PDA

View Full Version : How I'd love the Classes to Be on PSU...

XDeviousX
Jul 17, 2007, 09:51 PM
This is just what I would like for fun since I'm board, can't get on PSU at the moment, and have had a bad day..

I Figured I'd adjust each advanced type I've played around with negating the Arco classes from the list since I haven't had hands on experience with them...

Let's get started with my additions.

Fortefighter

Added Abilities:
Putting up to three PA's on a two handed weapon. (The shift key would switch from the "main" PA and normal attack to the additional PAs)
Draw back: Each Pa added lowers PP regen.

Extra fortitude or the ability to take damage and not fall over or get knocked out of a PA once its started.
Drawback: None, Fortefighter should have this anyways!!
Note: Foretfighters could still evade getting no damage as usual but not completing their PA/BA so players that don't like evade should buy armor and units that lower evade...

Wartecher

Added Abilities:
Ability to apply techs to Green/Neutral two handed melee weapons to give elemental %'s and 1/2 it's current status effect.(0-2 SE)
Basic Techs. 1-10/0%, 11-20/%2, 21-30/4%, 31-40/6%
Ra Techs. 1-10/6%, 11-20/8%, 21-30/10%, 31-40/12%
Dam Techs. 1-10/12%, 11-20/14%, 21-30/16%, 31-40/18%
Gi Techs. 1-10/18%, 11-20/20%, 21-30/22%, 31-40/24%
Nos Techs. 1-10/24%, 11-20/26%, 21-30/28%, 31-40/30%

Drawback: Each class of tech (basic, Ra, Gi, etc) Raises PP usage by 2 per increment. (Basic adds 2, Nos adds 10, etc.) Also, the spell applied to the weapon cannot be used on another melee weapon or cast from a wand/rod/mag while applied to a melee weapon.

Note: Only one Tech could be applied to a weapon and there must be NO elementalt% added to the weapon as stated before.

Guntecher

Added Abilities:
Ability to add Basic techs instead of Bullet Arts to two handed weapons to get special Bullet Techs. Each Tech would react different in a different weapon (I.E. with Foi twin guns could shoot mini fireballs and a Riffle would act like a flame thrower, etc)

Drawback: Applying a basic tech lowers att and lowers overall PP by 10% and boosts PP used per shot by the tech's PP usage. Also the Tech cannot be added to another gun or be cast as a regular Tech while applied to a gun. (Huge PP Drains..)

Note: The benifit would be greater distance, speed, and accuracy for techs, and added damage to Bullets. Damage would be based on the weapon's damage plus the tech damage. (The higher your tp the better...)

Fortetecher

Added Abilities:

The Ability to Absorb enemy Techs when they are evaded to restore current weapons PP.
Drawbacks: None

The ability to cast techs while evading.
Note: Usually Fortetechers can only cast while evading when they are already in a casting motion. This would be like a counter or defensive casting...

The ability to be resistant to the element of the Rod/wand they're holding.
Drawback: The enemy you are resistant to will probably be immune to the spells you cast..

Note: If the Rod/wand is Neutral then there is no bonus gained. Mags do not count towards the elemental defense, but armors do...

Fortegunner

Added Ability:

The Ability to add up to 4 Bullet Arts to a two handed firearm/gun/ranged weapon.
Drawback: Lowered att per Bullet Art applied and higher PP usage.

The ability to be more mobile with two handed guns (better then what they are, less then mobility with a mechine gun)
Drawback: None

The ability to use goggles to zoom into targets and increase weapon range.
Drawback: Weaker damage, lower accuracy, and higher PP usage the more distance past regular range you move past up to a point. (Undetermined for now...)

Fighgunner

Added Abilities:
The ability to shoot firearms 10% faster
Drawbacks: None (Faster PP drain lol)

The ability to start a regular or PA combo attack while evading.
Drawbacks: None

Protranser

Added Abilities:

Sorry to anyone that thought I had a Prot addition but I ran out of ideas. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Also, I would like if Newmans got a power gauge that charged a special elemental attack as they fought/amassed damage. They could get a spiritual tattoo like Beast, but instead of turning into a Beast they would rain one of 6 elemental attacks down on enemies with status effects in tow of coarse. For the sad kids that want a "Newman Summon", maybe the elemental attach could come in the form of an elemental avatar. (I'd rather not but I'll share my dream) {/wish list]

Feel free to reply to, add to, or discuss anything you've read here and before people attemp to flame, I'm not saying this is how things "should be" just that I think these changes would be awesome for ME. if you don't agree or have your own ideas please reply.

omegapirate2k
Jul 17, 2007, 10:08 PM
Protransers should be able to do more damage with tr- oh wait.

WolfBlade
Jul 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
haha i like the Fo one, but they should make a light attack not support , maybe summuning like Photon Arts in PSO

DatNiggaLonz
Jul 17, 2007, 10:15 PM
On 2007-07-17 20:08, omegapirate2k wrote:

loln00b, protranny's dont use traps.

Most of them ARE traps. example, "Hale". He's a trap, just a really really buttugly hismotherwouldn'tkisshim one.

malice_nyc
Jul 17, 2007, 10:23 PM

You mean they should get a higher critical hit rate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

omegapirate2k
Jul 17, 2007, 10:27 PM
On 2007-07-17 20:23, malice_nyc wrote:

You mean they should get a higher critical hit rate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

You have a point th- oh wait.

Realmz
Jul 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
i actually think protransers should be able to hold double the amount of traps as other classes get.

but then again maybe thats just me...

RedX
Jul 17, 2007, 10:51 PM
On 2007-07-17 20:44, Realmz wrote:
i actually think protransers should be able to hold double the amount of traps as other classes get.

but then again maybe thats just me...

I agree >.>

Gryffin
Jul 17, 2007, 11:09 PM
Protranser:

Can equip traps into 2-handed weapons without using traps, and using PP, G traps take 50 per trap, basic's take 35. Trap damage is divided by 2.

Melee weapons have a chance of using the status of the trap placed, if it is a damage trap, damage is multiplied by 1.25.
Ranged weapons do 1.25 damage, and have 1.25 status chance.

^-^

Chuck_Norris
Jul 17, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-07-17 19:51, XDeviousX wrote:
Fortefighter

Added Abilities:
Putting up to three PA's on a two handed weapon. (The shift key would switch from the "main" PA and normal attack to the additional PAs)
Draw back: Each Pa added lowers PP regen.

Extra fortitude or the ability to take damage and not fall over or get knocked out of a PA once its started.
Drawback: None, Fortefighter should have this anyways!!

I like this guy http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Chaobo99
Jul 17, 2007, 11:27 PM
Protransers:
The ability to see traps w/o the use of goggles.
Trap Discount Card XD

Chuck_Norris
Jul 17, 2007, 11:32 PM
Protansers:
With any race the protranser can turn into a giant trap that kills everything in the block once the bar is full
Downsides:replaces nanoblast and SUV weapons for CAST and beast, Also after you use this trap you die.

Josko
Jul 17, 2007, 11:36 PM
Protranser:

Explodes upon death, dealing damage equivalent to all the traps currently equipped to the pallette going off at once. Seems quirky enough. And considering the new lax laws concerning death, it wouldn't really be at all detrimental to the mission. It might be a tad broken, though; maybe just G trap damage, or something.

Whatever. If nothing else, we can probably all agree that more explosions could do nothing but improve the gaming experience.

In all seriousness, though, protos could definately use an increase in trap storage capacity. And I've been hoping for some form of rechargeable photon traps for a while now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Josko on 2007-07-17 21:39 ]</font>

Almighty_Envy
Jul 17, 2007, 11:37 PM
On 2007-07-17 19:51, XDeviousX wrote:

Fortetecher

Added Abilities:

The Ability to Absorb enemy Techs when they are evaded to restore current weapons PP.

<_<

>_>

No offense but thats the only idea that I think is good >_>

IMO^<----

Reipard
Jul 18, 2007, 12:25 AM
I like the idea of WT and GTs applying their techs to their weapon selection. It'd really make things much more interesting.

Zorafim
Jul 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
Wartecher: S rank madoogs, S rank saber. Either that, or daggers equipable on the left hand.

There's no reason why it should be the only hybrid that can't dual wield both its types at the same time.

Kion
Jul 18, 2007, 01:22 AM
On 2007-07-17 22:25, Reipard wrote:
I like the idea of WT and GTs applying their techs to their weapon selection. It'd really make things much more interesting.

as opposed to making elemental weapons or simply casting techs?

seriously there aren't that many ideas here that aren't basically implemented in the game already, except for the fortetecher part. the fact that they're ranged support and have high mst, I don't think they need to worry about elemental attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-17 23:23 ]</font>

Zorafim
Jul 18, 2007, 01:45 AM
I also want to add that I want the two acro classes to be combined. Lv30 support, lv30 offense, lv40 arts, lv1 ranged. S rank madoogs, claws, sabers, daggers, slicers, and whips. Maybe Shadoogs, but I don't think that's necessary.
Why? I miss playing as a melee/mage. Overpowered, maybe. Cool, definitely.

XDeviousX
Jul 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
On 2007-07-17 23:22, Kion wrote:

On 2007-07-17 22:25, Reipard wrote:

seriously there aren't that many ideas here that aren't basically implemented in the game already, except for the fortetecher part. the fact that they're ranged support and have high mst, I don't think they need to worry about elemental attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-17 23:23 ]</font>

So we can apply multiple PA's to two handed weapons and add elemental %'s to neutral weapons? You may not like my ideas, but none of them have been implemented in PSU or I should say, they haven't been implemented in the same way... Fortefighters not getting knocked over or knocked out of a PA combo = priceless btw!!!

Also if you read, in the case of guns the techs get a faster casting rime, range, and guns att added to the damage, and for wartechers a green weapon would be gold....

Thanks for the responses, I like the PT being able to hold more treps, how about PTs being able to drop two or three traps of different kinds? (Ice + Infection ftw)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-18 00:24 ]</font>

Reipard
Jul 18, 2007, 07:35 AM

I'm sorry that you don't see the appeal of harmless speculation and wishful thinking.

panzer_unit
Jul 18, 2007, 10:30 AM
The bit of Extra mode I've done makes me wish online classes were a little like that.

I'd like to see ALL expert classes get ALL basic weapons at C-rank... with level 10 skills and basic trap access too. This would make race/class choices, and class switching, a lot more interesting. Also there would be some slight point to crap material drops. I think we could even live with everyone having all the ultimate bullets, and running around with 826 ATP gigushes.

Binding multiple bullet / PA skills on a weapon would be great. You can basically get the same effect from stacking identical weapons on your palette, but this would save some space.

Dropping traps by selecting them in the item palette (like using a mate) rather than arming them as a weapon would really help laggy PS2 players. Hijack the triangle button as appropriate for detonating G traps.

XDeviousX
Jul 18, 2007, 04:05 PM
On 2007-07-18 08:30, panzer_unit wrote:
The bit of Extra mode I've done makes me wish online classes were a little like that.

I'd like to see ALL expert classes get ALL basic weapons at C-rank... with level 10 skills and basic trap access too. This would make race/class choices, and class switching, a lot more interesting. Also there would be some slight point to crap material drops. I think we could even live with everyone having all the ultimate bullets, and running around with 826 ATP gigushes.

Binding multiple bullet / PA skills on a weapon would be great. You can basically get the same effect from stacking identical weapons on your palette, but this would save some space.

Dropping traps by selecting them in the item palette (like using a mate) rather than arming them as a weapon would really help laggy PS2 players. Hijack the triangle button as appropriate for detonating G traps.

Workable and good idea that could be make the idea of PT dropping different types of traps at the same time golden, especially when mixed with on the fly combos...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-18 14:08 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jul 18, 2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah, it's a pain that you've got to be defenseless immediately before/after setting a trap... especially if you lag, 'cause you're out of action for a good while then. It would be great to smoothly trip the target before dropping a regular time-delay trap, apply appropriate crowd control to set up a G-trap, and be able to fight immediately after detonating shock or silence... instead of getting your weapon back just as the effect wears off.

Kion
Jul 18, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-07-18 05:35, Reipard wrote:

I'm sorry that you don't see the appeal of harmless speculation and wishful thinking.

Sorry call me a realist, but i don't think this thread was creative to begin with.

