PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Character Manager How great would that be ?

RappyRobot
Jul 16, 2007, 09:25 PM
I dont know about you but I have 3 pretty high lvl playable characters and one junk/storage/armor pm/??? character. Each one has his or her own pm. One tech , one armor, one striking, and one range. So as I am an active player with at least three of my characters i get mats, photons, etc split between them all.
So heres my problem! I synth a lot of weapons and armors looking to get better percentages . Or in the case of tech and range just to get more or better weapons. But It is such a pain in the @!#@! when I go to switch items and materials between characters to synth or to share stuff. ie puyo aura etc.
I dont have the patience for that @#!!# ! It takes forever trading the various mats to the different character pms to synth my various item!! I have to keep logging off and logging on back and forth it drives me insane! Then its worse when i take stuff out of my pm to my character then I forget to put it in the common box!!!!! Then I gotta go again and log out and log in again omg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I also run 4 stores so when I log on I gotta check each store and keep each store up to date by logging in and out then put my money in the common box its annoying!
So why not petition (sp.) sega to put a character manager in AOI. All your money, mats, photons, stores items etc easily transferable to the proper pms. Have a separate password to access the character manager feature, this way it'll prevent hackers from messing with your stuff. And either the same feature or a separate store manager feature to transfer money and keep your shops up to date .And instead of taking forever logging out and logging back in you can transfer/update your stuff much faster and easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Less headaches! I also am a pc user and this annoys me! I cant begin to imagine the ps2 users who take even longer to log in than I do lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
I think its a good idea thats way past due!!

Dont forget to vote lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RappyRobot on 2007-07-16 19:33 ]</font>

Wallin
Jul 16, 2007, 09:27 PM
I just wish that you didn't have to log out completely every time you changed characters, and that it would return you to the character select instead. That would fix things too.

Starrz
Jul 16, 2007, 10:44 PM
Logging in takes like, what, 10 seconds max?

DurakkenX
Jul 16, 2007, 10:47 PM
be glad you have the common box and if you are not go play PSO you should be more irritated and post in that section.

DEM_CIG
Jul 16, 2007, 10:51 PM
I dont care either way i didnt even read the whole post...

Akio
Jul 16, 2007, 10:56 PM
Well i too think this should be. and trust me durakken. i played pso and i know where your coming from. However, Rappy has a point. its especially annoying for us PS2 users. To go to log out, wait till it loads, watch the tittle come up, go to network mode, wait for connect (i have DSL so sue me lol), select character, load, do what i need to do(switch item, check synthe/shop etc.) and repeat the process again. I think though wallin's idea is also made of win.

Aralia
Jul 16, 2007, 11:25 PM
Yeah.. being able to return to the character select screen without logging out.. been wanting that since PSO... =.=

And honestly.. I'd find it more useful if it was an in-game feature. Accessable from your shop or PM. (You're making it sound like a program you'd run outside of being logged in.)

I'd probably use it very rarely though... Tend to leave my rarest materials on my "shop" char, and distribute the others where needed/useful via common box. (i.e. resins/polymers on armor pm char, cyrals on tech pm char, teranites on range pm char, "-lines" in common box for all to use, etc.)
Stores.. I don't see a need for 4 honestly.. told you that back in january or whenever you got stores for each char... 2 is more than enough.
Just using the common box more would really lower the need for a char.manager.
Though speeding up the log-in process of the PS2 would help a lot too.

pikachief
Jul 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
it would be nice to eb abel to go to your other characters room and mess round with it treating it as your own!

like your on your main and u go to your alt's room and take mone yout of the shop and synth an armor

RappyRobot
Jul 17, 2007, 09:54 AM
#4 Posted: 2007-07-16 20:47
be glad you have the common box and if you are not go play PSO you should be more irritated and post in that section.

I played PSOBB and I know the common box is a much better than having ppl hold your stuff then logging back on as your other character. BUT there was no synthing in pso! Synthing makes the common box a step in the right direction but its just not enough i think. If you really want good stuff in this game synthing is necessary due to economy being crazy al the time. I see sranks in the shop for 85 mil ...I cant spend even 50 mil ( prolly hacked sranks left over ) I would never be able to afford the sranks without synthing. So 4 pm's is the only way I can ensure that I have a chance to get anything. So I still think we need to have a character manager. Life would be much easier http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-07-16 20:51, DEM_CIG wrote:

RappyRobot
Jul 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
[quote]#7 Posted: 2007-07-16 21:25
Yeah.. being able to return to the character select screen without logging out.. been wanting that since PSO... =.=

And honestly.. I'd find it more useful if it was an in-game feature. Accessable from your shop or PM. (You're making it sound like a program you'd run outside of being logged in.)

