PDA

View Full Version : Rare drops...can't find the answer anywhere...

KveerRaven
Jul 16, 2007, 05:46 PM
I remember the good ole days of PSO when you knew what enemy dropped what rare and it was great. I can't seem to find an answer to my question though.

On PSU (on 360) do you actually find rare weapons (besides some that are sold in the NPC and User Shops) by them dropping off defeated enemies, only the [B] that creates them or both? I'd love to start going on rare hunts. I'm tired of finding and buying new weapons that all look the same. I miss the photon blade actually changing color when you buy or find the next level weapon, rather than having to put an element on it. I want my Brand to be a Brand....not a green colored photon blade that happens to be stronger (some things I should write ST about perhaps)

Ok, sorry, just ranting and raving, and see, look, already going on topic. sorry...

pikachief
Jul 16, 2007, 05:50 PM
only S rank boards drop but of A ranks u can get both.

I've gotten evil twins and the 9* wand from enemies before. i have also seen full phantoms drop and so on.

JAFO22000
Jul 16, 2007, 05:52 PM
You only find the boards. Run missions that level 100+ creatures inhabit and some may drop them. Current S rank drop missions are: Rainbow Beast S2, Desert Terror S2, The Mad Beasts S2, Plains Overlord S2 and Sleeping Warriors S2. There are other 10* weapons as certain boss drops, but the above are the most common missions to run in search of rares.

A2K
Jul 16, 2007, 05:59 PM
Depends on what you think constitutes as "rare," I suppose. Some A grade weaponry (seven to nine star rarity) can drop as the board, already made form, or both, but 10 star and above S grade items can be found as synthesis boards only (and at this point can only be found from S2 missions with LV100+ monsters, with one or two exceptions).

TheBlackDeath
Jul 16, 2007, 06:00 PM
Well since basically any weapon that you find can be sold in a player shop I'll just disregard that and look at the NPC shop. There are a lot of weapons that just don't drop as a weapon and you can only find in board form from an enemy. For example, no enemy in the game whatsoever will drop an axe, but some will drop a board for it. With other weapons it usually stops dropping weapons off of enemies when you reach 7 or 9 stars and with 9* it could still drop from a boss box. When you go up into S rank weapons then you'll never get an actual weapon ever, only a board that you can turn into a monomate after spending millions on trying to make it.

Edit: If you want to go looking for an actual weapon drop you can look for it in the database here at PSOW. It's got the most accurate information you can find and in the easiest-to-understand format available. It's just that sometimes there is no enemy or boss box that will drop it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBlackDeath on 2007-07-16 16:03 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jul 17, 2007, 07:53 AM
On 2007-07-16 16:00, TheBlackDeath wrote:
Well since basically any weapon that you find can be sold in a player shop I'll just disregard that and look at the NPC shop. There are a lot of weapons that just don't drop as a weapon and you can only find in board form from an enemy. For example, no enemy in the game whatsoever will drop an axe, but some will drop a board for it. With other weapons it usually stops dropping weapons off of enemies when you reach 7 or 9 stars and with 9* it could still drop from a boss box. When you go up into S rank weapons then you'll never get an actual weapon ever, only a board that you can turn into a monomate after spending millions on trying to make it.

Edit: If you want to go looking for an actual weapon drop you can look for it in the database here at PSOW. It's got the most accurate information you can find and in the easiest-to-understand format available. It's just that sometimes there is no enemy or boss box that will drop it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheBlackDeath on 2007-07-16 16:03 ]</font>

Thanks. Greatly appreciated. I did look at the Weapon lists and how to get them, I just couldn't believe that the majority of the 9* rares were obtained by synthing only! I've heard quite a few horror stories from my friend who has found 9* [B] and failed on his first attempt, having to find yet another [B]. Like I said, the I miss the good ole days...

Saphion
Jul 17, 2007, 08:17 AM
What about in the expansion? During the beta, were the new rares drops or boards? I'm really hoping the PSO items (Holy Ray, Chain Sawd etc. etc.) drop fully-made.

I'd buy it on day of release if that happened.

I really despise PSU's synthesis system.

TheBlackDeath
Jul 17, 2007, 12:23 PM
Well in the expansion there's word of a different system with synthing that until you make a weapon off of a board it won't use up one of the attempt slots. Basically the amount of weapons that are possible to make off of the board will make, it'll still cost you the materials but this isn't as bad as losing a board.

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:23, TheBlackDeath wrote:
Well in the expansion there's word of a different system with synthing that until you make a weapon off of a board it won't use up one of the attempt slots. Basically the amount of weapons that are possible to make off of the board will make, it'll still cost you the materials but this isn't as bad as losing a board.

With the exception of armor costs, this might actually make me love synthing again...

TheBlackDeath
Jul 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
With the exception of armor costs, this might actually make me love synthing again...

I wholeheartedly agree since somehow my strike/tech PM failed a melee weapon with a 61% chance of success and made a bow with a 34% chance of success. Then proceeding to make another bow and failing two spears at the same 61% rate.

KveerRaven
Jul 18, 2007, 07:49 AM
I wholeheartedly agree since somehow my strike/tech PM failed a melee weapon with a 61% chance of success and made a bow with a 34% chance of success. Then proceeding to make another bow and failing two spears at the same 61% rate.

Yep. Failed to make a Claymaud with a 84% chance but was successful in synthing a 7 star armor with a 25% chance. My PM is purely on Striking and Range and ZERO on armor. I'm not quite sure they worked out all the bugs or really sat down to think this through...

beatrixkiddo
Jul 18, 2007, 01:47 PM
Well, a higher percentage doesn't mean it will succeed. Odds are odds.

Aralia
Jul 18, 2007, 02:27 PM
*just thought I'd add that bil de vears in System Defense S have dropped ank barde for me before 8* axe.

Read it in one of the posts above. >.>

Good example would be vahra claws. They never drop as a weapon, but the board drops from Go Vahras as a special drop. (s rank+ vahras)

D1ABOLIK
Jul 18, 2007, 06:44 PM
On 2007-07-17 06:17, Saphion wrote:
What about in the expansion? During the beta, were the new rares drops or boards? I'm really hoping the PSO items (Holy Ray, Chain Sawd etc. etc.) drop fully-made.

I'd buy it on day of release if that happened.

I really despise PSU's synthesis system.

Im with you there.I hate the synthesis system with a passion.Whoever thought it up should be beaten."I know,instead of giving them the item we will give them the board for the item then when they spend millions to get the parts we give them a 5 million meseta monomate,wouldnt that be great?"ST pleeeaaasssee fire whoever came up with this garbage.

________
Reinsurance Forums (http://www.insurance-forums.org/reinsurance/)

jgar000
Jul 18, 2007, 06:55 PM
icant find any s rank gear in psu i think they should put the stuff in shops.

jgar000
Jul 18, 2007, 07:10 PM
on the brightside in the expansion not only can u find the board a lot easier,because of balancing drops,you will be able to find the actual weapon.