PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360 Plea to the community

WOOD7770
Jul 19, 2007, 01:11 AM
I just have to throw this out for discussion... Can everyone who uses their shop as a storage take the time to giftwrap your stacks of synth ingredients insted of putting them up for sale at all 9s or above NPC???
In case you are completely clueless, heres what to do:
1: Approach your desktop (next to your PM)
2: Highlight the console and press the A button (green skittle).
3: Highlight the "Switch items for sale" tab.
4: Green skittle again
5: Select your 5th column in your shops inventory and highlight any popular synth items that you have up for more than NPC price. ie. Vulcaline at 10k
6: Green skittle
7: Select the put in storage and you guessed it, green skittle!
8: Scroll down the total amount you have for sale and put them into storage... ALL OF THEM!
9: Approach your PM cautiosly from the left side
10: Remove the items from your storage following the above proceedure.
11: Approach the door to your room and transport yourself to the NPC vendor of your choice. (I prefer the GRM becuse it is only a few steps to the right once inside, and the crystal back home is just out the door)
12: Select the salesman and highlight the "Gift wrap" option. Again the green skittle is working overtime.
13: Highlight the 99 Neu Ebon or Nanoresin or El-Photons or whatever you have. Select and scroll down all 99!
14: Congrats! Now you can return to your room and store that present in your 3rd column back in you PM!
15: Wash, rinse, and repeat as necessary.
16: Now when you need them, remove the present from storage and select the "open" option. Pow.. the materials are now right there ready to use in good shape.

Seriuously everyone, you are clogging up the stores selling items with your "storage stores" You can store thousands of the same item in this way. Like most of you, I rarely shop for materials any more because the 20 mins I spend to find the 1 person actually selling the item I want could have more than been made up by running a mission instead.
This way it keeps the money in the game and lowers the cost of production, therefore lowering prices for everyone! If you think this brings you more foot traffic, count me out. I have all but memorized the repeat offnders and dont ever bother to set foot in your stores.

NPC pricing is a topic for yet another post but Geeez! 30000 for Mot Ebon? Uh.. Whats NPC?

Inazuma
Jul 19, 2007, 01:32 AM
great advice. ppl who price items over npc are selfish pricks who ruin player shops for everyone. however, this problem isnt gonna go away until ST fixes it themselves. there will always be selfish players out there. ST either needs to simply make it impossible to price an item over npc. or give players some kind of shop block ability, so it never shows up in the list again. and why the hell do locked shops show up? that just doesnt make sense. all these nice updates coming to AOI, and not a single word about the player shops.

beatrixkiddo
Jul 19, 2007, 01:41 AM
I don't get what people need storage shops for anyway. What, are you holding on to those Aporaline hoping you'll someday actually USE them? I doubt it. And if it's truly for storage, why are the only items I usually find in "Storage Shops" photons and other commonly-searched items?

majan
Jul 19, 2007, 01:45 AM
an awesome idea,but too much to ask from the lazy greedy pieces of crapsauce that share our hobby with us.

I'm surprised this wasn't moved to another thread tagged as whining and bitchin and etc. like many of my similar threads had been.oh well though,spread the word around.maybe we can make a dent in the retardation level of psu360.

Chadmonster
Jul 19, 2007, 02:05 AM
I just do it 'cause it's much easier than running to the market a few times, wrapping up your stacks of whatever you have. I really don't mind seeing storage stores, as long as they mention it in the ad.

If it really bothers you guys, I guess I can work on it.

Also, I've seen some "storage" shops with stuff you probably shouldn't be putting up for storage in a shop. Stuff like weapons, armor, and low quantity stacks of items (id est, 1 or 2 of an item, not 99).

Syl
Jul 19, 2007, 03:01 AM
Sega needs to implement some sort of filter system to the shop search. Using categories like price under (amount), {B} or synthed, and etc. and just make shopping that much easier seeing as how sometimes those good shops get thrown off the list by these storage ones...

Isabella
Jul 19, 2007, 03:05 AM
On 2007-07-19 01:01, WatchThemFeed wrote:
Sega needs to implement some sort of filter system to the shop search. Using categories like price under (amount), {B} or synthed, and etc. PRICE RANGE and just make shopping that much easier seeing as how sometimes those good shops get thrown off the list by these storage ones...

