PDA

View Full Version : I've got a tip for anybody who sells longbows...

Egg99
Jul 18, 2007, 01:26 AM
Your Alterics are not worth 1.5 million fucking meseta.

For those who were able to follow that, I'll take it one step further:

Your grinded Alterics aren't even worth 1.5 million fucking meseta.

I mean for the love of God, I even found some that were priced 10 million and above, and they weren't even +10! Some of them weren't even + anything ffs!

I realize that the PS2 economy went to shit once upon a time. Other people need to realize that this is no longer the case. Having not bought anything from a playershop in well over two months, this little hunt for an Alteric for my FT pretty much sent me over the top. I won't preach to anybody about how overpricing is a sin, as I too did overprice my items during the economy inflation. However, as I said, the broken economy is no longer broken, and I have acknowledged that fact. To all the dipshits that still charge in the millions for something other than an S rank, wake up and get a clue please.

I wasted 15 minutes of my time because of you people, and thank god I actually found a decent soul who had a +4 on sale for 300k. Please take note of this nice man, and idolize his superior shopping prowess.

Either that or GTFO.

Sincerely,

A pissed off customer.

Shou
Jul 18, 2007, 01:30 AM
they might be worth up to 1 mil but the priced is maybe higher than normal because they know people will be grinding with the 3* luck week. wait a week or so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Niloklives
Jul 18, 2007, 01:34 AM
you DO know why alterics are so highly valued, right?

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 18, 2007, 01:45 AM
Ateric Bow +10:
ATP:667
PP:1274

Ulteri Bow +7:
ATP: 661
PP:1462

Ulteri Bow +8:
ATP:673
PP:1504

It's a high jump from an Alteric +10 to a Ulteri +8.

Basically, having a +8 and beyond of an item would mean you pretty much have the next best ranking weapon at +7.02+ . To see an Alteric +10 sell for even as little as 1 million is actually a bargain. I used to see them for 10 million.

Mayu
Jul 18, 2007, 01:58 AM
-_- 1 mill?

Thats cheap

stop complaining <.<, and as dj says It is one of the best bows <.< UNTIL Ulteri +10

I use to see alterics +10 for about 10-30 mill

Zael
Jul 18, 2007, 02:04 AM
At this point, Alteric +10 is really an end-game bow if you think about it.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 18, 2007, 02:20 AM
It's not as bad as people selling 10% Sori-senbas for 500k.

Mayu
Jul 18, 2007, 02:22 AM
oh o.0 that is bad lol <.<

Omega_Weltall
Jul 18, 2007, 02:31 AM
ugh.. i am guilty of the OUTRAGOUS priceing of an Alteric... i see other prices in the 2-4 mill so i have mine at 1.5 mill (i think). I realy dont think its worth 1.5 mill but thats the price. Honestly I beleave its only worth 90k like most other 7stars at NPC shops.

Niloklives
Jul 18, 2007, 03:25 AM
give me your alterics now

seriously, the fact that a lvl 20 protranser can equipthis and will likely NEVER need another bow ever makes it worth 1.5 mil alone.

most classes will never get anything better and they can use it so early in the game, you'd be a fool not to use it if you can. 1.5 mil? if you see an alteric +10 for 1.5 mil, take it. best money ever spent.

the OP just is trying to get the damn thing for dirt cheap, he knows its worth more than that. that bow is beyond good.

relentless
Jul 18, 2007, 03:43 AM
I had an Alteric and grinded it myself to +10. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Morganna
Jul 18, 2007, 05:03 AM
Let me also say...becoming a protranser at level 20 is probably not a good idea unless you are an advanced player, which I am not.

Isabella
Jul 18, 2007, 05:07 AM
I have a +10 alterics :>
Ulteri is huge and ugly...
<3:sheep:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Isabella on 2007-07-18 03:07 ]</font>

ayrista
Jul 18, 2007, 07:19 AM
On 2007-07-18 03:07, Isabella wrote:
I have a +10 alterics :>
Ulteri is huge and ugly...
<3:sheep:

i agree, my alteric +10 is so much more sexy then an Ulteri, and much better.

XanGabriel
Jul 18, 2007, 07:25 AM
I've got a tip for Egg99.

Don't piss and shit if you don't know what you're talking about.

