PDA

View Full Version : Seems the "rebalancing" has made NPC's...

Tigerram
Jul 18, 2007, 02:16 PM
Even more stupid than before. So, I was using my lvl 48 FT in Moatoob, Desert Goliath B, right? Leo was pretty much my favorite to use in any mission when I solo mostly, along with my PM since Leo was always the most aggressive. So here we are in the middle of Drua Gohras, and about 4 Vandas, and as I'm healing myself and NPCs, I notice that Leo is just standing there with the thumb up his ass, right in the middle of this monster group, and he's getting pummeled with the Gohra's fireballs and the Vanda's fire breath. So it's like Leo went from "front lines" attacker to "near partner" type of phase, and that sucks royally.

Not to mention, later on in the area, he goes Beast and..................stands there again >.> I even walked in and out, near, through the enemies, and at times, he'll attack like he was always good for, but in the middle of all that fire pounding, he did nothing,,,,didly squat. Then it's like he says, "oh yeah, enemies; rawr!" and starts attacking.

So yeah, a slight rant, but I'm disappointed in losing Leo's aggresiveness lately. I didn't just try this out in this one mission either, it was several. Anyone else notice our NPC gimping now? I notice Laia though has gotten a little better, but she tends to do her strafing backwards every so often. Haven't tried out the other NPC's such as Lou or Maya yet. Anyhow, sorry if this sounded corny, but I'd just thought this should be brought out to you folks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Packrat
Jul 18, 2007, 02:22 PM
That's weird, on the other hand I've found npcs to be far more aggressive and even using their nanoblasts or SUVs more often o_o..

Nia
Jul 18, 2007, 02:23 PM
I dont know.... I mean my PM seems to use her resta a bit more effectively now but I cant comment on Leo

chibiLegolas
Jul 18, 2007, 02:28 PM
When using my human alt lately, I've been using that human male NPC along on rare hunts and he seems to heal frequently whenever he's close to yellow. Has that always been normal? My PM would also occationally as well (432), but no where near as often. More aggressive? Not my PM at least....

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 18, 2007, 02:31 PM
Though NPCs seems more dumb, but the PMs have been more helpful than before.

EspioKaos
Jul 18, 2007, 02:32 PM
I haven't noticed too much of a difference with Leo, to be honest. He has his moments where he kind of forgets to attack while using his nanoblast, but for the most part he's been pretty good from my experiences. One change I can state, however, is that Leo likes to heal now. A lot. Almost any mission I take him on, he'll pull out a wand when his HP dips below a certain point and cast Resta over and over again until his HP is up to a decent amount.

eightball
Jul 18, 2007, 02:34 PM
IMO the NPC's have always sucked..the only ones worth half a damn are the PM's...although they still tend to die easily but do good damage...and doesn't matter for pc anymore if they die

Inazuma
Jul 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
yea its great being able to use npcs now. who cares if they suck. they can be very helpful sometimes and you dont need to pay em any attention. i like to use tonio and my pm

Retehi
Jul 18, 2007, 02:37 PM
Laia seems to use her wand more often now.

Still pretty useless as usual though.

Tigerram
Jul 18, 2007, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I did notice they do heal a lot more, and that's perfectly fine http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Maybe it was just a bad night with Leo, I forgot to mention I'm not going to ditch him, I love using Leo, but man....last night he was just terrbile, lol.

panzer_unit
Jul 18, 2007, 02:44 PM
All I ever used NPC's for was bodyshields. I notice my PM killing stuff... sometimes... and she's infinitely more aggressive and powerful than all the NPC's I tried. More often I notice that she just hit the Bil I'm fighting with Bogga Zubba. I like to call it Operation: Partywipe

Zero-mx
Jul 18, 2007, 02:58 PM
Running Eastern Peril S with Laia and PM in tow, they seem to be about the same as before.
Laia never heals and attacks once per three minutes and my PM heals Laia because she's too stupid to.

Akaimizu
Jul 18, 2007, 03:05 PM
Right now, the 360 hasn't seen the penalty go so NPCs are still quite the liability in certain missions. You're on a fortunate run if they survive even Mad Creatures S2, and in this current case, you still lose rank from it, if that matters to you. They're still just as silly in the head.

Aka
Jul 18, 2007, 03:48 PM
It feels the opposite to me D:

My 452 seems to heal me a lot lot less now, but Leo seems to be more aggressive.

Cz
Jul 18, 2007, 05:06 PM
i only use the NPCs as my shield...and they do a good job shielding me from incoming projectiles. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif