PDA

View Full Version : Who else thinks Holy Light week was a total waste?

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 02:22 AM
7 days of Holy Light, I never saw a single rare spawn. Kind of a huge letdown. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Complex_Jao
Jul 19, 2007, 02:32 AM
i got a lot of good things from it and its not all about the monsters plus it was ez to grind

Aralia
Jul 19, 2007, 02:36 AM
no S rank boards, no rare spawns, nothing extra special...

Though I did get over 120 more PA frags... guess it wasn't a total waste... oh wait.. >.>

Only char of mine who doesn't have ult PA's is the one that doesn't -need- them. =.=
Got all the ult pa's spread across my other 3 chars. (the ones I want anyway)

Wallin
Jul 19, 2007, 02:45 AM
I thought that you could put them in the common box though, or at least the skill disc. I thought it just couldn't leave the account.

ShadowDragon28
Jul 19, 2007, 02:47 AM
I got really sick on Fri and didn't feel better until Tues. Due to that, college classes, and a final projects I've barely been able to be awake for long enough to take advantage of the week of Super Holylight.

I've found 1 kubara wood, some ray and gra photons while trying to get the rare Hive map to see if I can get Darbelans, praying that one drops a Blackheart. No luck so far. And some weapons I tried to synth all came out with only 10% fire. 3 x in row. wtf.. -__- Holylight luck and synthing need some improvement.... >:-<

Retehi
Jul 19, 2007, 02:49 AM
I found a huge stack of nothings, to go with my amazing [B] Scape Doll.

Sio
Jul 19, 2007, 02:52 AM
Materials, yay to getting so many 10*+ material now I can synth all those S rank boards that drop like candy -.-. Honestly the only luck I have seen is how constant that kersline drops lol

XReikaX
Jul 19, 2007, 02:53 AM
Im trying to get to lvl 65 so I can hunt Deva Zashi...>.> Sure I wont get it during this luck week though XD

Aka
Jul 19, 2007, 03:07 AM
Dunno what you guys are talking about. I've seen hundreds of 10*+ mats and several S rank boards drop, including 2 headed ragnus and Svaltus Sword.

You guys didn't play enough http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Or wait, maybe I played too much >.>

drizzle
Jul 19, 2007, 03:10 AM
I got lots of nice little things this week. No stacks of S rank boards but hey I'm not complaining http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Jul 19, 2007, 03:26 AM
Holy Light eh? Just broke three B-rank weapons in a row, grinding with +8 Grinders, with "Very High" chance of success.

Mayu
Jul 19, 2007, 03:28 AM
storm line [b] X200000

10-12 Star mats X 500000

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zorafim
Jul 19, 2007, 03:29 AM
Two Skela boards, and all my palette grinded to +2. I think I got enough from this update.

Dj_SkyEpic
Jul 19, 2007, 03:29 AM
I broke my Storm Line and really have not benefited from Holy Light except made this cool sig.

Welp... Back to hunting ... =(

APEXi
Jul 19, 2007, 06:33 AM
i got 2 levels. thought about trying pc for a month, dusting off the ol characters

Allison_W
Jul 19, 2007, 06:37 AM
Got me a [B] Tengoh Bow on Demons Above S and a bunch of rare mats on Rainbow Beast S2.

amtalx
Jul 19, 2007, 06:38 AM
I have a lot on synth materials, which isn't all bad. Of course, the ONLY F-ING THING I WANT is nowhere to be found.

Rayokarna
Jul 19, 2007, 06:40 AM
I personally found holy light week sweet. All those 10-12 Star mats found for the weapons I was going to make. Plus a Relic Edge before I go DCed. Im happy.

Mystil
Jul 19, 2007, 06:41 AM
A waste? I have so many 10* synth items now it's funny.

darthplagis
Jul 19, 2007, 06:43 AM
all i got was a crea saber from mad ceatures S, some vesta vulca line, 1 goldania.

oh and about 100k of broken B rank weapons and the same for A rank, DAMN YOU RYO-CREASABRA

and i made a few cool friends too.

Esufer
Jul 19, 2007, 06:53 AM
Holy Light week was crap.

I spent the whole time in Valkurm Dunes, swinging at Sea Pugils, and missing.

ZeroVer01
Jul 19, 2007, 07:01 AM
Haven't had too much time to play personally, but I have gotten a good number of grinders and and 10*+ synth mats. Also, too many 7-9* mats.

No sranks, but I still enjoyed the week. I just wished I could of played more.

