PDA

View Full Version : i need your opinion on carriguine rucar

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 11:04 AM
i have heard that it is a crap wep??

but looking at it's stats, it looks pretty good and is huntable atm

it seems like the only double saber to be within my reach that even grinding a nightwalker to +10 can't reach.

wich is why i don't go after sweet death...5 grinds on a nightwalker beats it, wich is easy enough on a 3 star day.

so to the thread.

1) why have i heard people call it a piece of shit?

2) with an atp of 392, why have i heard people say the only thing it has going for it is 615 pp??

so please enlighten me.

on 7/30 when i return to the states, that is what i will be looking for.

Cz
Jul 17, 2007, 11:06 AM
PP recharge of only 2 per tick. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

it is good weapon though, i am not complaining about it. I love that weapon if only i can get one myself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BunnyGirl on 2007-07-17 09:06 ]</font>

gundam0079
Jul 17, 2007, 11:07 AM
only thing bad abou it it has crap ata and is insanley hard ot make

Mayu
Jul 17, 2007, 11:09 AM
Decent - -

1: ALOT of PP is one of the main parts of this weapon

2: The looks, well yeah it looks pretty o.0

3: LOW ATA <.< Horrible

4: Decent atp <.<

5: 37% base chance? oh ow hmm.... rather buy a ''hacked''one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 11:13 AM
they say its shiit cauz they dont have one.

majan
Jul 17, 2007, 11:13 AM
matter of play style.if you want to deal with crappy ata synth rates and so-so atp,then go ahead and hunt it.614 pp though?thats decent.youll get a lot of damage out of that weapon even if it isnt the strongest doublesaber available.

Mayu
Jul 17, 2007, 11:15 AM
I say it's shiit~ because I rather use a high % Nightwalker <.<

higher ata and damage

but crappy looking http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
i have a high percentage nightwalker, and am pretty sure it can't beat rucar.

sweet death,...without a doubt.

carriguine rucar...no

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 11:33 AM
On 2007-07-17 09:13, Rashiid wrote:
they say its shiit cauz they dont have one.

...oh

Shiryuu
Jul 17, 2007, 11:37 AM
20-30 ATA difference compared to a nightwalker is not a big deal. People who complain about Rucar ATA don't know what they're talking about. Beast FF with Axes have no real problems hitting monsters, why should a fighgunner?

Chances of grinding a high % nightwalker to (8) is probably worse than synthing a rucar. Even then, PP is still nowhere close.

Xeph0n
Jul 17, 2007, 11:40 AM
Rucar is kubara and takes a 10% damage reduction on PAs, unlike sweet death. My Sweet death at 20% outdamages my 12% rucar by about 40 points, and a high percentage nightwalker will do a lot more. But it looks so badass!

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:08 PM
Facts:
-It looks amazingly badass (don't argue, this is FACT)
-Damage is auto-reduced
-2PP regen, while the weapon has 600+PP, really breaks this weapon.
-Insanely hard to find and make, with a looooow success rate
-ATA, while on other weapons is fine, for some reason makes this miss every other hit. I use a freakin' CAST, and the damn thing STILL missed every other attack.

Overall, I don't think it's worth it. I would much rather have a Sweet Death or high % Nightwalker/Crea Doubles. I saw it, loved it, used it, hated it, sold it. It sucks, and I did have one. Sorry, Rashild.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 12:16 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:08, XenithFlare wrote:
Facts:
-Damage is auto-reduced
-ATA, while on other weapons is fine, for some reason makes this miss every other hit. I use a freakin' CAST, and the damn thing STILL missed every other attack.

Overall, I don't think it's worth it. I would much rather have a Sweet Death or high % Nightwalker/Crea Doubles. I saw it, loved it, used it, hated it, sold it. It sucks, and I did have one. Sorry, Rashild.

is there another version of this opinion.

i really am disuaded by this post,...how are crea doubles??

February
Jul 17, 2007, 12:22 PM
I have both, I like the crea doubles a little better because of it's range. The Rucar does do more damage though. and I haven't exactly had any problems with it.

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
Crea Doubles are nice upgrades to your standard Nightwalker (I honestly only said I'd prefer Sweet Death because I like how it looks, over the Doubles). Not to mention they're easier to find (NOTE: easier, not easy) and trade for.

And I know people are going to argue over my 2PP regen opinion, but one of the biggest draws to weapons is that even while you're using them, they're regenerating PP, which leads to being able to use it more often. This is not the case with the Rucar; 2PP every five seconds isn't enough for even the first stage PA, unless you idle mid-mission, even if you use the PA sparingly.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:22, February wrote:
I have both, I like the crea doubles a little better because of it's range. The Rucar does do more damage though. and I haven't exactly had any problems with it.

what about the every other hit is a miss comment?

is that cemented fact?

and i have a crea doubles question...do they hit more enemies?

is there a special ability for being crea?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 10:32 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:32 PM
The weapon has 80 ATA. 80. As a CAST, I have a boosted ATA score in the first place. When I was using the weapon, I was using it on Bel Pannon during the Easter Holiday (light element Rucar), so it really had no reason to miss as much as it did.

