PDA

View Full Version : Next US Update? EGM cup? And I hate cell phone texting.

Agnostic187
Jul 18, 2007, 05:01 AM
I hate cell phone texting, it really scares me.

But I came up with a solution.

Every time I text on my phone I put a condom over it. You need protection. You should all practice safe text.

When is the next NA update and whats it more than likely going to be?

Also when do we get this EGM Cup around here?

Soukosa
Jul 18, 2007, 05:06 AM
EGM Cup? There is no such thing. There's also like 4 or 5 versions of the magazine wand in the game data. Why is everyone so hell bent on thinking we'll get something by EGM? They just put it in there if they decide to sponsor something and may never see the light of day.

Agnostic187
Jul 18, 2007, 05:11 AM
Well I don't care what its called I just wanna know if theres an estimate of when we get it.

APEXi
Jul 18, 2007, 05:13 AM
does anyone still read US game mags?

EspioKaos
Jul 18, 2007, 01:57 PM
On 2007-07-18 03:06, Sounomi wrote:
EGM Cup? There is no such thing. There's also like 4 or 5 versions of the magazine wand in the game data. Why is everyone so hell bent on thinking we'll get something by EGM? They just put it in there if they decide to sponsor something and may never see the light of day.

Really? All I recall seeing in the weapon BIN files was the Bukra EGM. What other magazine place-holders are there? I guess it doesn't really matter; I'm just curious now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Also, you guys remember how SEGA and 1Up.com had that big deal going where only 1Up.com would have exclusive information on PSU updates (for a few days) before any other place, including the official game site? If that partnership were still going, (don't think it is, as I don't recall seeing anything there on PSU since late last year), I imagine it wouldn't be too far-fetched for 1Up to sponsor something for the game. Of course, as it's been stated before, just as we saw with Firebreak, we don't necessarily need a sponsor for any event.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 18, 2007, 02:03 PM
^ I've always wondered about the relationship between 1up. It stopped abruptly after Christmas.
I was always like ... "Oh ya! 1up might have something about PSU, must see..."

Anyways, they would NEED a name placed on a magazine weapon so they're eventually going to get a sponsor for it. Why? Because it's been in the PSO series for generations. Magazine weapons with sponsored names.

I wouldn't be surprised if EGM or 1up finally comes through with something related.
I would be surprised if they brought over Famitsu's name into the US magazine instead.

Inazuma
Jul 18, 2007, 02:04 PM
On 2007-07-18 03:13, APEXi wrote:

magazines were dead to me when i got the internet. and i used to subscribe to about 5 gaming magazines at once! its the same w/ music cds. rite when my friends told me about mp3s, i stopped buying music cds.

on the subject of the game data, i have only heard about the EGM wand, so i assumed SOA had already made an agreement w/ EGM for the event ahead of time.

Golto
Jul 18, 2007, 02:10 PM
Whatever the event will be called it won't happen until Sept or Oct.

here are those wands

Bukra Famitsu: A mysterious, unidentified object found in a RELICS site. It appears to contain information about ancient games. Not well-suited for combat.
Bukra Dengeki: A mysterious, unidentified object found in a RELICS site. It appears to contain information about ancient games. Not well-suited for combat.
Bukra EGM: A mysterious, unidentified object found in a RELICS site. It appears to contain information about ancient games. Not well-suited for combat.
Bukra Gemaga: A mysterious, unidentified object found in a RELICS site. It appears to contain information about ancient games. Not well-suited for combat.
Bukra LOGIN: A mysterious, unidentified object found in a RELICS site. It appears to contain information about ancient games. Not well-suited for combat.

Retehi
Jul 18, 2007, 02:14 PM
US Firebreak didn't have a sponsor. I doubt we need one for this possible event.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 18, 2007, 02:17 PM
Famitsu, Dengeki, Gemaga and LOGIN are all Japanese gaming mags. So, unless we're getting a JP sponsor, I'd say it's safe to assume we're going with EGM.

Para
Jul 18, 2007, 03:44 PM
Face it, 1up ditched us because of the early bad rep for PSU. However they should've given the game a second chance at firebreak but didn't so I could care less if we get a sponsor or not.

Theoretically it is better to have a sponsor and possibly lower the cost of running the server. In the end it may benefit us long term to get SEGA paid a bit more to bring more events or something to the game and advertise the game a bit more to attract more players.

ThEoRy
Jul 18, 2007, 05:30 PM
APEXi Posted: 2007-07-18 03:13

--------------------------------------

OOh! ooh! I do! I do!!
I have every EGM since like august 1997.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Octagon on 2007-07-18 15:32 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
Jul 18, 2007, 05:40 PM
Our famitsu cup is going to be sposored by ford, And we will get a Ford Explorer SUV for the CAST to use.

Sekani
Jul 18, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-07-18 15:30, Octagon wrote:
OOh! ooh! I do! I do!!
I have every EGM since like august 1997.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

For extra credit, check issue 169, page 20. That's my picture in the lower left corner.

landman
Jul 18, 2007, 09:26 PM
I am a little stressed from firebreak and the prices, I hope we have some weeks of rest before the next event http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifU

VanHalen
Jul 18, 2007, 09:31 PM
On 2007-07-18 15:40, chuck_norris wrote:
Our famitsu cup is going to be sposored by ford, And we will get a Ford Explorer SUV for the CAST to use.

YES! *makes a CAST character*

Wallin
Jul 18, 2007, 09:32 PM
Ewww, American cars FTL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Jul 18, 2007, 10:12 PM
Aren't Ford cars manufactured overseas anyway D:

Libram
Jul 18, 2007, 11:57 PM
I thought most everything was manufactured overseas.