PDA

View Full Version : grinding, please correct me if i am wrong.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 02:18 PM
i have high percentage nightwalkers that put sweet death to shame.

i see rucar as the only one you can't grind nightwalkers past.

the problems with missing during PAs is a concern to me.

u can either have high %( 44-50%)/ no grind( will break if attempted) or low %(10-12%) and +5 to +10 grind

the rucar is the only available way to pass this bottleneck( even better with high %)

and to be perfectly honest, having a neutral photon might give higher grind potential/ reality.

using nightwalkers as an example

att 335 pp378

assuming att rises 8 points per grind and pp rises 9 points per grind

a nightwalker @ it's 10th grind would have att. 415/ pp 468( i believe a neutral nightwalker would have a better chance of reaching this potential)

i do not know if there are bonuses for grind levels, but this plainly should be impressive.

please let me knoe what you think.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 12:32 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 12:58 ]</font>

Mayu
Jul 17, 2007, 02:24 PM
I can't understand what your trying to ask <.<

-- nvm

Use a high % weapon rather then a low +10 % weapon

1: More damage
2: You wouldn't even notice missing

Would you rather do a Solid

1400+ Damage - Gravity Dance final hit But you might miss?
or maybe a 900+? but you might not miss? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-17 12:25 ]</font>

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 02:49 PM
On 2007-07-17 12:24, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:

Me neither...

Anyway, if you get a rucar board, are you really going to care about stats? S ranks are just supposed to look cool.. they're the room decos of weapons.

panzer_unit
Jul 17, 2007, 02:56 PM
If there's a weapon I'll only ever get one of, I'll probably put regular photons in it just to make sure the damn thing succeeds. Your element's gonna help you against ONE flavor of monster... make it nearly unusable against the opposite... and do nothing against the other 4. For one rare weapon I'd want to use / show off everywhere, I'd make it green... if I got a second I'd get started on elements.

Neutral element doesn't help with grind success, though it does make blowing the weapon up feel a lot less painful than if you wipe out a 30%+ ... really what grind desk is good for is giving low-% synths a second shot at glory. Extra ATP, PP, and a little element together add up to be about as good as a 44% you don't want to risk losing.

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 02:56 PM
On 2007-07-17 12:24, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:

-- nvm

Use a high % weapon rather then a low +10 % weapon

1: More damage
2: You wouldn't even notice missing

Would you rather do a Solid

1400+ Damage - Gravity Dance final hit But you might miss?
or maybe a 900+? but you might not miss? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-07-17 12:25 ]</font>
the thought process that brings about that conclusion is what i am addressing by saying maybe because it is the path less traveled it is the path less known/ could be worth the trip.

i would rather do s-ranked damage with a properly cultured a-rank wep.

sweet death is 369 atp( and as someone pointed out, only low %)

nightwalker is 415 atp( +10 grind)

by basic math sweet death is outclassed

@25% of a given photon, sweet death is 440 atp( but you would have to have another sweet death for another type of enemy!)

with a +10 grind neutral nightwalker( all weapons)( it turns out to do the same damage as a 10% sweet death of any element) you can attack creatures of all elements( wich dynamically changes the landscape for weapons selection on gameplay)

a 50% night walker of a specific element does do about 500 atp on that specific elementally opposed foe( wich says quite a lot). but only that enemy. and dramatically less on a like photon foe.

this would be wonderfull for places like hive and dark satelite.

but then what are the chances of gaining such a weapon? same as gaining an s-rank?...just a bit easier actually.

but not easier than getting a neutral +10, wich does constant damage and has a significant reserve of pp

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 12:59 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 03:02 PM
it helps with fear of loss yes, and also with synth success.

as for grinding,...have you proven this?

if a 10-26% can be ground to +10 ,..even better.

but in my experience neutral helps everything, at the cost of high frills of a high percentage photon.

but maybe solid hit power and a reservoir of pp will convince you to try it.

i know i will

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 13:05 ]</font>

Mayu
Jul 17, 2007, 03:03 PM
erm It really doesn't o,0

I don't see how to prove it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 03:09 PM
I don't think making it green will help with grinding at all...

And if you just want to show it off, who cares what element it is? Esp. for the 99% of players who never leave Parum anyway?

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 03:15 PM
On 2007-07-17 13:09, malice_nyc wrote:
I don't think making it green will help with grinding at all...

And if you just want to show it off, who cares what element it is? Esp. for the 99% of players who never leave Parum anyway?

..good point.

no one leaves parum,...

ps- the percentage of the wep determines the grind lvl

like there is a cap for atp from any given wep

so while 50% would be the best

neutral +10 grind would be the easiest.

and allow competition with the uber rich who can waste millions trying to make a 50% wep/ buy an s- rank/ buy a 50%

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 13:23 ]</font>

majorgamer55
Jul 17, 2007, 03:26 PM
my advice: wait for the expansion because u can grind watever u want and u wont break ur weps, meaning grinding those 50%

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 04:00 PM
...damn my impatience!!

i am in the philipines until 7/30

so please give it a try and let me know how you like it.

or your take on it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-17 14:04 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Jul 17, 2007, 04:08 PM
hmmn

Kion
Jul 17, 2007, 05:32 PM
With melee weapons; most of the damage comes from percent. My 50% 8* gudda godda do about 2x the damage of my 8* gudda brebacs +10. However, that's only against one kind of enemy. If you're going to take the time to grind to +10 you might as well make the weapon nuetral because it's high atp you can use anywhere. Also you're going to break alot of them; you're better of saving money not using elemental photons and you get higher synth rates for using standard photons.

What I've found is that a +10 does about the damage of a 20% weapon of the same amount of stars. The nice part is that you don't have to change equipment every time you switch missions and the bonus amount of PP is definately worth it. So you have one strong weapon that works in all circumstances.

As for S ranks; it seems that most of them come out with decent percentages and combined with the atp they have they're meant to do alot of damage. So if you get a Rucar board make it the element you want (not neutral), there will be more S ranks as you go along and you can exspand your rainbow. Right now, even if it's not the right element, it will still do as much as a nightwalker +10.

Shishi-O
Jul 18, 2007, 05:40 AM
On 2007-07-17 15:32, Kion wrote:
With melee weapons; most of the damage comes from percent. My 50% 8* gudda godda do about 2x the damage of my 8* gudda brebacs +10. However, that's only against one kind of enemy. If you're going to take the time to grind to +10 you might as well make the weapon nuetral because it's high atp you can use anywhere. Also you're going to break alot of them; you're better of saving money not using elemental photons and you get higher synth rates for using standard photons.

What I've found is that a +10 does about the damage of a 20% weapon of the same amount of stars. The nice part is that you don't have to change equipment every time you switch missions and the bonus amount of PP is definately worth it. So you have one strong weapon that works in all circumstances.

As for S ranks; it seems that most of them come out with decent percentages and combined with the atp they have they're meant to do alot of damage. So if you get a Rucar board make it the element you want (not neutral), there will be more S ranks as you go along and you can exspand your rainbow. Right now, even if it's not the right element, it will still do as much as a nightwalker +10.

very interesting.

i can't wait to get back to the states

ps.- do you know of the actual atp of a +10 nightwalker/ the grind bonuses