PDA

View Full Version : So do you think AoI will bring back the disgrunted? (A ??? f

pionear
Jul 16, 2007, 07:05 PM
Topic? To the people who played the beta, do you think that AoI will bring new life into PSU, and will it bring back the people who wasn't satisifed with PSU?

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 07:06 PM
I hope not. Those people were whiners.

PJ
Jul 16, 2007, 07:07 PM
On 2007-07-16 17:06, Ryoki wrote:

I like this post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Allison_W
Jul 16, 2007, 07:33 PM
I hope so. We need a population boost.

Para
Jul 16, 2007, 07:36 PM
On 2007-07-16 17:33, Allison_W wrote:
I hope so. We need a population boost.

I hope so too whiners or not, it would be nice to have a spike upwards for the community. They certainly can't complain about the amount of content this time lol.

So how many universes full can we expect? I bet max 2 universes full for PC/PS2 version if we're lucky. (Meaning ADVERTISE FOR THE GAME PEOPLE).

Clone365
Jul 16, 2007, 07:37 PM
Im guessing that the population will rise enough to fill universe 1&2 in nonpeak hours, and 3 and a half universes in peak hours. Just a guess.... (for 360)

ShadowDragon28
Jul 16, 2007, 07:39 PM
I'm really tired of immature gamers expecting every game to be "epic" and if a game's not
"epic" or violent/bloody/"hardcore" as they want the think it "sucks" and flame/bash it,
or whine about every little flaw that they either concieve of or just magnify any minor flaw into a perverbial huge mountain.

Now if only those players that keep on UNECCESSARILY and POINTLESSLY beating the dead horse (those few minor flaws) would stop beating on the damn horse's corpse and would stop expecting to horse to magically disappear, or turn into a prancing, shiny unicorn that will spray them with "epic" and "733t-ness" from it's horn.

Those ppl can go drink a can of STFU and play WOW, Gears of War/Halo2~3, and other flashy "epic" games they like; for all a care. I'm tired of reading that crap over and over again.

AC9breaker
Jul 16, 2007, 07:52 PM
To be honest with you, with what I played on the Beta, I would say no. However, with all the new information we've received, and all of the new stuff we're getting, I don't think I can respond in the same manner. I think it all will depend on how well Sega implements the Just Attack and Just counter features that will decide weather or not this game reaches a higher level.

Sekani
Jul 16, 2007, 08:21 PM
To answer the original question, no. It's still PSU, and it's still not PSO.

There are some people who think AoI will magically unsuckify the game in their eyes, but I just don't see it.

Zorafim
Jul 16, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-07-16 17:39, ShadowDragon28 wrote:
I'm really tired of immature gamers expecting every game to be "epic" and if a game's not
"epic" or violent/bloody/"hardcore" as they want the think it "sucks" and flame/bash it,
or whine about every little flaw that they either concieve of or just magnify any minor flaw into a perverbial huge mountain.

So, you're saying Phantasy Star sucks?

I know that the expansion will bring back many players. I don't hope, or think, I know. Why? because everyone that quit PSU says "I'll come back once the expansion hits" without exception. They know what PSU can offer, but they don't want to put up with its flaws.
As it stands right now, many of the things that everyone complained about are being fixed, either as we speak or to be released with the expansion. Because of this, there'll be more people that stay and fewer that leave.
Now, these people aren't whining, they're complaining. PSU does have many things wrong with it, whether you admit it or not. They were hoping for more, and were disappointed. As Sega fixes the things they realize are wrong, PSU will become closer to perfection, and the people will rejoice. And that's when PSU fans will start saying "What's PSO?" (though admitantly, that'll mean that more people will think of newmen as space elves, which saddens me...).

RedX
Jul 16, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-07-16 18:21, Sekani wrote:

There are some people who think AoI will magically unsuckify the game in their eyes, but I just don't see it.

I agree totally with this. It is still PSU no matter how you look at it. The people that think that hate the game right now and think that AoI will make them love the game are in for a big disappointment.

These additions that Sega is implementing may sound like they will change the game a lot, but it's just that, they just sound like they will. If you think about the main things that most people left for is because of the lack of rares, the synthing system, and the fact that is NOT PSO.

All these things are staying the same. There are quite a few rares right now but you don't see a lot of people coming back for that, as they wouldn't have high enough level characters to get them all. It's going to be the same thing with AoI, you have to be high level to get them. As far as we are aware the synthing system is staying exactly the same.

All the things that are from PSO, do not make it PSO. When it comes out, I guarantee you there will be a ton of topics that are complaining about madoog not being mags, The forest and co. not being the same thing, etc.

Hell, even the battle system is fundamentally the same thing. All they are doing is add some tweaks to the same system. It's still going to be a "PA spam-fest", with maybe a little more normal attacks, but not many. PA's are still going to out damage normal attacks, even with "Just Attack".

So really if you didn't like PSU muych you're not going to like AoI much.

Wallin
Jul 16, 2007, 09:25 PM
I highly doubt it will bring people back. If people didn't know how to appreciate the game before, even a little (as most didn't), they won't see the value in an expansion. It's a shame, but more loot for us I guess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-07-16 19:26 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Jul 16, 2007, 09:38 PM
Zorafim.

I never said or wrote Phantasy Star sucks. I never implied that, so don't know how the heck you got that impression.

I wouldn't have all Ps 1-4, Ps II JP, PsIV Jp, the Compendium, the Memorial CD w/booklet, PSO Book of Hunters, and over a dozen pieces of Ps fan art and doodles I've drawn.

So FYI, I'm a huge fan of the Phantasy Star series.
I was refering to other gamers (not myself) that look at *PSU* or played it for a little and think it "sucks" because it's not WOW or Gears of War and say things like it's not "epic" or "hardcore", etc, etc.

AS well as whiney and bitchy NITPICKERS that like to beat a dead horse about a PSU's flaws. Yes it has a few flaws, but they are not so horrible that it makes PSU a horrible game that "sucks" cause IMO they don't.

I would if I could make and awesome and phenominal remake of the first "Phantasy Star" possible if I had the resources, programmers, original design team and the money.
I'd even love to see a "Phantasy Star V" by Rie and "Yoshibon" et all.

But I'm not going to berate, beat on and flame PSU cause it's not "PSO 2" or a
"Phantasty Star V" that's imagined as somekind a FF 13-like space-opera rpg like some would/may want.

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2007, 02:37 AM
I said that because you said that phantasy star wasn't epic and hardcore. It was totally epic. Epic and hardcore.
I wasn't entirely serious, in other words

PSU doesn't suck, but it has alot of flaws that people don't have to put up with. They can go back to where they came from, to a game that's more mature in its life and more perfected, with many expansions that make the game better. The reason why many of them came was that it was a PSO sequel, and they left after they figured out it wasn't PSO. They also didn't see anything that made it its own game, either. I think I heard often, "It's like they tried to make PSO, and failed miserably". I myself have stayed for the same reason I checked this forum since I heard about the game, it looks damn good. Unfortunately, the gameplay took a huge hit since PSO, but the fact that I can take my character, outfit her as I please, and give her a large palette of weapons and abilities makes me like the game.

It's 3:00 AM, and I still am not over losing my skela. I don't know what I'm saying anymore. I think I may of had a point somewhere... But either way, I am still annoyed that this isn't a continuation of a great series. It doesn't have the creative story telling of the PS series, or the strategic combat of PSO. It doesn't have to be exactly the same, I just want a story that pulls me in, and a combat system that doesn't bore me. Some music I could listen to hours on end without turning off the sound wouldn't hurt either, my playlist is getting old.
What were we talking about again?

Shou
Jul 17, 2007, 02:42 AM
On 2007-07-16 17:07, PJ wrote:

I like this post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I dont like it at all. AoI will bring nothing but wins to the dried up desert we call PSU. I only hope that it will flourish into a bountiful oasis :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-07-17 00:42 ]</font>

Shou
Jul 17, 2007, 02:49 AM

>>; AoI will magicly "unsuckify" psu and those "some people" you are refering to are more than the PSU population lol (probably about 170% more)
NO FLAME~~ but if you are unsure of what AoI is and what dramatic changes it will bring to PSU then you shoould search the AoI questions and answers thread it has allot of helpfull information that is sure to sway your opinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-07-17 00:49 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2007, 03:07 AM
Regardless, even if I'm the only one playing, it'd be nice to have these changes. Being able to make Levia into the vision of perfection she's supposed to be, choosing her palette based on preference of looks, having her class customized into exactly what I want, if ST keeps up the good work with the changes, they'll still have me behind them. Though would it kill them to bring out a decent story mission every now and then?