Mystil
Jul 18, 2007, 07:27 AM
On 2007-07-18 03:03, Morganna wrote:
Let me also say...becoming a protranser at level 20 is probably not a good idea unless you are an advanced player, which I am not.

Don't need to be one. Just don't do stuff to make yourself a pincushion. Monsters are dumb(for now). They will target the first player they see. Don't let the first player be you.

TheLOLBandit
Jul 18, 2007, 07:31 AM
On 2007-07-17 23:58, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
-_- 1 mill?

Thats cheap

stop complaining <.<, and as dj says It is one of the best bows <.< UNTIL Ulteri +10

I use to see alterics +10 for about 10-30 mill

O_o... cheap i wish i had 1 mil to blow...
sadly the most money i can retain is 25000...
it just burns a hole in my imaginary gaming pocket so i HVAE to spend it lol

Niloklives
Jul 18, 2007, 08:00 AM
I was a PT at 20 and that alteric was doing 250-300 damage with lvl 2 bullets. its godly

to those saying alteric is better than an ulteri +10:

go check the stats again. Ulteri has more PP more ATP more ATA and better regen. So don't go there. Still an Alteric +10 is a better bow than many will ever get. seriously. if you can get one for 1mil you ripped off the seller

Sekani
Jul 18, 2007, 08:05 AM
On 2007-07-17 23:26, Egg99 wrote:

Your Alterics are not worth 1.5 million fucking meseta.

For those who were able to follow that, I'll take it one step further:

Your grinded Alterics aren't even worth 1.5 million fucking meseta.

You're right. They're actually worth more than that.

Ryo_Hayasa
Jul 18, 2007, 08:08 AM
-takes not to start mass producing Alteri bows and sell them for dirt cheap- Thank you 100 Ranged PM. -gahahahaaha-

But yeah i'm sick of prices being extremely high as well. I barely have 1.5 mil myself still from selling photons (back In the day) I can't buy anything worth anything in player shops because i just don't have another of money still. and i don't exactly have much to sell. -coughs- but hey if anyone wants me to make them some bows for a price....

Kietrinia
Jul 18, 2007, 09:48 AM
What's irritating are the people charging above NPC price. There's a list of NPC prices on this site that everyone online can access.

If you're on the PC, you can use it to look up NPC prices on the site. If you're on a PS2 or XBox, you have an internet connection and thus are extremely likely to have a PC that you can look stuff up with. It's not so hard, really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Akaimizu
Jul 18, 2007, 09:56 AM
Yep. You have to sell competitive with the NPCs first. We're more than 6 months into the game, people are generally not going to pay more than that.

(Remembers the time when for an ungrinded Evil Twin, perhaps only 1-2 store owners at a time, on the 360, actually sold them less than NPC price)

Sekani
Jul 18, 2007, 10:56 AM
On 2007-07-18 07:48, Kietrinia wrote:
What's irritating are the people charging above NPC price. There's a list of NPC prices on this site that everyone online can access.

While I agree with you, Alterics aren't sold by NPCs so that doesn't matter in this case.

McStiggity
Jul 18, 2007, 11:02 AM
Glad I bought one on 360 for 90k, +8 too.

bagleyboy
Jul 18, 2007, 11:37 AM
I got my Alteric +10 for free :3!

Almighty_Envy
Jul 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
On 2007-07-18 09:37, bagleyboy wrote:
I got my Alteric +10 for free :3!

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

so did eye ;3

Gryffin
Jul 18, 2007, 01:28 PM
On 2007-07-18 03:03, Morganna wrote:

Try protranser at 15.

Say goodbye to stats...>.>

Ceresa
Jul 18, 2007, 01:44 PM
Uh...you guys know you can buy the board to make alterics from the shop for like 20k?

And you should have a ton of that kubara wood, unless you just don't pick it up or actually play the game, most kubara products are pretty weak afterall.

Surely crap like upterin/zepotaite? isn't breaking your bank? For 1 million meseta I can produce 20(probably 25-30...) alterics, another couple hundred K in grinders and I will get 2-3 of those to +10. And that's buying everything but the wood for npc price...hell I could drop 400k raising a ranged PM to synth in and still likely turn a profit or break even.

Charging more then 1 million for a 6star bow/rod +10 is absurd, no matter how overpowered it is.