I'd probably use it very rarely though... Tend to leave my rarest materials on my "shop" char, and distribute the others where needed/useful via common box. (i.e. resins/polymers on armor pm char, cyrals on tech pm char, teranites on range pm char, "-lines" in common box for all to use, etc.)
Stores.. I don't see a need for 4 honestly.. told you that back in january or whenever you got stores for each char... 2 is more than enough.
Just using the common box more would really lower the need for a char.manager.
Though speeding up the log-in process of the PS2 would help a lot too.

I see your point .... but sometimes u cant always remeber what synth materials go to which pm..can you ? Maybe some main ingredients but what about photons,wood,and the like.
I was thinking of it this way...it would be an option at the character select screen giving u full access to all your characters inventory , pm's , and shops, with the ability to transfer between them all. via straight transfer or maybe a silly and fun avatar character. ( like a rappy or jao...lol ) Thats y i suggested separate password for it so it would be harder 4 hackers to mess with your stuff. extra security is always a good thing these days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gifAnd when you were done it only sent u back to the character select screen. Simple , secure, effective!
I think the way u suggested ...ie in game would not be safe enough and hackers might find a way to exploit it and then have access to all your characters at once !!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif that would suck!! I think having it as a separate option in the character select screen is the best and safest way.....but im open to suggestions.

Sekani
Jul 17, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-07-16 19:27, Wallin wrote:
I just wish that you didn't have to log out completely every time you changed characters, and that it would return you to the character select instead. That would fix things too.

MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 10:51 AM
A rather useful change, especially since it seems ST can't seem to figure out that "Server Interrupt" connecting issue too many users have to deal with, from going back and forth from Online mode.

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 10:55 AM
On 2007-07-16 20:44, Starrz wrote:

On PC and PS2, yes.

On 360, it can take a lot longer, because of the interrupt request errors.

Almighty_Envy
Jul 17, 2007, 12:10 PM
On 2007-07-16 20:51, DEM_CIG wrote:

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:20 PM
On 2007-07-17 08:55, malice_nyc wrote:

On PC and PS2, yes.

It takes much longer than that on PS2, as well.

Reipard
Jul 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
I am not sure why there is resistance to such a feature. Anything that saves me time and makes my life easier is A-OK in my book.

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 01:08 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:20, XenithFlare wrote:

On the PS2 you can just pop the disc lid/eject to skip the DNAS check when switching characters though... actually switching chars is probably fastest on the PS2. With the others, you have to log out and watch the opening each time... and that trick even works on the PS3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

RappyRobot
Jul 18, 2007, 12:52 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On PC and PS2, yes.

It takes a lot longer my brother has a ps2 and it really does take to long thats y i thought this idea would be such a good one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aralia
Jul 18, 2007, 01:16 AM
I'd say have it set up like this. Take my chars for example. it'd be

[OrganizedChaos...lvl 80]...........................
[Sujin............lvl 84].........Avatar............
[Carinae..........lvl 80].........visual............
[Aralia...........lvl 81]...........................
[ShopKeeper.............](jao/rappy/PM/whateverthehellyouwant)
[Cancel.................]...........................

That'd be the best way to implement this.
Have it so you log on normally, access your manager, log off and go to your normal character. This way it's a safe and secure way to log into it, there's no seperate log in, and It'd give people like me who like to create characters an opportunity to create another character without a need to level it.
There'd be a choice of newman, human, cast, beast, vahra, PM 4xx, or a pre-existing NPC. male and female where applicable.
This character would never level, raise a job class, or anything. It'd merely be your "shopkeeper" character. Have access to all your PM's, all your shops, and your common box. Also it'd have a storage unit of it's own, preferably a closet or dresser. (for less of a guardian feeling. cause remember, this one wouldn't be a guardian.) And would only be restricted to clyez, your room, otohku, dagora, and holtes. Couldn't go to field bases, or go in missions.
This, I'd approve of muchly, and possibly use.. but as for something where I'd have to log in seperatly... no thanks, I'll stick to my current methods. =/

Also it'd give more incentive to play the shopkeeper role, maybe be able to set up a stand to sell things in popular universes to passerby's as this character. Allowing for barganing and straight up trading while maintaining a constant presence of meseta for item. =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aralia on 2007-07-17 23:23 ]</font>