PDA

View Full Version : What Beast Do You Use?

Davot
Jul 17, 2007, 02:10 PM
Im wondering what beasts people use.please explain why you use the beast you do.

Kylie
Jul 17, 2007, 02:14 PM
Adaka (power). It's really the most useful to a high level beast.

Neith
Jul 17, 2007, 02:18 PM
When I'm Fortefighter, I use Boggo Val (Defense). With fF's DFP, I can afford to use this in high-end S2 missions, essentially as an invulnerability badge that lasts longer.

I'm currently Fighgunner though, and don't have the DFP to warrant using the Defense badge (high ATP monsters still hurt me a lot), so I use Vande Val (Invincibility badge).

I have seen Zeed Val, and don't use it because 1) I hate yellow and 2) I use my Nanoblasts defensively, which Zeed doesn't offer much of- unless I want to rely on EVP. As for Adaka Val... no thanks. I've seen far, far too many Adaka Val beasts have to rely on a Force's Resta to stay alive, so I'd rather not be a burden.

Kimil
Jul 17, 2007, 02:18 PM
Power
WT-Fembeast

EspioKaos
Jul 17, 2007, 02:20 PM
Boggo Val is my blast badge. I mainly got it for when I was a Fortetecher where the extra defense helped me stay alive longer during my nanoblast (since I can't heal myself then). However, now as a Wartecher, I could probably get away with Adaka Val. I won't be Wartecher forever, though, so I think I'll stick with Boggo.

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 02:21 PM
I currently went with Defense. In part was because it took less damage, had the high duration, and also still allowed to accept beneficial techs. And second...the color. Would be neat to see all four beast colors at once, for one time. It'll be like some crazy Technicolor Power Rangers or Voltron thing but with Beasts.

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 02:22 PM
For early levels, power is nice.

For later levels, invulnerability is a must. Without it, a beast is just a resta sponge at best, and dead at the worst. Nothing is more annoying to a Force than having to chase some Beast fighter around and healing them constantly so they don't ruin your S rank, when you could be doing more damage by just nuking >_<

So invulnerability unless you want to be a drag on high-level parties. Period. I see that red nanoblast and cringe everytime...

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 02:25 PM
The only shame for it is that Invulnerability lasts so short. The others take the advantage of the higher damage output. This is especially true for Female beasts that seem to have issues with attack rate and control. Then again, without some good balancer like that, then it'll severely limit choices for nanoblasts. Friends play around the playstyles anyway. It's not like all techers are stuck with level 10 resta. Some have serious reach. Besides, if the Beast at least knows they aren't invulnerable, they'll make the effort to not take the world's damage, if they can; which would avoid most runs having to deal with beast care-taking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-17 12:30 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Jul 17, 2007, 02:49 PM
invulnerability. I use to to take down nasssty tech weilding enemies (olgohmons, or enemies whose return fire is so damaging that I cannot afford to melee. (drua - whatevers for example).
jarba's I don't bother beasting for, not worth the risk. Bils, I don't - unless there are two, and most bosses just fly away or are out of reach.

goldova, grinning beta, kubarij (sp?), olgohmon kings, strateria - all good candidates for beastiness...

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 02:52 PM
If the Darn Goldova doesn't constantly Run away from you like Forrest Gump. Darn scaredy-cats.

They may be big, but they have to be the fastest track-runners in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-17 12:54 ]</font>

xennec
Jul 17, 2007, 03:30 PM
Boggo Val (defense). I loves teh purple. Also since most people seem to use power I don't use it. I will switch to speed and invulnerability sometimes depending on my mood.

DreamLocke
Jul 17, 2007, 03:36 PM
Vande Val for life.

True, power blast lasts longer and does big numbers, but I use the nano-blast to just run through stuff and get in some uninterrupted damage. I use it against mobs that cause problems; mainly those who throw lovely techs like megid and barta-series stuff. Even against melee-resistant enemies, I can still get some licks in.

It lasts 15 seconds shorter, but I use fast, multihit striking weapons so my blast is up and ready to go again pretty quickly.