The only time Alteric was ever worth more was before the hikauri board went on sale by npc, which was like the first? second? update lol.

PJ
Jul 18, 2007, 01:51 PM
What the fuck?

Maybe the grinded ones are worth money, but considering how incredibly easy it is to make an Alteric, I don't think the OP is wrong in saying 1.5 mil for an ungrinded Alteric is unfair. It's ridiculous.

Egg99
Jul 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
I'm glad to see at least some people have a brain =/

As Ceresa and PJ pointed out, Alterics are absurdly easy to cook. The only expensive material of an Alteric is Kubara Wood, and even then it's pretty common considering how many hundreds of runs people can do in a week.

I'm sorry to burst people's bubbles, but 1.5 million meseta is not cheap for the vast majority of players. Especially for the ones that don't grind the game for six hours, five days a week.

Congratulations, the bow is user-friendly and has decent stats. That still doesn't change the fact that fifteen shops are selling it for about 6x what it's actually worth. People didn't seem to realize that I said these shops were selling completely ungrinded Alterics for 1 million +, and the one +10 I did see was over ten million meseta. Anyone who says this is "proper" needs to stop living in the economic situation of three months ago. Average players don't have 1.5 million meseta to throw around, especially not on a cheap-to-make six star weapon. I don't care how "godly" it is.

As I said, the only things that should be in the millions, save for some armors and grinded A Ranks, are S Ranks. It's completely absurd.

KveerRaven
Jul 18, 2007, 05:03 PM
I agree with the guy above. Besides, dollar says 90% of the money inflated assholes in the PSU community (still think 1.5mil is REALLY cheap) don't even come on here. Yeah, waste of time buddy.

Neflite
Jul 18, 2007, 05:40 PM
yea I sell my alterics about 300k somtimes just fun synthing them, so i leave the work(fun for some) to grind em up for other to enjoy. If I get them to 10 most times its 1 to 1.2 mil thats about it. I just want a laid back $$$Community im too lazy to price jakk. inflation ftl ; ;

Tita
Jul 18, 2007, 07:05 PM
i would hope that the ridiculously priced alteric +10s reflect all the FAILED grinds.... right?

Niloklives
Jul 18, 2007, 07:48 PM
Alterics ahve only a 50% chance of succes on a pure, take 7 kubara wood which if you don't have any still cost 50k on ps2/pc. so if you figure 14 kubara wood per alteric. that's 700k on one resource. and then not everyone HAS a pure ranged PM. all that considered, 1.5mil is reasonable.

If you don't want to pay that much, go farm the wood and raise the PM yourself.

now if you actually find anything above a +5 for that price you got a good buy, because even with +10s that alteric can break just going to +3 hell i broke 20 alterics trying to get a single +10 that's about 14mil if I bought all my wood (which I didn't) but could you blame me if i HAD and was charging 15 mil for a bow you may never need to replace EVER? x.X Alterics are incredibly powerful, stop griping and go make your own if you don't want to buy one

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-19 18:51 ]</font>

jgar000
Jul 18, 2007, 08:14 PM
the economy in psu is getting to get out of hand they need to go ahead and put everything in the shops because people will still sell stuff like a har/quick for 12 fricking mill

Lamak
Jul 18, 2007, 08:55 PM
Thea Ata on Alterics are fail. Ulteri plox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lamak on 2007-07-18 18:56 ]</font>

BloodDragoon
Jul 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
Ok so I'll just post my +10 Alterics at 25 mil...

Case in point? With any online RPG if you want the best equipment available from player based sales you're going to pay out the ass for it. So what if there is a better bow out there? You have to take into consideration of the approximate lvl that someone can use each weapon due to attribute requirements.

Egg99
Jul 18, 2007, 10:51 PM
On 2007-07-18 17:48, NIloklives wrote:
Alterics ahve only a 50% chance of succes on a pure, take 7 kubara wood which if you don't have any still cost 50k on ps2/pc. so if you figure 14 kubara wood per alteric. that's 700k on one resource. and then not everyone HAS a pure ranged PM. all that considered, 1.5mil is reasonable.

Kubara Wood doesn't cost 50k, it costs 20k. And even then 20k is still absurd, which only furthers my point on people needing to get a friggin clue when it comes to pricing.