RedMussel
Jul 19, 2007, 07:02 AM
The only goods rares i seen drop was a raygun, evil twins, and my [B] 2-Headed Ragnus http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xtian913
Jul 19, 2007, 07:25 AM
I wouldn't say a 100% waste, seeing as how I did get a [ B ] Heavy Twins, not sure how rare that it is though... and the damn PM only made one out of the three attempts. But hey, better than nothing I guess...

On 2007-07-19 01:29, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
..except made this cool sig.

That is a pretty damn fine sig, DJ. Me like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xtian913 on 2007-07-19 05:25 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Jul 19, 2007, 07:51 AM
I saw Giga / Bullet Save and Meteor Cannon boards drop. Didn't get any of 'em.

Most of my A-ranks are +3 to +5, I'm not grinding 'em any more because I don't want to go to the trouble of replacing failures. Been working on a colleciton of +10 Gigushes tho.

KveerRaven
Jul 19, 2007, 08:00 AM
Got loads of stuff! Maybe it wasn't found by me necessarily, but by my friends who either lent me the stuff or gave it me. See? It was a Win Win situation. I like those odds...

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 19, 2007, 08:00 AM
I've gotten rappies four times, and Orgdus once. I also found

[B] 2 - Headed Ragnus
[B] Vahra Claw
Evil Twins
Raygun
29% Ice Rapier

DaRkWoLf30
Jul 19, 2007, 08:10 AM
Hmmm all i got rare was was synth mats >>

Dragon_Knight
Jul 19, 2007, 08:19 AM
Other then metal materials, some gemstones and a grenna bete S statue....nothing really...It wasn't a total failure....just mostly one. No rare weapons or board....again....I havn't been able to get any weapons past grind 7 this week....I went through at least 5 mechguns for my fg.

Tafkar
Jul 19, 2007, 08:20 AM
[B] Crea Doubles, [B] Meteor Cannon, [B] Stormline, [B] Cati Senba, [B] Baji Senba, [B] Kohota Senba, 3x Rapier, 2x Raygun, Countless 10-12* Mats, approx 40 Kubara Wood.... STILL no UNITS THOUGH!! ARRGGGHHHHH!

....so not too bad. (Normal week really!) lol

Lamak
Jul 19, 2007, 10:04 AM
[B] Vahra Claw
And alot of mats. ALOT
On another note bought a Michi-Senba board for 4m and went 3/3. I'm happy.

NOVA79
Jul 19, 2007, 10:07 AM
I got the ring of death on July 5th and have been without my 360 since....now they're saying 4-6 weeks before I'll be up and running again.

So needless to say, I totally missed this event. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2007, 10:26 AM
I say I got materials, so I can't complain much. Of course, the added luck made sure I saw a lot more [B] Monomates drop.

Like I said before. High Level Monsters are getting gipped.

JAFO22000
Jul 19, 2007, 10:28 AM
So, I suppose this puts the "Luck affects rare spawns" argument to rest, right?? EVERYONE had 3* luck for a week, yet the rare spawns frequency did NOT increase.

amtalx
Jul 19, 2007, 10:32 AM
On 2007-07-19 08:28, JAFO22000 wrote:
So, I suppose this puts the "Luck affects rare spawns" argument to rest, right?? EVERYONE had 3* luck for a week, yet the rare spawns frequency did NOT increase.

I've only see Jaggos once before the luck week. I saw them TWICE last night. That's like a 1337% increase!

/lies

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
Though I haven't seen any rare enemy spawns or gotten any weapons or weapon boards aside from a [B] Jitseen, I have collected a decent amount of high-ranking synth materials. It's something, at least, right?

JAFO22000
Jul 19, 2007, 10:37 AM
On 2007-07-19 08:32, amtalx wrote:

I've only see Jaggos once before the luck week. I saw them TWICE last night. That's like a 1337% increase!

/lies

Tee hee! And since this happened to YOU, it MUST be the same for everyone else on all versions of the game.

chibiLegolas
Jul 19, 2007, 10:45 AM
This week was good for grinding weapons for me tho.
Less stress on moving tons of weapons around 'n stuff. All I had to worry about is moving grinders.
Makes the game that much bit more tolerable. Till I break 20+ wands that is....

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2007, 10:52 AM
True. I was able to make a couple of nice powerful claws for Mufonna.