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 17, 2007, 03:39 PM
Invunerability, It rocks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

JOHNIE
Jul 17, 2007, 03:42 PM
If only you knew how to use your beast and not die, The best is Power beast, last longer, blocks too, and does a lot more dmg for a longre time, I love seeing people use the wrong beast and not do half the dmg im doing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gen2000
Jul 17, 2007, 03:45 PM
Power because it's the best....if you have some Star Atomizer/Resta support. Otherwise Invulnerability when solo'ing or want to be "safe" because I feel healers in random PuGs still aren't picking up on the fact that Power Nanoblast delivers major pwn and can clear rooms insanely fast, they just need 3 heals or so heals to do so.

haruna
Jul 17, 2007, 03:46 PM
My beast Genji started with the yellow/speed boost from level 20-55.

I figured the yellow gave an offensive boost(hit more often, even those notorious pre-nerf Bees!) and a defensive boost(evade more attacks.) It worked really well until I started doing Lab Recovery S2, going up against the Jarbas.

ONE run was all I needed to convert to Invincibility. You can't heal yourself, Jarba megid will knock you out of any other Nanoblast and kill you. If you get unlucky and lag while you revert from Nanoblast to dead body, your scapes might not kick in. It's rare, but damn annoying when it happens.

At higher levels, stuff just gets NASTY and hits hard. even a friend of mine with the purple defensive form had to waste a fair amount of Nanoblast time running away/over to another player to heal them after getting banged up too hard.

I've also gotten my blast after getting ganged up on and that invincibility blast got me out of that situation.

DreamLocke
Jul 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
yeah the Vande Val also functions as a "panic button" for when you get into an unpleasant situation (Jarba sandwich)...

Recently beast form is invaluable vs. the kagajibaris at the end of HSM. Vande Val does wonders there, especially if some genius uses dark element on them. I've never been in a mission before this where everyone cares how many beasts they have in a party and whether their nano-blast is ready to go.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
invincibility brings da rawkus

15 seconds is all u need

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 14:02 ]</font>

Akaimizu
Jul 17, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-07-17 13:46, haruna wrote:
My beast Genji started with the yellow/speed boost from level 20-55.

I figured the yellow gave an offensive boost(hit more often, even those notorious pre-nerf Bees!) and a defensive boost(evade more attacks.) It worked really well until I started doing Lab Recovery S2, going up against the Jarbas.

ONE run was all I needed to convert to Invincibility. You can't heal yourself, Jarba megid will knock you out of any other Nanoblast and kill you. If you get unlucky and lag while you revert from Nanoblast to dead body, your scapes might not kick in. It's rare, but damn annoying when it happens.

At higher levels, stuff just gets NASTY and hits hard. even a friend of mine with the purple defensive form had to waste a fair amount of Nanoblast time running away/over to another player to heal them after getting banged up too hard.

I've also gotten my blast after getting ganged up on and that invincibility blast got me out of that situation.

I just think it would pretty much suck if everybody started to look for just 1 beast form. This would raise an inbalance flag or just another form of *what was these things here for, again* flag. I'm pretty sure, people can take advantage of the extra Nanoblast time, though. Sure, it may take a little more coordination; but why not? I would like to think people would actually start working on abilities that fair best with team cooperation instead of everybody planning everything around the selfish mindset, in this game. Not to ask that for everything, just one thing.

I hate to be considered in such a low percentile of people that make a lot of decisions based on taking advantage of the strength of others.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-17 14:25 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jul 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
Good point. Yet if I die because I can't get healed I'm not really contributing to the team much. I'm helping the team out by charging into the fray forming a nice, blue, invincible barrier.

Ryoki
Jul 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
Damnit, Zeed isn't speed.
It's accuracy and evasion.

I swear, no one notices that.

I use it because it matches my hair color. No other reason.

I really don't care, though.

Nanoblast sucks.

Yes, even though my only high level character is a beast, I say it sucks.

I bring Agtarides, Deftarides, and Zodiarides, that's all I need most of the time in a party.

As for not using invicibility, I don't mind. I try to stay away from enemy attacks, and I don't nanoblast on fast hardhitting bastards like Vahra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-17 14:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoki on 2007-07-17 14:53 ]</font>

APEXi
Jul 17, 2007, 04:47 PM
invulnerability - seen way too many asshats charge into jarbas using the power badge. we all know how that ends.

haruna
Jul 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
On 2007-07-17 13:59, DreamLocke wrote:
Recently beast form is invaluable vs. the kagajibaris at the end of HSM. Vande Val does wonders there, especially if some genius uses dark element on them.

If you can coordinate it, a FO using megiverse or dammegid+some beasts going invincible can tear the Kagajibari to shreds in the blink of an eye.

I'm going to be hitting Hive S2 when that comes out. Yay, level 100+ things spitting megid all over the place.