Secondly, 14 pieces makes two bows, not one. And even then, the board has 3 bakings. So if you buy two Hikauri boards - which most people do - you're pretty much guaranteed three bows out of the six you'll attempt. So if we really want to go by numbers here, you'll spend 50k on both boards and, assuming you actually buy every piece of Kubara Wood (which you won't), 840k MAXIMUM. That's about 900k worst case scenario, and people are selling single ungrinded ones for damn near double that? How the hell is that justified?

Again, that's worst case scenario. No one's actually going to buy every single piece of Kubara Wood. The point is that the rarity of a +10 is high, and I admit would likely warrant the 1.5 mil price tag. Anything less than a +10 for that amount, however, is ridiculous. And a +10 for 10 times that amount is even more ridiculous.

It's half way through July now people. The vast majority of players don't have retarded amounts of money anymore. People really need to start taking some math lessons and stop wasting other people's time. There's nothing justifiable about giving that sort of price to a bow just because it can grind. Wake up.

APEXi
Jul 18, 2007, 10:56 PM
why dont you just make some, yourself?

mvffin
Jul 19, 2007, 01:54 AM
here's the thing about pricing. IF SOMEONE WILL PAY THAT MUCH ITS OK. what we SHOULD be ranting about is the idiots who pay for these overpriced things, 20k for Kubara Wood? go run 2-3 missions ANYWHERE and you'll have 7. the problem is all the haxeta, people are like OH 4 MIL FOR 11% SORI THATS OK I GOT HAXT MONEYS. where you could actually buy it IN THE STORE for 360k. sega should implement a feature that shows you the NPC price when you are setting something up for sale. I can see why +10 Alterics sell for so much, but ungrinded ones for more than like 400k is fail. also, the best way to deal with the shit economy is to start selling ur shit super high. you can't beat them, so join them. or play the 360 version, where its possible to search the shops for something you want.

SolomonGrundy
Jul 19, 2007, 02:30 AM
I calculated once that it would take about 400K to turn a standard 6* item to a +10, 6* item.

Alterics a kubara, so there is a higher failure rate, so call it 800K. That is what they are worth. I can see a seller wanting to make a profit, but anything over a million is highway robbery.

Fools and thier money are soon parted.

Isabella
Jul 19, 2007, 02:34 AM
not tomention howmany you go through in the process to +10

Raven5_1
Jul 19, 2007, 04:18 AM
a lot of you make me laugh.

i have 1 million mesta on one of my characters and the onlyway i got that is someone gave me a million plus as a sort of aid package

also i started in april, but i spent the month of may in hospital and was bedridden at the start of june

the onlyway to get decent mesta is for me to spam certain missions

1.5 million is an insult to my intelligence. just because some of you have been spamming missions long enough to get the money or have the dredded haxesta to suplement your spending habits does not make it a fair, decent, or acceptable to charge that price for a bow i can buy the board for and synth, (even through i despise synthing) and 10 million is just asking people to bend over and take it up the arse.

well no thank you. i would rather do without the weapon than give those proffiteers the satisfaction of taking my money

bagleyboy
Jul 19, 2007, 05:01 AM
People here make me lol. I argee with you on the ungrinded Alteric, but a +10 alteric...well, trust me, you'll be breaking ALOT of Alterics to get there. And there's the grinders...

Skye-Fox713
Jul 19, 2007, 05:44 AM
Selling anything for over 1 million is absolutly rediculos and ubserd. Only S ranked weps should be selling for that much. Player shops are supose to be the place you can turn to if you can't afford the npc store priceing.

Because Iit's hard for me to imagin someone who's been playing psu sence it was released, to have meseta in the millions. due to the rate one would spend and earn money

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skye-Fox713 on 2007-07-19 04:03 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jul 19, 2007, 07:47 AM
Lets take WoW (World of Warcraft) for example:

1) There is an acutual Mom & Pop shop somewhere in this world (don't remember where) that can be specifically hired, for $200 USD an hour) to farm materials needed to make some of the really amaxing Epic Gear and Weapons. Also, there are people selling the WoW characters for tens of thousands of US dollars (real money)....AND PEOPLE BY THEM! Again, 1.5 mill is cheap, if you can't handle it, I repeat what many have said...go farm the damned items yourself.

Raven5_1
Jul 19, 2007, 08:42 AM
sigh... i give up.

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2007, 09:24 AM
The main people who legitimately earned the millions are the non-casual players (eg. The ones who can afford to spend 5+ hours a day, and are on every day of the week. Ones who can honestly say they put about 25+ hours a week on PSU). It's pretty much impossible for ones who can only devote 3-4 days a week, on nights, to legitimately make a million in less than about 3 months without spending any meseta on stuff.

So basically, the prices cater to the people with a certain requisite of time on their hands. Which leaves the others out of it. So basically, you kind of have to think of it as certain more common items, being *your* rare, knowing it'll take a month or so for you to afford it. For cases like the Bullet PP/Save, I calculated I would need a good 6+ months to afford what they charge for it, legitimately. Now if someone wanted to trade for a PP/Skill Save, then perhaps I wont have to spend yet more time hunting for it. Because hunting for such an item is my only recourse.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-07-19 07:27 ]</font>

Neith
Jul 19, 2007, 11:21 AM
If you're complaining about Alteric prices, synth your own. If you don't have a Ranged PM, I'm sure you could find someone with one- seeing as they're cheap and easy to raise. Otherwise, part with 1mil+.

A couple of million meseta for a grinded Alteric is cheap really, especially compared to what they cost before A-Ranks were grindable. I made the majority of my account's Meseta by synthing Alterics, grinding to 5, and selling on for 1.5-2mil each. Easy profit for me, and it was the best bow available should they want to grind it more.

Again, we're looking at the differences between PS2/PC and X360 economies. 1mil doesn't really go far on PC/PS2. On X360, I don't know what prices are usually like, but I'd expect Alterics to sell for less than PC/PS2, deifnately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-07-19 09:22 ]</font>

Morganna
Jul 19, 2007, 11:29 AM
technically, 1 million meseta is just 100 S ranked HSM C runs.

Mr_Confused
Jul 19, 2007, 11:43 AM
i was looking for a shigga boma last night on the 360 and i actually had to go buy one at the npc because in player shops they were way overpriced

pikachief
Jul 19, 2007, 11:54 AM
my friend sold me his grinded 7 times alteric for 15k and i was liek THANK YOU!

he goes to buy a new one and then comes back..... "uhh can i have my bow back please?"

lol NO! u sold it to me for insanly cheap cuz your meh bestest friend!

Egg99
Jul 19, 2007, 01:04 PM
On 2007-07-19 09:21, UrikoBB3 wrote:
If you're complaining about Alteric prices, synth your own. If you don't have a Ranged PM, I'm sure you could find someone with one- seeing as they're cheap and easy to raise. Otherwise, part with 1mil+.

A couple of million meseta for a grinded Alteric is cheap really, especially compared to what they cost before A-Ranks were grindable. I made the majority of my account's Meseta by synthing Alterics, grinding to 5, and selling on for 1.5-2mil each. Easy profit for me, and it was the best bow available should they want to grind it more.

Again, we're looking at the differences between PS2/PC and X360 economies. 1mil doesn't really go far on PC/PS2. On X360, I don't know what prices are usually like, but I'd expect Alterics to sell for less than PC/PS2, deifnately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-07-19 09:22 ]</font>

This is exactly my point. It's not cheap, you just believe it is because the lopsided economy has let you sell these things at such a high price and dumb fools actually buy them. Which furthers people like you into thinking that 2 million meseta for a +5 Alteric is normal. Which it isn't.

As for you and the many other people telling me to "go synth my own", I already did about a month ago. And I came out with four. You know how much it cost me to do that? 50k for the boards. And I guarantee I could grind one of those four Alterics to +5 for nothing, since I already have about 20 B+10 grinders. But that's not the point, which you and many others fail to see. I don't want to waste my B grinders; I'm saving them for grinding my Arb Hadocs. So I thought, stupid me, that I might actually be able to buy a grinded Alteric for a decent price. Didn't have to be +10, mind you. It didn't even have to be +5. Just any sort of grinded Alteric that didn't have a retarded price tag of one million or more. As I said, I found one from one decent soul for 300k. But I had to go through 15 other shops of 1.5 million dollar price tags before I found it, which is not right.

You're trying to tell me that, should I choose to waste some of my B grinders and grind one of my four Alterics that I cooked to +5, that I would be justified in selling it for 1.5 - 2 million meseta? Even though I spent 50k to make it??