Sinue_v2
Jul 17, 2007, 04:24 AM
AS well as whiney and bitchy NITPICKERS that like to beat a dead horse about a PSU's flaws. Yes it has a few flaws, but they are not so horrible that it makes PSU a horrible game that "sucks" cause IMO they don't.

You seem to forget two things:

1. It's the whiners and nitpickers - and most of all the quitters, who have brought about many of the changes in AoI. No, Sonic Team doesn't troll the boards looking for disgruntaled players. But many of these issues the nitpickers bitch about are universal issues that Sonic Team would have to be deph not to hear complaints about. If everyone just shut up and played what they were given, we wouldn't be seeing the changes they're making in AoI. For once, Sonic Team is actually listening to the fanbase - somewhat.

2. This is a Phantasy Star community. No matter how distant or disconnected it may seem from PS or even PSO at times. That alone, when you signed up, should have been a red flag that there was going to be a lot of bitching, complaining, and whining going on. It's a hallmark of game communities in general, but Phantasy Star seems to get more than it's fare share. If you don't like it, don't post in Phantasy Star communities or learn to ignore it. Cause it's not going to go away anytime soon.

And if you've been here since 2003, then you should know damned well by now that this is the routine here.

As for weither or not AoI will bring the players back? It'll bring some back, sure. But I doubt the game will ever get anywhere near the number of players it had when it first launched. It's an expansion to flop of a game, reletively speaking. Noone will care, because they didn't care enough to either get the original and try for themselves - or they believed the reviews and the overall negetive opinions and decided to stay away. That was their first impression, and first impressions tend to stick in people's minds.

Perhaps if the game was a sequel - I could see more people picking up on it. People are less judgemental about sequels because they're a brand new endevour - a chance to change the flaws from the ground up. An expansion is just the same game they heard negetive reviews about... plus some added content.

Saphion
Jul 17, 2007, 05:08 AM
Well, if it answers the OP's question, I thought the original PSU was an insult to mankind.

However, Sonic Team seem to have made some real headway with the expansion and I shall be picking it up! I'm also hoping it brings back some of the casual players I enjoyed playing with on PSO (Although SEGA will probably have to advertise for that - not seeing it happening, myself). No offense to the mission point, S-Rank and meseta-obsessed hardcore players, but I like to have fun when I play.

And besides, everyone knows that the new clothing and weapons are bad-ass. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saphion on 2007-07-17 03:08 ]</font>

amtalx
Jul 17, 2007, 07:42 AM
I hope it brings in more players. If they whine then...Leader Rights-->Remove Member, haha. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedX
Jul 17, 2007, 08:31 AM
On 2007-07-17 00:49, Shou wrote:

>>; AoI will magicly "unsuckify" psu and those "some people" you are refering to are more than the PSU population lol (probably about 170% more)
NO FLAME~~ but if you are unsure of what AoI is and what dramatic changes it will bring to PSU then you shoould search the AoI questions and answers thread it has allot of helpfull information that is sure to sway your opinion http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-07-17 00:49 ]</font>

They aren't dramatic. I played the Beta and it was the same damn game. By thinking that they are you are just setting your self up for disappointment, like most people did with PSU.

NinjaSalad
Jul 17, 2007, 08:36 AM
They aren't dramatic. I played the Beta and it was the same damn game. By thinking that they are you are just setting your self up for disappointment, like most people did with PSU. That's because it was a beta, dumbass. The whole reason they have those is purely to test the waters, most of the drastic/half drastic/SLIGHTLY DRASTIC shit will be added in the final release.

Atleast, I hope so.

RedX
Jul 17, 2007, 08:40 AM
And the other changes are, new area's, new PA's and and some slight tweaking to battle system and grinding system. I don't see how that is drastic and makes the game 100x better.

Mr_Confused
Jul 17, 2007, 08:48 AM
i quit psu for 3-4 months when it first came out because the game itself was not bad its was just the fact that there was no substance to it. there were no rare weapons there was only two planets and i mean you couldnt even get 6 star weapons. i came back when there was enough content to satisfy me. I wouldnt have quit its just i didnt want to pay 10 a month while i waited for new content. Im guessing that a lot of people did this and are still waiting.

