PDA

View Full Version : who's not taking advantage of 3 star holy light?

Raven5_1
Jul 17, 2007, 07:19 PM
i just realised i havent been online in over 3 days.

thats 3 days of 3 star holy light wasted.

and you know what?

i aint bovvered.

thats right, after all the time i put in to help reach the firebreak total i'm not bothered i'm losing out on the luck reward.i got the frying pan, i took advantage of the discount clothes prices i know have 99 percent of the parts for female casts and most of the female clothes i could ever want but i'm not really doing anything when it comes to the 3 star stuff maybe its the fact that for the longest time the luck on psu has been damn shady, maybe its slight burnout but i do know part of the reason is my characters are all too low to take advantage of the 3 star luck to grind or synth anything of worth. i mean lets be honest a level 20 cast* whose only a lvl 3 fightgunner with a lvl 25 pm and only 2 b weps is hardly going to get a rare weapon [b]oard on a run heck most c and b weps dont drop untill you do the high stuff means synthing or grinding is a waste and unless i'm soloing which is hard with low end characters i end up running around at 11pm GMT repeating HSM on C because thats the only place i can find a team consistantly

but getting back to the point who else for whatever reason is not really taking advantage(if it is an advantage) of the 3 star holy light week?

*i do have a lvl 42 human female ff but she's at that weird stage where lvling up is tedious on c and most b runs solo and i cant commit the time to lvl solo and with hsm getting so spammed...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raven5_1 on 2007-07-17 17:24 ]</font>

Nani-chan
Jul 17, 2007, 07:26 PM
The way luck works is this....

You only get things when you don't neccessarily need them, or when you try hard to get something you won't always get it.
So in the end luck doesn't matter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ifrit360
Jul 17, 2007, 07:38 PM
dude dont complain i got 2 80+s and i never find anything

Ifrit360
Jul 17, 2007, 07:40 PM
half the reason why the economy is Effed up on 360 is bc ppl flood to money runs and noone farms. On top of that the drop rates for stuff sucks

Raven5_1
Jul 17, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-07-17 17:38, Ifrit360 wrote:
dude dont complain i got 2 80+s and i never find anything

oh i'm not complaining http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif i know for certain i wont find anything its just i finally realised what i had subconsiously already known, that luck is technically worthless

Ifrit360
Jul 17, 2007, 07:46 PM
ya if u ask me if i had a choice to play PSU or 2 worlds right now some ppl could already guess what it would be and i would use my PSU intruction booklet to whipe my hiney

Raven5_1
Jul 17, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-07-17 17:46, Ifrit360 wrote:
ya if u ask me if i had a choice to play PSU or 2 worlds right now some ppl could already guess what it would be and i would use my PSU intruction booklet to whipe my hiney

i think i'm close to that stage myself. the rare-synth-grind-mesta situation is so broke right now its getting frustrating so much hard work for so little rewards! i mean i got to fightgunner only to discover that dispite the fact that claws, and double sabers are in my wep list i cant use them and probably wont be able to use them till i hit the mid 30's and the truely rewarding stuff doesnt hit till your in the 50-60 range and when it drops its a board which you spend forever to find all the materials only to have it fail to synth but if you get lucky and the synth succeedsn you try to find it onlly to have it break really puts a dampener on the game and dont forget the huge devide between high end and new players most high players are off in s2 and the lower players are struggling to find a decent highlevel player to help them get through the missions and level themselves or having to solo to do the same.

thats why i'm hoping aoi revitalises the economy-rare-synth-grind aspect, as well as the comunity aspect

oh god i just read what i wrote above i really am whining arent i?

VanHalen
Jul 17, 2007, 08:03 PM
Well, I didn't grind anything as of yet. Also I heard luck doesn't effect rare drops anyway so I guess I haven't taken advantage of it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

Ifrit360
Jul 17, 2007, 08:07 PM
Vanhalen u are a smart cookie man Van is right luck does not effect what drops but how rare it is which i find that to be a complete waste of time farming stuff so i have given up if i find it big whoop it happens then i also have to worry about is it gonna fail or make or how much i can sell it for

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 17, 2007, 08:28 PM
Meh, I'll never get an S rank, so why bother? I'll rather just level up and then work on my alts cuz lets face it, my luck sux and I won't get anything. If I solo, I'll take too long and if I'm in a group, even if there is a drop, it'll fall in the hands of the wrong person. Yeah, I just give up on S ranks.

Rashiid
Jul 17, 2007, 10:11 PM
i used it for 2 days. nothin. so fuxxx it. everytime i left tha party, Rynos sends me a msg liek 'omg a Svaltus [B] dropped!'

then round 2 when i left 'omg i got a Meteor [B]!!!'

after that i just said fck it. im done hunting.

edit: oh and theres were tha run IMMIDATLY after i left.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rashiid on 2007-07-17 20:22 ]</font>

DurakkenX
Jul 17, 2007, 10:13 PM
I've been sick...and i get nothing anyhow when i play so it doesn't really effect how i play.

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
No one gets anything on 3* luck... grind your weapons and ignore the sparkles...

-Ryuki-
Jul 17, 2007, 10:17 PM
It's not that no one's abusing their luck, it's that they can't.

Wallin
Jul 17, 2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not taking advantage of it because I don't have any characters that are high enough for rare hunting, so it's rather boring right now. I tried for a couple of hours to get any rare maps for Rappies and those things that drop the Black Heart, never saw anything, so it was just a waste of time.

