PDA

View Full Version : Alternative method of payment? (That works in Canada?)

Phaze37
Jul 17, 2007, 05:59 PM
I want to resubscribe to the game. So I went and applied for a credit card. The problem is, it's gonna take a week or two for it to arrive, but I want to play today, or maybe tomorrow, while I have some free time. I won't have nearly as much free time a week from now, and unlike PSO, PSU can't really be played in half-hour sessions. In fact, that was the main reason why I quit in the first place. I know that there are already a few topics on this subject, but they are generally from an american point of view, so they don't help me much. For example, I read in one of those topics that it's possible to pay using a debit card, but I've tried and can't get it to work. I dunno if that's because I'm canadian or if my bank is just lame or what, but as far as I can tell my only option is a credit card, and I'm waiting for that to arrive in the mail.

Is there anything I can do to subscribe and play today, aside from using someone else's credit card?

ZeroVer01
Jul 17, 2007, 06:03 PM
I don't know about the availability of these in Canada, but I use the Visa Gift Cards to pay for my subscription. I know the Green Dot one works, I specifically use the simon malls one. They are pretty nice, available instantly, all you have to do is register your name and address online. Takes 2 minutes tops. That, and the fee is only $2.00 so it is rather cheap. But like I said, I don't know about the availability of these in Canada, but if you can find them, they are great to use.

Phaze37
Jul 17, 2007, 06:07 PM
Where would I find one of these?

ZeroVer01
Jul 17, 2007, 08:34 PM
Google? Walgreens has green dot cards in the U.S.

Phaze37
Jul 17, 2007, 09:02 PM
I tried googling for visa gift cards and green dot. Visa gift cards seem to be the same deal as regular credit cards, meaning I'd need to wait a week for it to arrive in the mail. The green dot website has a store locator but it only works for the states, so it's probably not available here. Also, we don't have a Walgreen's where I live.

Is there a prepaid credit card available in Canada that I can just go to a store and buy?

Jaspaller
Jul 18, 2007, 10:09 AM
You could always try EB games if you've got one closeby. I'm not 100% sure on it since I don't use them but they should have them. Probably have to ask one of the store clerk guys there.

Phaze37
Jul 18, 2007, 02:46 PM
After hearing from a few people that these kinds of cards aren't available here in Canada, I was about to ignore your suggestion.... until I noticed where you're from. So I called EB. The girl working there was a real jackass and basically suggested that I was stupid for thinking that they had anything like credit cards there.

Skuda
Jul 18, 2007, 02:57 PM
I tried looking for prepaid visa cards myself before. No dice. I suppose your best bet is to wait, or have a friend help you with your subsription till then.