PDA

View Full Version : Flat rate for photon fortune? (yes/no)

Kion
Jul 16, 2007, 11:31 PM
does anyone else like having one flat rate for everything instead of having photon fortune change every day?

Personally I like being able to run when I want and have some confidence that I'm actually going to see some rares. I'd rather play on week ends then feel preasured to play on some random tuesday when my character hasn't had good luck in a month and I have other plans.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-17 14:40 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jul 16, 2007, 11:33 PM
Oh hell yes.

pikachief
Jul 16, 2007, 11:33 PM
i wouldnt midn the photon forture if i notcied a difference >.>

Aralia
Jul 16, 2007, 11:46 PM
/ Same...

ChaosAngel92
Jul 16, 2007, 11:50 PM
What is photon fortune? (Sarcasm)

Mayu
Jul 16, 2007, 11:52 PM
0 Luck: all rates are increases by 100%
1 Luck: all rates are decreased by -100%
2 Luck: all rates are decreased by -200%
3 Luck: Your never ever getting anything rare ever

Baku
Jul 16, 2007, 11:54 PM
-1 luck ftw.

Wallin
Jul 17, 2007, 12:16 AM
I agree since I think it drives people nuts in general. "I shouldn't grind this today, my luck is bad. I should go exp hunting today since I won't get any rares without max luck. OMG I gotta kill faster before my max luck runs out today!" Luck is just a downer.

Soukosa
Jul 17, 2007, 03:58 AM
Wasn't this asked before? Then the majority voted "yes"... What would be the point of photon fortune if it was the same every day? Why not just remove it? To me, this adds some variety to things from day to day. Besides, if it's that important for you to have high fortune on a given day, you can always spam the shrine maiden til you get lv 3 fortune >.>

EspioKaos
Jul 17, 2007, 06:35 AM
I agree with Sounomi on this. I like the variety it adds to the game. Our Photon Fortune may not always seem to make a big difference in what we find as far as rares go, but I like this system so much more than PSO's section ID system. It sucked being stuck with one set of items I'd find more often than others and others I'd never find. It made it where you had to make other characters in order to benefit from certain drops. (Or track down players with an ID that would benefit you and join a group they had started.) Besides, once the expansion comes out, just like Sou said, you can just spam the Shrine Maiden for Super Holy Light. (Oh, dirty. ... *cough* Sorry.)

panzer_unit
Jul 17, 2007, 08:21 AM
I don't mind it for drops (except 3* isn't enough, I'll need like 10* luck before finding goddamned anything) but they should get rid of the effect on Grinding. I end up sitting on piles of weapons that aren't broken yet, and aren't pushed as far as I'm willing to go... waiting on my super-bling day. Plays hell on my storage space.

DLShAdOw
Jul 17, 2007, 08:51 AM
You guys must be crazy, because I can definitely see the effects of the 3* fortune, granted it may be reflected in tons of dumb things like kubara wood and such, but it is definitely helping.

DreamLocke
Jul 17, 2007, 09:06 AM
Hmm...yeah, I see a lot of kubara woods and olpads popping up in succession. lol.

I'm terrified to grind anything with all the horror stories going around here. Maybe it's because there are just more people trying to take advantage of the holy light, but deep down I think the whole thing is a scam. Call me paranoid.

EspioKaos
Jul 17, 2007, 09:12 AM
On 2007-07-17 06:51, DLShAdOw wrote:
You guys must be crazy, because I can definitely see the effects of the 3* fortune, granted it may be reflected in tons of dumb things like kubara wood and such, but it is definitely helping.

You're right. The sheer number of rares that the party I was in last night got during our numerous S2 Lab Recovery runs was pretty impressive. Sometimes they would drop three at a time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I actually managed to get some Morbinia and Copernia on top of the usual Kerseline and Vestaline.

Lyrise
Jul 17, 2007, 09:28 AM
On 2007-07-17 01:58, Sounomi wrote:
Wasn't this asked before? Then the majority voted "yes"... What would be the point of photon fortune if it was the same every day? Why not just remove it? To me, this adds some variety to things from day to day. Besides, if it's that important for you to have high fortune on a given day, you can always spam the shrine maiden til you get lv 3 fortune >.>

Not possible. One attempt costs up to 10000 meseta, and the effect lasts 6 hours. When the override is in effect, you can't use teh feature again till it wears off. Unless they completely change it for the real version which would actually be a smart thing; there are a lot of obsessive people and this would serve to drain out a metric ton of meseta.

Fure_Rakune
Jul 17, 2007, 09:37 AM
My question pertains to the Holy Light Week itself, just not concerning the possible future of the varying lucks.
My question: Is this the last day of level three luck for all races and sexes? I thought we had a complete week of luck? To my knowledge the Holy Light Week started on the 13th right, then shouldnt it continue till the 20th?

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 09:40 AM
only problem is ppl get 'used' during it.

EspioKaos
Jul 17, 2007, 09:41 AM
On 2007-07-17 07:37, Fure_Rakune wrote:
My question pertains to the Holy Light Week itself, just not concerning the possible future of the varying lucks.
My question: Is this the last day of level three luck for all races and sexes? I thought we had a complete week of luck? To my knowledge the Holy Light Week started on the 13th right, then shouldnt it continue till the 20th?

The Super Holy Light week will end with Thursday night/Friday morning's maintenance.