Oh, I forgot, "it grinds well". And "low levels can use it". Obviously that justifies it. (Nevermind the fact that starting low-level players will never even be able to afford the fucking thing in the first place.) There is no logic here. Alterics are obscenely overpriced, and it needs to end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Egg99 on 2007-07-19 11:08 ]</font>

Skye-Fox713
Jul 19, 2007, 04:29 PM
for those that are saying that 1.5 mill. for a 6* kubara bow, I ask you this "how many hours a week do you spend a week playing?"

I mean, the darn bow is only a 6 star item, you can buy the non kubara equivlent in the npc store for 90k and it would probably be better than it's kubara variant.

BloodDragoon
Jul 19, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-07-19 11:04, Egg99 wrote:

On 2007-07-19 09:21, UrikoBB3 wrote:

This is exactly my point. It's not cheap, you just believe it is because the lopsided economy has let you sell these things at such a high price and dumb fools actually buy them. Which furthers people like you into thinking that 2 million meseta for a +5 Alteric is normal. Which it isn't.

As for you and the many other people telling me to "go synth my own", I already did about a month ago. And I came out with four. You know how much it cost me to do that? 50k for the boards. And I guarantee I could grind one of those four Alterics to +5 for nothing, since I already have about 20 B+10 grinders. But that's not the point, which you and many others fail to see. I don't want to waste my B grinders; I'm saving them for grinding my Arb Hadocs. So I thought, stupid me, that I might actually be able to buy a grinded Alteric for a decent price. Didn't have to be +10, mind you. It didn't even have to be +5. Just any sort of grinded Alteric that didn't have a retarded price tag of one million or more. As I said, I found one from one decent soul for 300k. But I had to go through 15 other shops of 1.5 million dollar price tags before I found it, which is not right.

You're trying to tell me that, should I choose to waste some of my B grinders and grind one of my four Alterics that I cooked to +5, that I would be justified in selling it for 1.5 - 2 million meseta? Even though I spent 50k to make it??

Oh, I forgot, "it grinds well". And "low levels can use it". Obviously that justifies it. (Nevermind the fact that starting low-level players will never even be able to afford the fucking thing in the first place.) There is no logic here. Alterics are obscenely overpriced, and it needs to end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Egg99 on 2007-07-19 11:08 ]</font>

Factors you are forgetting when trying to price said item in your head.

1. Kubara variants have horrible success rates. You're probably looking at atleast 1 failure for every success just to make the ungrinded bow.

2. How often the bow breaks while grinding them. This is quite fickle and based almost entirely on luck. That thing could break at +2 or it could break at +9, either way you're SOL because you now have nothing left of it.

3. In some cases (hopefully rare) cases people buy most of the materials from the synth shop because they can't be bothered with trying to shop around for them or farm them.

4. Demand. If it's a good item then alot of people will want it. If alot of people want it then smart business practice says increase the price of said item. You cannot fault people for doing it.

That said. What we seem to have here is that you want to get the absolute best gear possible but you don't think it's right that you have to pay extra for quality yet can't stand it if someone your lvl has better equipment than you. Odds are the majority of people buying +10 alterics have lv 80+ mains and they're lvling an alt and such have an income or supply of funds to buy said item without any problems. The other issue here is you appear to have no grasp at all of how even basic economics works...

Ceresa
Jul 19, 2007, 07:28 PM
1. Kubara variants have horrible success rates. You're probably looking at atleast 1 failure for every success just to make the ungrinded bow.

61% on a pure ranged pm for Alteric, 3:2 is pretty damn nice and forgiving.

2. How often the bow breaks while grinding them. This is quite fickle and based almost entirely on luck. That thing could break at +2 or it could break at +9, either way you're SOL because you now have nothing left of it.

Hence the 1 million pricetag being acceptable for a +10, and why people going for a +10 tend to grind 10+ at a time.

3. In some cases (hopefully rare) cases people buy most of the materials from the synth shop because they can't be bothered with trying to shop around for them or farm them.

B rank materials from the shop is nothing. A single 10minute labs run covers you on mats for 2-3 synths. With HSM it's even easier. If you can't do these missions, you probably shouldn't be trying to synth for profit.