>> <3 Cajerito

drizzle
Jul 19, 2007, 03:07 AM
Simply sorting items by price would go a long way here. Hope we see something like that soon http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Mystil
Jul 19, 2007, 05:41 AM
Make new shop, don't put nothing in the ad, and there you go. Storage Shop that don't show up in the list unless they know your shop name, and/or item that is in your shop.

amtalx
Jul 19, 2007, 06:34 AM
Most of this can be avoided by reading the descriptions before going into a shop. If there is nothing in their shop sig or it says "Storage" its probably best avoided.

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2007, 06:48 AM
Thankfully with the expansion we'll see an increase in the number of items we can store in our rooms. (I can't remember at the moment if this means an increase in how much our common boxes can hold or how much our PMs can hold; it might actually mean both.) This might help a little with this shops-as-storage problem. However, with all of the new items that will be made available... maybe not. We could just end up with stacks of Chronoseline and Ortaceran instead of Junaline and Ortasilica. >_<

APEXi
Jul 19, 2007, 06:51 AM
good idea, doing this next time i log in

APEXi
Jul 19, 2007, 06:52 AM
On 2007-07-19 04:51, APEXi wrote:
good idea, doing this next time i log in

aww but then that means i'd have to remember what the hell was in said presents, since its not like you can label them..

DLShAdOw
Jul 19, 2007, 07:13 AM
yum...Skittles.

But anyways, the only problem with your idea is that people are too lazy to do it :/

Agnostic187
Jul 19, 2007, 07:18 AM
People do it on purpose, not for any type of storage. Why? Because people have no lives and/or girlfriends and nothing better to do but sit on a video game all day being dee dee dee thinking they are causing the world great harm by putting everything above NPC prices.

Reminds me of that South Park episode.

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2007, 07:19 AM
On 2007-07-19 04:52, APEXi wrote:
aww but then that means i'd have to remember what the hell was in said presents, since its not like you can label them..

Actually, when you highlight a present that you wrapped, the contents will be shown in the info box.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 19, 2007, 07:21 AM
Not only do those people ruin the player shops, but the people who put 1 Chicotite or 1 Vulcaline in their shop for 99999999 so that they show up in most of the shop item searches...

I think us gunners got hit pretty bad with the 99999999 synth item junk...

Xtian913
Jul 19, 2007, 07:29 AM
I would love it if we could see the prices & just buy stuff directly from the Search window. Having to travel to all the different shops only to see everything at 999999 is extremely frustrating sometimes.

Zexmaix
Jul 19, 2007, 08:25 AM
As WatchThemFeed stated, all Sega needs to do is put in some kind of sorting system, or better yet, when you search by item, have it show all the users shops along WITH the price each shop is selling said item for. But yea, having a little check box system or something for searching by price, board or non-board, star rank, etc. would be extremely useful. Shop descriptions just aren't cutting it.

jayster
Jul 19, 2007, 11:09 AM
I use my shop as a storage for some items and I'm not planning on changing that. I can keep my items there and attract some business at the same time. If it bothers you to run into storage shops then do what I do and farm the materials or items you want.

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2007, 11:17 AM
For people with less time on their hands, farming a good many of the items is out of the question. They *must* search shops, for some items they need. A system of better sorting would help them out greatly.

Miyuki
Jul 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
Another solution is just to make an alt w/ or w/o a store and use them for storage. I have a 2nd shop on my alt, but keep that store locked. I know it 15000 mes for a shop ticket, but hey, it's also extra storage.

pikachief
Jul 19, 2007, 11:51 AM
yea i doubt that thier out of space on all 4 chaacter's storages and tier common box! and if they dont use all 4 characters use the ones u dont use's inventory as storage too!

WOOD7770
Jul 19, 2007, 12:14 PM
On 2007-07-19 09:42, Miyuki wrote:
Another solution is just to make an alt w/ or w/o a store and use them for storage. I have a 2nd shop on my alt, but keep that store locked. I know it 15000 mes for a shop ticket, but hey, it's also extra storage.