_Wolf_
Jul 17, 2007, 05:08 PM
invinceable Fortetecher beast

Tita
Jul 17, 2007, 05:51 PM
invincibility Fembeast PT/WT
i'll switch over the power ONLY if i'm buddied up with a reliable techer.

i solo a lot, and i hardly come across parties with techers who want to babysit a raging beast (personally, i they should. it's their JOB. i do it as a WT for other beasts and it's no skin off my back. bless the techers that do though).

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 17, 2007, 06:08 PM
well considering death doesn't effect rank anymore, dieing makes no difference.

And I can't believe people COMPLAIN about healing a beast. You're in a PARTY. I use Adaka Val, but sometimes I never even Nano in a mission, it really varies depending on the situation. But c'mon, either the beast is dumb and standing somewhere to take a lot of damage, or, the force is being stingy with resta. I think Adaka at the end of SW S2 is wonderful, because everyone is getting hit constantly there and forces are healing a lot anyways.

Seriously what ever happened to TEAMWORK, that's what the game is about. Adaka does some serious damage, and I can't get myself to use any other Nano

THE JACKEL

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
On 2007-07-17 15:51, Tita wrote:
i solo a lot, and i hardly come across parties with techers who want to babysit a raging beast (personally, i they should. it's their JOB. i do it as a WT for other beasts and it's no skin off my back. bless the techers that do though).

But an FT + invincible beast can do more damage than a power beast + FT having to heal them constantly... that's why all non-invincible nanoblasts fail at high levels. And FTs can do tons of damage you know... not just babysitting.

Edit: well, PC might be different now... die all you want, I guess...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: malice_nyc on 2007-07-17 16:20 ]</font>

KidoKresh
Jul 17, 2007, 06:18 PM
If I ever played my Beast character she would be using Adaka Val... But sadly she is lonley. ;.;

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 17, 2007, 06:23 PM
On 2007-07-17 16:18, malice_nyc wrote:

On 2007-07-17 15:51, Tita wrote:

But an FT + invincible beast can do more damage than a power beast + FT having to heal them constantly... that's why all non-invincible nanoblasts fail at high levels. And FTs can do tons of damage you know... not just babysitting.

Edit: well, PC might be different now... die all you want, I guess...

And any decent beast player doesn't need heals every second. In fact I've gone whole Adaka Nanos without even getting into yellow health.

A good beast and a good fortetecher can work well together with Adaka Val. I don't expect a babysitter, but a heal or two for the most part is enough to get me through an entire Nano. But like I pointed out, on something like Svaltus, even when people aren't Nano'd they need healing a lot, so I don't see any reason not to use Adaka there.

You really can't argue there are some times where fortetechers have to heal a lot anyways, so why not Adaka Nano then?

after reading more it seems like most people just don't know WHEN to Nano. I never Nano against a Jarba, especially as a fighgunner, I can do more damage using dual handguns in the long run, and never get hit. Seriously, it just seems like you play with people that don't know when to Nano.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-07-17 16:32 ]</font>

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-07-17 16:23, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
And any decent [...] player doesn't need heals every second. In fact I've gone whole Adaka Nanos without even getting into yellow health.

The trouble I guess isn't which beast form to use I guess... it's playing with decent players... sorry, I think I've been in far too many bad pick up games recently...

Neith
Jul 17, 2007, 08:25 PM
If you're Nanoblasting on Jarbas, and aren't using Vande Val, you kinda deserve what's coming to you.

The problem with Adaka Val is that it's the Fighgunner of Nanoblasts. (not bashing on Fighgunner, take your pitchforks elsewhere.) I just mean that a lot of people knock FG as the 'n00b' class. Everyone little kid wants to be hulk-smashing everything with no regard for his health. People who play Adaka Val right show it's potentially a good badge, but there's just so many people who have no idea what are bad monsters to use it on.