DreamLocke
Jul 17, 2007, 09:02 AM
Someone brought up a good point about sequels and the "fresh start" mentality it brings.

Isn't ST marketing AoI as PSU 2? They need to. Just that little number implies "sequel" and maybe more people will pick it up.

For the 360 I hope they sell a new disc with the AoI content as well as the download. Hell, I might buy the new disc if it has nice extras, plus I get a discount if I buy it from gamestop/eb, so the disc will be cheaper.

ShinMaruku
Jul 17, 2007, 09:05 AM
I hope not. Those people were wankers.

Fixed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
XD

Kuya
Jul 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
I think AoI will bring back the "disgruntled" but I don't think it'll undisgruntlify (lol) them. So my vote goes to population boost at the beginning, then the whining, then the leaving http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sekani
Jul 17, 2007, 10:28 AM
They're adding new areas, new classes, and a bunch of crowd-pleasing fluff. What are these so-called drastic changes that everyone is expecting? The same hack-n-slash, run-the-same-mission-five-hundred-times-just-to-hope-to-get-that-rare-S-rank-board-just-so-you-can-fail-it-cause-the-synthing-system-hates-you gameplay isn't changing. If you hated it before, you'll hate it now.

Perhaps a better question should be what superficial details made people hate PSU so much.

Seira7
Jul 17, 2007, 10:30 AM
I resent the whiner comment, I along with quite a few I know are taking a break until AOI and looking forward to the changes it will bring. If the game still doesnt suit me, so be it, but they are implementing things I personally really wanted. I have been following all the updates, and although it wont be a perfect game, it will be improved - which is enough, and a step in the right direction.

If you dont care if AOI improves/expands the population, and think those people are wankers or whatever, then its you that really dont care about the game. I think Sega should make a version called PSU Elite, leave out any changes us "whiners" may have brought about (ie timed combat system), limit it to about 30 players and have you guys live in a vaccuum. Maybe you could even have your own board, so the rest of us dont have to deal with rude/blanket statements.

RedX
Jul 17, 2007, 10:44 AM
You sound like your under the impression that the "timed combat system" is going to be like it was in PSO. It's NOT. All it is, is slightly more damage if you time it right. I can't see this more damage doing more then PA spamming though.

It's not that we don't want change it's just that it's annoying to see people saying that AoI will change everything and it will go from a game that they think sucks, to one that they love. The same thing happened when PSU came out. Everyone was so stoked for it, thinking it was going to be the greatest game ever, replace PSO, etc. Then because everyone thought like that when they played it they started complaining about it not being that. I can see the same thing happening with AoI and there are going to be pages of topics about the stupidest things, and we were just getting past that with PSU.

Saphion
Jul 17, 2007, 11:08 AM
On 2007-07-17 08:30, Seira7 wrote:
I resent the whiner comment, I along with quite a few I know are taking a break until AOI and looking forward to the changes it will bring. If the game still doesnt suit me, so be it, but they are implementing things I personally really wanted. I have been following all the updates, and although it wont be a perfect game, it will be improved - which is enough, and a step in the right direction.

If you dont care if AOI improves/expands the population, and think those people are wankers or whatever, then its you that really dont care about the game. I think Sega should make a version called PSU Elite, leave out any changes us "whiners" may have brought about (ie timed combat system), limit it to about 30 players and have you guys live in a vaccuum. Maybe you could even have your own board, so the rest of us dont have to deal with rude/blanket statements.

I fully approve of this comment.

CyarVictor
Jul 17, 2007, 11:40 AM
There's a fine line between whining and pointing out the truth. This game does have several broken features that turn people off. The synth systems is one of them. You spend how much time and meseta on a board with how many slots now? Only to fail most if not all while blowing how much mats? "But I have a pure PM that I spent about a one mil worth of meseta on, it'll work plus the 250k plus meseta on the board and mats. Let's wait for 24hrs to see that it made a monomate instead even though it already knew the outcome the moment I hit yes." Yea, real peachy. But you can make meseta easy. Easy being grinding for how long, the same mission over and over. Oh noes, someone forgot a scape doll(s). We gotta boot them now.
That's the other turn off is the greed and lack of community. Just because you have a different combat style or that you're not exactly the correct race for a certain class like beast fortegunner, you're clowned at and/or booted. Or you're booted for not having the latest and greatest weapon at hand. Hey Johnny, there's a rare mob. It's time to boot you all. Amazing.
The comment to the epic is not decided by graphical flash. Wow actually has lower graphics that this game because it has constant flutter of people without load screens for the next 'area' with exceptions to areas from the expansion or special instances(equivalent to going into a mission). The thing people like about wow is that there is more to do in a much bigger environment.
The whole 'oh you're just whining' is old. Whining is someone who repeatedly cries that their item was taken, that they can't make meseta, etc. People who point out why others left and those who have left just found this game not up to their preference. It was a fun ride, but with all the slow updates, it just felt that is wasn't solid. The nerfs weren't too bad with a few exceptions, but that's always going to happen in any mmorpg. That's what whiners/QQer's cause. So don't be lumping in those who left with the cry babies.

I'm just going to take a break from this game and see what the expansion has to offer. Maybe we'll get a better community as well without elitists or greedy bastards.

Phaze37
Jul 17, 2007, 05:52 PM
I was one of the players who got this game when it came out and then quit a few months later in disapointment. And AoI looks like it's fixing enough of the problems I had with the original PSU for me to give it another chance. I quit for completely different reasons than what most players were whining about though; as a casual player the lack of content at launch didn't bother me at all, and I actually liked the fact that the game doesn't have tons of silly-looking rares like PSO. What really turned me off of PSU was the fact that it's not designed for casual players like myself, whereas PSO could easily be played in short sessions. I really disliked having to start over from the first missions every time I go to my room or log out. I also really disliked not being able to deposit my items without leaving my party and getting stranded on the first mission again. I don't like having to "hitch rides" to the level I want to play; if PSO lets you teleport to any stage you want after unlocking it once, why can't PSU? I didn't like the elitism that was caused by player deaths affecting the entire party's rank; even though I was thoughtful enough to buy Srank insurance (scape dolls), this never stopped the parties I joined from booting me the second my HP hit zero. And since scape dolls weren't exactly cheap at my level, it really pissed me off to waste that money on a party that boots me despite my good intentions.

However, from what I've heard about the AoI beta, it seems as though they're fixing these problems. So I'm giving the game another chance. If AoI doesn't have CD keys though, Sonic Team is dreaming if they think I'm actually going to purchase the game. If they can't be bothered to give the game CD keys (which, from my understanding, would do alot to help fix exploits), I'm just gonna download it. They'll still be getting my monthly fees and that in itself is a major accomplishment, seeing as I thought I'd quit this game for good.

KidoKresh
Jul 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
For the 360 I would guess that universe will be full instead of half way. Because ever since the update its even harder to get into uni 1 and 2 in the afternoon.

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2007, 06:25 PM
I remember when there was an awkward amount of people playing on the PC. There were enough people to fill uni.1, but not enough to do anything worthwhile on uni.2. It was more worthwhile to try to get into uni.1 instead of trying to party on uni.2. My, I haven't had to worry about that in a long time.

Savahara
Jul 17, 2007, 06:32 PM
I say who cares. More people would be great, but as long as the game is fun to me (and my friends) I'm good. But that's just me.

Serephim
Jul 17, 2007, 06:45 PM

QFT.

They'll just find something else to complain about, like "OMG MINES IS MISSING THE LITTLE TINY USELESS ROOMS ITS NOT THE SAME" or something.

Maverynthia
Jul 17, 2007, 07:10 PM
Some of my complaints stem from the offline gameplay and the "new" way of handling weapons and items.
For 1. the NPC AI is SUCKTACULAR, I've seen my NPCs still standing at a door while I'm getting raped by mobs half across the room. This doesn't want to make me to play the offline mode any, nor do I feel real confident in the online story mode. Nor do I feel confident "soloing" with NPCs (considering all the greedy people that go to the crates first to grab all the items, or grabby all the items from the floor since I'm a ranger class).
For 2. the item/weapon system sucks. Many a times i've died trying to get my 'mate out when it was previously on goggles or something stupid like that. That's IF it's not cycling through the weapons. I liked the PSO system quite frankly.
For 3. Aiming sucks, the old way was better in that it aimed for you a little bit, a little bit so much that you didn't need to constantly realign yourself to the enemy. Now I have a controller I'm trying to take aim at a flying boss's wings and of course the sight is going all over the place.

I find those GLARING problems to the game. Not characters or art or anything, the actual gameplay. As for synthing, I used to play FFXI, and that stuff was BRUTAL. You had to fight high level monsters with a whole alliance just for the small percent chance to get and item, synth it into a cooler item and yet again, and THEN lose it in another synth and have to start the whole process over. You don't get a monomate for trying either, gone is gone!

Nani-chan
Jul 17, 2007, 07:22 PM
Sometimes it's nice to use empty universes... play in 1 + 2 all day and then try something like 28. Your character will feel like it's running instead of crawling.

VanHalen
Jul 17, 2007, 07:59 PM
On 2007-07-17 16:45, Serephim wrote:

QFT.

They'll just find something else to complain about, like "OMG MINES IS MISSING THE LITTLE TINY USELESS ROOMS ITS NOT THE SAME" or something.

Don't forget the little rock on the left side of the hill in Forest 2. If they don't have that I'm gonna quit!

Nani-chan
Jul 17, 2007, 08:12 PM
Vol opt needs more shooting at screens and running around the boss in circles.

Raven5_1
Jul 17, 2007, 08:18 PM
On 2007-07-17 17:59, VanHalen wrote:

On 2007-07-17 16:45, Serephim wrote:

QFT.

Don't forget the little rock on the left side of the hill in Forest 2. If they don't have that I'm gonna quit!

while i agree the sort of people who complain about little details like those mentioned in vanhalen and serephims posts should stay away, i do take issue with ryoki's post. the reason being it is a blanket statement there are many reasons why people may have left psu unsatisfied that does not make them whiners that need to stay away because they may be attracted by the pso elements and other improvements in AOI

JAFO22000
Jul 19, 2007, 09:52 AM
On 2007-07-17 09:40, CyarVictor wrote:
There's a fine line between whining and pointing out the truth. This game does have several broken features that turn people off. The synth systems is one of them. You spend how much time and meseta on a board with how many slots now? Only to fail most if not all while blowing how much mats? "But I have a pure PM that I spent about a one mil worth of meseta on, it'll work plus the 250k plus meseta on the board and mats. Let's wait for 24hrs to see that it made a monomate instead even though it already knew the outcome the moment I hit yes." Yea, real peachy. But you can make meseta easy. Easy being grinding for how long, the same mission over and over. Oh noes, someone forgot a scape doll(s). We gotta boot them now.
That's the other turn off is the greed and lack of community. Just because you have a different combat style or that you're not exactly the correct race for a certain class like beast fortegunner, you're clowned at and/or booted. Or you're booted for not having the latest and greatest weapon at hand. Hey Johnny, there's a rare mob. It's time to boot you all. Amazing.
The comment to the epic is not decided by graphical flash. Wow actually has lower graphics that this game because it has constant flutter of people without load screens for the next 'area' with exceptions to areas from the expansion or special instances(equivalent to going into a mission). The thing people like about wow is that there is more to do in a much bigger environment.
The whole 'oh you're just whining' is old. Whining is someone who repeatedly cries that their item was taken, that they can't make meseta, etc. People who point out why others left and those who have left just found this game not up to their preference. It was a fun ride, but with all the slow updates, it just felt that is wasn't solid. The nerfs weren't too bad with a few exceptions, but that's always going to happen in any mmorpg. That's what whiners/QQer's cause. So don't be lumping in those who left with the cry babies.

I'm just going to take a break from this game and see what the expansion has to offer. Maybe we'll get a better community as well without elitists or greedy bastards.

The fact that you are in a clan made your above post laughable...

Emrald
Jul 19, 2007, 10:06 AM
On 2007-07-17 00:42, Shou wrote:

On 2007-07-16 17:07, PJ wrote:

I dont like it at all. AoI will bring nothing but wins to the dried up desert we call PSU. I only hope that it will flourish into a bountiful oasis :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2007-07-17 00:42 ]</font>

I cried when I read this beatiful post.

Kupi
Jul 19, 2007, 12:32 PM
For what it's worth, AoI won't be bringing me back. It's not because I don't like the game; I loved it right up to the moment I quit. But as long as they're still using GameGuard, I could still wind up locked out of the game for weeks at a time. Sorry, but I'm not going to pay Sega for the privilege of not playing their game.

Enjoy AoI, everyone.