The problem is... when you put something up for sale, it appears in the list of stores that are selling that item. There is a limited number of stores that will appear on the sellers list. If you take a common item like a Di-photon for example, there my be somone selling them for 200 but since there are so many prople the buyers may not ever see your store appear in the search window. The list does update every 8 hours I think but it can also do with activity like synthing items seams to work.
I loved the idea of farming the ingredients!
not to be to harsh but, get a clue moron! Obviously you have never made anything on a large scale or any 9* armor for that matter. Try starting up 3 A rank armors at once. If I farmed all of the materials before I started anything, it would take months to clear all 9 attempts. Therefore, no armor for the public. Yes there are boards out there that require 40 resins and 35 vulcaline. Have you acquired 315 vulcaline since you started playing this game? I doubt it.
Do us all a favor and think out loud to yourself before posting here. This also brings to mind the average party out there that wont pick up Chicotite, or vestaline. "I don't want that crap" is always their complaint. Were do you think that Phantom rifle or Hiragi-senba you are wearing came from? If you dont want it, sell it you noobs! Hopefully to me on the spot so I dont even have to search for it later.

Miyuki
Jul 19, 2007, 01:02 PM
Look here... that's just one option and an attempt at a solution. No need to get bent out of shape.

[/quote]

Do us all a favor and think out loud to yourself before posting here.

[/quote]

You're coming into a forum and telling the PSU community that you don't like what they're doing and want them to change to suit essentially your needs. Good luck with that.

Zexmaix
Jul 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
Better Solution:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=38588

While I have been told that it's been stated over and over again there, but hey, the more Sega knows about it, the more likely they are to do something about it.

omegapirate2k
Jul 19, 2007, 04:35 PM
Indeed, presents are the way to go, everything in my shop I intend to sell, so I always put it under npc prices.

jgar000
Jul 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
i never fill up my storage,so i dont understand how every 1 else has problems in filling it up.

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-07-19 17:01, jgar000 wrote:
i never fill up my storage,so i dont understand how every 1 else has problems in filling it up.

You only joined the forums yesterday, when did you actually start playing the game?

BanF
Jul 19, 2007, 07:08 PM
I think it's enough if they just put on their shop ad that it's a storage. Then again, I never understand why you'd need that much storage.

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 07:12 PM
The problem with storage is that you're limited to one stack of an item - for example, 99 Ban Photons is all you can put in storage. But you can put as many stacks as you want in your shop.

WOOD7770
Jul 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-07-19 17:12, Wallin wrote:
The problem with storage is that you're limited to one stack of an item - for example, 99 Ban Photons is all you can put in storage. But you can put as many stacks as you want in your shop.

Hence the original post! Actually read and you might figure this out. Long story short, 99 vestaline = 1 present. 3 presents = 297 vestaline. Got it?

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-07-19 17:44, WOOD7770 wrote: Hence the original post! Actually read and you might figure this out. Long story short, 99 vestaline = 1 present. 3 presents = 297 vestaline. Got it?

Had you read the replies on page 2 you would've realize you're talking to the wrong guy, -_- I'm telling the people on the last page who don't seem to understand why you need to store items in the shop at all, but thank you for jumping all over my back anyway. Sheesh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-07-19 18:00 ]</font>

KidoKresh
Jul 19, 2007, 08:20 PM
Can you do that or just lock your room cuz if nothing is for sale y have your room open... You can just tell a friend the password if you want to have em over.

MayLee
Jul 19, 2007, 08:57 PM
I do that already. and split them amongst 4 characters.

Revolt2origin
Jul 19, 2007, 10:53 PM
I'm a pack rat and I've been playing since soon after PSU was released. And in all that time, I've never had to used a shop as storage.

If I have 99 Ray-photons in storage and I collect 6. I take out 93 (so I have 99), I gift wrap 99 and place them into my PM's storage. If I start filling up with presents, I'll put some of them into my common box, log into another character and place the presents into their PM's storage.

Really the only way you will run out of room is if you never synthesise things/sell things or you collect a lot of garbage like Poison Truffles.

If I start overflowing with items I can't gift wrap though, such as Scape Dolls. Then I'll put the max amount in storage of my four characters and put the rest for sale (in my one and only shop)(under NPC price, but not necessarily dirt cheap) My (X360) shop's name starts with J and ends with O ^_^).

Sure it's a bit of work, but it's what considerate people do. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif