PDA

View Full Version : Clothing...

HaydenX
Jul 17, 2007, 12:39 AM
I used to play FFXI and I remember all of the hubbub about the AF armor. Why doesn't PSU have class exclusive clothing that has no bearing on stats?

Imagine the Acrotecher with the whips...
The female Acrotecher costume could be a sexy pseudo-gothic and bdsm related one.
The male fortefighter could be a wifebeater and jeans.
The female and male fortetecher clothing could be long, flowing robes.
The ranger could be very rogue-like (light leather and cloth).
This idea applies only to organic meatbags such as myself.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 17, 2007, 12:41 AM
Because I said so, and ST was forced to listen to me.

Gryffin
Jul 17, 2007, 12:43 AM
Because people would complain, Like me.

I would'nt want to have to give up my Whip usage for different clothes. Lol

Aralia
Jul 17, 2007, 12:50 AM
Been there, done that.. it was called PSO.

Took almost all creativity out of outfits... I remember seeing 4 hune's that looked exactly the same in a mission back then. (included me)
Needless to say, I changed to my old red/black with red hair outfit the second I left. >.> (barely ever saw people who wore that combo)

Anyway.. it'd be interesting to see a teeny bit of clothing limitation.. But I think that's more than covered enough with personal style and relating your outfit to your class. =p

HaydenX
Jul 17, 2007, 12:54 AM
I wasn't talking about limiting clothing. I was saying that they could make exclusive outfits for the classes. In other words, you can keep the clothes you are wearing now...you can buy (or find) a class-exclusive suit...you could change back and forth. Also, you can always change your class.

Just variety
Ahh...the spice of life.

Zael
Jul 17, 2007, 01:05 AM
Limiting clothes to certain classes is a bad idea imo.

The only limitations on clothes I'll agree on is gender. >>

Wallin
Jul 17, 2007, 01:19 AM
I don't like clothes for specific classes so much. I love clothes, but what I don't like is being forced to play a certain class to wear them. I.E., in most MMOs to wear shiny platemail you must be a warrior or a paladin. That's boring! It actually takes away more than it gives, plus it ruins all the fun. "Oh, that guy is this class because he's wearing the same thing that a million other people of the same class are wearing."

Syl
Jul 17, 2007, 02:06 AM
On 2007-07-16 23:19, Wallin wrote:
I don't like clothes for specific classes so much. I love clothes, but what I don't like is being forced to play a certain class to wear them. I.E., in most MMOs to wear shiny platemail you must be a warrior or a paladin. That's boring! It actually takes away more than it gives, plus it ruins all the fun. "Oh, that guy is this class because he's wearing the same thing that a million other people of the same class are wearing."

Exactly, plus there would be FOR SURE lots of complainers saying they got cheated out of cool looking clothes.

-Crokar-
Jul 17, 2007, 02:07 AM
i would like a wife beater and jeans then i could make k-fed.....what?

Kion
Jul 17, 2007, 02:13 AM
you can always design your character to look like that. There are fishnet stockings out, combined with the old PSO hunewerl top it would look pretty dominatrix. as for the fortefighters and wife beaters; they look sad enough as it is already.

Zorafim
Jul 17, 2007, 02:17 AM
I don't know whether to hug you or kick you in the face (probably the latter, but that's because I simply enjoy kicking people in the face). All the suggestions you said were terrible, and it'd probably be terrible the way you think of it. However, I agree that it's kinda off that a meleer can do just as well in a bikini or flowing robes as they can in a set of armor. I think I prefer it the way we have now, as I kinda like the heavily armored magician look, but at the same time it kinda irks me.

Eligaz
Jul 17, 2007, 03:31 AM
Class specific clothing? No thanks. :/ I didn't mind it that much in PSO (and other online games), but now when I've gotten used to the freedom of PSU's clothing system and all its possibilities I really don't want to go back. I love to be creative with clothing. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eligaz on 2007-07-17 01:32 ]</font>

Allison_W
Jul 17, 2007, 03:53 AM
I'm irked enough by gender limitations on clothing, let alone class limitations. So HELL NO.