PDA

View Full Version : 360/PC/PS2:Her Secret Mission Glitch

Nani-chan
Jul 17, 2007, 11:07 PM
I think this only works on a really laggy universe.. (1 or 2)

A character will almost freeze up, and then the 20 samples message will pop up. The first time I saw this glitch occur was around the 2nd sample area.

The 100 mp reward is still given but not the reward money.

Only saw this twice, think it was the same character BradBrady that lagged out, but didn't disconnect. When I asked if one of my three team mates was hacking, they told me this sometime happens from lagging.

Anyone else experience this?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nani-chan on 2007-07-17 21:49 ]</font>

Wallin
Jul 17, 2007, 11:09 PM
This has happened before on PC/PS2 as well. No one knows quite why it happens, whether it's player or server lag - most often one character will report that their game froze for a moment. And the result is as you said, you get the 100 MP, but nothing else.

BloodDragoon
Jul 17, 2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, this is caused when a party member lags to a certain extent in the mission, seemed to always happen around when a sample was picked up so it might be a timing issue too.

Kion
Jul 18, 2007, 12:59 AM
Happened to me. It was great!! One of our members had a 56k connection and on b2 we would spam PA's on the tengoh's making her lag out and collect on the reward.

Hexadecimal
Jul 18, 2007, 01:02 AM
Happened to me once, second sample...

Nai_Calus
Jul 18, 2007, 02:33 AM
Had it twice, both at the beginning of block 3, had an unfinished glitch a couple of times as well. Here's what happened:

Spawned into block 3, lagging as usual, as I have dialup.

My weapon doesn't load for several seconds, and the sample counter displays -1. A couple of seconds later, a message pops up saying that sample 0 has been collected. Yes, 0. A couple of seconds after that, Sample 1, and so forth and so on.

- Both times I got the full glitch I was leader, none of the times I've got partial was I leader. This probably doesn't mean anything, though.
- I've gotten it on Uni 15 and Uni 8, so it merely requires party member lag.
- If it's a partial it simply increases sample count every couple of seconds until it catches up. Full doesn't catch up and simply stops midway with the 'all samples' message.
- Possibly triggered fully by sample collection? i.e., a sample begins the count and another before it catches up finishes?
- It's never happened in a partial party, no matter how badly I'm lagging. Unless we have 10 samples at the beginning of block 3, it doesn't happen.
- I've personally never gotten it elsewhere in the mission, only at the very beginning of block 3.

Odd glitch. Weirded me out the first time I got it(Partial). Confused the hell out of me the first time I got the full-on mission-ending one. XD We were all like... "What?" XD

Can't say I mind it. XP (Especially since being on horrible dialup in the middle of nowhere in the mountains is great for triggering it. XD; My connection is finally good for something!)

Mayu
Jul 18, 2007, 03:15 AM
When I was about to disconnect http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I've had it happen

relentless
Jul 18, 2007, 03:43 AM
Seriously, sounds hot. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif But honestly.. I have never done this mission before. 0.o

Powder Keg
Jul 18, 2007, 10:26 AM
Given that the mission is supposed to end when someone lags out or leaves, the game probably goes on end of the line noticing someone just about disconnected and causes the game to freeze for a second. Dunno how the 100 MP happens though, lol.

Nani-chan
Jul 18, 2007, 04:52 PM
Had this happen with another party. Hilarious glitch.