PDA

View Full Version : will A-photons become available for weps synthing??

Shishi-O
Jul 17, 2007, 04:26 PM
a-photons=

higher chance of critical hit during combos

higher power output than neutral photons

half the power output of specific elemental photons( like midway between neutral and element photon), but applicable to all enemies.

Shiryuu
Jul 17, 2007, 04:34 PM
Aren't A-photons practically gra-photons since stateria are the only ones who have it....?

Notos
Jul 17, 2007, 04:36 PM
http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/charworld_misc.php
Unless you don't mind your gun/sword/whatever being as big as your house, then no.

VanHalen
Jul 17, 2007, 04:39 PM
I don't know if I want the SEED infected creatures, enemies, and other SEED based things stalking me at night.

Soukosa
Jul 17, 2007, 04:40 PM
In that respect you could say that Megi-photons would be that too since the enemies at the HIVE were constructed by something feeding off of an A-photon reactor. But the thing is, the element of the photons from that enemy has no berring on the enemy's element but purely what area they spawn in.

Though if you really wanted to get with this, you could say that you wouldn't/couldn't use A-photons in equipment since the photons in them is pulling its power from the user while A-photons create their own power. Then we go on to how it was A-photons that helped to destory Mellovore and the ancient civilization that made the relics. Doesn't seem like something I would want with me, at least til they can tame it (if ever).

Shiryuu
Jul 17, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-07-17 14:40, Sounomi wrote:
Doesn't seem like something I would want with me, at least til they can tame it (if ever).

Svaltus Sword.

Ryoki
Jul 17, 2007, 04:55 PM
Erm....A photons draw the seed, and killed the ancient civilization on the guhral system.

Basically, using a photons on a weapon would not only be unstable, but it would basically make seed infected monsters beat the crap~ out of you harder.

Umberger
Jul 17, 2007, 04:57 PM
Just curious, what technic is this (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/charworld/ch_relics_ss05.png)?

EspioKaos
Jul 17, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-07-17 14:57, Umberger wrote:
Just curious, what technic is this (http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/image/charworld/ch_relics_ss05.png)?

Going by the color of the photon manifestation over Ethan's head, it would be a lightning-based TECHNIC. However, as you know, we don't have anything that looks like that. I just figure it's an early version of Zonde.

Skuda
Jul 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
On 2007-07-17 14:55, Ryoki wrote:
Erm....A photons draw the seed, and killed the ancient civilization on the guhral system.

It wasn't the A photons that destroyed the ancient Gurhalians, it was the SEED that were drawn to them that killed everyone.

In Offline storymode, you do find a small A-photon reactor from one of the stateria. From what I understand, it has similar strength to the giant reactors the current Gurhal citizens are working with.

Depending on what happens in AoI's storyline, it is completely possible that we would be able to construct A-photon based weaponry. We already know that the Illuminus have created an A-photon bomb.

As for the possible properties of A-photon weapons, I pretty much like what the OP thought of. I'm not too sure about the last point, but I see them as being a more advanced version of the normal photons we have now. By that, I mean that the A-photon weapons would look green, but would give the weapon much greater power. Photons are pretty useless right now, but who knows. Some people might still like the greed coloured photons on their weapons.

Shiryuu
Jul 17, 2007, 09:28 PM
A-photon variants of weapons would be neat. Add a 5th slot to add A-photons in with normal ones. Probably make it available only to S-rank weapons/armor.

Shishi-O
Jul 18, 2007, 05:34 AM
On 2007-07-17 19:28, Shiryuu wrote:
A-photon variants of weapons would be neat. Add a 5th slot to add A-photons in with normal ones. Probably make it available only to S-rank weapons/armor.

it would be available to all but xtremely costly to use in low grade weapons...it would just make a wep of a higher power output w/ higher criticals

you got it thought perfect

Shishi-O
Jul 18, 2007, 05:36 AM
a-photons would be amber/ gold in color/ sparkle w/ the other type of photon

Sekani
Jul 18, 2007, 08:03 AM
According to its description, the Svaltus Sword is powered by an A-photon reactor.