4. Demand. If it's a good item then alot of people will want it. If alot of people want it then smart business practice says increase the price of said item. You cannot fault people for doing it.

So your economics teacher gave you a 50 in your class I guess? Supply is every bit as important, and it's bordering infinity for this item. Sell at an absurd price and people notice and try their hand, then they all undercut each other and your price goes back down, when you could have been moving them quickly at a more reasonable price under the radar.

BloodDragoon
Jul 19, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-07-19 17:28, Ceresa wrote:

So your economics teacher gave you a 50 in your class I guess? Supply is every bit as important, and it's bordering infinity for this item. Sell at an absurd price and people notice and try their hand, then they all undercut each other and your price goes back down, when you could have been moving them quickly at a more reasonable price under the radar.

You seem to be forgetting that when dealing with a player based economy in an online game people will continue to sell and item for an inflated price as long as someone is willing to pay for it. In these cases supply ends up not factoring in much. Most cases with an online RPG a price will not go down regardless of supply abundance unless the demand for said item decreases dramatically.

When I played on PS2 I was one of those people under the radar, (well maybe not I'd pile in 30-60 weapons a day and have them disappear within a few hours.)selling off any weapon made I didn't plan on using. This gave me a consistent cash flow while I sought to upgrade my gear and good synth results would help considerably to reduce losses from getting monomates. However in this case now, you have to look at the player base and give thought to exactly how many people in this playerbase are bright enough to figure this out? Given the fact most people there want instant gratification and as such don't want their cash to come in steadily a bit at a time if they can go for the big sale that will dump it all in their lap at once when it happens?

Niloklives
Jul 19, 2007, 08:54 PM
On 2007-07-18 20:51, Egg99 wrote:

On 2007-07-18 17:48, NIloklives wrote:

Kubara Wood doesn't cost 50k, it costs 20k. And even then 20k is still absurd, which only furthers my point on people needing to get a friggin clue when it comes to pricing.

Secondly, 14 pieces makes two bows, not one. And even then, the board has 3 bakings. So if you buy two Hikauri boards - which most people do - you're pretty much guaranteed three bows out of the six you'll attempt. So if we really want to go by numbers here, you'll spend 50k on both boards and, assuming you actually buy every piece of Kubara Wood (which you won't), 840k MAXIMUM. That's about 900k worst case scenario, and people are selling single ungrinded ones for damn near double that? How the hell is that justified?

Again, that's worst case scenario. No one's actually going to buy every single piece of Kubara Wood. The point is that the rarity of a +10 is high, and I admit would likely warrant the 1.5 mil price tag. Anything less than a +10 for that amount, however, is ridiculous. And a +10 for 10 times that amount is even more ridiculous.

It's half way through July now people. The vast majority of players don't have retarded amounts of money anymore. People really need to start taking some math lessons and stop wasting other people's time. There's nothing justifiable about giving that sort of price to a bow just because it can grind. Wake up.

Did you read? I said 7. but about a 50% success rate. so statistically when you figure how many kubara wood are going into a single bow, while the recipe calls for 7, you may very likely end up using 14

and you fail to understand. your arb haddocs are nice, but even at +10, they're cosmetic compared to an ungrinded death maker. The same CANNOT be said about an Alteric and its ungrinded 9* counterpart. An Alteric +10 has about 80 atp MORE than an ulteri and can equipped so much sooner, it's almost seems like a joke. So even if an Alteric were less expensive to make, the alteric has a higher value because of how long you'll be using it.

Let me reiterate:
An Alteric +10 in all reality is the best bow many gamers will ever have. to pay 1.5 million or even 5 million for a bow you will never need to replace makes it a worthy investment.

If you cannot afford what players are charging, I'm sorry it turned out that way I really am, but ask yourself if it's smart to sell a customer an item they'll only need one of ever in their whole life and will replace all things similar to it that customer could ever want for a dollar when the seller will never see money from that customer again.

Seriously, if burger king found a way to make a single burger that would sustain you for the rest of your life that was inexpensive for them to make and produce, would you really expect to pay the price of a normal burger when buying that one burger means you'll never go hungry again? You'll never go back to burger king or any other place to buy food...EVER...but you expect to pay $3?! -_-;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NIloklives on 2007-07-19 19:16 ]</font>