But... it did. And that was the last straw, for me.

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 12:39 PM
Facts:
-Damage is auto-reduced

but you have experience so its different.

most others are just jelly and say 'it suxx' but the second they get its all 'OMG THIS THING PWNS!!!'

and a couple 0's arnt bad; quit whining ppl.

ppl are still trading their life for it; so its still the #1 double saber out there.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 12:41 PM
hmmn, what about the crea question?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 10:46 ]</font>

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 12:44 PM
getting a Crea Double or Sweet Death; ur just one of every other n00bgunner.

getting a Rucar; ur a FIGHgunner!

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:45 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:39, Rashiid wrote:

Facts:
-Damage is auto-reduced

but you have experience so its different.

most others are just jelly and say 'it suxx' but the second they get its all 'OMG THIS THING PWNS!!!'

and a couple 0's arnt bad; quit whining ppl.

ppl are still trading their life for it; so its still the #1 double saber out there.

Rarity-wise, yes it's quite good. But when you talk about usage, I was very disappointed. "A couple zeroes" is a bit worse than you seem to think, too XD Of 10 hits, I'd actually land between 4-6 of them. And when your PP essentially doesn't regenerate for more usage, those zeroes add up, and you basically wasted all that PP.

If people are trading their lives for one (and most won't; everyone is still under the impression all the initially-released S-ranks are completely hacked), it's because they want one of the rarest weapons in the game; not one of the BEST weapons in the game.

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
well i will say its not the best =P

but tha fact that its a monster-based weapon makes it uber. liek the Bil De Axe.

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:46 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:44, Rashiid wrote:

Please stop with your elitist nonsense.

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 12:48 PM
On 2007-07-17 10:46, XenithFlare wrote:

Please stop with your elitist nonsense.

it was a joke.

i wanted to sound liek commercials......

'Using ordinary lotion makes ur skin terrible.'
'GET NIVEA TODAY AND BE THE BEST!'

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 12:53 PM
Alrighty. XD I have no tolerence for people who insult someone elses class for some stupid reason.

And being monster-based just means it's rare. That's all, plain and simple.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 01:04 PM
does crea doubles hit more enemies?

February
Jul 17, 2007, 01:13 PM
Yes it does

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 01:14 PM
edit: nvm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-07-17 11:15 ]</font>

Ryoki
Jul 17, 2007, 01:23 PM

It's not that fucking easy, Rashiid.

You try it.

Even with hacked Rucars, not that many were made.

It isn't what weapon you have, it is your playstyle.

I don't spam TD alot.

Also, as of recently, I've seen Spiral dance is actually the best PA over Grav dance.

Also, Crea doubles DOESN'T hit another enemy. It is hard to notice, though. Both it and nightwalker can only hit 4 enemies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-17 11:25 ]</font>

majorgamer55
Jul 17, 2007, 01:25 PM
its the best double saber out there in my eyes

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
crea doesn't hit xtra??

Zael
Jul 17, 2007, 01:32 PM
It's overrated and not worth hunting imho.

I'd rather go for a high percent nightwalker.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 01:36 PM
...i think you are right.

the grind % on a 10% is good to +10 i think.

but i like high percentages.

i refuse to grind my 44% though...yep

lol s-rank dbl sabers suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 11:37 ]</font>

EarthRagon
Jul 17, 2007, 01:37 PM
All I can say is the ata is never an issue with me.And as far as the strength and pp,Ive got sweet D and crea dubz and +10 nightwalker.All the issues ppl complain about I dont have,crea dubz and rucar are the best imo.........as well as a human none of this stuff of missing every other hit and low pp regen and such makes any diff.

Zael
Jul 17, 2007, 01:40 PM
+10 isn't what makes nightwalker good, it's how much easier it is to get a 44%+ one.

Since you basically have as much tries as you have meseta, you can keep synthing them until a good one comes out.

And ATP isn't what makes melee weapons strong, it's the elemental percent.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 01:40 PM
please ellaborate on the performance of rucar.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 01:41 PM
yeah my 44% puts sweet death to shame.

i also think that there is a ratio between % and grindability

what say you

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 11:42 ]</font>

EarthRagon
Jul 17, 2007, 01:44 PM
ok,well as a human ,I only miss 1-2 times in a full combo.Mine is 26% earth and out damages anything double saber wise,thats not earth 30%+.Its very hard to get,but its also the best as far as I can see.All this talkin bad about it,imo,sounds like ppl just cant get it so they make themselves feel better..

