PDA

View Full Version : PSU-PS2: Strange Photon Charge-Wasting Glitch.

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 05:41 PM
I ran into a strange glitch at Plains Overlord S2 today. In which, I would use a Photon Charge, go to another item, go back to my now-charged weapon, only to see my PP gone. First off, though, before the story, let me say the facts.

These may or may not be important to figuring out this glitch:

Item in pallete above PC's(Agtaride)Below(Confusion Trap G)

The weapon I was charging was a Nightwalker+1

I had two NPCS with me, both dead at the time. (one was my PM)

After using the PC, I went up to agtaride, and back to nightwalker. PP was gone at this point, back to 4 like it was when I started

Anyways, here is how I did this glitch:
1: Had selected a weapon with some pp missing
2: Went over to Photon Charge in my pallete
3:(at this point, weapon was visibally charged)Went back over to PC's, then moved one space up on the left side of the pallete to Agtarides, but instead of using it, went back to the weapon (Did not let go, just moved the highlighted region over the weapon again and THEN let go.) I had charged.

At that point, the weapon acted as if it was never charged.

Basically, I would appreciate it if someone else could try this method, and see if they get the same result.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-16 15:42 ]</font>

JAFO22000
Jul 16, 2007, 05:49 PM
At what point after initially using the photon charge did your weapon revert to having no PP? Can you recreate the incident? Are you SURE you used a PC and not, say, a monomate?

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 05:55 PM
On 2007-07-16 15:49, JAFO22000 wrote:
At what point after initially using the photon charge did your weapon revert to having no PP? Can you recreate the incident? Are you SURE you used a PC and not, say, a monomate?

I can tell you something now.
It isnt even that.
ALL MY weapons are now doing this.
I dont even have to go up on my pallete anymore.
WHENEVER i use a pc now, and use a pa, after the pa, my pp is reset to 4.
I think im glitched, i might have to log off.

ShinAnt
Jul 16, 2007, 05:56 PM
Same thing happened to me in sleeping warriors. Except it was with a wand using diga.

ryvius
Jul 16, 2007, 05:56 PM
I've had something similar happen, where two of my xbows would empty to 1/2 PP after a charge and a few shots. I removed them all from my palette, but one of them still had the little icon next to it showing that it was supposedly still on the palette.

Anyway, it fixed after I logged off once and I haven't seen it since..

Kaloa
Jul 16, 2007, 06:14 PM
I had something similar happen to me the other day. I was in LL using my sword and I ran out of pp. I used a photon charge on my sword and when I went to attack with a PA I watched my pp drain down to 0. Actually, I think it was a 1-digit number like 1 or 2, but I can't remember.

Anyways, I went through about 4 photon charges, watching my sword's pp fill up and drain back down upon using my sword's PA. The problem went away after moving on to the second block though.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 16, 2007, 06:18 PM
Well, I know if you have 2 weapons equipped, Like a right and left weapon using a PC recharges 1/2 of each but i don't think that could have effected it..

EspioKaos
Jul 16, 2007, 06:44 PM
I had this happen to me during Firebreak. I was trying to cast buffs on my party and each time I'd cast one TECHNIC, my rod's PP would be completely drained. Or, it'd be taken down to a single digit number, at least. I went through three or four Photon Charges only to have the same thing happen each time I'd cast something. I went back to the lobby to use the Photon Charge Cube instead of wasting more PCs, and when I got back, everything was fixed. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since.

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-07-16 16:44, EspioKaos wrote:
I had this happen to me during Firebreak. I was trying to cast buffs on my party and each time I'd cast one TECHNIC, my rod's PP would be completely drained. Or, it'd be taken down to a single digit number, at least. I went through three or four Photon Charges only to have the same thing happen each time I'd cast something. I went back to the lobby to use the Photon Charge Cube instead of wasting more PCs, and when I got back, everything was fixed. Thankfully, it hasn't happened since.

It seems the PC cube fixed it as well.
Still a weird glitch.

ZeroVer01
Jul 16, 2007, 07:10 PM
Happened to me before also, it is pretty rare, thankfully. I think it is some type of lag issue.

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 07:53 PM
Woo, 1337 posts.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 16, 2007, 08:07 PM
Psh it's only a glitch if you can abuse it :3

FUFME
Jul 16, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-07-16 15:41, Ryoki wrote:
I ran into a strange glitch at Plains Overlord S2 today. In which, I would use a Photon Charge, go to another item, go back to my now-charged weapon, only to see my PP gone. First off, though, before the story, let me say the facts.

There is no sense debating this topic. It's a known issue since the beginning of this game and even happens Offline mode.

Do not link recharges and you need to go into the Menu Option each time, manually select the weapon and choose recharge. That is the only fix and work around