EspioKaos
Jul 19, 2007, 11:09 AM
Oh, yeah! I forgot about that. I did some weapon grinding, too. But, I was way too afraid to go past any grinds that were not 100% guaranteed. I didn't want to break anything, especially my Frying Pan, Howrod or Majimra. I've had one too many experiences of destroying a weapon when the "chances of success seem very high." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mr_Confused
Jul 19, 2007, 11:15 AM
i leveled up a bunch of bullets on my protranser
oh and i synthed a new ank tomho to replace my old one that got scammed

Sha Sha
Jul 19, 2007, 11:23 AM
I never got into it >< Im so burnt out from PSU lately i couldnt get back into it for hte luck week ><

gundam0079
Jul 19, 2007, 11:58 AM
ive seen a few 10-12* mats drop but i got a 2 headed ragnus, while looking for cati power

pikachief
Jul 19, 2007, 12:02 PM
my friend got a skela and crea double board,another person i met got a fuka misaki and catiline and cati / power or whatever.

i know alot of people who got two-headed ragnus boards!

i think it was a waste cuz i didnt play this whole week and i decided to play wednessday and thursday but im busy and can't! >:{

KTani
Jul 19, 2007, 12:09 PM

Yes, and at least in my mind it also puts to rest the idea that luck only raises drop frequency and has no effect on rarity. Enemies have definitely not dropped stuff more frequently for me, it's still maybe one item from every four or five enemies as always. I have, however, gotten more red boxes. I had never seen Junaline, Rubinad, or Merculine drop before this week http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And I didn't get anything especially interesting btw. Just the above mentioned synth mats that I can't use and seem to be unable to sell in my shop -.- I did get a few Vestaline and Kerseline though, which I can use.

Reipard
Jul 19, 2007, 12:18 PM
Ground up a few weapons and got me Frying Pan to +3.

I'm quite happy with 3* Luck week.

360NyTeMaRe
Jul 19, 2007, 12:35 PM

Yes it did, because I never get ANYTHING normally. Nothing good even DROPS in parties I'm in. I soloed and got a whole bunch of good stuff and an S rank board, without the combined luck of multiple players.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: 360NyTeMaRe on 2007-07-19 10:47 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Jul 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
didnt see a single board drop and got a whole lot of kerseline and vestaline. my luck weeek sucked something fierce

willym
Jul 19, 2007, 12:44 PM
A whole lotta Kerseline and Olpad (giggle) here.
The best thing to drop for my group was a Svaltus Edge. Did I spell that right?

XDeviousX
Jul 19, 2007, 12:47 PM
I saw 3 solid Powers drop, I got none! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I did get a crap load of synth stuff, more then normal, not enough to sing the praises of ST crappy 3 star luck week. If anything I hated it because most of the best stuff I find is with zero luck... (and being a Beast male I get zero luck a lot...)

Ryoki
Jul 19, 2007, 01:17 PM
I was hunting ragnus, but didn't find it. But still, I got kickass mats, plus I needed more kubara wood and copernia.

Para
Jul 19, 2007, 01:22 PM
I got absolutely nothing except 3 * the amount of synth mats that I usually get which is still crap lol

Umberger
Jul 19, 2007, 02:05 PM
I ran Sleeping Warriors S2 until I had 99 Gra-Photons in my inventory, 50 Vestaline, 48 Vulcaline, ~30 Nanopolymer...and not even one S rank board. Bleh.

Well, I guess I can sell them to make a little bit of money.

Koritsu
Jul 19, 2007, 02:58 PM
My 360 decided to quit on me after the first 2 days of luck.

Irony lix...

pionear
Jul 19, 2007, 03:26 PM
Pros:

Alot of 10-12* Mats
Got all my Parum/GRM weapons grinded to 3-5
Seen rare creatures once (Orgus/Rappy; only dropped feathers/goldania)

Cons:

Didn't see any S Ranks drop (yet)
One Delette Line drop (went to someone else)
Not enough $$$ for the new missions
Broke two Yohmei weapons on the third grind (one was a 35% Single Claw!)

One more day/night left, so I'll update it afterwards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pionear on 2007-07-19 13:27 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Jul 19, 2007, 03:45 PM
Haven't really been hunting at all. Pretty much been leveling job classes over on the neudaiz mission. Would've been better for me if the Holy Light week came weeks or a month after.

Vyslain
Jul 19, 2007, 04:07 PM
Pros:
After roughly 40 hours of HIVE spawncharting, ONE Darbelan map rofl, Didn't drop shit.

Cons:
Broke my +6 Doublesabic
Broke another Doublesabic I made that had 22% light
Broke a whole lot of other shit
Almost got a Crea Doubles board but lagged before I could get it. Damn PS2.

Yeah... Wasted. >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vyslain on 2007-07-19 16:00 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Jul 19, 2007, 04:10 PM
I haven't even been on this past week, so I don't know. Too busy playing Pokemon Diamond and watching Anime.