Zael
Jul 17, 2007, 01:46 PM
Or maybe I'm just somehow more content with my 50% Earth Nightwalker which deals more damage constantly, compared to most S-rank double sabers out there. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

The best would of course be a 50% S-rank, but good luck getting one of those. Most S-ranks will come out at the usual 10-24%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-07-17 11:49 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 01:47 PM
On 2007-07-17 11:44, EarthRagon wrote:
ok,well as a human ,I only miss 1-2 times in a full combo.Mine is 26% earth and out damages anything double saber wise,thats not earth 30%+.Its very hard to get,but its also the best as far as I can see.All this talkin bad about it,imo,sounds like ppl just cant get it so they make themselves feel better..

great points all...i already have nightwalkers @ high%

k i will get it and try it for myself

spamming dark satelite will commence 7/30

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 11:50 ]</font>

February
Jul 17, 2007, 01:48 PM
On 2007-07-17 11:36, Shishi-O wrote:
...i think you are right.

the grind % on a 10% is good to +10 i think.

but i like high percentages.

i refuse to grind my 44% though...yep

lol s-rank dbl sabers suck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 11:37 ]</font>

Why do you insist on just following other people's opinions?

ashley50
Jul 17, 2007, 01:54 PM
Whatever otehr ppl say about Carriguine-Rucars, I still want them (yes, i don't have one =()

it's a nice change to see your character not holding the same ol' "Paddle" all the time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 02:01 PM
because i am going completely on their opinions... thread point says i need help

i am trying to make a decision on limited info.

only 2 rucar users on the thread,

i have high percentage nightwalkers that put sweet death to shame.

i see rucar as the only one you can't grind nightwalkers past.

the problems with missing during PAs is a concern to me.

u can either have high %( 44-50%)/ no grind( will break if attempted) or low %(10-12%) and +5 to +10 grind

the rucar is the only available way to pass this bottleneck( even better with high %)

hence my response

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 02:13 PM
see my thread on grinding,

thank you

Mayu
Jul 17, 2007, 02:19 PM
I've had it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif then traded it to a certain person

After using it for a while I said to my self wow I do crap damage <.< compared to this Nightwalker

Compare a 22% Rucar and a 50% Nightwalker

and the nightwalker will ridiculously outdmg the piece of crap low % S weapon <.<

All though in looks Rucar will destroy it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and as everyone says LOOKS>Effectiveness

Even without grinds -_- a 50% weapon is ''godly'' in every way <.< ( You really are just suppose to grind a HIGH % Weapon to like 1-2 -_- Risk takers <.<)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-17 12:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-17 12:21 ]</font>

Zael
Jul 17, 2007, 02:29 PM
On 2007-07-17 12:19, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
I've had it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif then traded it to a certain person

After using it for a while I said to my self wow I do crap damage <.< compared to this Nightwalker

Compare a 22% Rucar and a 50% Nightwalker

and the nightwalker will ridiculously outdmg the piece of crap low % S weapon <.<

All though in looks Rucar will destroy it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif and as everyone says LOOKS>Effectiveness

Even without grinds -_- a 50% weapon is ''godly'' in every way <.< ( You really are just suppose to grind a HIGH % Weapon to like 1-2 -_- Risk takers <.<)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-17 12:20 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-17 12:21 ]</font>

That's exactly what I mean.

And it's also far easier to get a 50% Nightwalker than a Rucar board, let alone a high percent Rucar.

But if you're into aesthetics and such, feel free to go for a Rucar. I'll even admit it to looking better than Nightwalker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zael on 2007-07-17 12:30 ]</font>

XenithFlare
Jul 17, 2007, 03:54 PM
If all you're going for is looks, then by all means get the Rucar. It's dead sexy.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 04:11 PM
actually my thread on grinding has put a +10 grind neutral nightwalker above sweet death/ crea doubles/ carriguine rucar( except for rucar's pp 615)

the night walker is 415atp, and 468pp

Niloklives
Jul 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
On 2007-07-17 11:13, February wrote:
Yes it does

no its doesn't. My nightwalker hits 4. dubs hits 4.

Xeph0n
Jul 18, 2007, 02:05 AM
I used to use the boat paddle sabers, and i have crea doubles and a rucar. With the expansion lower the gap between high percentage and low percentage weapons, i'd definitely recommend picking up a rucar if you can, its a great weapon for PP, it looks amazing, and the damage is by no means bad.
Just now, with a Cati Power and Rabol Dadan equipped i do about 270 for the first part of gravity dance with the 12% rucar, 330 odd with the 20% sweet death, and id imagine around 370-380 with a high percentage nightwalker. There is a difference, but i can live with it.

If you're on 360 like me prepare to sacrifice a lot for one if youre not lucky!

Shishi-O
Jul 18, 2007, 05:26 AM
i on xbox too..7/30, i shall return from the philipines