On 2007-07-18 00:22, XDeviousX wrote:

So we can apply multiple PA's to two handed weapons and add elemental %'s to neutral weapons? You may not like my ideas, but none of them have been implemented in PSU or I should say, they haven't been implemented in the same way... Fortefighters not getting knocked over or knocked out of a PA combo = priceless btw!!!

Also if you read, in the case of guns the techs get a faster casting rime, range, and guns att added to the damage, and for wartechers a green weapon would be gold....

Not in the same way, but they're still implemented. With fortefighter you can carry around multiple fo the same weapon with different PA's linked and be able to swap instantly (FO's have been doing this for a while). And they're two handed weapons not swiss army knives. As for the deffense, you wrote in your note that they can still get knocked back using bad armor so i don't know how you intend to implement this. Fortefighter already has insane def and it doesn't interupt your PA. Equip tenora armor and hit the level cap and you should see results about even witrh your post.

Wartecher can already do that. Techs do SE's and you can make elemental weapons.

For GT there already are elemental bullets and they come with SE level 4, plus I don't see the point of equipping techs to guns when they already do those things. (damfoie is a flamethrow)

Seeing as there aren't that many elemental enemy types in one level i don't see the for four bullets on one gun for fortegunner. And added mobility for two handed weapons? Other than PT they're the only class than can use those weapons. You want them to carry a huge grenade launcher around like a lunch box? And range already increases as bullets are leveled.

Fortetecher can block while evading, and as evasion doesn't knock you across the room, they can stand in one spot and cast techs with out a care. And they have the highest mst in the game so tech attacks affect them the least as it is. I don't think they need to be invulnerable, and using the same element on an enemy already does gimped damage.

Serephim
Jul 18, 2007, 05:49 PM
On 2007-07-17 21:36, Josko wrote:
Protranser:

Explodes upon death

LOL is that all your good for

" FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH "

*runs into crowd*

*dies*

*trial clear*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-18 15:51 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Jul 18, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-07-18 15:45, Kion wrote:

Sorry call me a realist, but i don't think this thread was creative to begin with.

Why be rude on tis topic?There is no point to insult or opinionate yourself on whether you think my ideas are original or not. It's purpose wasn't to be original since it is a wish list to what I would like on an already existing platform, and not my ideas for a new game. Tone the message board seriousness down please.

Not in the same way, but they're still implemented. With fortefighter you can carry around multiple fo the same weapon with different PA's linked and be able to swap instantly (FO's have been doing this for a while). And they're two handed weapons not swiss army knives.

Again not a new application of applying PA's but a new application. It would make each weapon more versatile easpecially considering it would free up weapon space, AND allow you to carry weapons with different elements and use the necessary PA in any situation without having to muck-up your pellet. Ease, utility, and convince goes a long way.

As for the deffense, you wrote in your note that they can still get knocked back using bad armor so i don't know how you intend to implement this. Fortefighter already has insane def and it doesn't interupt your PA. Equip tenora armor and hit the level cap and you should see results about even with your post.

Wrong, I said fortefighter could still EVADE in my note so using an armor with the lowest EVADE would be best for people wanting to take the fulles advantage of fortitude... That is a huge difference...

Wartecher can already do that. Techs do SE's and you can make elemental weapons.

Wartechers cannot add SE to melee weapons currently no one can, and a neutral weapon isn't able to gain elemental % after it is made currently... Green weapons are cheap and easy to make, and being able to give a NEUTRAL MADE weapon elemental % and SE is invaluable. The application of techs to a weapon isn't "new" but the application is... Also, you cold still add a PA to the weapon as well...

For GT there already are elemental bullets and they come with SE level 4, plus I don't see the point of equipping techs to guns when they already do those things. (damfoie is a flamethrow)

It was a quick example of how this could work, got tired of explaining, but the extra distance to the spell (bullets go further then techs...) and the increased damage to the Bullet (Noraml bullet damage + Tech damage modified by the players TP) makes it a useful mix, as well as making the animations look cool. Imagine making a flame visit or ice shooter....