DLShAdOw
Jul 17, 2007, 09:56 AM
On 2007-07-17 07:41, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2007-07-17 07:37, Fure_Rakune wrote:

The Super Holy Light week will end with Thursday night/Friday morning's maintenance.

Ha, good cuz I was confused because the forum thing wasn't updated yet.

amtalx
Jul 17, 2007, 10:27 AM
I just wish that the luck would affect the quality of the drops, instead of the drop rate. Instead of getting a little crap, now I'm just getting a ton of it.

Sekani
Jul 17, 2007, 10:31 AM
On 2007-07-17 06:21, panzer_unit wrote:
I don't mind it for drops (except 3* isn't enough, I'll need like 10* luck before finding goddamned anything) but they should get rid of the effect on Grinding. I end up sitting on piles of weapons that aren't broken yet, and aren't pushed as far as I'm willing to go... waiting on my super-bling day. Plays hell on my storage space.

Make an alt with whatever race/gender has the gold star that day for grinding purposes.

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 10:34 AM
On 2007-07-17 08:27, amtalx wrote:
I just wish that the luck would affect the quality of the drops, instead of the drop rate. Instead of getting a little crap, now I'm just getting a ton of it.

Yeah. Only a Mob Revolution would change that. SEED and other enemies need to demand MORE payment for being a general thorn-in-the-side for Guardians everywhere. They work hard, they *ahem* Die Hard(tm), they don't Live Free (also tm) either. If they spent their time toiling to get 1 hundred levels or so, they should demand better payment.

Cz
Jul 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
photon fortune is a waste. I dont like the idea of it that much. I wish they change the way rare maps are spawn instead. Instead of having a specific map for rare monsters to appear, I like it more if the rare enemies just randomly appear...no?! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-07-17 08:27, amtalx wrote:

I've been saying that for a while, too; I think ST should change the way luck works. As it is, it merely increases the chances of an enemy dropping ANYTHING. I'm thinking they should change it so that they drop items at the same rate, increase the chance of an enemy dropping higher quality items.

Serephim
Jul 17, 2007, 02:31 PM
Its stupid, mostly because theres no abundance of rares in the game anyway.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 17, 2007, 02:35 PM
I get a lot more rares with 3* luck, but grinding and synthesizing weapons becomes BS beyond all recognition at that point.

Soukosa
Jul 17, 2007, 04:35 PM
On 2007-07-17 07:28, Lyrise wrote:
Not possible. One attempt costs up to 10000 meseta, and the effect lasts 6 hours. When the override is in effect, you can't use teh feature again till it wears off. Unless they completely change it for the real version which would actually be a smart thing; there are a lot of obsessive people and this would serve to drain out a metric ton of meseta.

I was looking more at people remaking chars til they got it. I can easily see people doing this if they wan to grind that badly. Granted, this is assuming you aren't limited to it once per go on an account basis.

Might be wise to take its influence away from grinding, as some one suggested.

Kion
Jul 17, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:13, XenithFlare wrote:

I've been saying that for a while, too; I think ST should change the way luck works. As it is, it merely increases the chances of an enemy dropping ANYTHING. I'm thinking they should change it so that they drop items at the same rate, increase the chance of an enemy dropping higher quality items.

The drop rate increasing does incease the chances of getting a rare item. Say the chances of getting an item are 1/2000. If 20 items drop from that kind of monster on a luck day vs. 10 items from that monster than the chance of getting item you want in a single run are increased from normally 1/200 to 1/100.

take statistics...

On 2007-07-17 01:58, Sounomi wrote:
Wasn't this asked before? Then the majority voted "yes"... What would be the point of photon fortune if it was the same every day? Why not just remove it?

And yeah, what I'm basically saying is get rid of photon fortune, but I thought it was better to constrast now that we have one flat rate as compared to before when we could only speculate. I know that ST has no intention of changing it, but I was interestes in people's opinions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-17 14:44 ]</font>

KidoKresh
Jul 17, 2007, 04:38 PM
@.@ why don't some ppl make any sense with the stuff they type???

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 04:44 PM
On the other hand, having the drop rate the same, but increased rare chances does lower the idea of you getting loads of cheap items until you happen upon rare.

Still, I think one of the things I'd like to see (maybe as an experiment), would be something a bit more akin to traditional RPG convention. Have the likely higher things drop from higher levels more. No sense going through high level monsters just so that luck has it that you get the same drops from play at lower levels. If you want more lower stuff, you can always play the lower levels for them.
If there's two things that actually make sense, from a pure drop perspectiive; is the fact that higher level Meseta Drops are better, and that certain rare items are only found from certain-level monsters. For regular, run of the mill drop types, Meseta seems the main balanced one because you know that with higher levels the meseta payoff will be better. The other regular monster drop types, aren't level-balanced along-side meseta when you see some powerful foes dropping monomate boards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-17 14:50 ]</font>

Para
Jul 17, 2007, 05:41 PM
1* = No effect.
2* = twice the amount of so called rare synth items found
3* = triple the amount of so called rare synth items found

That's how 3* seems to be to me.

As for flat rate goes... I agree with Espio it was sorta lame how you couldn't find some items you need because it dropped on another section ID but it did encourage trading between players ... somewhat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Para on 2007-07-17 15:42 ]</font>