WolfBlade
Jul 19, 2007, 07:13 PM
its good for me, 2 headed snake metoer cannon, SW rare spawn

Shiro_Ryuu
Jul 19, 2007, 07:21 PM
Yeah. I saw a Svaltus Sword board drop, but it went to the wrong person [as in, not me]. Other than that, I got a [b] Storm Line, and I hope it succeeds, but yeah, I have this one day left and I hope I can make the best of it. If not, I just have to either hope that we get something similar to Famitsu or just forget about S ranks.

Sasamichan
Jul 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
All the Firebreak rewards were weak.

Mystil
Jul 19, 2007, 08:16 PM
Now except for the 3 luck thing, I can agree with that. But we did it though, we accomplished what I thought couldn't be accomplished..

FUFME
Jul 19, 2007, 08:40 PM
On 2007-07-19 01:29, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:
I broke my Storm Line and really have not benefited from Holy Light except made this cool sig.

Welp... Back to hunting ... =(

I found squat too, no board either.

Regardless of any kind of luck, Ive got to say Rappy hunting at Relics is the only way to find good stuff.

Your constantly killing random large groups of monsters and are bound to get something. Too bad I was not Rappy Hunting earlier, but no biggie

If I get the B-1 Spawn, I will kill sets of Bardia and quit till I get B-X Spawn Pattern.

I dont stop at B2 if there arent Badira x3 at bottom of stairs. I usually fight my way to those 4 boxes to get a chance of Nanopolymer dropping. Found a bunch there.

Im debating on weather to just finish all of B2 if no Bardia x3 at bottom of stairs and just keep hunting till I find Rappy/Rare Map

MayLee
Jul 19, 2007, 08:44 PM
We got didly squat! I beleive there is something strage about this luck.

We did get a couple Rem Mizakis and a Stormline also one Catiline. but I beleive that's still going to be common after the luck is over.

PALRAPPYS
Jul 19, 2007, 08:57 PM
I found more crap.

The only really good thing I got this week was helping my brother get a Fuka-Misaki by purchase. It actually looks pretty sweet.

I'll take one final run with my 3* luck through Rainbow Beast S2 tonight... let's hope something finally drops for me...

DAMASCUS
Jul 20, 2007, 12:52 AM
The coolest thing about this week is that I finally saw Lutus Jigga and that other rare variant. Nothing good from either one but I did get a Citrad. Pretty...shiny...tastes like oranges http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I got my first Neptuline...two in fact http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Will we ever get to use them...before AOI? big LOL

Almighty_Envy
Jul 20, 2007, 12:55 AM
I got a headache from it...

Zorafim
Jul 20, 2007, 12:57 AM
Still no S ranks, so I suppose I really didn't get anything this week but a levelup.

l0c0dantes
Jul 20, 2007, 01:05 AM
A broken hannmetic

Kairi_Li
Jul 20, 2007, 01:06 AM
Maintanence is on, and no board drops for me at all, just synths that I don't care for.

To me, it is a waste.

Skids
Jul 20, 2007, 01:11 AM
With one exception it was a pretty good week for me. Had good luck with the grinding weapons, got a lot synth materials which I always can use. Decent mestea and pa fragments from the new s2. Saw my friends got some cool s rank boards.

Plus i did get s rare maps. Got The Endrum rare map and finally got the GRINNA BETE S ROOM DEC I was hunting for so long! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Which made me week. Also got the Sleeping Warriors rare map as well.

The only bad thing was the sleeping warriors rare map. The party leader(not sure if I'm allowsed to say the name of the player due to pso-world policy) Decided to be greedy and a jerk. After we found rappies in b2. Said if ye got the rare boss. I'll boot ya all by b3. So after the team pleaded with the player include me asking if I can just get a screenshot. The player booted the entire team. Glad they got on that thou.

Finae
Jul 20, 2007, 01:19 AM
Eh, made about 80 mil in armor boards, units, and whatnot from doing eastern peril s2 from sat to thur. Har/quick never dropped, but got a ton of synth mats, halarod, armor boards, sori/force, etc. Think that thursday, I was about to go insane so I said f' the har/quick hunt for a couple weeks.

It was a waste though. Besides all that and the sori/tech charge I found the first day, I never got what I was looking for. I rather hunt with 0 luck more than anything. 3 luck is overated and always will be like that. Its only good for grinding purposes. Thats the only time I'll believe in this luck mumbo jumbo.