Seeing as there aren't that many elemental enemy types in one level i don't see the for four bullets on one gun for fortegunner. And added mobility for two handed weapons? Other than PT they're the only class than can use those weapons. You want them to carry a huge grenade launcher around like a lunch box? And range already increases as bullets are leveled.

different bullets have different status effects, whether the element is well defended against or not the SE could still land, and I didn't say they could dance a jig with a cannon, just move around BETTER. I didn't take it to an extreme, just an upgrade...

Fortetecher can block while evading, and as evasion doesn't knock you across the room, they can stand in one spot and cast techs with out a care. And they have the highest mst in the game so tech attacks affect them the least as it is. I don't think they need to be invulnerable, and using the same element on an enemy already does gimped damage.

You totally misread this part, Fortechers can already cast techs when they ecade, but only when they are in a casting animatin. I basicly said they would cast anytime before, after, or during an evade action, and when mixed with absorbing PP when evading an enemy tech it basically equates to a casting counter attack if timed right. As for the extra elemental defense, it is good since even though a fortetechers mst is High, the hp is generally low... and the part about the enemy casting the tech your immune to probably being immune to its own tech, that was just stating an obvious point, and although this would suck for a rod, the trade off is you gett a higher defense with a elemental rod, but less damage due to element-element damage, but with a wand/mag or wand/handgun or card combo, your defense is lessened but you can attack with an opposed element. Again, more then useful..

Not to be rude to you but maybe it's not that the ideas aren't creative, maybe it's you aren't creative enough to apply new ideas...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-18 16:27 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-18 16:59 ]</font>

biggabertha
Jul 18, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-07-18 15:49, Serephim wrote:

On 2007-07-17 21:36, Josko wrote:
Protranser:

Explodes upon death

LOL is that all your good for

" FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH "

*runs into crowd*

*dies*

*trial clear*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Serephim on 2007-07-18 15:51 ]</font>

Ha ha ha ha! Actual LOL, I laughed so loud and hard that I forgot it was 1am here... x.x

But it does mean that a Protranser really does take one for the team if this happens!

Kion
Jul 18, 2007, 07:20 PM
Sounds like you're convicted to your ideas. I was highligting how they already are evident in the game, rude was your interpretation. like i said, realist.

not to mention...

XDeviousX wrote: if you don't agree or have your own ideas please reply.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-07-18 17:23 ]</font>

XDeviousX
Jul 18, 2007, 07:30 PM
On 2007-07-18 17:20, Kion wrote:
Sounds like you're convicted to your ideas. I was highligting how they already are evident in the game, rude was your interpretation. like i said, realist.

Again, the elements to the ideas are there, and even some of the conventions, but they are definitely new applications and changes, none unique but all using elements already in the game to enhance certain aspects of the game. I wasn't trying to create new ideas, just new applications. The fact you needed to tell me my ideas weren't creative or new is uncalled for. This is just a list of "conventional" desires, any of which could be implemented with little programming effort. You got insulted for being rude to my post in three different replies and I decided to turn your own words around on you.

Also, you are not a realist, you are a nay-sayer. A realist wouldn't find the need to insult or be condescending to someone's ideas, they would point out flaws to ACTUAL Tangible things, this is a discussion on gameplay elements to a fictional world..
Maybe you're not a realist, or even a nay-sayer, but a "Fictionalist"...

Last but not least, You didn't either disagree or make a suggestion of your own, you just tried to belittle my post. Don't say you didn't because you did, it's posted here, and unless you want to edit your posts, they are here for all to see...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: XDeviousX on 2007-07-18 19:41 ]</font>

Shishi-O
Jul 19, 2007, 02:07 PM
photon(synth material) mixing would have been a great idea from the start( that way you could build the highest posible quality weapon for it's class( lets say a nightwalker) made from 10* materials, it's not an s-rank, it's synth success % is much lower than a nightwalker of standard quality.

it would have the atp/pp of a +10 nightwalker...it would be gold/metalic with no photon affinity

with a choice of (experience building)"curse" effects

1) hp drain( starts @ 1%, ends at 3% total enemy hp)

2) pp drain( starts @ 1%, ends at 3% total enemy pp

at the cost of synth success-10 %

PA pp reduction would be 10pp, and even less for completed combos.

also faster than standard grade weapons.

all the out of the norm features would hit the success rate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shishi-O on 2007-07-19 12:16 ]</font>