PDA

View Full Version : PSU voice chat.

Balthasar
Jul 15, 2007, 10:52 PM
I know Blicen used to have a PSU Vent server, but it has since been shut down, I believe. Is there currently any way to voice chat on PSU?

TheLOLBandit
Jul 15, 2007, 11:20 PM
yes on the 360
not sure about PC/PS version though

but the chat sucks
1. the other players lag and the voice cuts up which is annoying
2. some people can hear other people
3. you can hear people but not speak to them
4. mic constantly breaks and you always have to replace them... for PSU and other games on the 360

so overall i think chat is nice but it getts annoying at times

Chuck_Norris
Jul 15, 2007, 11:23 PM
I think voice chat would be nice, I mean Sega has no excuse do not put it in, Both PC and PS2 can use mics so why not give us them? It would make fighting a lot easier so you dont have to stop and type so much.

BloodDragoon
Jul 15, 2007, 11:29 PM
Voice chat in game is overrated. There's not need to use it for supposedly organizing the party in the mission if everyone knows what they're supposed to do in the first place.

Midicronica
Jul 15, 2007, 11:58 PM
On 2007-07-15 21:29, BloodDragoon wrote:
Voice chat in game is overrated. There's not need to use it for supposedly organizing the party in the mission if everyone knows what they're supposed to do in the first place.

Typing by itself is boring. I also don't understand why voice chat couldn't be on PC or PS2.

Chuck_Norris
Jul 16, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-07-15 21:29, BloodDragoon wrote:

I disagree, It would make fighting much easier if only so you dont have to type, People in parties who talk a lot wouldn't die as much i'm sure cause they could just talk, And if they let us mute people who wont shut up than i think it would work out very well.

lethe
Jul 16, 2007, 12:06 AM
in game voice chat comes in handy, esspecially in intense battles ( 5 jarbas, 1 techer, everyone needs a heal) not to mention it makes playin alot easier as you dont have to type everything, i play on 360, ive tried playin while usin a keyboard and the mic is just so much easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Balthasar
Jul 16, 2007, 11:30 AM
1. I obviously meant for PC/PS2. Do you really think I'd come to psow and post asking about the existence of voice chat if I played on 360?
2. I never asked for anyone's opinion on the usefullness/how much they like/dislike voice chat. I simply wanted to know what happened to Blicen's Server, and if there was any medium for voice chat available for the PC/PS2 servers.

Insufferable; incomprehensible.
I'm hiding in the trading section and never coming out again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Balthasar on 2007-07-16 09:32 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Jul 16, 2007, 11:35 AM
You may wish to ask a Moderator to lock this. It's going to turn into a console war over Voice Chat, and you won't get an answer to your question.

A2K
Jul 16, 2007, 11:44 AM
Bad flame war, stay away, shoo

In any case, I'm somewhat confident that someone here is still maintaining a Ventrillo or Teamspeak server for PSU. Unfortunately I'm unaware of any details.

Alamar
Jul 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
Well you can one to one chat on PC. You just can't team chat.

Kimil
Jul 16, 2007, 01:28 PM
I wouldn't want Voice chat, because of my Experiences on PSOX...
Mic lag >_<>_<>_<
DAMN I Hated mic lag

but the chat sucks
4. mic constantly breaks and you always have to replace them... for PSU and other games on the 360

Doesn't really make me change my mind =/
But It was funny as hell when a HUnewearl would join the party and would saw hi in a manly voice, made melol a few times (hypocritical since my main is now fembeast

malice_nyc
Jul 16, 2007, 01:37 PM
I thought there was a Vent server? If not, you guys should rent one again... just make sure the Mac client is supported...

Would Skype work for any of this? Or stickam?

Ithildin
Jul 16, 2007, 01:47 PM
I don't bother using voice chat cos I'm shy and tbh I find ppl from the US don't understand my accent.

DreamLocke
Jul 16, 2007, 02:02 PM
I'm on 360 and I actually prefer to type since I play late and don't want to wake anyone up..

But some people will boot you if you don't have a mic.
So I'm that "whispering guy"

The funny thing about mics is when the mini-FT new femme named "Suzie" or something pipes up sounding like Vin Diesel.