Aralia
Jul 17, 2007, 11:40 PM
*raises hand*

Screw 3 luck.. I'm tech leveling. 30's ->gidiga, gibarta, gizonde, razonde, radiga, rafoie, and gifoie is on it's way (25)
All since friday's update. Not even mentioning the ones I maxed since I started this game..
I think I'm just about ready to switch back to my fG or FG. >.>

TheLOLBandit
Jul 17, 2007, 11:42 PM
ive given up on "taking advantage of my luck". i never find anything anyway. some my answer is...

no not me

DarkEliteRico
Jul 18, 2007, 12:04 AM
pretty much wasting it, i've been too busy with life outside of gaming i haven't put much effort into finding stuff. my hunt for S ranks is going no where, i get tired of hunting solo for fear that someone else will get something i've worked so hard to get.

Zael
Jul 18, 2007, 01:58 AM
lol, i've really been doing nothing but bullet leveling since the servers last came up.

-Crokar-
Jul 18, 2007, 02:03 AM
i played sw and po to lvl 84never saw any board whatsoever. i seen better stuff drop with no luck lol

Authenticate
Jul 18, 2007, 04:42 AM
My 360 is at the repair center (has been since before Firebreak ended), so I'm missing out. Apparently they're getting a larger amount of repair orders in than normal because they extended their warranty. That guy better not have been BSing me when he told me I'd only have to wait another week. I want to play mah gamez. T_T

Authenticate
Jul 18, 2007, 04:44 AM
My 360 is at the repair center (has been since before Firebreak ended), so I'm missing out. Apparently they're getting a larger amount of repair orders in than normal because they extended their warranty. That guy better not have been BSing me when he told me I'd only have to wait another week. I want to play mah gamez. T_T

landman
Jul 18, 2007, 08:06 AM
Since last week backwards compatibility update I've been playing Morrowind for 3 days lol yesterday I partied with my friends at lvl 85 and I am half way to 81

The only think I have tried to rarehunt are materials but I haven't seen many of them :S and with the new rebalanced missions it is more boring/hard since there are less enemies

SStrikerR
Jul 18, 2007, 08:14 AM
i was on the first day of kuck week, didnt hunt anything, spent my time lving once then getting my ass handed to me by ragan for the hell of it. (with tincanpowerranger-halen of course =P)

after that i havent been on. XD pso rocks, i actually get rares and if i see one, I KNOW 100% that its mine forever till i trade. =]

rather than psu where i find a rare board

creadoubles! woot found em

made a 100 strk pm just for that, poof, creadoubles broke.

there goes fuckin psu out the window.

no seriously, i threw it out the window and i think a little kid from across the street picked it up, im debating on wether i should go get it back or not XD.

relentless
Jul 18, 2007, 08:28 AM
Now now, it's a game, don't be that aggressive. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

I saw Giga / Skill, Huge Cutter, Svaltus Sword, 5 Stormlines and a lot of other things drop this week. X_x
I got one of the Stormlines which I entrusted to Raiden, which succeeded and got a decent light %. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Well yeah, abusing my luck? How so?x.x lol I don't want anything except lvl 30 PAs and the Psycho Wand. XD

amtalx
Jul 18, 2007, 08:43 AM
I've been grinding S2s for the last 3 days, and I have never (including the 750 hours before the week luck started) seen an S-rank drop.

Mayu
Jul 18, 2007, 08:54 AM
I'm playing my alt -_-

relentless
Jul 18, 2007, 09:04 AM
lol I just thought about giving up on Orgdus.
Fuxxing 3 star luck is confusing me.
It doesn't affect the drops yet I want to hunt huge Cutter because of that. -_-
Guess I'll either do other things, afk, help other people, play my alt or lvl up spells. lol D:

Shou
Jul 18, 2007, 09:31 AM
I think there will be one day where ST "fixes" (yes fixes because its broken righ now) the Drop rate for rare items. Dont worry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif >>>>>>>>>>>> AXIMUM ATTACK PSU 10 X DROP RATE FTW!!!

Dopples
Jul 18, 2007, 02:39 PM
I'm not, considering that I broke 3 of my A Rank weapons. On the first grind. And I have exactly....100k meseta.

Life must hate me.

RedX
Jul 18, 2007, 02:42 PM
Theres nothing i can do to take advantage of it. I'm poor and not high enough level to hunt good rares.

Gen2000
Jul 18, 2007, 03:07 PM
Tell me how to take advantage of 3Luck (besides grinding) and I would. I haven't really found any more supposedly awesome shit on 3Luck than I do on 0Luck. The best things I found was on 0Luck.

0Luck > 3Luck.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 18, 2007, 03:09 PM
I was benefitting from 3* luck, but since I'm here babbling about the [B] 2 - Headed Ragnus I just found, I guess I'm not out exploiting my luck very much am I? Lol.

DreamLocke
Jul 18, 2007, 03:56 PM
On 2007-07-18 12:42, RedX wrote:
Theres nothing i can do to take advantage of it. I'm poor and not high enough level to hunt good rares.

Amen, brother. That's my fault, though. I'm training two characters because I can't decide who to level to cap first. I would probably be in the 70's if I didn't have an alt. Plus I'm focused on MP and $$, not exp ATM. So I level SLOW...

Holy light hasn't really made me any luckier finding rares either...oh well. Least I have a pretty light next to my name for a while.

PJ
Jul 18, 2007, 04:03 PM
My internet sucks. Haven't logged in all week cause, let's face it, you can't do anything on PSU in 3 minute segments.

mrlion
Jul 18, 2007, 04:20 PM
Well I just started this game so the benefits for the Luck thing wont be experienced to the fullest...however...I've heard from higher leveled people that it doesn't really make a difference, maybe they are confusing luck with drop rates? I know drop rates didn't change....just the luck so if its really the same then I didn't really need it.