is put in the system. No doubt about production being higher though on that. But considering how much longer it would last it makes more sense to me. Like I said, CDs, few months, a few years if a horde them. Cartidges, so far nearly my lifetime, I'll be 18 on the 22nd. I'll gladly chuck out another 20 bucks to keep that game nye-indestructable.

Weeaboolits
Jul 15, 2007, 09:51 PM
They could encase them like PSP UMD's.

Also,
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Screencaps/puyocap.png