DEM_CIG
Jul 16, 2007, 02:46 PM
I can never hear the fourth person and party... on the 360

-Ryuki-
Jul 16, 2007, 03:01 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=148108&forum=20&5

McLaughlin
Jul 16, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-07-16 11:28, Kimil wrote:
I wouldn't want Voice chat, because of my Experiences on PSOX...
Mic lag >_<>_<>_<
DAMN I Hated mic lag

but the chat sucks

Doesn't really make me change my mind =/
But It was funny as hell when a HUnewearl would join the party and would saw hi in a manly voice, made melol a few times (hypocritical since my main is now fembeast

Voice lag in PSO was the only game I've ever heard of it happening on. In every other game (including PSU) it works just dandy.

As for that guy you quoted...almost every issue he listed is a router problem, save the breaking-the-mic thing, which happens when you treat your electronics like crap.

KidoKresh
Jul 16, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-07-16 12:02, DreamLocke wrote:
I'm on 360 and I actually prefer to type since I play late and don't want to wake anyone up..

But some people will boot you if you don't have a mic.
So I'm that "whispering guy"

The funny thing about mics is when the mini-FT new femme named "Suzie" or something pipes up sounding like Vin Diesel.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif It is funny a weird at the same time is hear that short Female character have a deep voice through voice chat. I don't talk through my headset I just type the whole time...

KveerRaven
Jul 16, 2007, 05:15 PM
Really, this definitely needs to be locked. Like voice chat, or don't. Lets all leave it at that.

pokefiend
Jul 16, 2007, 07:27 PM
On 2007-07-15 22:06, lethe wrote:
in game voice chat comes in handy, esspecially in intense battles ( 5 jarbas, 1 techer, everyone needs a heal) not to mention it makes playin alot easier as you dont have to type everything, i play on 360, ive tried playin while usin a keyboard and the mic is just so much easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

... Half the time you cant hear what one party member is saying, and you cant check through a log like you can when using text.

Typing delivers more clarity. Voice chat is for lazy ppl... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PALRAPPYS
Jul 16, 2007, 07:34 PM
On 2007-07-16 17:27, pokefiend wrote:

On 2007-07-15 22:06, lethe wrote:

... Half the time you cant hear what one party member is saying, and you cant check through a log like you can when using text.

Typing delivers more clarity. Voice chat is for lazy ppl... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not necessarily. Voice chat can really help when on boss fights and such. Typing in a boss isn't always your #1 favorite thing to do.

I personally just use a keyboard still though. I hate the mics... always makes your voice sound weird and such. Plus it annoys my right side of my head... >.< I do wish PSU had voice masking like in Halo 2 though.

Kion
Jul 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-07-16 12:02, DreamLocke wrote:

That's the main reason I don't want voice chat. It would turn me off to the game. Also ranting and yelling is limited when you can only type one line at a time.

What I want is more speach bubble customization. To be able to choose your bubble color, text color, font, and the ability to use symbols.

pokefiend
Jul 16, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-07-16 17:36, Kion wrote:
What I want is more speach bubble customization. To be able to choose your bubble color, text color, font, and the ability to use symbols.

Like the Japanese v.v

BloodDragoon
Jul 16, 2007, 07:51 PM
My biggest problem with these voice chat discussions?

Well I see people always say stuff like "its so convenient, you can just say stuff to ppl in the middle of a fight so they know what to do or to keep people organized"

First off, now maybe I'm spoiled a little by playing FFXI for years with mostly JP players, or actually working at a job that has competent employees, everyone should know exactly what they are supposed to be doing at any given time. Thus eliminating the need to use chat either voice or text based mid battle to give direction, null, voided, not needed at all. Sometimes I MIGHT use voice chat for socialization purposes when I feel like it. Otherwise I stick with text. Then again I can type 47 wpm 1 handed and a standard keyboard which comes from work experience.

Case in point, stop trying to label voice chat as some essential function or a necessity, its a convenience at best.

Kion
Jul 17, 2007, 01:09 PM
On 2007-07-16 17:48, pokefiend wrote:

On 2007-07-16 17:36, Kion wrote:

Like the Japanese v.v

yes! (ノ^△^)ノ 

Edit: why does japanese work on rena's sig and not my post? T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-17 11:11 ]</font>

A2K
Jul 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
This thread is being locked by the OP's request.