Like...don't use the heavy attack on Bil De Vears? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I'll be switching back to Boggo Val soon, as my FG level is getting to the point where I don't really need Vande Val anymore.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-07-17 18:26 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 17, 2007, 08:32 PM
Nanoblast? Ha! Nanoblasting is a sign of desperation and shows the enemy that you're either afraid or losing if you actually even need to use such a thing. My beast has no need, he kills stuff purely with his own skills.

ljkkjlcm9
Jul 17, 2007, 08:32 PM
On 2007-07-17 18:25, UrikoBB3 wrote:The problem with Adaka Val is that it's the Fighgunner of Nanoblasts.

lol

I'm a beast fighgunner with Adaka Val...

hey someone has to show other people how to do it!
amiright? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

lol

THE JACKEL

-Sake-
Aug 29, 2007, 04:34 AM
I can never decide which one I like best. My first one was the speed badge, had that for 5 or so lvls. Then I went to Defense, I liked that. The purple and black color scheme rocks. Then after awhile I went to Attack, and stuck with that for a long time. Recently went back to defense, and just now switched to Speed again. I've never chosen the invincible blast, just too short for me. The speed one I think is pretty good, since you never miss, or at least I've never seen myself miss, and compared to the others (defense and invincibility mainly) you'll end up doing more dmg. Although having to block an attack and stopping your beatdown kinda sucks, it is nice to take no dmg. I blocked the first 3 big yellow blasts from the big dude on HSM (sorry, can never remember the longer names) Defense is kinda like a watered down Invincible, Megid is all you really worry about, well, at least so far for me. I really am starting to miss the Attack badge though. I have had my moments when I've run away to save my life in that form, but I MISS THE DAMAGE SO MUCH! The point is to kinda kill everything before it can damage you anyway....heh.

MiaRitz
Aug 29, 2007, 05:40 AM
It depends on the sitaution:
Against tough dangerous enemies and bosses, especially when soloing Invinsibility is the way to go. Also nice to megid resistent(As many ppl will soon find out in Fakis S2)

But mainly I use Power. You almost do better damage without nano, if you have good weapons, than you do with Vande Val. Most of the time when I blast I dont even get hit. Most people fail to realise the crowd control capabilities of nanoblasting. Hit first, Hit hard. Send those foolish Vahras flying and kill em before they even get up. Power baby!

Rashiid
Aug 29, 2007, 06:27 AM
Power.

1) i dont mind losing a scape (comon; 5k; http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif)
2) whats the point in getting hit; pissed off; and not doing 'LOLBIGNUMBERZ??' in a sign of aggression?

i even tell the party 'its ok if i die; i dont mind'; and the techer will still throw in resta o.0

R2D6battlebot
Aug 29, 2007, 08:08 AM
Power beast...it only makes sense for a beast to do his job of dealing masive damage, so that a Force can do its job in a party and support and keep the party alive, rather than spaming attack spells all day and leaving the party to fend for themselves. I mean, yeah yeah yeah everyone has their playstyle blah blah blah, but isnt the point of a party to make quests easier and faster? A power beast does damage a LOT quicker than a Diga every two seconds. Case in point.....do your f*#$ing jobs Forces, and Ill do mine =P

desturel
Aug 29, 2007, 09:38 AM
Zeed and I have no problem soloing with it either. Since I mainly solo GoF and RB with my Beast, I only use the nanoblast on the annoying Ozuna or Olgohmon. I should probably switch to power since the extra agility isn't going to block foie and barta. Killing them quicker is always a plus.

Never bothered with invincibility. Since I can S-rank solo with Zeed, I can S-rank solo with any of them, although Zeed is pretty annoying when facing multiple Kog Nadd.

DaRkWoLf30
Aug 29, 2007, 09:42 AM
I use the Invunerability

Randomness
Aug 29, 2007, 10:09 AM
I use defense, but have considered upgrading that to invulnerable.

Kylie
Aug 29, 2007, 10:26 AM
I switched from power to defense because I was tired of dying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Though now as a fortetecher, I probably won't use my nanoblast at all because I'm way too weak, and I'd probably die easily with any of them... it wouldn't be worth it, imo.

Tetsaru
Aug 29, 2007, 03:00 PM
On 2007-08-29 08:26, Kylie wrote:
I switched from power to defense because I was tired of dying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Exactly, though I stick with the invulnerability one. I tried using power a few times, but I always felt it to be a liability when trying to take out the tougher enemies with it. You can't lay in the heavy damage if you're having to wait on someone to heal you while you're near-death, and stuff like Kog Nadds and Go Vahras can tear you up REAL FAST. =/

Even though the invulnerability nanoblast isn't very strong, and it doesn't last as long as the others, I still feel that I can eventually do more damage with it, since I don't have to worry about getting pwnzd by some random attack. Just use the first two button presses of the regular attack over and over (don't use the last hit, it's gawd-awful slow and isn't any stronger), and occasionally string the other "PA button" attack right after it, if you need to knock enemies away from someone. I find that works best for me. :3