Just think of it this way, if you have 3 luck, the drop rate for that item now goes from 1/20434305840584085 to 1/993388928329838923482983424. But the drop rate for things like kereseline goes from 1/64 to 1/5. So basically we are playing PSO again except the drop rate is 3x worse when you have 3 luck ;P. Sega should just get rid of the luck system because its no good. RL luck > ingame luck.

Dealer
Jul 20, 2007, 01:24 AM
I had a lot of fun - the level cap release was sorely needed. It's fun to see how hardcore people are before everyone is 90.

Saw:
[B]Dilette Line
[B]Stormline
[B] Catiline
6 [B] Ran-Misaki
4 Grinna Bete S

Got:
Hard/Hit Charge
2 Onmagoug Auge
1 Grinna Bete S
1 Relic Edge
3 [B] Hoza-senba
4 Crozara / [B] Crozara
1 tomoirod / [B] tomoirod

Prepare for everyone and their dog to be at Raffon Fieldbase tomorrow. Not a bad thing.

FUFME
Jul 20, 2007, 01:28 AM
Im hearing Onmagoug Auge drops a lot now at Peril S2. Know someone farming there that got 10 of them in the last few days.

Guesss part of the re-balance. Tried a few Demon S runs before server down and no luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

HandOfThornz
Jul 20, 2007, 09:10 AM
3* luck week has kinda been so-so, nothing real awesome and nothing real bad

I solo'd The Mad Beast S2. I got 1 vestaline, through the entire run...then 1 k. wood from boss box...guess thats my punishment for not abandoning a bee map http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

- i've seen 1 S rank [B] drop.. (2 headed-ragus)
- i've been in a party rare spawn on Sleeping warriors S2 all we got was rappy feathers and goldania =(

Best items i got was
- [B] ganna line( solo labs recovery S2)
- [B] Delsabaner( Party seed awakening S)
- Delsabaner blades x2( Party Seed awakening S)
- [B] Del jagnus( solo Fight for food S2)

Best grinds were +5, anything over that broke with grinders+9's =/

- 5/9 assassic k. rifle made.................. 4 grinded to +4
- 6/9 shigga bomic k. shotgun made.... 5 grinded to +4
- x4 Rapiers (npc 29% ice) +5

I broke my Twin kitty claws grinding 1-2 with a +9 grinder..o well,would of been nice to sell though.

Materials have been no different, a good amount will drop every now and then.

But hell, i have seen so so so many MONOMATES and many berry/truffles. i should of collected them all, could of been millions of profit...not lol.

Almost level 88, not lvl90 like i hoped.

The next event shall be great though, all those rappy feathers for averagely good rewards =)

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 09:18 AM
On 2007-07-19 23:19, Finae wrote:
Eh, made about 80 mil in armor boards, units, and whatnot from doing eastern peril s2 from sat to thur. Har/quick never dropped, but got a ton of synth mats, halarod, armor boards, sori/force, etc. Think that thursday, I was about to go insane so I said f' the har/quick hunt for a couple weeks.

Oh, yeah, 80 mil, is that all? Man, what a crappy week for you. Meanwhile I'll go back to hoarding the grand 80k I made off of photons in the last week. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

pionear
Jul 20, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-07-19 13:26, pionear wrote:
Pros:

Alot of 10-12* Mats
Got all my Parum/GRM weapons grinded to 3-5
Seen rare creatures once (Orgus/Rappy; only dropped feathers/goldania)

Cons:

Didn't see any S Ranks drop (yet)
One Delette Line drop (went to someone else)
Not enough $$$ for the new missions
Broke two Yohmei weapons on the third grind (one was a 35% Single Claw!)

One more day/night left, so I'll update it afterwards.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pionear on 2007-07-19 13:27 ]</font>

Update! I just got a Stormline. Not the one I wanted, But at least I got one S-Rank drop.

Wallin
Jul 20, 2007, 03:11 PM
Well glad to see some people got stuff, I think the general consensus is that luck isn't worth jack though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2007-07-20 13:11 ]</font>

DRO
Jul 20, 2007, 05:35 PM
I FOUND
[ ] SWEET DEATH
[ ] DELETTE LINE
[ ] 2 HEADED RAGNUS
2 EVIL TWINS
1 RAPIER

BROKE WAY TOO MANY WEAPONS

Altaneen
Jul 20, 2007, 05:45 PM
lets see i found 50+ vestaline like 20 vulcaline 20+ mot ebon a few mot resin - polymer, and after 5 of the 7 3 star days of looking for the rare spawn on sleeping warriors s2 i finally got it, but it gave me nothing exept 3 rappy feathers